Author Topic: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)  (Read 99659 times)

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)
« Reply #1020 on: 03 October 2022, 12:44:07 »
Sorry I'm replying later. There were issues.  >:( Anyway, FedComGirl, says thank you and that she'd be okay with whatever you decide. She did suggeste primitive prototype lasers because he's old. She also suggested rearranging the Dog Fighter to more balance his attacks.

Recommended changes integrated. Sacker (Ransack) has been highlighted as having small lasers that have degraded to Primitive Prototype quality, giving them a +50% heat value. That they haven't been fixed all this time suggests that the problem is somehow with Sacker itself; other Dogfighter Biplaners don't have this issue.
[/quote]

Tsk. Tsk.

HERB...  :beatdown:

What!?

- Herb

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1021 on: 03 October 2022, 13:15:31 »
* whispers " Follow the internet crumb ".

;)

TT

Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1022 on: 03 October 2022, 13:24:05 »
* whispers " Follow the internet crumb ".

I did. Are you asking me to stat it, or add it? A united combiner, of course, would be a superheavy of the Deconstructor variety. Individual members, though...they look like PresiDom stock bestial-types to me...

(Gotta be honest here: I'm about out of steam now. The final section has three placeholders for art and I just can't seem to find the gumption to get any of them done. Two, I think, should be transformation sequences almost reminiscent of the instructions you might find in a toy's package--or a semi-official "blueprint" version thereof. The third should be a general scene of one or more AutoMechs on a rampage. I'm just really tired of late, though.

But otherwise, this project is looking like a done deal!)

- Herb

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1023 on: 03 October 2022, 15:42:09 »
Recommended changes integrated. Sacker (Ransack) has been highlighted as having small lasers that have degraded to Primitive Prototype quality, giving them a +50% heat value. That they haven't been fixed all this time suggests that the problem is somehow with Sacker itself; other Dogfighter Biplaners don't have this issue.

What!?

- Herb

That's cool! :) I'll let her know. She'll be thrilled.

I did. Are you asking me to stat it, or add it? A united combiner, of course, would be a superheavy of the Deconstructor variety. Individual members, though...they look like PresiDom stock bestial-types to me...

(Gotta be honest here: I'm about out of steam now. The final section has three placeholders for art and I just can't seem to find the gumption to get any of them done. Two, I think, should be transformation sequences almost reminiscent of the instructions you might find in a toy's package--or a semi-official "blueprint" version thereof. The third should be a general scene of one or more AutoMechs on a rampage. I'm just really tired of late, though.

But otherwise, this project is looking like a done deal!)

- Herb

And you have done a most amazing job on it. Thank you.  :thumbsup: :clap: :beer:

I'm still going to make more of my own though.  :thumbsup: 

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #1024 on: 03 October 2022, 18:09:20 »
I do believe that was the whole point of the exercise...  8)

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1025 on: 03 October 2022, 20:25:02 »
I do believe that was the whole point of the exercise...  8)

:thumbsup:

Herb
Can I suggest a change to this paragraph under Syberian Technology Base by adding the bold sentence at the end?
The technology base used by the Syberian AutoMechs is
roughly equal to that of the Inner Sphere in 3060. Any technology
with an introduction date of 3060 or sooner is thus available for
AutoMech use, unless it is specifically restricted by the rules below. Unless specifically stated, any item with an introduction date of 3061 or later is not allowed.

And then maybe giving a list of which post 3060 items are allowed? I say that because the Light PPC was introduced in 3067 and it's on a couple AutoMechs. So I'm not quite sure how much the Syberians expanded their weapons classes. I'm sure the post 3060 Autocannons are out along with post 3060 Lasers. I'm not sure about post 3060 PPCs, Gauss Rifles, Machine Guns, or Flamers.  Thanks :)

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1026 on: 03 October 2022, 20:48:56 »
Can I suggest a change to this paragraph under Syberian Technology Base by adding the bold sentence at the end?
And then maybe giving a list of which post 3060 items are allowed? I say that because the Light PPC was introduced in 3067 and it's on a couple AutoMechs. So I'm not quite sure how much the Syberians expanded their weapons classes. I'm sure the post 3060 Autocannons are out along with post 3060 Lasers. I'm not sure about post 3060 PPCs, Gauss Rifles, Machine Guns, or Flamers.  Thanks :)

What the--? Why was I so sure the Light PPC was around early enough? Did something get changed someplace?

- Herb

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #1027 on: 03 October 2022, 21:26:17 »
light PPC has an introdate of 3067

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1028 on: 03 October 2022, 23:07:50 »
What the--? Why was I so sure the Light PPC was around early enough? Did something get changed someplace?

- Herb

I don't know and I don't know.  ???  That's the date given in TM and in IO. IO does have it prototyped earlier in 3064.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1029 on: 04 October 2022, 13:25:18 »

:bang: :flame: :ticked:

Gonna have to rip up a rewrite a bunch of crap now...

- Herb

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1030 on: 04 October 2022, 15:22:59 »
:bang: :flame: :ticked:

Gonna have to rip up a rewrite a bunch of crap now...

- Herb

:(  Maybe not. The Syberians advanced further faster than the IS in many areas but they don't have everything the IS has. Maybe these are examples of that?  They developed a Light PPC but not a Heavy and so on.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1031 on: 04 October 2022, 15:52:13 »
I could see them having the Light PPC and Heavy PPC without any problem. The have ERs and Pulse Lasers, and from the sounds of it didn't bomb themselves back to the stone age.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1032 on: 04 October 2022, 16:10:37 »
I could see them having the Light PPC and Heavy PPC without any problem. The have ERs and Pulse Lasers, and from the sounds of it didn't bomb themselves back to the stone age.

So can I but there are limits as to how far the class expanded. No X Pulse Lasers for example. Otherwise the tech restrictions would No Clan Weapons except for Physical. So if some post 3060 items are okay, which ones are they?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1033 on: 04 October 2022, 17:37:34 »
Let the Syberians have the light PPC, I'm sure Jack would have stumbled across it at some point.

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1034 on: 04 October 2022, 19:05:23 »
I don't mind if they have it.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1035 on: 04 October 2022, 19:26:56 »
Yes, but consistency is important for easy to understand rules.  Herb absolutely believes in those, or he never would have been a line developer.

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1036 on: 04 October 2022, 21:22:22 »
I agree. That's why I brought it up. If 3060 is the cut off date for everything but physical weapons that's okay. If there's exceptions, let them be listed so they can be followed.  :)   So far it just seems to be the Light PPC. Maybe the Syberians didn't have time to get other PPC types to the prototype stage or maybe we just haven't seen them yet. Or Maybe the Syberians just weren't keen on PPCs?

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #1037 on: 05 October 2022, 05:55:32 »
Had a fun thought that since the Syberians are entirely mechanical, imagine a PPC that uses heavy metal ions being fired instead of something lighter.

Similar to the Mech Flamer or Plasma Rifle, but instead of using superheated gas or plastic as ammo, it uses a tank of liquid mercury.

Nothing like a heavy metal toxin being sprayed across the battlefield to make the situation even worse.   ;D

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1038 on: 05 October 2022, 10:15:32 »
Well, the A2 Thunder and Incubus II mini are enroute.  I should work on the ones in the queue now.  :)

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1039 on: 05 October 2022, 10:33:32 »
So...

As I have now come down with the Covid, I figured I'd better wrap up the construction rules...again.

Review and lemme know.

- Herb

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1040 on: 05 October 2022, 15:23:02 »
Had a fun thought that since the Syberians are entirely mechanical, imagine a PPC that uses heavy metal ions being fired instead of something lighter.

Similar to the Mech Flamer or Plasma Rifle, but instead of using superheated gas or plastic as ammo, it uses a tank of liquid mercury.

Nothing like a heavy metal toxin being sprayed across the battlefield to make the situation even worse.   ;D

That sounds like it'd be a bad thing.

Well, the A2 Thunder and Incubus II mini are enroute.  I should work on the ones in the queue now.  :)

I'm looking forward to seeing them.  :thumbsup:

So...

As I have now come down with the Covid, I figured I'd better wrap up the construction rules...again.

Review and lemme know.

- Herb

That sucks!  :( I hope you get better soon.

Quick review and looks good so far.  :thumbsup: I love the new quirks and the list of items helps a lot. Thanks.  :thumbsup:

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1041 on: 05 October 2022, 16:05:57 »
Thank you for writing this Herb.

All this makes me to want to find small transformer and make them Battletech scale.
Got to try to warm up the 3d printer.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1042 on: 05 October 2022, 17:00:26 »
Thank you for writing this Herb.

All this makes me to want to find small transformer and make them Battletech scale.
Got to try to warm up the 3d printer.

I wish I had a 3d printer and the know how to use it. :(  I hope they come out good. :)

So...

Review and lemme know.

- Herb

A deeper look shows we lost a lot of things. I still like the list and think it will help a lot but I'll miss the things we lost.  :( 

Thank you again for this, Herb.  :beer: Get well soon!

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1043 on: 05 October 2022, 17:54:08 »
Adding in equipment tables without taking whole sections and chopping them out, while also basically softening all the pre-3060 stuff rules was a pain, and in my current state, I'm not 100% certain I didn't create a bunch of weird loopholes and contradictions.

But, hey, when you ask for a SPECIFIC listing, it should close all the loopholes just the same.

- Herb

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1044 on: 05 October 2022, 19:05:08 »
Adding in equipment tables without taking whole sections and chopping them out, while also basically softening all the pre-3060 stuff rules was a pain, and in my current state, I'm not 100% certain I didn't create a bunch of weird loopholes and contradictions.

But, hey, when you ask for a SPECIFIC listing, it should close all the loopholes just the same.

- Herb

Oh I believe its a pain and I do appreciate the list and the work it took to make it. I think I asked about a list of post 3060 items though. After all it wasn't the pre-3060s stuff that was the issue. It was the stuff that came after. I'm sorry for any misunderstand.  :-[ I blame WoB.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1045 on: 05 October 2022, 19:29:32 »
Get well soon, good sir!  :thumbsup:

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1046 on: 05 October 2022, 21:52:57 »
I do hope you feel better, you went WAY beyond anyone would think this would be going.

Whatever you feel up doing is more than anyone could hope for, Herb.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1047 on: 06 October 2022, 00:48:58 »
Ok, finished Waspinator, kept it more modern looking and left the vee mode mostly alone.  Hoping the paint scheme carries the intent mostly.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1048 on: 06 October 2022, 03:39:42 »
Looking good!  :thumbsup:

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1049 on: 06 October 2022, 03:58:30 »
Still alive so far...

Since we're hitting just about the end of my part of this project, I thought I'd send the final revisions of the other parts as well. NOW with full-color art!

Attached is the latest version of Herb Beas's Technical Readout: Syberia (Part 1: Opening Fiction), as of 6 October 2022.

- Herb