Author Topic: The Anime M@sterthread - Anime Gunsmith Catgirls Reincarnated into Another Thread  (Read 140031 times)

DarkSpade

• Major
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

DarkSpade

• Major
So, Saki.   There seems to be 3 series and Crunchyroll keeps them on two different pages.  What order am I supposed to watch these?  I'm assuming Saki, Saki: Nationals, then Saki Episode of Side A, but some say Side A is 2nd.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

kato

• Captain
Achiga-hen (Side A) is the second series. Different cast as a spin-off of the first that basically runs in parallel, some characters reappear later in Nationals.

DarkSpade

• Major
Okay, wow.  Just watched episode one.  Fast subtitles can be rough to keep up with, but it's even worse when you also need to read the second set of subtitles explaining what the first set is talking about.  xp   I may need to learn how to play mahjong before I have any chance of enjoying this show.

DarkSpade

• Major
Moved on to The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. It's good, but a lot more drama than I expected.  Around 12 episodes in and I grow ever more worried that the protagonist is going to end up with the wrong girl.  :(  She got him to go on a totally-not-a-date though, so there's still hope the writer comes to their senses.

elf25s

• Major
went back a bit the horror pet shop
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
As I am prone to do when I don't know what else to watch, I'm rewatching Girls Und Panzer.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
As well you should!  I just wish it didn't go 18 months between film releases, with four to go...still gonna be a race between GuP and Evangelion for which franchise finishes first.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
The line when the garage is opened in the first episode and the girls get their first look at the tanks cracks me up every time.

Hana: At least they have personality, wouldn't you say?
Saori: I believe the word you're looking for is "rust."

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

AmBeth

• Corporal
The line when the garage is opened in the first episode and the girls get their first look at the tanks cracks me up every time.

Hana: At least they have personality, wouldn't you say?
Saori: I believe the word you're looking for is "rust."
I wish I could "like" this post! Funny thing is I started rewatching it a couple of days ago!

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
As I am prone to do when I don't know what else to watch, I'm rewatching Girls Und Panzer.

Well done sir! Excellent choice. :)
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
Been keeping up on the Gate manga and oh dear lord they did something terrible: got an astrophysicist teaching a mage the basics about spacetime and gravity.  Considering what Lelei's already done with her recent chemistry and physics learning, she's going to be a right nightmare all too soon.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
Been keeping up on the Gate manga and oh dear lord they did something terrible: got an astrophysicist teaching a mage the basics about spacetime and gravity.  Considering what Lelei's already done with her recent chemistry and physics learning, she's going to be a right nightmare all too soon.

IIRC from the TVTropes page on Gate, it's mentioned that in the later material that the JSDF is looking for a way to create other gateways. It doesn't end well...

DarkSpade

• Major
Finished The Pet Girl of Sakurasou.

First off, ugh.  xp Really unhappy that best girl lost.  Totally her fault though.  Every time her chance came up, she completely choked.  Instead, she helps Kanda end up in a relationship who's only foundation is he helps her get her get dressed in the morning.  That's not even a euphemism for anything.  Nothing against Shiina.  I did like her character, but I just don't see that as a healthy relationship.

Beyond that, good show. Good comedy, good drama, and a lot of feels.  Maybe too many.  Really wasn't what I was looking for when I started watching it, but enjoyed it all the same.  Ryu was awesome. Especially in the scene where he calls out Rita on her BS. Bluntness is an awesome super power when used right. Wouldn't have minded another season just to see him get his own arc.

I really want to get away from love triangles and/or teen drama for awhile. Especially with Rascal Does not Dream of Dreaming Girl coming out at the end of the month. Next I'm considering Nichijou, Gate, or Snow White with the red hair.  Betting the last one should go to the end of the line for a bit.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just a little piglet serving the Capellan State!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
....Snow White with the red hair.  Betting the last one should go to the end of the line for a bit.

Yeah, that's a bad choice if you're trying to give drama a break....

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
I watched about 2/3rds of the way though that one and just got bored.

DarkSpade

• Major
Well that's disappointing to hear, but we'll see.   It had been on my watch list for so long that I bought the blu ray when it went on sale so one way or another, I'll be finishing it eventually.

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
Finally got around to watching Bakarina Episode 9 – Things Got Crazy at a Slumber Party... And am i glad i did. In these trying times its good to have a big laugh and the last 5 minutes of this Ep were hilarious for me. They all know Catarina so well! and they entire Harem had the same idea, brilliant!
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
Finished Ghost in the Shell SAC 2045 today.

Decent, but boo for switching over to a 12 episode season from a 26 episode season.  Finish the danged arc!

Still not happy about Togasa suddenly being divorced, either.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
I should look up a few of these.
I haven't really loved an anime since Legend of Galactic Heroes came out... the FIRST time!  ;D

DarkSpade

• Major
Started watching Sword Oratotia.  I had heard the whole point of this story was to make Ais likeable enough that maybe Bell's crush on her would make sense, but I'm 3 or 4 episodes in and so far it's just an alternate version of DanMachi where Bell is a female elf.  ???

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just a little piglet serving the Capellan State!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
Started watching Sword Oratotia.  I had heard the whole point of this story was to make Ais likeable enough that maybe Bell's crush on her would make sense, but I'm 3 or 4 episodes in and so far it's just an alternate version of DanMachi where Bell is a female elf.  ???

I love Danmachi, but I'm not ashamed to say I dropped Sword Oratoria after 5 episodes. The plot, such that it was, seemed like you were just looking at the same events as S1 Danmachi from a different angle, & Ais Wallenwhatsit still has the personality of wet paste.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
Okay I am back. To me easily best anime from last year was Vinland Saga and this year only thing that can possibly top it in my opinion is season 4 of AoT. Sure I did like Fate Grand Order: Demonic Front Babylonia, Cop Craft and Fairy Gone as well. Still currently I am liking Shin Sakura Wars the Animation and Digimon Adventure reboot.
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

DarkSpade

• Major
Looks like No Game No Life is going to get a second season.  No hard release date yet but they're hoping within the next year.

Looking forward to some more Jibril.  Hopefully she'll get some new merch.  I'd love to have a statue of her, but the only two I've seen so far both kinda suck.  xp

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Looks like No Game No Life is going to get a second season.
Woah, been couple years since it came out. I guess they were...waiting for the manga/light novels get further along?  Hope they don't lose the vibe the first season had (including it's art style/voice acting.)
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

kato

• Captain
I guess they were...waiting for the manga/light novels get further along?
As i understand it:

LN Volume 1-3 : adapted in TV series
LN Volume 4-5:  "light-hearted" to counteract Volume 3 plot progression, basically skipped in adaption
LN Volume 6 : adapted in movie
LN Volume 7-8 : Werebeast God arc, expands directly on volume 6 / movie
LN Volume 9 : "intermission" with strong volume 6 plot hook
LN Volume 10: new arc
LN Volume 11: being written

With that combination only way i could see it going for a season 2 would be to adapt volume 4-5 into one cut-down arc, then edit the movie into an arc for the series and and adapt volume 7-8 as the final arc. Maybe then volume 9 as a new OVA/movie.

Due to health problems of the author it doesn't really have a release schedule. Volume 6 was already written when the TV series aired in 2014, Volume 7-8 was published together in 2015 or so, since then it's been on average about two years between releases.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
Both big card game anime franchises managed to surprise me. YGO Sevens is more lighthearted (as in it doesn't take itself too seriously) than any previous YGO anime and feels fresh while Vangaurd went Fate Illiya route with it's alternative story by having former MC's little sister as magical girl turning Vanguard units real to fight Vanguard units that have possessed people. When you think that card game anime are all same they throw swirl like this. And both are even made by same studio. 

I did watch SAC 2045 and I have to agree with Glass Reflection that beginning taking place in America seems to be mandate from Netflix. Other than that it was solid 12 episode season once they got back to Japan.

I do agree with MoneyLovinOgre4Hire about Togasa being divorced. Suddenly he is in love with Major and over dedicated to team when before that he had beautiful wife and two kids so him abandoning them doesnt make sense.
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

DarkSpade

• Major
I love Danmachi, but I'm not ashamed to say I dropped Sword Oratoria after 5 episodes. The plot, such that it was, seemed like you were just looking at the same events as S1 Danmachi from a different angle, & Ais Wallenwhatsit still has the personality of wet paste.

Just finished it.  It takes awhile, but it does branch off into it's only own thing.  Almost too much.  Do they stumble on a different part of whatever conspiracy was going on in the other show, or did they discover another independent one? I guess if it's the same one it works okay, but if it's a different one, then why?  Wasn't this supposed to just be a side story?  Why end with so many unanswered questions? Are they just going to jump back and forth between Ais and Bell every other season?   

And really, why center the show on Lefiya, and then on top of it, make her fall in love with Ais too? 

I guess it's not bad on it's own.  I was entertained.  I just don't understand why it exists instead of another season of the main story.
« Last Edit: 09 June 2020, 16:44:29 by DarkSpade »

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
$$$$

I think it does help flesh out some of the world, and it does a lot for the Amazon twins and some of the others, but yes. Ais is kinda....wooden at the best of times.