Author Topic: Twycross Tamar March Militia vs Jade Falcon / Clan Invasion  (Read 3700 times)

kaliban

• Warrant Officer
  • https://owa3025.blogspot.com/
    • Outworlds Alliance blog
I am looking for the units composition of the two sides on the battle for Twycross.

Thanks

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Twycross Tamar March Militia vs Jade Falcon / Clan Invasion
« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2019, 16:41:32 »
the entire roster for the Falcon Guards is on pg 18-19 of the Twycross scenario pack

the Twycross TMM doesn't get a roster but the units used in the scenarios are as follows (I didn't cross-check for repeat pilots in the ad hoc companies presented later in the book):

Gruber's Battalion Command Lance
Darnell's Company
Bell's Company
Shiner's Pursuit Lance (1st battalion, 3rd company)
Schuller's Provisional Company
Tanaka's Reserve Company
Two unidentified FC recon lances
Survivors from Umcizi's Battalion (one company)
Mowbray's Provisional Company
Kruger's Provisional Company
Wyman's Company

10th Lyran Guards:
Brubaker's Company (of Drake's Battalion)
Jungblud's Company (4 lances)

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

cypher226

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2019, 01:56:41 »
Related but kinda OT - does the product referenced state the colours for the TMM at all? Guessing usual Lyran March Militia, but is there a trim colour stated?

Asking as I built a TMM company for a clan invasion campaign and couldn't find a definite answer!

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 12 July 2019, 02:30:19 »
In my universe the TMM was created using equipment of the Tamar Jagers and planetary militias. Why?
The Jagers are units that were mentioned in early sourcebooks, but nowwhere later. We haven't seen any hint what happened to them.
We know they had once 4 mechs of mostly medium mechs (even, when the camospecs booklet shows us a Zeus - maybe thats what is called a lyran medium). We know they were somehwere between green and regular. And we know from TRO3026 that they took heavy losses on Memmingen.
In my eyes it sounds valid that with the reorganization of the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth in 3041 units like the Tamar Jagers, maybe seen as private army of an unloved march lord, was reorganized too. Using the reminders of the 4 regiments and using local militia to build up 6 new TMM regiments.

That said in my universe the TMM used a variation of red and black to honor the heritage of the Tamar Pact.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #5 on: 12 July 2019, 08:24:27 »
Related but kinda OT - does the product referenced state the colours for the TMM at all? Guessing usual Lyran March Militia, but is there a trim colour stated?

Asking as I built a TMM company for a clan invasion campaign and couldn't find a definite answer!

unless it's nestled in the scenario fluff i didn't see anything. unfortunately, the TMM didn't survive for FM: Lyran Alliance where such things were more consistently documented.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #6 on: 12 July 2019, 09:44:48 »
Nothing about it in JFSB or ER3052?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #7 on: 12 July 2019, 10:28:51 »
JFSB has a single paragraph
3052 gives a similar but slightly expanded account of the TMM's heroism

nothing about colors in any source i've looked at unfortunately

ocherstone

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 20 August 2019, 21:58:29 »
JFSB has a single paragraph
3052 gives a similar but slightly expanded account of the TMM's heroism

nothing about colors in any source i've looked at unfortunately

War College of Tamar's school rag was forest green. The colored insignia on Sarna http://www.sarna.net/wiki/War_College_of_Tamar gives a visual of the green/blue.  I'd think those colors.

cypher226

• Corporal
« Reply #9 on: 23 August 2019, 06:09:20 »
Thanks Sartris.  I painted them Lyran blue but left the highlight colour spots plain black, so I might go back and add the green.