Author Topic: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)  (Read 99652 times)

Luciora

• Major
Re: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)
« Reply #120 on: 09 March 2022, 16:41:42 »
Reading up more info about Kiss Players, the main artist/storyteller wanted to "do something different"  he almost singlehandedly killed the franchise at the time.  The follow up,  Kiss Players Position (I know, I know) went back to the PG rating because of how....offbeat the first series was.  And its apparently canon, for whatever G1 series it was part of as it happens after the animated Movie.
« Last Edit: 09 March 2022, 20:45:20 by Luciora »

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #121 on: 09 March 2022, 16:43:50 »
I had used at least 3 reference pictures for Jazz, to figure out what goes where and where to put putty and parts.  I really wanted to add his shoulder mount, but settled on the wing doors which were added after the picture.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #122 on: 09 March 2022, 19:49:22 »
I was interested in seeing the dropships with the automech brains be able to use Drone Remotes so they're not trapped in their ship bodies. It does make sense they could use them to repair / maintain the ship. 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #123 on: 09 March 2022, 20:49:58 »
Funny, though; I never appreciated until now just how much the Jazz's front wheels migrate from toy to toy incarnation. I have three different versions of him here, and all three put those wheels in different places in robot mode.

It is surprising how much parts can move about from one version to another.

I was getting fatigue when they hit the Head/Target-Masters era, but for me the breaking point was Pretenders. It took a WHILE for me to accept Beast Wars, and forget about the outcome of Beast Machines. But just about NONE of the anime interpretations worked for me, despite the fact that I grew up loving Robotech, Star Blazers, and even thought the lion Voltron was kind of cool (if somewhat insipid [just go straight to the Blazing Sword, okay? we all know every other attack you have won't work. sheesh!]). This is particularly ironic for me as I know the Transformers have Japanese toy/anime origins, and yet their interpretations just fail to appeal. "Kiss Players" was a comic series, I think, and I've only heard/read bits and pieces about it...and every one of those pieces is so far off the reservation they make me wonder if it was an acid trip.

I didn't mind the Pretenders too much. I tended to ignore the Pretender part and enjoy the TFs without them. I liked Star Blazer, Robotech, and Voltron too. I tried to like the later ones but they were too weird. I do like the toys for the War for Cybertron but I don't know anything about the story. The only thing I know about Kiss Players is what I've read on transformers wiki. I don't think I missed anything by missing it.

So, yeah, my favorites go as close to the G1 cartoon and more mature variations thereof that we can get.

Mine too.  :thumbsup:

....Is anyone even interested in the season 3 line-up?

Me!  ;)

[BLANKET CORRECTION: I kept calling Leader-class 100 tons; they're 85 tons and I really need to pay better attention to my own rules!]

- Herb

:))

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #124 on: 11 March 2022, 00:41:43 »
So, okay... It mushroomed into about 188 identified units across the three seasons, and I even included design types GB and Glitterboy tossed into this discussion....

I ended up making a spreadsheet, and spending a good full three days combing through images on TFWiki and IWM....

I may have broken my brain.

that's all for now...

- Herb

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #125 on: 11 March 2022, 01:04:57 »
Next up is the local security VeeMech, Prowl.  Vehicle mode was alot easier than I expected.

I'm still trying to figure out Rachet / Ironhide with the MASH base. 

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #126 on: 11 March 2022, 03:29:58 »
So, okay... It mushroomed into about 188 identified units across the three seasons, and I even included design types GB and Glitterboy tossed into this discussion....

I ended up making a spreadsheet, and spending a good full three days combing through images on TFWiki and IWM....

that's all for now...

- Herb

Welcome to the club ;D :D :))

Next up is the local security VeeMech, Prowl.  Vehicle mode was alot easier than I expected.

I'm still trying to figure out Rachet / Ironhide with the MASH base. 

Way cool!  :thumbsup:

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #127 on: 11 March 2022, 04:11:06 »
Surprise, a wild Sunstreaker has arrived.  Went with an alternate Griffin chassis for this one.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #128 on: 11 March 2022, 11:44:34 »
In an alternate timeline, Sunstreaker carries a flux capacitor....

(And yeah, I know there's an actual Transformer for that one too.)

- Herb

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #129 on: 11 March 2022, 11:55:25 »
Now that you mention it, it does kind of look like that.  ???

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #130 on: 11 March 2022, 12:52:19 »
In an alternate timeline, Sunstreaker carries a flux capacitor....

(And yeah, I know there's an actual Transformer for that one too.)

- Herb
You mean this?
« Last Edit: 11 March 2022, 13:37:06 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #131 on: 11 March 2022, 15:07:10 »
Yeah, that guy. I'm pretty sure there's also an Ecto-1 Transformer and I know there's a bunch of GI Joe and Star Wars ones. I dunno if they ever made toys for the Star Trek ones, though.

- Herb

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #132 on: 11 March 2022, 15:18:11 »
They apparently did one for Doc Brown's Steam Locomotive but i don't think they made it into a comic character.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #133 on: 11 March 2022, 15:37:50 »
Yeah, that guy. I'm pretty sure there's also an Ecto-1 Transformer and I know there's a bunch of GI Joe and Star Wars ones. I dunno if they ever made toys for the Star Trek ones, though.

- Herb

if they ever do a Fortress Tiberius toy i am so getting one.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #134 on: 11 March 2022, 16:31:10 »
Am I seeing the equivalent of surprised goggle eyes on what I'm assuming is Trypticon there...?

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #135 on: 11 March 2022, 17:38:42 »

that's all for now...

- Herb

You are the wind beneath my wings.  Looking forward to seeing the spreadsheet.

- Herb

Is that the recent ST:TOS/Transformers crossover comic series?  I don't think they made toys for those, but I've realized I now need to come up with stats for Fortress Tiberius.  Because Reasons.

Aaaand you beat me to it on posting the photos.

Am I seeing the equivalent of surprised goggle eyes on what I'm assuming is Trypticon there...?

Yes.  Yes you are.

Also, digging the latest mini conversions.  :thumbsup:
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #136 on: 11 March 2022, 18:26:56 »
You are the wind beneath my wings.  Looking forward to seeing the spreadsheet.

Allowing now for the original (season 1) Beast Wars crews, and a handful of "generics" that are unaffiliated (basically covering real dumb bots that either side can blow up without caring for, such as Sharkticons, turrets, and generic vehicons), I have reached 200 identified AutoMech "units." Of these:

42 are "Aerospace" classifications (including 3-ton aero drones, up to 55-ton AutoMechs)
9 are "Battle Armor" classed (Drones ranging from 1 to 2 tons, that must be built using BA rules)
28 are "Beast" classifications (all AutoMechs that convert from biped to quad, ranging from 15 to 100 tons in mass)
8 are DropShips. (They do not transform. They are not counted among the Aerospace classifications noted above.)
3 are "Emplacement" classifications (ranging from 20 to 60 tons; only one is a named "character" type)
3 are "Hover" classifications (ranging from 15 to 55 tons)
1 is a Large Naval Support Vehicle (this AutoMech does not transform)
1 is "Mech" class (this is an AutoMech drone type that does not transform, and is unaffiliated)
2 are giant mobile structures (these AutoMechs do not transform; each takes up a full mapsheet and are considered "tracked" units)
13 are "Tracked" classes (ranging from 45 to 100 tons)
5 are "VTOL" classes (ranging from 30 to 40 tons)
85 (all the rest, if I miscounted) are "Wheeled" units that range in mass from a 1.5 ton drone to the 85-ton Leader classes.

I'll break down distinct classes later tonight, maybe.

- Herb

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #137 on: 11 March 2022, 22:52:43 »
Okay, now for the chassis round-up....

DropShips--
1 Achilles-class (Enhanced) - Mods result in a vessel that resembles a Tracker-class WarShip [DemoCon Flagship "Avenger"]
2 Leopard-class (Enhanced) - Mods result in vessels that resemble Broadsword-class DropShip [Sky Train-Beta and Skylinker-One]
1 Titan-class (Enhanced) - Mods result in vessel that resembles a Hamilcar-class DropShip [AxiMaL flagship "Axiom"]
1 Triumph-class (Enhanced) - Mods result in vessel that resembles a Claymore-class DropShip [PresiDom flagship "Farside"]
2 Vengeance-class (Unmodified) - [Supreme Ultima and Supreme Guardia]
1 Vengeance-class (Enhanced) - Mods result in vessel that resembles Conquistador-class DropShip [AutoBoP flagship "Arc-One"])
--TOTAL: 6 distinct ship types

AeroMechs--
3 Sybird Drones* - 3-ton models - Typical Look: Micro-Aeshna (Fighter) [NO ALT MODE]
1 DeltaMech - 30-ton model - Typical Look: Panther (Mech) / Thunderbird (Fighter)
1 Scout - 30-ton model - Typical Look: Daimyo (Mech) / Sholagar (Fighter)
1 AutoVee-2 - 35-ton model - Typical Look: Clint IIC (Mech) / Niso WiGE (Fighter)
1 Strafer - 35-ton model - Typical Look: Sun Cobra (Mech) / Sparrowhawk (Fighter)
1 Sweeper-C - 35-ton model - Wasp LAM Mk I Mech (Mech) / Wasp LAM Mk I Fighter (Fighter)
1 Sweeper-D* - 35-ton model - Wasp LAM Mk I AirMech (Mech) / Wasp LAM Mk I Fighter (Fighter)
4 AeroMechs - 40-ton models - Typical Look: Wasp-1 (Mech) / Rapier (Fighter)
1 Glider - 40-ton model - Typical Look: Crossbow-6B (Mech) / Hiryo WiGE (Fighter)
1 Orbiter - 40-ton model - Typical Look: Arbalest (Mech) / Slayer (Fighter)
1 Cycler-C - 45-ton model - Typical Look: No-Dachi (Mech) / Jagatai (Fighter)
1 Cycler-D* - 45-ton model - Typical Look: Jagatai (Fighter) [NO ALT MODE]
1 AeroMech-C - 50-ton model - Typical Look: Clint IIC (Mech) / Phoenix Hawk LAM Mk 1 (Fighter)
14 Seekers - 50-ton models - Typical Look: Phoenix Hawk (Mech) / Mechbuster (Fighter)
4 Swoopers - 50-ton models - Stinger LAM Mk I Mech (Mech) / Stinger LAM Mk I AirMech (Fighter)
6 Seeker IIs - 55-ton models - Typical Look: Crusader (Mech) - Rusalka, Waneta, or Lucifer (Fighter)
--TOTAL: 17 distinct AeroMech chassis types

BeastMechs--
1 Rattus - 15-ton model - Typical Look: Satyr ProtoMech (Mech) / Micro-Barghest, unarmed (Beast)
1 Cynofelis - 20-ton model - Typical Look: Procyon Biped (Mech) / Procyon Quad (Beast)
3 Pantheras - 30-ton models - Typical Look: Wolfhound (Mech) / Antlion (Beast)
2 Bicephaluses - 35-ton models - Typical Look: Kyudo (Mech) / Delphyne ProtoMech +extra head  (Beast)
1 AutoGator - 40-ton model - Typical Look: Komodo (Mech) / Micro-Barghest (Beast)
1 Hopper - 40-ton model  - Typical Look: Spider (Mech) / Revenant (Beast)
1 Silverback - 40-ton model - Typical Look: Chameleon (Mech) / Mandrill (Beast)
2 Crocodillos - 45-ton models - Typical Look: Lineholder (Mech) / Micro-Barghest (Beast)
2 Reclusers - 45-ton models - Typical Look: Venom (Mech) / Tarantula (Beast)
1 AutoShark - 50-ton model - Typical Look: Bowman (Mech) / Xanthos +Ball-Chain "tail" (Beast)
3 Rhinokeros - 60-ton models - Typical Look: Crossbow Prime or Minotaur Proto (Mech) / Blue Flame (Beast)
2 Sectors - 60-ton models - Typical Look: Quickdraw (Mech) / Stalking Spider or Fire Scorpion (Beast)
1 Sector-2 - 65-ton model - Typical Look: Copperhead (Mech) / Fire Scorpion (Beast)
1 Sauria - 70-ton model - Typical Look: Sasquatch (Mech) / Blue Flame (Beast)
1 Gryphid - 85-ton model - Typical Look: Masakari (Mech) / Goliath-5D (Beast)
1 Tyrannis - 90-ton model - Typical Look: Ninja-To (Mech) / Barghest with 2 big guns (Beast)
4 Grimdarks - 100-ton models - Typical Look: Shiro (Mech) / White Flame, Trebaruna, or Balius (Beast)
--TOTAL: 17 distinct BeastMech chassis types.

Mech-Only --
1 AutoGaurd* - 50-ton model - Typical Look: Cudgel (Mech) [NO ALT MODE]
--TOTAL: 1 distinct Mech-Only chassis type.

WheelMechs--
1 Bike Drone* - 1.5-ton model - Typical Look: Minigun Cycle (Infantry) [NO ALT MODE]
3 Bi-Wheelers - 15-ton models - Typical Look: Ebony (Mech) / Cavalry VTOL, inverted, -Rotor, +Wheel (Vehicle)
6 Bugs - 20-ton models - Typical Look: Koshi (Mech) / Skulker (Vehicle)
1 AutoVee-1 - 25-ton model - Typical Look: Clint IIC (Mech) / Zibler Tank +Wheels (Vehicle)
5 Sneakers - 30-ton models - Typical Look: Hermes (Mech) / Centipede +wheels (Vehicle)
3 Tri-Wheelers - 30-ton models - Typical Look: Neanderthal (Mech) / Ishtar or Odin, reversed and without turrets (Vehicle)
10 Beetles - 35-ton models - Typical Look: Commando (Mech) / Rotunda, Swift Wind, or Light SRMC (Vehicle)
4 Dozers - 40-ton models - Typical Look: Apollo (Mech) Turhan, Indra, Coolant Truck, or FLatbed Truck (Vehicle)
3 Ghosts - 40-ton models - Typical Look: Assassin (Mech) / Zephyros (Vehicle)
1 Compactor - 45-ton model - Typical Look: Axman-1N (Mech) / Mobile HQ, shortened (Vehicle)
11 Jacks - 50-ton models - Typical Look: Shadow Hawk (Mech) / Rotunda (Vehicle)
1 Battery - 55-ton model - Typical Look: Enforcer III (Mech) / Turhan Tank (Vehicle)
6 Streakers - 55-ton models - Typical Look: Griffin (Mech) / Rotunda (Vehicle)
3 Sounders - 60-ton models - Typical Look: Primitive Thunderbolt (Mech) / Packrat LRPV (Vehicle)
6 Hounders - 60-ton models - Typical Look: Wolverine (Mech) / Ibex Armed SUV, Striker, or Demon (Vehicle)
6 VeeMechs - 60-ton models - Typical Look: Wolverine or Wolverine II (Mech) / MASH, Striker, or Light SRM (Vehicle)
5 Lifters - 75-ton models - Typical Look: Grasshopper (Mech) / JI-100 or Coolant Truck (Vehicle)
2 Lieutenants - 80-ton models - Typical Look: Titan II (Mech) / Thor Self-Propelled Artillery (Vehicle)
7 Leaders - 85-ton models - Typical Look: Grant Titan or Banshee (Mech) / HQ Vehicle, Coolant Truck, Long Tom, or Indra (Vehicle)
--TOTAL: 19 distinct WheelMech chassis types.

HoverMechs--
1 MiniMug - 15-ton model - Typical Look: Siren ProtoMech (Mech) / Savanna Master (Vehicle)
1 Beetle II  - 35-ton model - Typical Look: Hermes II (Mech) / Saladin (Vehicle)
1 Coaster - 55-ton model - Typical Look: Axman-2N (Mech) / Maxim Hovertank (Vehicle)
--TOTAL: 3 distinct HoverMech chassis types.

TrackMechs--
3 Grinders - 45-ton models - Typical Look: Beowulf (Mech) / Mithra, Zorya, or Hetzer +tracks (Vehicle)
2 Brawlers - 65-ton models - Typical Look: Pulverizer (Mech) / Manticore (Vehicle)
2 Tankers - 70-ton models - Typical Look: Hollander (Mech) / Rommel Howizer or Enyo (Vehicle)
2 Reclaimers - 80-ton models - Typical Look: Hunchback IIC (Mech) / Savior Repair (Vehicle)
4 Tankuses - 100-ton models - Typical Look: Highlander or Shootist (Mech) / Rommel, Demolisher, Morrigu, or Ajax (Vehicle)
--TOTAL: 5 distinct TrackMech chassis types.

VTOLMechs--
1 Harvester - 30-ton model - Typical Look: Wraith Alexander (Mech) / Tonbo Helicopter (Vehicle)
1 Vetrol - 35-ton model - Typical Look: Pwwka Mech (Mech) / Cardinal VTOL (Vehicle)
2 Rotors - 40-ton models - Typical Look: Dola (Mech) / Cavalry VTOL (Vehicle)
1 Rotor-B - 40-ton model - Typical Look: Cuirass (Mech) / Balac Strike VTOL (Vehicle)
--TOTAL: 4 distinct VTOLMech chassis types.

Battle Armor--
1 Quad Drone M* - 1-ton model - Typical Look: Rottweiler BA [NO ALT MODE]
1 Quad Drone H* - 1.5-ton model - Typical Look: Fenrir BA [NO ALT MODE]
2 Grunt Drone T1s* - 2-ton models - Typical Look: Golem BA [NO ALT MODE]
2 Grunt Drone T2s* - 2-ton models - Typical Look: Hauberk BA [NO ALT MODE]
1 Quad Drone A* - 2-ton model - Typical Look: Buraq BA [NO ALT MODE]
1 Thug Drone T1* - 2-ton model - Typical Look: Nephilim BA [NO ALT MODE]
1 Thug Drone T2* - 2-ton model - Typical Look: Shedu BA [NO ALT MODE]
--TOTAL: 7 distinct Battle Armor chassis types.

EmplacementMechs--
1 Triad - 20-ton model - Typical Look: Hankyu (Mech) / Oro Turret (Emplacement)
1 G-Turret - 50-ton model - Typical Look: BlackJack Omni (Mech) / DI Schmitt or Typhoon Turrets (Emplacement)
1 M-Turret - 60-ton model - Typical Look: Bombardier (Mech) / Yeoman -Legs (Emplacement)
--TOTAL: 3 distinct EmplacementMech chassis types.

Other--
2 Giant Mobile Structures - Tonnage??? - Tracked - 17x17 hex Urban-style maps
1 Luftenburg-class aircraft carrier - Tonnage: 100K tons - Surface Naval - Template E
--TOTAL: 2-3 distinct Miscellaneous super-support unit types.

Footnote: *Unit is a drone, and may not operate >50km from its designated command unit (>500km in space).

Units by Faction:

AutoBoP Alliance: 101
-  AutoBoP units - 87
-  DynaBoG units - 5
-  AxiMaL units - 6
AutoBoP-Friendly Non-Combatant: 12
-  JUniCom units - 12
DemoCon Pact: 82
-  DemoCon units - 61
-  IntSecCon units - 3
-  PresiDom units - 18
Unaffiliated units - 8

Units by Intelligence and Organization:
Independent-AI Unit Types: 184
- Coordinated (Combiner) Teams: 8 (41 units)
- Platform (City-Unit) Teams: 2 (8 units)
- Coordinated (X-Changer) Pairs: 7 (14 units)
Drone Unit Types: 16
- Deployer (Cassette) Units: 13
- Trooper (Clone) Units: 2
Conversion-Capable Units: 172
Non-Convertible Units: 28

Faction Key:
AutoBoP - Autonomous Barony of Primus = Autobot
DynaBoG - Dynamic Barony of Grim = Dinobot
AxiMaL - Axilum Management and Logistics = Maxmial
JUniCom - Joint Unified Communities = Junkion
DemoCon - Democratic Conglomerates = Decepticon
IntSecCon - Inter-Sect Confederacy = Insecticon
PresiDom - Presidential Domains = Predacons

Notes:
The Predacon and Terrorcon "combiner" teams were reassigned to the Predacon-equivalent faction here for the same reason the Dinobots and Insecticons were separated from the Autobots and Deceptions respectively. Namely, the fact that their design types suggested fundamental differences in engineering, aesthetics, and technical capability. This has resulted in, of course, a swelling of the "Beast Wars" Predacons' ranks compared to the Maximal equivalents.

Unit chassis designs folded into this list include not only published types from Welcome to the Nebula California (devised by myself), but also unit types developed in or referenced by this thread by other users, most notably Giovanni Blasini and Glitterboy2098. A vast majority of the types listed here have yet to receive baseline stats. [And, once more, it should be noted that any such stats SHOULD be considered baseline only; the semi-intelligence of the AutoMechs of Syberia, couple with centuries of repairs, bypasses,  and randomizations, has changed many named units in more than just their cosmetics and colors, after all.]

Thanks!

- Herb

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #138 on: 11 March 2022, 23:40:08 »
You mean this?

- Herb

:o :o :o :o  Wow! Way cool! I feel like Santa when he met the M&Ms.
"They do exist!
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ectotron
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Gigawatt
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Star_Trek_vs._Transformers

I think we're going to need more tech though.
Star Wars (Forgot about these) A reason to use Star Empire equipment!  >:D
Back to the Future - Gonna need that Flux Capacitor.   ;D We can use Boondoggles to workout the hover conversions.
G.I. Joe -  A reason to use Tank Cannons.  >:D
Ghostbusters - Infantry and Vehicle Scale Proton Packs and Slime Blowers for fighting Ghost Infantry, Ghost Mechs and bad moods.  :)) 
Star Trek -  Phasers, Disruptors, Photon Torpedos, Shields, Cloaking devices (already covered but allowed for Converting Mechs), Warp Drives (It'd probably be easier to treat Fortress Tiberius as just a weird large aerospace fighter, with the warp nacelles as thrusters. But I'd love to see what BT Warp Drives look like.)  >:D

That does make me wonder if other "large" AutoMechs could actually be miniature in scale as a disguise. They look like they're miles away but are really much closer. It kind of makes sense considering the size of their Mech Forms when compared with other AutoMechs.

Way cool! Thanks!  :thumbsup: :beer: :clap:

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #139 on: 12 March 2022, 02:22:59 »
Cannonshop literally just finished (mostly) a Star Trek into Ngo-Verse crossover story. and those of us in the thread have been working up some rough and ready stats for trek tech.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #140 on: 12 March 2022, 04:19:43 »

DropShips--
1 Achilles-class (Enhanced) - Mods result in a vessel that resembles a Tracker-class WarShip [DemoCon Flagship "Avenger"]
2 Leopard-class (Enhanced) - Mods result in vessels that resemble Broadsword-class DropShip [Sky Train-Beta and Skylinker-One]
1 Titan-class (Enhanced) - Mods result in vessel that resembles a Hamilcar-class DropShip [AxiMaL flagship "Axiom"]
1 Triumph-class (Enhanced) - Mods result in vessel that resembles a Claymore-class DropShip [PresiDom flagship "Farside"]
2 Vengeance-class (Unmodified) - [Supreme Ultima and Supreme Guardia]
1 Vengeance-class (Enhanced) - Mods result in vessel that resembles Conquistador-class DropShip [AutoBoP flagship "Arc-One"])
--TOTAL: 6 distinct ship types

Question: do you see DropShip types using the rules for the SDS system, in terms of extra mass for their automation, or just using the baseline construction rules, with the normal control components and crew quarters mass accounting for their automation?

Other--
2 Giant Mobile Structures - Tonnage??? - Tracked - 17x17 hex Urban-style maps
1 Luftenburg-class aircraft carrier - Tonnage: 100K tons - Surface Naval - Template E
--TOTAL: 2-3 distinct Miscellaneous super-support unit types.

Ditto these - how do you see the automation mass working on these?

Footnote: *Unit is a drone, and may not operate >50km from its designated command unit (>500km in space).

Units by Faction:

AutoBoP Alliance: 101
-  AutoBoP units - 87
-  DynaBoG units - 5
-  AxiMaL units - 6
AutoBoP-Friendly Non-Combatant: 12
-  JUniCom units - 12
DemoCon Pact: 82
-  DemoCon units - 61
-  IntSecCon units - 3
-  PresiDom units - 18
Unaffiliated units - 8

Are these individual 'Mech counts?  Wow, the factions are smaller than I was expecting, though it makes sense, given the source material, I suppose.

Unit chassis designs folded into this list include not only published types from Welcome to the Nebula California (devised by myself), but also unit types developed in or referenced by this thread by other users, most notably Giovanni Blasini and Glitterboy2098. A vast majority of the types listed here have yet to receive baseline stats. [And, once more, it should be noted that any such stats SHOULD be considered baseline only; the semi-intelligence of the AutoMechs of Syberia, couple with centuries of repairs, bypasses,  and randomizations, has changed many named units in more than just their cosmetics and colors, after all.]

Thanks!

- Herb

No, thank you!  That's incredibly helpful, and leaves us plenty of room in this thread to work out stats for these!

Now I just gotta work out how big Fortress Tiberius would be.  I'm figuring a wee bit smaller than the 190,000 ton mass listed in the old Franz Joseph sourcebook.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #141 on: 12 March 2022, 14:59:54 »
Cannonshop literally just finished (mostly) a Star Trek into Ngo-Verse crossover story. and those of us in the thread have been working up some rough and ready stats for trek tech.

Sounds cool! Is there a link?

Are these individual 'Mech counts?  Wow, the factions are smaller than I was expecting, though it makes sense, given the source material, I suppose.

TFU has other factions listed besides Autobot and Decepticon.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Category:Generation_1_factions
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Malignus_(G1)
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Optimus_(faction)
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Go-Bot_(G2)
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/GoBots

I'm sure there's more. You could also borrow from others if you wanted.
https://web.archive.org/web/20171014032626/http://counter-x.net/convertors/index.html

Also Herb didn't list any FloatMechs or SubMechs so there could be more factions out there. That means that the numbers could easily be multiplied. Many factions just "share" similar designs. Others have designs that are unique or do not have designs that others do. This can be for various reasons. They can also be varied to represent different tech levels/resources. 

Now I just gotta work out how big Fortress Tiberius would be.  I'm figuring a wee bit smaller than the 190,000 ton mass listed in the old Franz Joseph sourcebook.

Lol!

Herb,
I was wondering about TFs like Unicron. Would they work as EmplacementMechs? Just call it a Satellite or Space Station and use the FrankenMech jump jet rules so multiple JJs equal 1 thrust point?

idea weenie

• Major

RifleMech

• Major

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #144 on: 12 March 2022, 17:04:28 »
Question: do you see DropShip types using the rules for the SDS system, in terms of extra mass for their automation, or just using the baseline construction rules, with the normal control components and crew quarters mass accounting for their automation?
-
Ditto these - how do you see the automation mass working on these?

So, I go and look through the rules I wrote for Welcome to the Nebula California and find I didn't actually write any for non-Mech AutoMechs. Nor did I mention anything in the fluff. I feel kinda bad about that. But then again, it was my hope to keep Syberia on the scale of a typical pick-up Mech-driven BattleTech game. I do, however, pride myself on trying to make even my fun rules integrate with the universe well enough for folks to consider them canon-compatible.

Buuuuuut, the AutoMechs of Syberia violate the Smart Robotics rules already, I see, in that they use standard cockpits for their AIs, adding no additional mass to get "smarter." Per the rules found in Interstellar Operations, which were supported at least partially in the past by some precedents found in FASA-era specs, robotic units over 10 tons in mass require added robotic controls that can go as high as 13% of their total unit weight for self-operation and skill-grade improvements. Since the Syberian AutoMechs were already paying for transformation (mostly), I must've cut that back. Moreover, I allowed the Syberians to learn and improve, which I'm not sure the canonical robotics rules even allow. And I did all those deviations while claiming this grew out of some pre-Caspar tech....

So, let's try and make sense of how it works on Syberia, and note that these robotics construction rules will likely apply ONLY to the AutoMechs of Syberia for now.

Firstly, let's limit what can be an AutoMech: In this case, I can allow for combat/support vehicles of all motive types, battle armor, BattleMechs, IndustrialMechs, conventional and aerospace fighters, small craft, DropShips, Space Stations, mobile structures, and fixed emplacements. Disallowed unit types are ProtoMechs and any spacecraft with FTL capabilities of any kind. ProtoMech technologies were never even considered at the time the human Syberians died out, and whatever breakthroughs they made with their AI tech, they could not surmount the incompatibility between high-level AI and hyperspace. (They also lost all their JumpShips and any means to repair them or build more.)

All units built as AutoMechs use the weight of a STANDARD cockpit and/or control system for their given 'Mech or vehicle type. This means no alternate Cockpits/Control types such as Small Cockpits, and the like. The following Modifications apply for specific units:

* For battle armor units, the use of a lighter "Inner Sphere" chassis weight for the suit denotes a dependent drone type, which can operate independently only as long as it is within 50km of its command unit; a heavier "Clan" chassis weight denotes a battle armor AutoMech that can operate fully independent of its command unit. (For the sake of argument, all of the "cassette" AutoMechs should be built as Inner Sphere battle armor types.) Drones that exceed their operational range must immediately return to their command unit or shut-down.

* Other AutoMech units designated as drones may reduce their control systems by 25%, rounding the result up to the nearest kilogram for units under 5 tons, or to the nearest half ton for units weighing 5 tons or more. Drone units capable of expending Thrust (e.g. airships, aircraft, aerospace fighters, fixed-wing support vehicles, small craft, and DropShips) can operate as far as 500 km from their designated command units. All other drone unit types are restricted to  50 km range. As with battle armor drones, drones that exceed their operational range must immediately return to their command unit or shut-down.

* For AutoMech unit types that must include crew tonnage in their design--or, more specifically, crew quarters--use the steerage weight quarters [5 tons per crew] for the unit's minimum crew needs, and add this value to the unit's standard control system weight. Do not count bay personnel in this figure. In fact, there are no "bay personnel" on board AutoMech units of any type, and any recommendations or rules to the effect of making space for same may be ignored. Note that none of these quarters resemble rooms, but are instead internalized mechanisms, secondary data storage and processing, and other necessary operational support needs the unit requires for its operation. (As most combat and support units under 200 tons tend to incorporate operator seating and controls automatically in their control systems, this rule largely applies to small craft, DropShips, Space Stations, Mobile Structures, Emplacements, and Large-sized Support Vehicles.)

* For AutoMech units that require tonnage for life support, ignore such systems; much like BattleMech and Aerospace cockpits, life support is integral to the control systems.

* Whatever other differences AutoMech AI systems have that justify their lighter weight and broader application is left up to debate, but suffice to say that they can't stop themselves from fighting endless wars because the people who knew their master shutdown commands have all perished a good long time ago, and they're only learning because they've been left on in "crisis mode" for centuries by now. They also seem to have different reactions to ECM, so there's that, too.

*The limits on transformation remains as written in WttNC: Only AutoMech 'Mechs can have the transformation ability, with weight and chassis limits as established by their alternate mode type. Anything outside the range of BattleMech/IndustrialMech design (i.e. under 10 tons and over 200) can't transform at all, but CAN have an AutoMech brain, which is more than enough to be dangerous.

The vast majority are based on individual characters from the first 3 seasons of the Generation 1 Transformers cartoon and the first season of Beast Wars. Beyond them were many characters introduced in the comics and subsequent seasons of both shows that I simply have not bothered with, nor have I delved too deeply into some outliers (Nightbird, Alpha Trion, and "Beta," for instance). But I did include a few characters who are known to have clones. (All Insecticons could clone themselves, the number of Cyclonus and Scourge clones were never determined, nor have the number of Reflector-type soldiers that used to be everywhere, and there were way more "background" Seekers than the ones they eventually named. The generic AutoVees I listed also represent clone-worthy cannon fodder as they reflect the basic "Vehicon" templates that tend to fill out Autobot and Decepticon ranks sometimes, I added two emplacement types just for the hell of it, and the Supreme Guardia reflect what used to be the Quintessons' ultimate enforcers--the Omega Guardians, of which Omega Supreme is said to be the last one left.) So, yeah, it looks like a small amount, but only if you ignore the fact that there are usually TONS of extras behind the main and secondary cast....

No, thank you!  That's incredibly helpful, and leaves us plenty of room in this thread to work out stats for these!

Which is partly why I'm presenting it. Like I said elsewhere, there's enough here now to fill a full-sized TRO.

I'm steering clear of that.

TFU has other factions listed besides Autobot and Decepticon.
<snip>
Also Herb didn't list any FloatMechs or SubMechs so there could be more factions out there. That means that the numbers could easily be multiplied. Many factions just "share" similar designs. Others have designs that are unique or do not have designs that others do. This can be for various reasons. They can also be varied to represent different tech levels/resources. 

The only naval AutoMech I found in the aforementioned 4 seasons of TF cartoons I worked out here was actually a hovercraft, Seaspray. Although it would have been easy to make him naval, I figured hover gave him more chances to join the battle with his buddies. And as to factions, much like the bots themselves, I limited myself to the ones we saw in those 4 seasons of cartoons.

I was wondering about TFs like Unicron. Would they work as EmplacementMechs? Just call it a Satellite or Space Station and use the FrankenMech jump jet rules so multiple JJs equal 1 thrust point?

Unicron is an abomination, and one of the outliers I specifically excluded in the "4 seasons of toons." IF you were to make him, the closest I could come under the rules I sketched out above would be a gargantuan space station, and he would not be able to transform, as per my rules above.

Cool! (As I've done my own look into BattleTrek, I'm going to withhold any further remarks on the subject. No need to have too many chefs in the same kitchen.)

Star Wars (Forgot about these) A reason to use Star Empire equipment!  >:D
Back to the Future - Gonna need that Flux Capacitor.   ;D We can use Boondoggles to workout the hover conversions.
G.I. Joe -  A reason to use Tank Cannons.  >:D
Ghostbusters - Infantry and Vehicle Scale Proton Packs and Slime Blowers for fighting Ghost Infantry, Ghost Mechs and bad moods.  :)) 
Star Trek -  Phasers, Disruptors, Photon Torpedos, Shields, Cloaking devices (already covered but allowed for Converting Mechs), Warp Drives (It'd probably be easier to treat Fortress Tiberius as just a weird large aerospace fighter, with the warp nacelles as thrusters. But I'd love to see what BT Warp Drives look like.)  >:D

I shall stay FAR away from most of those, too....

That does make me wonder if other "large" AutoMechs could actually be miniature in scale as a disguise. They look like they're miles away but are really much closer. It kind of makes sense considering the size of their Mech Forms when compared with other AutoMechs.

I made a very deliberate choice to avoid "size changers" when it comes to AutoMechs, which is half the reason the AutoMech version of Megatron and Shockwave are not handguns, and the AutoMech versions of Soundwave and Blaster are vehicles rather than boom boxes. (The other half being that they need more damned agency of their own, damn it!) The reason i used any in my list here was to access a broader range of looks than standard 'Mechs alone, and to account for some degree of comparative mass between related Mech and alt modes. Glitterboy's AxiMaLs also spelled out they were made small, and their chassis types run on the lighter side, so using ProtoMech and micro-Mech figures for them helped cover that aesthetic, I hope.

But since pics on the IWM site don't always come with a clear sense of scale, I wouldn't know what any of this will look like until someone actually tries to make some of these happen. Luciora?

- Herb

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #145 on: 12 March 2022, 20:36:07 »
I'm primarily sticking to the G1 Autobots, as a personal interest.  However, the vehicles aren't in scale to the mechs obviously.  Sometimes they kind of match up,  with enough work.  The Seekers, as Pixies and Mechbusters roughly match up they way I build them up.  Megatron and the Ajax work ok, while Grimlock and his White Flame aren't too bad scale-wise either.

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #146 on: 12 March 2022, 22:32:52 »
(snip)
So, let's try and make sense of how it works on Syberia, and note that these robotics construction rules will likely apply ONLY to the AutoMechs of Syberia for now.

(snip)

Looks great to me.  :thumbsup:

Which is partly why I'm presenting it. Like I said elsewhere, there's enough here now to fill a full-sized TRO.

Yes, please!  :))

The only naval AutoMech I found in the aforementioned 4 seasons of TF cartoons I worked out here was actually a hovercraft, Seaspray. Although it would have been easy to make him naval, I figured hover gave him more chances to join the battle with his buddies. And as to factions, much like the bots themselves, I limited myself to the ones we saw in those 4 seasons of cartoons.

I would have put Seaspray as a hovercraft too. Would his girlfriend Alana count?https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Alana
There's also Broadside. https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Broadside_(G1) Scale his carrier form down to 100 tons and he could launch drone seekers.

Unicron is an abomination, and one of the outliers I specifically excluded in the "4 seasons of toons." If you were to make him, the closest I could come under the rules I sketched out above would be a gargantuan space station, and he would not be able to transform, as per my rules above.

:) That's cool.

Cool! (As I've done my own look into BattleTrek, I'm going to withhold any further remarks on the subject. No need to have too many chefs in the same kitchen.)

:'(

I shall stay FAR away from most of those, too....

:))

I made a very deliberate choice to avoid "size changers" when it comes to AutoMechs, which is half the reason the AutoMech version of Megatron and Shockwave are not handguns, and the AutoMech versions of Soundwave and Blaster are vehicles rather than boom boxes. (The other half being that they need more damned agency of their own, damn it!) The reason i used any in my list here was to access a broader range of looks than standard 'Mechs alone, and to account for some degree of comparative mass between related Mech and alt modes. Glitterboy's AxiMaLs also spelled out they were made small, and their chassis types run on the lighter side, so using ProtoMech and micro-Mech figures for them helped cover that aesthetic, I hope.

That's cool. I'd avoid them too. I do like the TFs though, so  in my head the human Syberians realized that since they couldn't build bigger converting Drones, they'd scale them down. Then they could have the look if not the size. 

But since pics on the IWM site don't always come with a clear sense of scale, I wouldn't know what any of this will look like until someone actually tries to make some of these happen. Luciora?

- Herb

It won't be me. My wallet would beat me if I even though about buying minis right now. It's cranky with me enough already. :'(  So, yes, Luciora, more please! Your AutoMechs are amazing!

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #147 on: 12 March 2022, 22:54:56 »
Looks great to me.  :thumbsup:

Thanks.

I would have put Seaspray as a hovercraft too. Would his girlfriend Alana count?https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Alana
There's also Broadside. https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Broadside_(G1) Scale his carrier form down to 100 tons and he could launch drone seekers.

Alana was an outlier and I didn't deal with her. In fact, she didn't even appear on the cast lists of the seasons I touched on. Moreover, she doesn't even have a toy to work with, so... yeah, no.

As to Broadside, who did you think the AutoMech Luftenburg on my list was? ;)

That's cool. I'd avoid them too. I do like the TFs though, so  in my head the human Syberians realized that since they couldn't build bigger converting Drones, they'd scale them down. Then they could have the look if not the size. 

I'm primarily sticking to the G1 Autobots, as a personal interest.  However, the vehicles aren't in scale to the mechs obviously.  Sometimes they kind of match up,  with enough work.  The Seekers, as Pixies and Mechbusters roughly match up they way I build them up.  Megatron and the Ajax work ok, while Grimlock and his White Flame aren't too bad scale-wise either.

So, you're sticking with the bad guys? Darn.

- Herb

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #148 on: 12 March 2022, 23:00:45 »
Well, I do need to procure a Patton for Shockwave.  I'm starting work on Rachet next.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out just how accurate the MP was to the animated version.  I couldn't find the tires at first, then I found out the fold into the arms and were on his back.

I'm also kind of tempted to paint his MASH mode in a way where he's like Optimus with a separate trailer, in a way to reference his G1 toy.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #149 on: 12 March 2022, 23:17:47 »
Well, I do need to procure a Patton for Shockwave.  I'm starting work on Rachet next.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out just how accurate the MP was to the animated version.  I couldn't find the tires at first, then I found out the fold into the arms and were on his back.

I'm also kind of tempted to paint his MASH mode in a way where he's like Optimus with a separate trailer, in a way to reference his G1 toy.

You know, I never had an original G1 of Ratchet or Ironhide (or Prime, really; closest I got in original series toys was an Ultra Magnus), but I honestly didn't like the way Ironhide and Ratchet seemed to look as toys, which didn't match their cartoon versions. They had too much of a Go-Bots vibe to me, and I always felt the Go-Bots designers were just phoning in their work. Heck, looking at the toys, it wasn't until about 2008 that we got a Ratchet who looked the way I preferred. Still, hey, if you want to nod to that, uh, gun-thing he and Ironhide had, go for it!

Ultimately, all I can do is make suggestions here. You're the one creative enough to actually make something of them, which I find totally more awesome.

- Herb