Author Topic: Alterations to Radar map  (Read 1669 times)

Commander85

• Private
Alterations to Radar map
« on: 13 July 2020, 23:24:00 »
We’ve been utilising the Radar Map and the Capital Radar map during AS games more lately.

My goal is to figure out a way to include a space/star print image on the Capital map and outer ring of the Radar map, with a sky image inside of the outer ring on the Radar map and ground image for the rectangular section.

Does anybody have any conceptual ideas how to implement that? I keep thinking it would improve immersion.

My only idea thus far is to cut perfectly sized pieces from an image and glue them in place between the lines.

Descronan

• Master Sergeant
  • "No multi-pass."
Re: Alterations to Radar map
« Reply #1 on: 30 September 2020, 13:24:33 »
Download GIMP (or Photoshop) and open the PDF and edit the outer ring. I'm sure I could knock that out pretty quickly. Just gotta find the right images...

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #2 on: 30 September 2020, 13:57:29 »
That sounds suspiciously like a near picture of a planet. Space-atmosphere-planet. You'll probably need to increase the atmosphere with Photoshop, but it looks doable.

Commander85

• Private
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2020, 15:09:57 »
Thanks for the feedback.

I’ll download GIMP and have a go with that! Thank you  :thumbsup:

Mostro Joe

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 12 October 2020, 05:30:27 »
Did you succeed?

Commander85

• Private
« Reply #5 on: 12 October 2020, 15:18:45 »
Life has been interfering with my BT needs. Work, children all those unpleasantries.

But it’s my next project.  ::) I’ve actually also had a very nice space image and sky image made for engagement maps too.