Author Topic: NorCal Area: Anyone still Kicking?  (Read 12550 times)

Luciora

• Major

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Re: NorCal Area: Anyone still Kicking?
« Reply #91 on: 19 November 2021, 20:19:11 »
So for future proofing, we have been talking on the discord about DunDraCon. Maybe a larger meet up in February.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #92 on: 27 November 2021, 18:24:04 »
I will be out in Stockton next Saturday, if someone wants to try and get a game in at the Dragons Den around 2ish.

BrokenTime27

• Recruit
« Reply #93 on: 12 December 2021, 12:48:48 »
Hello again. Tried joining the Bay Area Battletech Brethren group some time ago but my request just keeps saying pending. I assume people are busy with the holidays, but wanted to check that I had the correct group.

Played a couple games of Alpha Strike with my kids (easier and faster). Do people play more Classic or Alpha Strike? I think I am more interested in classic, but getting in any games sounds good to me. How to people feel about 3D terrain vs just using maps? I have a 3D printer and been working on a base. Thinking of going all 3D with hills and terrain.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #94 on: 12 December 2021, 17:59:47 »
Hello again. Tried joining the Bay Area Battletech Brethren group some time ago but my request just keeps saying pending. I assume people are busy with the holidays, but wanted to check that I had the correct group.

Played a couple games of Alpha Strike with my kids (easier and faster). Do people play more Classic or Alpha Strike? I think I am more interested in classic, but getting in any games sounds good to me. How to people feel about 3D terrain vs just using maps? I have a 3D printer and been working on a base. Thinking of going all 3D with hills and terrain.

That’s the Facebook group. Honestly the Facebook has been pretty quiet. The last couple months is just been me posting about trying to get a game in. I will post to let the Admin know you are waiting tho.

Best bet would be the discord. It has the most activity probably, followed by here and then the Facebook group.
https://discord.gg/pw6h38V6

Where are you located in the Bay?

We have mostly been doing alpha strike. I say mostly, it’s been two meetings in the East Bay and I think a few down in the South Bay. It’s been AS to finish a game in a few hours and be able to use more of the new mechs.

I’ve done a few classics with some buddies and my little brother. That plus megamek. I’d prefer 3D terrain cause looking at the maps, while pretty, it’s a large adjustment from almost any other game, and I guess I’m not very good at that. lol
AS has been easier so far, but I wouldn’t complain about classic

I think we are all kind of on a hiatus right now to let the holidays pass, and will try to go again in January. We are also going to try and meet up at DunDraCon in February I think.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2021, 18:01:44 by Kerfuffin(925) »

BrokenTime27

• Recruit
« Reply #95 on: 12 December 2021, 19:27:20 »
Thanks for the Discord invite. I will go say hello.

I live near downtown Tracy pretty close to our LFGS BlackRowan Games. I understand the holidays being busy and will check back in the new year. For now I will just keep printing terrain.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #96 on: 20 January 2022, 21:07:35 »
We are planning for next weekend (29/30) for a meet up if anyone else is interested. Alpha Strike 600PV

Tacitus55

• Recruit
« Reply #97 on: 31 January 2022, 13:29:22 »
Hoping to get a in a 200pv Alpha strike game at Game Kastle - Redwood City at 7:30pm this Wednesday (Feb 2nd) A couple of folks new to the game have expressed interest. Looking at Civil War for the era and stand up fight as the scenario.

Nerdetritus

• Recruit
« Reply #98 on: 06 February 2022, 08:37:57 »
Hi All. Another returning player here. Used to play in college back in the 90s, but haven't played since. Got the new Beginner Box and Caln Invasion and these minis and contrast paints have me jazzed to start painting and playing again. I live in San Leandro and would be happy to drive up to an hour with enough notice. Would love to try and meet up next time you guys have a day planned.

Also, if anyone could give me a new invite link to the discord, that would be great. Hope to meet some of you soon.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #99 on: 06 February 2022, 14:37:07 »
https://discord.gg/v4Qp8dtZ

Hi All. Another returning player here. Used to play in college back in the 90s, but haven't played since. Got the new Beginner Box and Caln Invasion and these minis and contrast paints have me jazzed to start painting and playing again. I live in San Leandro and would be happy to drive up to an hour with enough notice. Would love to try and meet up next time you guys have a day planned.

Also, if anyone could give me a new invite link to the discord, that would be great. Hope to meet some of you soon.

Nerdetritus

• Recruit
« Reply #100 on: 06 February 2022, 19:23:08 »
Thanks for the invite Luciora!

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #101 on: 19 February 2022, 20:26:05 »
For those that didn't see it in the Discord, the Barnes and Noble in Hillsdale, San Mateo looks like they are clearing out thier Battletech stuff, bought the last 2 Beginner Boxsets for 10 apiece and they had 7 WD packs on sale for 15 each.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #102 on: 22 February 2022, 16:16:06 »
Kerfuffin and I got together for an Alpha Strike game last weekend at Black Diamond Games in Concord.  We had a great time, and I although I didn't take near enough photos, I wrote up an after action report--you can take a look here:  https://bg.battletech.com/forums/after-action-reports/alpha-strike-at-black-diamond-games-in-concord-california-on-22022/

Cheers all!

Tacitus55

• Recruit
« Reply #103 on: 16 March 2022, 12:59:09 »
Game Tonight at Game Kastle Redwood City @7:30pm
Alpha Strike
PV: 250
Era: Civil War
Scenario: Capture the Flag or stand up fight if we a decent amount of people

Autotuna

• Recruit
« Reply #104 on: 04 May 2022, 08:03:46 »
Hello! Fairly new player in the South Bay, would love to meet some locals and get on the discord! I've got a the AGoAC box and even some GHQ minis painted, but I couldn't make it to the Fremont group's time :(

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #105 on: 04 May 2022, 09:06:13 »

https://discord.gg/kY3Wsfzg

Hello! Fairly new player in the South Bay, would love to meet some locals and get on the discord! I've got a the AGoAC box and even some GHQ minis painted, but I couldn't make it to the Fremont group's time :(