Author Topic: The Anime M@sterthread - Anime Gunsmith Catgirls Reincarnated into Another Thread  (Read 140037 times)

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
Speaking of older anime, I have been going through all of Grumpy Jii-san's anime reviews and making note of older series that I'd like to see. I love his style.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

elf25s

• Major
*sigh*

I only have the original series.

Right now, I’m rewatching Ergo Proxy. Might rewatch Trinity Blood next, or maybe Kino’s Journey.

Ruger
man ergo proxy had some of the gnarliest and mood setting soundtrack i had pleasure to listen to
check your pm regarding votoms i may have the cure for that
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
Anime I always recommend if you want something short and relaxing is Quiet Country Cafe/Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou; it's two sets of two OAVs and really nothing happens but it's wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbxcNB9k9z8

Reviewer goes into more depth, but it's honestly good to watch if you want something to wind down and relax to.  And the manga is by far my favorite I've ever read, and I've been into anime since the late 80s. 
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

DarkSpade

• Major
Finally got to watch Rascal Does Not Dream of Dreaming Girl.  Holy crap that was intense.  Kind of takes everything in the show and ramps it up to 11.Really went a lot of places I wasn't expecting. I was thinking at first they should have just put the story in the show, but as movie went on, it became clear it wouldn't have worked nearly as well with commercial breaks and multiple interruptions for opening and closing credits.

If you're a fan of the show, the movie is a must watch. You finally learn what was going on with Shoko and the truth behind Sakuta's wounds.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

DarkSpade

• Major
So I finished My Ordinary Life (productive afternoon for me), and I've come to the realization that the endings of all slice of life anime suck.  It's not that they have bad last episodes.  There's generally nothing particularly special about their last episodes.  They're usually just another episode that could have been mixed in anywhere else in the series.  Unlike shows with an ongoing plot of some kind, there's no resolution of anything.  As a result, there's zero closure.  Just one moment your watching a show you really like, and the next, you're not.  You're just left feeling empty.  Better the show was, the worse the experience.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
Finally, Digimon Adventure: (Can't forget that bloody colon...) is back with a new ep!

By ep 3, two of the Destined had their partners. Ep 4 brings that total to four. I'm not sure adding another RW emergency time-crunch into the mix was really necessary. It also looks like ep 5 will bring the "Destined" part front and center.

While I wasn't thrilled seeing a full-on reboot of Adventure being done so close to the closing of the originals adventures, Adventure:'s take is different enough right now I'm willing to give it a watch.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
*sigh*

I only have the original series.

Right now, I’m rewatching Ergo Proxy. Might rewatch Trinity Blood next, or maybe Kino’s Journey.

Ruger

Finished rewatching all three of those. Now rewatching the Vision of Escaflowne tv series.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
Finally, Digimon Adventure: (Can't forget that bloody colon...) is back with a new ep!

By ep 3, two of the Destined had their partners. Ep 4 brings that total to four. I'm not sure adding another RW emergency time-crunch into the mix was really necessary. It also looks like ep 5 will bring the "Destined" part front and center.

While I wasn't thrilled seeing a full-on reboot of Adventure being done so close to the closing of the originals adventures, Adventure:'s take is different enough right now I'm willing to give it a watch.

I have never watched original Digimon Adventure but I do like it's reboot. While I haven't watched Digimon anime before it I had some interest to Digimon Tamers but I never got around watching it.
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
I have never watched original Digimon Adventure but I do like it's reboot. While I haven't watched Digimon anime before it I had some interest to Digimon Tamers but I never got around watching it.

I rather enjoyed the first two when they came out in the states (guilty pleasure), but I’m not sure I could watch them again nowadays.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just a little piglet serving the Capellan State!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
Man, if it wasn't already really obvious, the finale of Princess Connect really made it clear they hired the Konosuba director, didn't it?  ;D

DarkSpade

• Major
Man, if it wasn't already really obvious, the finale of Princess Connect really made it clear they hired the Konosuba director, didn't it?  ;D
  Friend of mine recommend this too me.  Now I'm really interested.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Started watching BNA on Netflix.  I'm only on the third episode but it's interesting so far.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant

Tamers is interesting. I think it works better than OG Adventure because of the smaller core number of kids/Digimon. While several more kids become Tamers as the show progresses, it's more manageable than the dozen or so Destined & Digimon partners from Adventure & 02.
The Saban/Fox dub isn't holding up as well as I would care for, but it is a good series. Hulu has it, along with Adventure, Adventure 02, Adventure: (just added. Thank you Toei!), and Frontier.

elf25s

• Major
Started watching BNA on Netflix.  I'm only on the third episode but it's interesting so far.
gets funnier around episode 5
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
Spring season's Tamayomi  had such an upbeat OP, I loved it. Its a shame the animation in the show was all over the place, going from average to bad to meh all in the same scene.  :P
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
YGO Sevens continues. First they had issue of closing ramen shop and themn they introduced first "legal loli" of franchise 37 years old Mimi who is in body of child and in episode after that they introduced her spaghetti loving son who is into Rush Duels. For show written for children Sevens handles Mimi and her sittuation in rather mature manner. She also has divided by her loyalty to Goha Corporation and her son's love for Rush Duels that also helps to make her interesting character. 

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
gets funnier around episode 5

I keep expecting characters from Little Witch Academy to show up.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Finished rewatching all three of those. Now rewatching the Vision of Escaflowne tv series.

Ruger

Started Gungrave but couldn’t get into it, so stopped, and am now enjoying a rewatch of Chrono Crusade.

Might do either Devil May Cry or Desert Punk next. Or maybe Black Lagoon or perhaps a back to back watch of Noir, Madlax and El Cazador de la Bruja.

Burst Angel and or Bubblegum Crisis May be a possibility as well.

Ruger

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
While personally I found Gungrave interesting back when I watched it I understand that it's not for everyone. After all big part of it is Brandon's past and how things turned out way those did with him fighting undead being secondary in story of anime. Then again it's based on video game with same name that IIRC was shooter so they were trying to tell story as well as they could. 

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
Tamers is very good, especially considering the target audience, but it's also a bit of a deconstruction of the previous series, too. It works better when you know the stereotypes it's skewering. Poor, poor Juri.

On a different note. Crunchyroll is finally simulcasting a Precure series. Pity I find this one a pretty...generic?...example of the megafranchise. Maybe it'll grow on me, but considering how GOOD Huggto and Star Twinkle was, it's got a pretty high bar to clear.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
So I got around watching Escaflowne the Movie. I as afraid that it was just retelling of series just in movie form but what I saw was totally different and fresh feeling take on story of Escaflowne. I am surprised that it got so many negative "reviews" from some people. Another reason for me to ignore user "reviews" and form my own opinion instead by watching what interests me.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Well, it's finally happening!

https://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-07-04/the-idolm@ster-million-live-game-gets-tv-anime/.161444

Idolm@ster Million Live is finally getting an anime! The long, dark wait is finally over! The 39 members of the 765Pro Theater Troupe will finally be getting their own anime! Presumably, the original 765Pro Allstars will cameo but not be the focus, as they are all part of one large agency! Some folks are concerned with it being a CG series, but the original Aikatsu staff are helming the project, & that property's CG scenes have always been amazing! I'm psyched!

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
I'd hope they get more than a cameo, but I understand the desire to focus on all the new characters.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

DarkSpade

• Major
Ever since I stumbled on the model kit for Gourai, I'd been hoping the Frame Arm Girls would get an anime.  I should have been more specific in my desires because my anime god fairy seems to have a sense of humor.  I was not expecting Gundum Build Fighters: The Moe Wars.  :crash:

Recently I started doing toy photography and it's starting to look like the main character for the comic is going to be my Gourai model so I decided to give the anime a shot anyway. It's not exactly what I expected.  It's not a bunch of people putting their models into tournament battles.  It's a slice of life story following one girl living with a bunch of sentient model kits she never asked for.  The battles could be longer, but the in between stuff is entertaining enough I don't mind.

4 episodes in so far.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
The Busou Shinki anime had the same issue. A franchise based on 'people have a line of cute combat robots they use for duels' and it ended up a slice of life show. But then, Konami's been messing up that line since near the beginning.

Luciora

• Major
If it wasn't for all the panty shots, I'd almost liken it to Angelic Layer 2.0.  Since it's been literal decades since I saw or read Angelic Layer, I can't recall just how bad the fan service was with that show either.

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
Digimon Adventure: ep 5

So...
There was this Light/Darkness war that wreaked Digital World 1.0 and the non-angelic champion Digimon were involved in the final battle for the Light. Then they were reborn to prep for this thing to happen all again (i.e. now...).

Oh yea, this is gonna be interesting...

There is one thing, if you can call it that, I'm not really liking. Pretty much from the get go, the evolutions, have been pretty much done in 'real time', save for Agumon/Greymon in eps 4 & 5, which are a more "traditional" stock sequence. I mean, I get the focus on DA: seems to be Taichi & Agumon, but it just seems off to only have a evo segment for Agumon and not any of the others

Well at least Mimi gets fully intro'ed next time...

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
If it wasn't for all the panty shots, I'd almost liken it to Angelic Layer 2.0.  Since it's been literal decades since I saw or read Angelic Layer, I can't recall just how bad the fan service was with that show either.

I am not aware of Angelic Layer 2.0 but I don't remember OG Angelic Layer having any fan service considering that it's from CLAMP. 

Digimon Adventure: ep 5

So...
There was this Light/Darkness war that wreaked Digital World 1.0 and the non-angelic champion Digimon were involved in the final battle for the Light. Then they were reborn to prep for this thing to happen all again (i.e. now...).

Oh yea, this is gonna be interesting...

There is one thing, if you can call it that, I'm not really liking. Pretty much from the get go, the evolutions, have been pretty much done in 'real time', save for Agumon/Greymon in eps 4 & 5, which are a more "traditional" stock sequence. I mean, I get the focus on DA: seems to be Taichi & Agumon, but it just seems off to only have a evo segment for Agumon and not any of the others

Well at least Mimi gets fully intro'ed next time...

Yes, things are getting very interesting in DA Reboot indeed with backstory reveal and Digidestined learning what is going on. So far other characters that have been involved have been getting attention as well so currently I am not bothered by heavy focus on Taichi and Agumon.
« Last Edit: 05 July 2020, 16:02:04 by Mecha82 »

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
I am not aware of Angelic Layer 2.0 but I don't remember OG Angelic Layer having any fan service considering that it's from CLAMP. 

I believe what was being said was that Buso Shinki was like Angelic Layer but with panty shots.

Luciora

• Major
Exactly what I meant, didn't mean to confuse.

I believe what was being said was that Buso Shinki was like Angelic Layer but with panty shots.