Author Topic: Operation Guerrero Campaign - Sarasota, FL (FWL Front)  (Read 3155 times)

yergerjo

• Sergeant
Operation Guerrero Campaign - Sarasota, FL (FWL Front)
« on: 09 December 2011, 08:52:33 »
Target: Talitha (Federated Commonwealth)
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Talitha

Defender: 9th Division of Com Guards "Dark Kat Killers", Talitha Planetary Militia
Attacker: Atrean Hussars (Free Worlds League)

Places of Interest:

Gilmour MilTech Manufacturing Plant - Industrial Site (Continent of Ariel)
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Gilmour_MilTech
Charity Heights - Planetary Capital (Continent of Ariel)
Tagus Metropolis - HPG Station and Com Guards 9th Division HQ (Continent of Erebus)
Tagus Drop Port - Economic Center (Continent of Erebus)

Notes: Using the Chaos Campaign rules and Era Report 3062

"Major, we are executing a 2G burn from pirate point Alpha Zeta 5 in the Talitha system and expect to make planetfall in 8 hours. Scans show minimal areospace assets in the system so we expect little trouble during the landing; we are also continuing our communications black out until we are on the surface as you instructed." <Jacob Ryans>

"Excellent Jacob, once we land I want you to take our scouts to check the defenses of the Gilmour complex. The success of this campaign will depend on our securing those supplies quickly. Good luck to us all." <Major John Handerson>

"Yes, sir."
<Jacob Ryans>

Mission 1: Recon at the Gilmour Miltech Manufacturing Plant
Starting WP Total: 1000 WP
Cost: 100 WP
Objectives:
  • Avoid being Scanned by defending forces (Defenders scan as per p. 119 Era Report 3062) - Reward 75 WP
  • Why Wait? Destroy/Disable/Force to Withdraw all defending forces - Reward 100 WP
  • Scan and Identify buildings in the complex - Reward 100 WP

Forces:

Attacker:
Centurion CN9-A (3/4)
Trebuchet TBT-5N (4/5)
Panther PNT-9R (4/5)
Jenner JR7-D (4/5)

Defender:
Jenner JR7-D (4/4)
Hermes HER-1A (4/5)
Locust LCT1V (5/5)
Wasp WSP-1A (5/5)

Game Play:
Turn 1 - "Contact Commander! Sir we have mechs approaching the plant! ....they're shooting at me...Who are these guys?" <Private Lester>
The militia scout in the Hermes discovers the approaching Hussars and takes concentrated fire from them but no one scores a hit.
"Calm down Lester, what is your position? Reinforcements are on their way." <Commander Cody McGill>

Turn 2 - The militia Hermes scores first blood on the Hussar Centurion as he wildly fires his missiles.
"I got 'im! I got 'im...uhm sir? I think I might have just made them mad!" <Pvt Lester>
"Hold on Private, I'm on my waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay..... <Crash>" <Commander Cody> As the commander tries to move his Jenner away from the facility, he slips in his rush and slides into the forest.

Turn 3 - Militia Wasp scans enemy Jenner, Hussars Panther destroys the Hermes right arm with a PPC blast while the Centurion blasts through his left torso damaging his engine and then reaches in and tears out his gyro (Punch with 2 Gyro crits).

Turn 4 - Militia Locust scans the Hussars Panther and Trebuchet. Commander Cody tries to alpha strike the Centurion in revenge for Lester, but misses with every shot. The Hussar Jenner destroys the Wasps right arm with a crit and forces him to withdraw.
"Jimbo, get out of here! Warn the Colonel about these guys. I'll hold them off as long as I can." <Commander Cody>

Turn 5 - The militia Locust peppers the Hussar Trebuchet with his machine guns but gets struck in the engine by a shot from the Panther and falls and is under Force Withdrawl.

Turn 6 - The militia Locust gets up and tries to escape, dodging fire from both the Panther and Trebuchet but runs right into the  Centurion and has his right leg destroyed.

Turn 7 - "Ok, I give. don't shoot me no more! I surrender." The militia Locust powers down while Commander Cody tries a Death from Above against the Trebuchet (needing a 9) but fails, crashing to the ground (Praise to the god of the Unfinished Book for seat belts).

Turn 8 - The militia Jenner suffers an ammo explosion from an AC 10 shot from the Centurion, Commander Cody blacks out as his auto-eject blasts him free and crashes to the ground (suffering a total of 5 hits that turn)

Turn 9 - The militia Wasp continues his escape run dodging missile fire at range.

Turn 10 - The militia Wasp escapes, leaving the Hussars in command of the field.

After Action Report:
Ransom the 3 captured pilots back to the Militia +175 WP (50 each for regular Pilots, 75 for the Lance Commander)
Repair the Jenner
Rearm the Trebuchet and Centurion
Salvage Locust and Hermes, Jenner is too damaged to be salvaged.

Avoided scanning +75 WP
Why Wait? +100 WP
Scan Buildings +100 WP  <Default>

Ending WP Total: 1328 WP
« Last Edit: 09 December 2011, 09:00:35 by yergerjo »
Physical attacks for Griffin GRF-1DS (Bot1)
Punch (Right Arm) at Summoner Prime #2 (Jade_Falcon); needs 6, rolls 10 : hits (using Punch table) HD
Summoner Prime #2 (Jade_Falcon) takes 6 damage to HD. Armor destroyed, <<<SECTION DESTROYED>>>,
*** Summoner Prime #2 (Jade_Falcon) DESTROYED by damage! ***
Critical hit on HD. Roll is 9; 1 location.
<<<CRITICAL HIT>>> on Standard Cockpit.

yergerjo

• Sergeant
Re: Operation Guerrero Campaign - Sarasota, FL (FWL Front)
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2011, 09:02:39 »
*This message is intended to be a message sent through all forms of media to both the citizens of Talitha, and the forces defending her. This includes being televised and distributed through the appropriate radio channels.*

*BEGIN TRANSMISSION*
Citizens of Talitha, I am Major John Handerson of the Atrean Hussars from the Free Worlds League. 32 years ago this world and her citizens were those of the FWL, and we are here to liberate you from the Federated Commonwealth. For too long the Davions have been in control of Free Worlds citizens, and our Captain-General plans to change that.

The proposition of war is a scary thought for most, but I wish to ease at least some of your worries. At this time, I would like to formally declare the overall rules of engagement for the Hussars in our mission.

1. No battle will be fought in a residential area of any sort. Whether city or small town, we are determined to keep fighting outside of Talitha’s homes and neighborhoods.
2. Citizens of Talitha will not be taken advantage of in order to push any sort of war effort further along.
3. Enemy captives will be treated with respect per the Rules of War.

If any enemy forces desire to go against these rules of engagement, then swift punishment will be administered without hesitation. The Free Worlds League intends to bring back Talitha to its former glory, and will not tolerate those who wish to cause hardship for her citizens. In no way shape or form do we wish that the coming battles will cause you the people any personal heartache. It is my own desire that any coming battles be waged with words rather than Mechs, but that will be up to both the planetary militia, and the Comstar forces stationed here.

As such, I would like to make a formal plea to all militia forces to not forcefully resist our liberation of this world. Being militia, you are citizens of Talitha and I harbor no ill will to you for desiring to defend your planet from invaders. I would like to point out that we are not the invaders however, but more returning defenders. Any militia who decides to side with the Atrean Hussars will be rewarded greatly in the months to come. Our own Captain-General has officially announced any militia forces who stand down will be given much needed repairs and replacements to your Mechs, and advanced training so that your pilots will be enabled to even more effectively protect your world from true invaders. Plus, militia forces will not be drafted and forced to leave their world in the coming months as more worlds are retaken. While all of this is truly worth considering, I do have to point out that this offer does have a timeframe I’m afraid. Any militia that still resist the Free Worlds retaking of Talitha over the next 48 hours will be considered soldiers of the enemy forces and will be treated as such. I implore you to consider our offer. Not only for yourselves, but so unnecessary battles need not take place. Death is a natural course of life, but I do not believe in making it come sooner than needed.

To the Comstar personnel guarding both the planetary drop port and the HPG, I would like to state that my Captain-General in no way has declared war upon your organization. As such, no attacks will be instigated from any of my soldiers towards Comstar or its holdings. However, if we are provoked into conflict, we will respond accordingly. I hope that does not occur.

My goal is to liberate Talitha with as few losses as possible. Seeing as how the current defenders don’t owe their allegiance to the Federated Commonwealth I see no reason why they would not see reason and stand with us rather than against. To those who wish to support our mission, we ask that you simply be patient as we organize efforts with the proper government officials in the weeks to come. I will broadcast again at the proper time.

Thank you all.
*END TRANSMISSION*
Punch (Right Arm) at Summoner Prime #2 (Jade_Falcon); needs 6, rolls 10 : hits (using Punch table) HD
Summoner Prime #2 (Jade_Falcon) takes 6 damage to HD. Armor destroyed, <<<SECTION DESTROYED>>>,

yergerjo

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 09 December 2011, 09:51:35 »
Target: Talitha (Federated Commonwealth)
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Talitha

Defender: 9th Division of Com Guards "Dark Kat Killers", Talitha Planetary Militia
Attacker: Atrean Hussars (Free Worlds League)

Notes: Using the Chaos Campaign rules and Era Report 3062

<18 hours following the previous mission>
"Sir, our fighters have discovered mech forces leaving Charity Heights and are currently enroute. It looks like 2 lances of medium to heavy mechs."

"Prep the drop ship. While they attack us here, take the Assault Lance and secure the capital. This could be easier than we expected."

Mission 2: Defense at the Gilmour Miltech Manufacturing Plant
Starting WP Total: 1328 WP
Cost: 200 WP
Objectives:
  • Select Destruction. Destroy or Force to Withdraw all forces which enter play on Turn 1 +300 WP
  • Cut off the Head. Destroy or Disable or Force to Withdraw the attacking force commander +100 WP

Forces:

Attacker:
Archer ARC-4M (3/4) (Force Commander)
Marshal MHL-X1 (4/5)
Griffin GRF-1N (4/5)
Centurion CN9-A (5/4) [Yes, he is a better pilot than gunner]

Wolverine WVR-6R (4/5) (Lance Commander)
Catapult CPLT-C1 (5/5)
Dervish DV-6M (5/5)

Defender:
Battlemaster BLR-3M (2/3) (Major John Handerson) (Force Commander)
Marauder MAD-5Mc (3/4) (Bruce Grove)
Archer ARC-5S (3/4) (Cassandra Turf)
Caesar CES-3R (2/3) (James Hendrix)

Centurion CN9-A (3/4) (Jacob Ryans) (Lance Commander)
Trebuchet TBT-5N (4/5) (Lilo Smite)
Panther PNT-9R (4/5) (Patrick Time)
Jenner JR7-D (4/5) (Sarah Smith)

Game Play:

Note: The Hussars set up with their Command Lance outside the facility to the west while the Recon lance covers the east with the Command Archer. The Militia forces initially enter play from the west.

Turn 1 - Militia Griffin and Archer fire at the Marauder (Archer missing with both LRM 20s), the Marshal and Centurion vs the Caesar. The Caesar fires back at the Centurion damaging 2 torso locations internally forcing him to withdraw.

Turn 2 - The Marshal continues firing at the Caesar while the Archer continues to miss with his LRM 20s. The Caesar takes a parting shot at the Centurion with its Gauss rifle but hits a hill. The Griffin jumps next to the Marauder but gets shot down by the Battlemaster and falls to the ground, meanwhile the Marauder misses a kick against the Griffin.

Turn 3 - The Griffin stands up while the Centurion escapes. The Battlemaster takes some fire from the Archer. The Griffin gets savaged by the Marauder, falling with a damaged leg and foot actuator, hits his head on a bar and falls unconscious and is then kicked by the Marauder.

"Reinforcements, head for a flanking position" <Militia Force Commander>

Turn 4 - Militia reinforcements arrive from the east. The Catapult and Dervish jump in and launch their missiles against the Hussar Centurion while the Wolverine runs toward the Panther. The Griffin continues to be kicked by the Marauder and the Marshal falls during it's duel with the Caesar.

Turn 5 - Militia Archer indirectly fires at the Battlemaster as it moves to assist the Recon Lance. The Caesar hits the Marshals engine and gyro while the Marauder hits the Marshals cockpit. The Griffin pilot cannot seem to wake himself up despite the repeated kicking. The Centurion gets a head shot on the Wolverine, stripping the armor and leaving him with 1 structure.

Turn 6 - Militia Archer trades shots with the Marauder and takes fire from the Caesar. Blows are traded over by the Recon Lance.

Turn 7 - Marauder destroys the Militia Archers left arm. The Centurion falls after a foot and hit get damaged and then gets kicked in the side by the militia Catapult causing 2 ammo explosions; as the pilot ejects he gets tangled in his parachute lines and caught in the trees and strangles. (2+2 from the ammo explosions, ejection failure margin of 7 for an additional 3 damage to the pilot)

Turn 8 - Militia Archer hits the Marauder with 36 missiles, but suffers a destroyed LRM 20 in return and is forced to withdraw. The militia Dervish falls due to damage from the Hussar Archer.

Turn 9 - An series of SRMs from the Wolverine causes the Hussar Jenner to drop and shut down.

"Militia forces are ordered to withdraw." <Militia Force Commander>

Turn 10 - All militia forces retreat off the map.

After Action Report:
Keep Griffin Pilot captive.
Salvage Griffin and Marshal
Repair Battlemaster, Panther, Trebuchet, Marauder, Ceaser and salvaged Griffin
Rearm Archer, Trebuchet, Marauder, Caeser

Select Destruction +300 WP

Ending WP Total: 1295 WP

yergerjo

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 12 December 2011, 19:43:36 »
48 Hours Later

"Major, our aerospace assets have been unable to find any sign of the militia 'mechs. They must have lost themselves into the wilderness." <Cassandra Turf>

"Hopefully, since we hold their capital and Gilmour they don't have anywhere to rearm and resupply...Perhaps they will just stay hidden and sit out the rest of this operation...for their own good." <Major John Handerson>

"Sir, we have just received word from Comstar. They regret to inform us that they have been charged with the defense of this planet and its people by the First Prince. Also, that if we want to actually control this system them we will have to run them all off planet."

Ouchies

• Warrant Officer
  • Rightly good batchall my good sport. Rightly good.
« Reply #4 on: 13 December 2011, 07:41:14 »
Nice writeup.  O0

sherlox

• Sergeant
  • "You rebel scum...wait, wrong universe"
« Reply #5 on: 13 December 2011, 14:40:27 »
was this supposed to be a fair fight...?  the attackers were down a mech, noticeably lower on weight and generally inferior in piloting.  Will the player be dealing with carry-over damage between fights or some such in a long campaign setting?

yergerjo

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 14 December 2011, 00:22:31 »
was this supposed to be a fair fight...?  the attackers were down a mech, noticeably lower on weight and generally inferior in piloting.  Will the player be dealing with carry-over damage between fights or some such in a long campaign setting?

Yes, damage can/will carry over. The planetary defending forces were fixed beforehand. The Player was able to choose his forces to defend without knowing the composition of his opposition, so while he can err on the side of over zealousness...he can also be underwhelmed at times. Also, he has no reinforcement capability. Per Operation Guerrero anyways, the FWL forces generally used 4th SW Fed Suns tactics with overwhelming force. This last fight was kind of fair...it was just stacked smartly, enough so that the OpFor caused enough damage to force the Player to expend resources even with a win.