Author Topic: The Anime M@sterthread - Anime Gunsmith Catgirls Reincarnated into Another Thread  (Read 141586 times)

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
I have also been watching and enjoying 86.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
86 is so good. Serious military sci-fi mecha show was what was needed and 86 hits it out of park.
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Well, Love, Death, & Robots season two dropped on Netflix today.

It's short.  Surprisingly so.  Less than half the length of season one.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

DarkSpade

• Major
Well the individual shows were never that long anyway.  Maybe they'll release more often but just in shorter seasons now?

With that and Transformers, I'm just waiting for Witcher season 2 and I'm ready to resub.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Yeah, Season 2 had 8 episodes compared to Season 1's 18.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
I didn't expect 86 to have cute moment from Lena at end but that's what we got. It did felt like mood whiplash after everything else that had happened in episode 6. 

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Well, Love, Death, & Robots season two dropped on Netflix today.

It's short.  Surprisingly so.  Less than half the length of season one.
I suspect without looking anything up that NetFlic's budget finally catching up with them.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
I came across this, and as an Anime fan from the 2000s+ it struck a cord, and i think comes to a generally correct conclusion:

Are They Making Too Much Anime?
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
Miura-sensei, the creator of Berserk, has died of a ruptured aorta.

https://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-05-19/berserk-manga-creator-kentarou-miura-passes-away-at-54/.172988

His work wasn't something I deeply enjoyed by any stretch, but it's tragic someone whose work was loved by millions was cut down so early in his life. May he find peace at the great producer's office in the sky.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
He had been making Berserk since 1989 making that one 32 year old manga. But yeah RIP Miura.

Dies Irae

• Warrant Officer
Can I just take a moment just to say this is quality animation coming from a VTUBER company.

Hololive Alternative PV

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
Can I just take a moment just to say this is quality animation coming from a VTUBER company.

Hololive Alternative PV
The Hololive group is quite professional, possibly one of the leaders of the Vtuber industry.
I have heard that the odds of getting through one of their auditions is between 1/1600 to 1/6000.
So all the talents are very talented in various ways and combinations.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
Looks like the final Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki episode airs in a week.  Considering they went the "marry them all" route, I wonder how this last episode is going to cap off a 29 year long anime series...
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Middcore

• Lieutenant
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
Popping in to this thread for the first time to say I am 100% sold on 86, and that's despite being totally indifferent to all the mecha designs in it.
I write BattleTech fanfics. You can find them all on ScribbleHub, and I welcome your comments.

Luciora

• Major
Oh yeah. Thanks to the new Rec Guide, I'm painting a Locust in black and white.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
Great Ghu, I am SO glad that someone got me to watch this anime: Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song.

What;s it like? Grab your anime mixing bowl, toss into it Terminator, Quantum Leap and a bit of Black Widow, spice with the writer for Re:Zero and mix thoroughly with the studio that brought us Vinland Saga, Kabaneri and Ancient Magus' Bride and out comes Vivy!

I'm loving it!
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
Watched Re: Zero. Cool world building, jut the main story was too fan service and uninteresting for me.

I want an earth dragon mount,

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
I re-watched Fate Zero with new eye after talking in Discord with people that know about Fate far more than I do. I do like interactions between some master and servant pairs but sadly Kiritsugu and Saber isn't among those.

Waver and Iskandar were highlight from those but Kirei and Gilgamesh were great together as well. Of course Ryuusuke and Gilles were also good pair for being two child killing maniacs. Then there is that I now feel bad for Kayneth and Diarmund. Keyneth wasn't bad person as far as mages go (some are far worse including Tokiomi and Zouken) and he actually cared about Sola-ui while Diarmund suffered from curse that Lancers tend to have. Kiritsugu was really cold when he had Maiya kill Kayneth and Sola-ui. Needless to say Zero version of Saber wasn't happy about that because Uro didn't understand her character and made her all about honor.   

It really shows that Uro wrote Zero before he wrote Madoka because of how bad he was at writing female characters at that time. I have to give him credit for realizing that and wanting to do better in that regard and actually improving as writer. 

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
Yeah, when you look at Fate/Zero, you can really tell that there were characters that Urobuchi was really enthusiastic about and characters that are just there, whether because they were already part of the story or he couldn't come up with anything more than a stand-in. There are parts of Fate/Zero that are amazing, and there are parts that are just utterly boring and forgettable, and sadly a lot of the latter deal with the franchise's established cast. Urobuchi's got a number of strengths as a writer, but I don't feel like Fate/Zero is one of his better works by any stretch.

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
Just discovered this little gem from Short Peace : Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day (2016 PS3 game) :

A Farewell to Arms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3eFoT0gyvI
(starts at the 21.25 mark, linear, non-complete, original dialogue)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF9iBrsN_F8
(non-linear, non-complete, music dub)

Guess I'll have to source the game to see the full version...

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
Well then they threw us curve ball in 86 ep7.

Basically Spearhead is just there to die in battle so they won't be getting any reinforcements. So whole "5 years in service" thing was total lie. Alba are really nasty so I want to know about Empire to understand why they are supposed to be worse than Republic.   

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
Well then they threw us curve ball in 86 ep7.

Basically Spearhead is just there to die in battle so they won't be getting any reinforcements. So whole "5 years in service" thing was total lie. Alba are really nasty so I want to know about Empire to understand why they are supposed to be worse than Republic.   
Many older Alba are scarred and all the older Alba seek to totally isolate the younger generations from whatever happened before. I guess that something very bad happened then, maybe the Alba had been used before as disembodied components?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships