Author Topic: Project LEGION: Shadows of the Dead  (Read 8360 times)

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
Project LEGION: Shadows of the Dead
« on: 24 June 2019, 13:06:13 »
Shadows of the Dead

Forgotten Treasures Book 2

Prologue

Highlands Park Resort
Northwind, Draconis March
Federated Commonwealth
21 November 3062

The pair of Highlanders Guards patrolled the perimeter of the resort walked past a clump of bushes.  Sweeping it with their night vision systems they moved on.  “2-6 clear.”  One reported.
   As they Guards moved on shadowy figures moved from the woods and into the cleared ground between the tree line and the first of the out buildings.  Eight in all moved forward from the wooded area and took cover along the side of an out building.  Preparing for their next bound.
   Several clicks and pops were heard through the team’s communications gear.  The Commando in the middle reached out and squeezed the shoulder of the man in front of him.  With that he sent the single forward to the point man and with the wave of his arm they all stood and moved into the villa on the outskirts of the grand resort grounds.  Spreading out into two’s the Commandos began entering and clearing the small bungalows as they made their way to the main residence.  The muffled report of suppressed Sub-Machine Guns was almost inaudible. 
   A Guard in the dark blue dress uniform common for their targets walked from a latrine and spotted the Commando’s killing a staff member with a knife.  Drawing his sidearm he was killed by a suppressed pistol pressed to the right side of his head as another pair of Commando’s moved forward. 

Sophia Ryan sat with her youngest son Eric sat in the kitchen of the villa the Hegemony delegation occupied here on Northwind at the invitation of both the Archon-Prince of the Federated Commonwealth and the Council of Elders of Northwind.  Sophia and Eric were enjoying a late night desert of cake and ice cream following the boys fifth birthday celebration earlier in the day.  A Tradition the two had begun two years earlier. 
   In the kitchen Sophia and Eric were serving up plates of the delicious desert to not only themselves, but two a pair of Royal Guards and the Ryan’s personal chef whom was fully briefed on the tradition and had laid everything out for the Ryan’s.  As Eric smiled at Ronda the family chef thanking her for making the wonderful cake the door burst open. 
   A Masked Commando leveled his SMG at the young boy and fired a burst into the lad.  Lifting him off of his stool and sending the boy across the room to impact the refrigerator and crumble to the ground like a lifeless rag doll.  Sophia screeched at the sight of her son flying backwards and turned towards the attackers just in time to take a burst to the side of her head. 
   The Royal Guards drew their side arms the instant the door was kicked open.  While Ronda dove for little Eric to check on him.  Before she made it to the boy she fell lifeless at his feet.
   “Breach, breach, breach in the kitch….”  The first guard shouted into his COM unit as he took a hit to the torso and went down hard. 
The second hit his panic button and began firing on the Commando’s.  The lead Commando took three hits to his chest and staggered backwards a pace or two before regaining his balance.  The Second Guardsmen noticed the armor after his first shots and shifted to the head.  Firing a round the lead Commando went down blood oozing out from under his mask.  The Second Commando was already firing as he entered the room but the Guardsmen was already moving to cover.  He returned fire again hitting armor. 
         The Commando side stepped away from the door way looking for cover and tracking the Guardsmen as he dropped behind the center island in the industrial kitchen.  Changing magazines in his pistol to ensure he was fully loaded he pulled a flash disk from his belt and sent it sliding down the isle towards the Commando.  After three seconds the disk exploded into a blinding mess of Phosphorous induced light and aluminum particles hampering the Commando’s Thermal vision systems and blinding his natural vision with the light.  Standing from behind the island the Guard fired a controlled pair into the Commando’s head killing him. 
From the doorway another pair of Commando’s fired through the doorway killing the Guardsmen before he could take cover.  The new pair advanced through the doorway and into the main residence passing the bodies of the Duchess and her son laying lifeless on the ground. 

The door to the main suite burst open and in stepped a woman barefooted, wearing combat pants, a tank top, plate carrier and holding a Gauss SMG.  The man in the bed jumped up to confront the intrusion.
   “What in the hell is going on?”  He shouted as he threw his legs off of the bed.
   “Unknown breach of the villa Sire, a firefight broke out in the kitchen IRF team has them pinned down at the end of the hallway.  The children are on their way to your room now.”  The Woman stated before taking a round to the back plate of her armor.  Spinning around she fell to the ground.
   The hallway outside exploded into a hail of weapons fire.  The shrill scream of children and the shouts of there protectors ordering them into the main suite.
   “Not ****** today.”  The Man whispered as he stepped from the bed.  Looking around he saw Sophia was gone.  Frozen for a moment he saw his two younger daughters rush into the room in tears.  He opened the nightstand drawer and removed his Laser Pistol.  Pointing to the bathroom.  “Girls, into the bathroom.  I’m going to find Mom and Eric.”  He ordered in his stern command voice. 
   In the Hallway he saw the two-way firefight between his personal guards and the intruders.  Numerous bodies lay on the floor from both sides.  “NOT ****** TODAY!”  Duke Michael Ryan thundered as he fired his laser hitting a Commando in the chest burning through his light armor and coring through to his spine.
   As the Commando collapsed to the floor Ryan’s guards saw their liege storming into the hall firing his laser pistol into whatever he saw that wasn’t friendly.  With this they burst from their cover positions and charged the remaining Commando’s firing their SMG’s and laser pistols.  Two of Ryan’s remaining four guards went down in exchange for five of the remaining Commando’s.  As Ryan reached the end of the hall a Commando reached out of one of the empty bedrooms and held a knife to the Dukes throat.
   “Don’t move.”  The masked figure ordered.  Michael froze. 
   “What do you want?”  Michael demanded.
   “To stop you all.”  He replied.
   “Good Luck.  If you kill me someone else will just step forward and continue what I started.”  Michael hissed.
   “Then we will kill you al…”  The man’s voice was cut off as the high-pitched whine of a capacitor discharge, sonic boom and the gush of wet think fluid spattered across the back of Michael’s head as the knife fell away and a thud was more felt then heard when the Commando’s body hit the floor.
   “For an Assassin, he talks to much.”  Lieutenant Colonel Svetlana Ivanova spat as she lowered her SMG she stumbled and went down to one knee.  “Well the plate stopped the round.  It still hurts like a bitch though.”  She gasped.
   Michael ran to her side to check on her.  She caught a round in the right shoulder, but the plate caught four of the other rounds meant to kill her.  “Other than being in pain and loosing blood, you doing ok?”  Michael asked with a smirk in his eye. 
   Ivanova started to laugh but then her eyes turned cold.  “Sire help me to my feet please.  I need to take you somewhere.” 
   “Ok, let me get the girls befo…”  He was cut off by Ivanova as he helped her to her feet.
   “No Sire.  The girls will be fine, and you do not want them to come.”  She said deadpan. 
   The look in her eyes chilled his heart.  “Alright Colonel lead on.” 
   The two of them moved through the villa as more and more Royal Guardsmen began flooding into the hallways.  A full squad in combat kit rushed past the two on their way to secure the girls.  They reached the stairs and continued down into the kitchen.  There were medics and two full squads of Guardsmen there.  Beyond the doors another platoon of Guards were walling off the compound and stood between the Kitchen entrance and a short platoon of Northwind Highlanders from the QRF element.  The standoff look tense. 
   Ivanova stopped and turned to her Duke.  “Sire, we found the Duchess and Eric.”  She gave him a look.  “They did not make it.”
   Michael turned white as a ghost.  “Oh god no.”  He whispered.
   The two stepped into the kitchen.  The scene that greeted Michael tore his heart from his chest.  He saw the love of his life.  Folded over on the floor with her blood spreading from the cavity in her head.  Then he caught the sight of his youngest child Eric.  Crumpled against the wall in a pool of his own blood.
   Michael fell to his knees and sobbed.  Not a single Guardsmen did anything except push the Highlanders back expanding their perimeter.  Colonel Ivanova walked out to talk with the Highlanders commander on the ground and informed them of what happened inside the villa.  She appreciated the Highlanders quick response and the loss of the lives of their sentries from the perimeter, but at the moment the Royal Guard needed to be sure of who was friend and foe. 
   Michael was in a daze on the floor for a full five minutes before he collected himself enough to stand.  He strode outside toward the perimeter with a team dropped into step around him.  He approached a Highlanders infantryman.
   “Captain?”  Michael asked as he walked up.
   “Captain Robert Shay sir.”  The Highlander announced coming to attention.  “2ND Company, 1ST Gurkhas.” 
   “Captain Shay.  Son, my Wife and Child were killed tonight and my Royal Guard is ready to fight the entire universe.  I know this is your planet, your home.  Give my people space.  They will not go into a rage and destroy your beautiful planet.  This was once a Hegemony world.  My people want to make sure they are doing all they can to protect My Daughters and I, please let them.”  Ryan looked around at the gathered troopers of both the Highlanders and the Royal Guard. 
   The Highlander Captain looked hard into the Dukes eyes.  “Aye sir, we will push our perimeter back and begin searching the mountains for anyone else involved.”  He spoke into his throat mic before saluting the Duke and moving out with his two squads.  Reaching up to his ear he paused.  “Sir,” he said turning around “I just received a report that the Archon-Prince and his party were also attacked tonight.”
   That news shocked Ryan.  Well at least known I know it wasn’t him that did it and if it was the Highlanders this Captain could have just tried again.  “Thank you, Captain, if my people can be of any assistance to you or the Archon-Prince please let us know.”
   Turning he walked back into the villa and up the stairs to the main suite and his Daughters. 
« Last Edit: 24 June 2019, 13:10:49 by Kasaga »

cawest

• Captain
Re: Project LEGION: Shadows of the Dead
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2019, 13:29:30 »
someone just kicked a hornets nest. 

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2019, 20:29:22 »
the game is afoot
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

David CGB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2019, 00:03:29 »
someone just kicked a hornets nest. 
agreed, never go after the children or spouses. It just bring nukes into the party
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 26 June 2019, 18:31:55 »
Chapter One
Part 1

Cabinet Room, Royal Palace
San Diego, Nova California
Terran Hegemony-in-Exile
21 November 3063

Duke Michael P. Ryan sat at the head of the table looking morose while the next briefer talked about the state of the Hegemony and the protectorates.  Terra was quiet and plans for the withdraw of two-thirds of the HAF from the system to be replaced by the ComGuard and the 1ST Royal BattleMech Division of the Star League Defense Force.  To Michael it was all trivial. 
   “And the development of the new Destroyer for the Capellan and St. Ives Navies is progressing.  We should be ready to lay down the keel in the next three months.  Thanks to ComStar for allowing us the use of their Dante and Suffren class ships.  The systems upgrade we are doing will allow not only the Capellan and St. Ives nations to operate the ships separate of ComStar logistical networks.”  The briefer paused looking at the Duke.  “Sire, are you alright?”
   Michael snapped out of his daze.  “I am sorry admiral.  What were you saying?”
   Fleet Admiral Candice Mancuso gave her Duke a pained smile.  “We can do this at another time if you wish?” 
   Michael stood from his seat at the head of the table and walked around to place a hand on his good friend and mentors shoulder.  “No please continue.  The Suffren design is proving useful to the Liao realms.  Good.  I want to build four of the Dante-class frigates for the Duchess’ fleet in addition to eight of the Suffren’s promised to both realms.”  He looked around at his staff.  “The plan is still for these realms to supply the resources to build these ships.  I’m going to gift the Compact the four Dante’s.  This will go part way towards assisting them in developing a credible deterrent to the Capellans.”
   “Very well Sire.”  Mancuso responded.  “Shall we move on?”  Receiving a nod from Michael she did just that.  “The 1ST Cavalry Division is fully formed now.  Our contacts from within Clan space have been very helpful.  I will leave the intelligence briefing and our feelings on them for later.  For now, lets just say that while received some great tech from them and the designs we have been working on together and fielding are phenomenal.  I am just worried that should they turn on the Clans we may get blamed by Clan Council.”
   Michael nodded.  He had been having much of the same thoughts as Mancuso on this.  Those scientists whom CIA’s agents had made contact with were reporting possible biological agents being produced by some of what the scientists were requesting from us.  But gaining access to military tech before even the Clans do and improving upon it with our knowledge is just something he could not pass up.  “I agree, we will keep to our agreement.  We will deliver the four Coreships they designed to them along with the raw materials.”
   “Yes Sire.”  Mancuso agreed. 
   “You said 1ST Cavalry is fully fielded and ready to push forward?”  Michael asked. 
   “Yes Sire, fully outfitted with the new OmniMechs designed by both HRAD and our new Clan allies.”  Spoke up General Gates.  He was adjusting to his new job of commander of the Hegemony Army.  “The new Battle Armor is being fielded with a battalion going to each armored infantry regiment.  We will replace each battalion as a full battalion if manufactured and trained.”
   “Thank you General.”  Michael said.  Turning to General Kuklinski head of Intelligence Command he asked the question everyone knew was coming.  “General Kuklinski, what do you make of the reports of terror strikes across the Sarna March?” 
   General Chandra Kuklinski looked visibly relieved expecting a different question.  “Sire, CIA and our own MI5 and 6 are already developing the situation.  However, it is very complicated as not a single survivor has been captured from any of the attacks.  We are starting to see a pattern in their attacks and I am deploying MI7 along with SAS teams towards several likely target areas.  I hope to have something to report.”  He thought for a second.  “Some interesting news.  The Maskirovka has come forward delivering some intelligence on the issue to us in the hope that we do not think these attacks are being launched by them in violation of the treaty.”
   That shocked Michael.  “Well that is something.” 
“Zhanzheng de Guang insurgents have turned into counter terrorism teams reporting to the Chancellor and him to us of these attacks once they started.  Even Kali Liao’s Thugee Cultist have been helpful.  A raid on a terrorist safe house on Nanking was the result of both organizations coming forward and tipping off Hegemony forces on planet.  Without counter terror teams on planet the on-site commander deployed Infantry and Military Police to try and take these people into custody.  While no civilians were hurt thanks to the precautions of the onsite commander the terrorist were all killed along with fifteen Infantrymen involved in the raid.”  Kuklinski reported.  It was a bloodbath. 
        Michael was shocked at both statistics.  “I don’t like losing people, however, I am glad no civilians were hurt.”  He thought for a moment.  “Keep on top of this General.  I want to know who is doing this.  It seems the hole damned universe started falling apart after Sophia and Eric died.”  He watched everyone in the room visibly wince at that.  He knew they were all tip toeing around the subject.  He knew they had nothing new to go on, but he also knew they were working their asses off trying to find who ordered the strike on Northwind.  He had a back channel opened to Archon-Prince Victor Steiner-Davion whom was combining efforts to find out the truth as he was attacked during the same night. 
   The one thing they both agreed upon was that whomever struck at Victor were not the ones responsible for the strike on Michael.  The Strike against Victor was clearly a Loki hit.  If it wasn’t for the robust guard detail provided by the First Davion Royal Guards two battalions of on planet troops he would most likely have died that night as well.  Both were particularly concerned with whom launched the attack on Michael as this meant there was an unknown player.  Someone whom trained an expendable strike force.  The Capellan Confederation came to mind, Death Commando’s, Thugee Cultist, Zhangzheng de Guang terrorist or even Free Capella.  Nothing.  Not a single one of those organizations made sense.
   Someone had mentioned Safe and possibly the Eagle Corps.  Everyone in the room burst into laughter even Michael.  Then it got quiet and everyone started thinking hard on that one.  Thomas had just gotten his son back from Ryan.  Joshua Marik had responded to the treatment and was thriving being back home.  His Hegemony medical team on Atreus was even now preparing to leave and return to the Homeworlds in the next three months.  While it may not have been SAFE what of the Blakist ROM.  Rumors of their Special Forces unit rebranded as the Light of Mankind was even now spreading through the border worlds and CIA and HIC were picking up hints from behind the League border of numerous moves to consolidate power within the Free Worlds League. 
   Michael knew the Word had staging worlds other than Gibson.  ComStar assured him that both of their hidden staging worlds remained in their hands.  He also knew that there were several missing worlds from Inner Sphere maps that he knew exactly where they were.  He hesitated sending recon missions in due to the fact that they were missing for a reason and If Hegemony recon missions entered those systems whomever controlled them would know instantly they had been discovered.
   “What of the Lyran Alliance?”  Michael caught himself speaking before his mind caught up.  Someone mentioned something. 
   “Sire?”  General Kuklinski asked.
   “I was checked out General.  My mind was wondering off topic.  You said something about the Lyran Alliance yes?”  Michael admitted.
   “Yes Sire, the Four and Six shops think they are planning something and with all of these spontaneous demonstrations within the Suns State against Victor we think the LIC is ramping up to try and oust Victor somehow.  They tried it already but with the 101ST on New Avalon along with the Davion Guards and our people working with MIIO to find the LIC plants we were able to keep Katherine from deposing Yvonne.  We see movement of Lyran units towards the border and with the outbreak of violence on Solaris and now Thorin I think a major crackdown or an invasion of the Federated Suns might be on the table.”  Kuklinski reported to the shocked looks of all present.
   “So the Federated Commonwealth might be heading for a Civil War?”  Michael asked.
   “Yes Sire.”  Mancuso said before General Kuklinski could.  “I think we should make our plans for removing Katherine from power soon…”

THS Terran Resolve
Valexa, Crucis March
Federated Commonwealth
15 January 3064

Stepping onto the flight deck of the Resolve, Archon-Prince Victor Ian Steiner-Davion leader of the Federated Suns half and heir to the combined Federated Commonwealth stepped off of his shuttle and was greeted by an honor guard of Terran Marines.  The old Congress-class frigate served as the Dukes royal yacht when the power of the THS Terra was not needed.  Forward deployed out of Sarna it was quickly deployed to Valexa to act as the Dukes escort once he arrived aboard this personal DropShip the Regent’s Promise carried by command circuit. 
   Victor returned the honor guards salute and asked the captain for permission to come aboard which was immediately granted.  He walked across the deck with the click of his magnetic boots on the deck surface.  At the far side of the bay was Duke Michael Ryan and his traveling staff. 
   Extending a hand with a big smile upon his face.  “Thank you for coming Michael.”  He said informally.  He and Michael shared one of those relationships where formality was rarely used.
   “Thank you for the invitation Archon-Prince.”  And now was not one of those times Victor looked on in shock as Michael addressed him by his rank. 
   “Shall we adjourn to some place more comfortable?”  He asked with an inquiring look.
   “Let’s.”  Michael responded curtly. 
   The pair were escorted to Michael’s private office aboard the Resolve.  When the two of them were alone and the door sealed, and the anti-intrusion system activated Michael dropped his political face.  “I am sorry for the coldness of my response Victor.  I have it.”  Victors ears perked up at that.
   “You have what exactly?”  He asked.
   “I know who ordered the attack.  I even have the signed order should you need it.”  Michael spoke.  “Katherine ordered the attack on you.”  Victor looked shocked. 
He knew his Sister wanted everything, but he never believed she would be willing to kill family.  “Katherine ordered the strike?  How did you get this information?”  Victor asked in a soft voice.
        “CIA got wind of a disaffected LIC officer and pulled enough of strings to get him to flip.  The man was so distraught over events on Thorin and a relative dying in the fighting there that he flipped thinking he was talking to a ComStar ROM recruiter.”  Michael stated.  “He’s secured and is being granted a new life and with your permission wishes to immigrate to the Suns State with his family from Thorin when the fighting ends.”
        Victor mulled it over.  Michael handed him a data crystal.  “I’m guessing everything is on this?”  He received a nod in his answer.  “Well I thought I had good news for you when I showed up here.  Looks like I have some decisions to make now.”
        Victor sat there for a moment thinking hard.  Real hard. Moments turned to seconds, seconds to minutes.  Michael just sat there looking at the painting on the wall.  Victor looked back at Michael.  “This makes it hard.  I am sorry I just thought through this whole problem and I’m still prepared to go through with my initial plan.”
        Michael gave him a look.  “And that is?”
        Victor blew out a long breath.  “I know who killed Sophia and Eric.”  Michaels eyes turned hard and Victor could see the firing burning in them.  Michael gave him a nod to continue.  “Those rumors of the Light of Mankind were true.  The Word of Blake killed your Wife and Son.”
        Michael was visibly shaking.  Then after a few moments a calmness descended upon him.  “Thank you, Victor.  You have no idea what this means to me.”
       “We found out who did this when we caught the team that assassinated Arthur.”  Victor said saddened by the loss of his brother.  After a moment he sobered up.  “The entire team committed suicide, but we managed to recover blood that was not contaminated from whatever they used to do it.  We found a hit on one of them that was born in the Suns.  He enlisted into ComStar back in 48’.”  Victor motioned to a chair and Michael nodded and they both sat.  “I contacted Precentor-Martial Fotch and asked him to look into it.”
       Victor saw the worried look upon Michaels face and made sure to head off his concerns.  “Fotch agreed to keep this close hold to only his aide.  I heard back from him about a week later by special courier.  He was a member of ROM that went with the Blakists during the Schism.  With this I had him test the samples we had of everyone who attacked your Vila on Northwind.”
      “What did they find?”  Asked Michael.
      “Nothing.”  Victor said shocking him.  “At first that is.”  He leaned forward in his chair.  “Then there was a break.  One of the members of the team worked at the Northwind HPG station and had gone missing.  ComStar reported him missing to the Northwind authorities but assumed he either defected to the Word or was abducted.  He was a ROM Counterintelligence.  Another one of the bodies was part of the ComGuard that joined the Word of Blake and was assumed to have joined the Militia.”
      Michael realized that Victor was speaking from memory and had no notes to go from.  “This is why you called me here isn’t it?” 
      Victor nodded.  “What did you plan on doing?”  Michael asked.
      Letting out a slow breath Victor responded.  “I have a dozen regiments earmarked for deployment into the Sarna March and to surge across the border into the Free Worlds League.  I have another twenty ready to move if needed.  I figure if you match my force contribution we can strike at all of the Word of Blake bases in the Free Worlds League.”
      It was Michael’s turn to lean back.  “A raid in force I see.”  He thought. 
     “Yes.”  Victor stated.
     “No.”  Michael replied.
     “Excuse me?”  Victor asked. 
     “No.”  Michael repeated.
     “What do you mean?”  Victor asked again.
     “You can’t do this.  We can’t do this.”  Michael answered.
     “Why not?”  asked Victor.
     “Because you need to remove your sister from the equation before we can do anything about the Word of Blake.  If we raid the Free Worlds league with this much force the League will have to respond.”  Michael’s eyes turned cold.  Victor could have sworn they froze.  “If we attack the Word of Blake, the Free Worlds League will respond.  I have the distinct feeling that if the Free Worlds League responds then the Lyran Alliance will invade and try and remove you from the throne.”
     Victor covered his face with his hands and thought about it.  “You are right.  With out Katherine they can’t force a vote of the Star League Council and that will keep the Capellans out of the fight.  While I trust Theodore,  I know he will be honor bound to deploy the SLDF against us and that means Clan Nova Cat and the DCMS coming in.  We can’t fight the whole Inner Sphere combined.”
     Michael actually laughed at that one.  “Speak for yourself.  My whole military was designed around fighting the entire Inner Sphere at once.”  Then he sobered his tone when Victor was about the say something.  “But that is only if we are defending the Homeworlds.”  He added causing Victor to nod agreement.
     “Ok I’ll prepare my troops to move into the Lyran State instead.”  Victor agreed.
     “I know what troops you have in position and was wondering what they were going to be used for.  You need to rethink your deployments.  I know you have crack troops earmarked.  I suggest using Troops of either Lyran heritage or the FedCom Corps.”
      Victor thought about that for a moment.  “Agreed.  I’m going to do exactly that.” 
      Michael thought about it some more.  “And I’ve got something else to help with credibility.”
The two continued talking into the night and planning.  Both leaders called in their staffs and the future of the Inner Sphere began to take shape. 

THS Terra, Manticore System
Terran Hegemony-in-Exile
02 February 3064

Fleet Admiral Mancuso sat in her ready room just off of the Flag Bridge of the massive McKenna-class Battleship.  With her sat Fleet Admiral Alistair Buchwald, commander of the AFFC Navy.  As they burned into the system Admiral Buchwald and his people traveled into the Homeworlds as a guest of the Hegemony.  The two enjoyed coffee from the standard Zero-G pouches as they awaited the signal from the bridge announcing their arrival at the Scorpion Fleet Yards. 
   As the two talked a chime sounded from the bulkhead causing Mancuso to smile.  “Well Alistair, looks like we are here.”
   Not even knowing where he was being ordered to go by his Archon-Prince he had brought a lot of people somewhere.  “And where exactly are we?”  He asked.
   With a harsh laugh Mancuso answered.  “Welcome to Manticore Admiral.  Welcome to the Scorpion Fleet Yards.”
   Buchwald’s head snapped around as Mancuso rose from her seat and moved to the porthole.  The two looked out upon the sprawling ship yards.  “By the Unfished Book.”  He gasped.  “How have you not steamrolled the Inner Sphere in Warships already?” 
   Mancuso thought that was an odd statement.  “Why?”  She asked.
   “With this?”  He waved his hand. 
   “We could have done that during the Third or Fourth Succession Wars with what we had.  Why would we want to do that?  All we want is to reform the Hegemony.  Or as much of it as wants to reform our lost nation.”  Mancuso lectured.  “The Succession Wars were being fought over our homes and whoever wants to be the next First Lord.  We want to rebuild our home.  The Inner Sphere and the Clans are all the same. The Clan that reaches Terra first is the ilClan.  The Successor Lord who defeats enough of his rivals gets the same.  One of these days we will have to deal with both.  I just hope its not at the same time and that we will have friends.”
   Alistair nodded and returned Mancuso’s salute with his drink.  “I hope nothing changes that.”
   Mancuso laughed.  “I hope so too.  I wouldn’t want to break your new toys Alister.”  She said and pointed. 
   He turned ghost white.  “Son of a Bitch.”
« Last Edit: 26 June 2019, 18:39:04 by Kasaga »

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2019, 14:49:45 »
Part 2

Royal Court, The Triad
Tharkad City, Tharkad
Donegal Province, Lyran Alliance
04 February 3064

The room was quiet as General of the Armies Nondi Steiner gazed across the room.  Archon Katrina Steiner leveled her gaze back at her aunt.  “You are saying that the LIC’s agents in MIIO have stopped reporting?”  Katrina looked incredulously at Nondi.  “How?”
   “We do not know.  We think all mid and high-level contacts have been rounded up.  Several agents are not yet overdue.  However, Intelligence doesn’t have much hope.”  Nondi replied.
   “What is my Brother up to?”  Katrina mused out loud.  “What of the dispositions of the AFFC?”  She asked.
   Nondi looked towards her intelligence liaison.  “There is troop movement.  A lot of nominally Davion troops are moving into the interior of the Commonwealth or towards the Capellan and Marik Borders with in the Sarna March.  It looks like the Federated Commonwealth Corps is being redeployed from the Sarna March.” 
   “Do we know where?”  Katrina asked.
   “No, Your Grace.”  Nondi replied.
   “I’m not an expert on the military but I believe that is what ten regimental combat teams?”  Katrina asked inquisitively.
   “That is correct.  Right now Victor just left Valexa for New Avalon he could have ordered a rotation of troops that we were not aware of.  Possibly moving them towards the Capellan March to cover the Taurian border.”  Nondi suggested.  “We just don’t know at this time.  They are moving towards the Crucis March as of now. We will keep tabs on them as best we can.”
   “Ok Nondi.  Let’s keep tabs on them.”  Katrina began.  “I want to know the moment they make any move towards us.” 
   “Yes, Your Grace.”  Nondi replied.

Later that night Katrina was sitting in her study going over the business of State when something just didn’t feel right.  She started to turn around then she heard it and froze. 
   “Do not worry.  I’m not here to kill you.”  The voice spoke.
   “Who are you?”  Katrina asked.
   “That doesn’t matter but I am sure you could guess.”  The voice said with no answer to Katrina’s question.
   “Ok then, what do you want.”  She asked trying to draw out the voice.  She couldn’t tell if it was male or female.  Possibly voice modulated. 
   “I’m here to serve as a warning.  Your Brother is coming for you.  He’s asked ComStar to announce a joint training exercise on Tukayyid.  The twelve regimental combat teams would be deployed as an invasion force against ComStar’s Republic based forces.”  The voice reported.  He’s really planning on taking Hesperus, Donegal, Arcturus and Finally Tharkad.”
   “What do you want for telling me this?”  Katrina asked.
   “Nothing, you can’t stop him.”  The voice teased.
   “I can stop twelve RCT’s.  We can stop twice tha…”  Katrina began to boast.
   “You can’t because you are still defending against both the Clans and the League.  You have troops positioned against the Combine and the Republic.  His boarders are currently secure with treaties with both the Combine and the Confederation and the Hegemony troops protecting the Sarna March from the League.  He isn’t just going to move those 12 formations.  He can move all of those he just sent into the Sarna March to reinforce those twelve.”  The shadowy voice scolded.  “You are finished unless you can pull off a miracle.”
   “I could call on the League and Confederation to intervene.”  Katrina countered.
   “No you cannot.”  The voice stated abruptly.  “Thomas Marik.”  The voice said with disgust.  “Is rapidly losing control of his realm to the Word of Blake, and the Word has plans of their own soon.”  The voice chided.  “Now for the Confederation.  They might.  But not alone.  Not with both the Commonwealths reserves in the Crucis and Draconis Marches able to push in.  They still might in that capacity to just pin down the Commonwealth troops or force them to reinforce the Capellan March.”  There was a noticeable pause.
   “And?”  Katrina asked turning more. 
   “And, that does not account for the Compact or the sword to Liao’s throat in the form of the HAF poised along the Liao commonality border ready to strike across and completely swamp the Confederations defenses.”  The Speaker responded.
        The voice was decidedly more feminine this time Katrina noticed.  She turned more and took the figure fully into view.  The non-descript face yet sensual and attractive.  “What would you have me do?” 
       “Force a fight between your forces and your brothers on one or two major worlds and then call it quits.  Surrender.  When he arrives in Tharkad orbit surrender.  Do not cripple your realm to try and hold back his advance when you cannot possibly win.  I know he will not be invading alone.  He will be supported by someone, most likely the HAF.”  The woman spoke.
       “Why should I trust you.  You could have been sent by my Brother to convince me to do just this.”  Katrina said indigent.
       “That is true.  But my Master has sent me here to convince you to fight till the end.  To shatter both realms so that either of the FedCom nations could interfere with his plan.”  She stated in a dead pan voice.  “Let us just say I am no longer a believer in the path that was set forth for me.  I may not be the only one, but we are few.  I am especially trusted as to the gifts I have been given to assist with me missions.”
       “I will be executed when the truth about what I have done comes out.”  Katrina said in a hushed voice. 
       “There are worse things than death.  You could go join your lover on Tamar.”  The woman said.
       Katrina launched herself from her seat and was standing in a fighting stance Vlad had taught her.  Then just as suddenly she relaxed.  This woman knew everything and that meant someone else did as well.  “I’ll make my decision when and if Victor comes for me.  Until then what do you want from me?”

Govt. Center, Kallontown
Nanking, Sarna March
Federated Commonwealth
06 February 3064

Alfredo watched the Café on the corner of the busy intersection.  He hated being among these people.  He longed to be home.  Longed to be back among those that truly believed.  These nonbelievers sapped his patience.
   There she was.  A woman in a upper class business wear walked towards the Café.  She was carrying her satchel with her noteputer and other important documents.  She was an aide to the front runner to lead the planetary counsel.  Alfredo had seduced her a couple of months back and they had taken a week-long vacation together.  They never made it to the resort, a couple matching their description did check in and spend a week there.  Alfredo and Stacey instead went to a safe-house after he sedated her in the car.  Over the next week Alfredo introduced her to some serious mental conditioning in order to get her to this point. 
   Stacey showed up for work and spent the last few weeks funneling him all of the information he requested.  When planetary security got suspicious and called in both MIIO and the Hegemony’s CIA he called her on her mobile and spoke the code phrase.  She grabbed her bag and left the office for a cup of coffee.  Stacey walked outside with her coffee and took a seat near the entrance.  She pulled out her noteputer and began to type.  After about five minutes she smiled after hitting the send button and pressed another icon.
   The explosion rocked Alfredo from the thirty-second floor of the tower he was in.  His enhanced vision whiting out as he thought of the filter he wanted to activate.  His vision returning to normal magnification he smiled to himself as the front façade of the Café looked as it had just been carved away.  Bodies were everywhere as Stacey had sat exactly where he had programmed her to sit.  The street was packed with people returning to their offices from lunch.  Almost everyone inside the Café was dead now perhaps a dozen people.  Those on the veranda were vaporized from the blast perhaps another eight or nine.  A good forty to fifty people were dead as they passed the Café with another hundred to hundred and fifty wounded across the intersection both in vehicles and pedestrians. 
   Alfredo again smiled to himself as he thought-clicked through the text that Stacey had sent to the planetary authorities claiming credit for the bombing.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #6 on: 01 July 2019, 04:25:48 »
This is DAMN good stuff! Good to see the Legion story continuing.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 02 July 2019, 16:17:01 »
 :thumbsup:  interesting an MD whose not fully commited to the Master
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 02 July 2019, 16:44:20 »
:thumbsup:  interesting an MD whose not fully commited to the Master

or is she an MD or is she not fully committed?

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 02 July 2019, 16:51:46 »
Chapter Two
Part 1

Nadir Jump Point
Hesperus System
Bolan Province
Lyran Alliance
06 April 3064

The LAS Illustrious and LAS Robert Marsden sat motionless above the world of Hesperus II.  Dispatched to the critical world by the Archon herself with orders to defend the planet form possible invasion.  The proviso hidden in Hauptmann-Kommodore Janessa Schroder understood after being briefed by the Archon personally was that she was to preserve her force at all cost even if it meant surrender.  The odds of her retaining command and the assets being returned to Lyran control were high.
   Strapped into her bunk aboard the Fox-class Corvette LAS Illustrious as her flagship and surrounded by not only the Marsden but both ships support fleets.  If she had just been given the LAS Yggdrasil as her flagship she was certain she could hold out to anything short of a full Clan, Free Worlds or HAF assault.  How wrong she was.
   The klaxon sounded throughout the ship ripping her out of her slumber and sending her into instinct to dress for battle.  Donning her pressure suit and racing to the bridge in order to ascertain what is going on.  A voice boomed from the speakers.
   “Battle stations, battle stations, all hands man your battle stations this is not a drill.”  It repeated several times.
   After about five minutes Schroder made her way onto the bridge where she was met by Kommodore Ludwig Freilich the Illustrious’ Captain.  “Report!”  Schroder demanded upon reaching the bridge.
   “Hauptmann-Kommodore, emergence waves detected awaiting lightspeed data before we can determine who they are.”  Freilich reported.
   Strapping into her bridge station she knew she was still hours from seeing action at the earliest.  “Send all data to my station as it comes in I want the raw take.”  Schroder ordered. 
   “Aye Hauptmann-Kommodore.”  The sensor tech acknowledged.
   The time was dragging out and the ships jumping into the system were jumping into a null-gravity point in system.  Not anywhere near the closest pirate points but still days closer to Hesperus II than if they jumped into the systems standard jump points.  The count had pushed up to an ungodly number.  They did confirm a pair of Fox-class corvettes had jumped in but anything other than then the numbers of JumpShips were not known to the war book.  Schroder was going to have to wait until they got visuals of the ships in the next five minutes. 
   “Blake’s blood.”  The sensor officer gasped.
   Seconds later Schroder saw it and agreed. 
   “Hauptmann-Kommodore, I am detecting the Fox-class corvettes Fox and Intrepid.  I am also detecting what looks to be four Mako-class corvettes, four Davion II-class destroyers, two Commonwealth-class light cruisers, the Avalon-class cruiser Melissa Davion and a Tharkad-class Battlecruiser.”  The Leutant looked up from his station in disbelief.  “Where did they get all of them?  They are all flying FedCom colors.
   “Thank you Leutant, I can see that.  Range?”  Schroder asked already knowing the answer. 
   “They jumped in on the far side of II-Alpha.  Time till orbit about twelve hours Ma’am.”  Her sensor officer reported.
   “Very well, contact General Ciampa.  Inform her of the situation and tell her to make  her preparations.”  Schroder ordered.
   “Aye Ma’am.”  Her flag communications officer reported from the Flag Bridge.
   “Hauptmann-Kommodore, incoming transmission from invasion force.”  Reported the Illustrious’ communications officer.
   “Put it through.”  She ordered.

“Attention Citizens of the Commonwealth, it has been too long since I have been able to address my people.  I was forced to let my Sister ursurp the Lyran State from our united Federated Commonwealth.  I have gathered the symbols of our joint Federated Commonwealth in the form of the Federated Commonwealth Corps.  I have also resurrected two symbols of both Steiner and Davion past in the form of the Hesperus Guards and the Dragonlords.  Supported by a fleet of rebuilt Commonwealth and Suns Warships from the time of the Star League alongside ships designed to protect our united Federated Commonwealth.
   With this force I come not to conquer the Lyran State but to protect it from the Clans and internal strife.  Already the fighting between the Throin Skye March Militia and the 15TH Arturan Guards has been halted with the intervention of the 8TH and 12TH FedCom RCTs.  With me here at Hesperus I have brought the resurrected Hesperus Guards Brigade, the 10TH Lyran Guards and the Davion Heavy Guards.  A true pan Commonwealth formation.  I ask that the defenders of Hesperus stand down.  Do not surrender but stand down and allow for me to confront my Sister Katherine on Tharkad for the crimes she is guilty of.
   In the name of my Mother Melissa Stiner-Davion and my Father Hanse Davion I, Victor Ian Steiner-Davion do from this day forth claim my rightful place as the Archon-Prince of the combined Federated Commonwealth.”

Def-Hes Defense Bunker, Hesperus II
Bolan Province / Bolan March
Lyran Alliance / Federated Commonwealth

The message of Victor winked out to be replaced by the mailed fist on starburst of the Federated Commonwealth.  Leutant-General Gina Ciampa stared into the now empty tri-vid screen wondering what next would come falling out of the sky.  She stared intently into the screen wondering what the morning would bring.
   “General, Hauptmann-Kommodore Schroder is reporting she is not defending the system.  Orders from the Archon are to disengage and jump for Tharkad.”  Her chief of staff reported.
   “What about our aircover?”  Ciampa asked.  “Command pulled all of our aerospace brigades when they deployed the 15TH and 36TH here.” 
   “We have the Legion’s air wing General.”  Colonel Nana Brennan reported.
   “Two squadrons of aerospace fighters against that massive fighter force is suicide.  No I’m going to order the aerospace defense command to stand down.”  Ciampa said.  “Schroder wasn’t the only one with secret orders.” 

Archon-Prince Victor Ian Steiner-Davion watched the assembled honor guard displaying Lyran Alliance uniforms and banners.  He walked through the ranks of assembled guardsmen both Lyran and the new Hesperian under the command of his aid Jerrard Cranston.
   Victor approached the podium at the base of the ramp to his DropShip.  His proclamation of amnesty to anyone who does not fight and declares not for his Sister nor Himself but for the Federated Commonwealth would see a return to the fold and a stronger nation.  When his speech was over he boarded a armored ground car for the trip to the government center.  There he met with the opposition on planet.
   Seated around the table were the commanders of all on planet forces.  Colonel Rameriez of the Planetary Militia, Leutant-General Gina Ciampa of the Fifteenth Lyran Guards and Leutant-General Peter Zambros of the Thirty-Sixth Lyran Guards regimental combat teams.  Along the other side of the table was Colonel Lori Kalmar-Carlyle and her executive officer Major Davis McCall.  Others in the room included Colonel Keane Sortek, nephew of Ardan Sortek hero of the Federated Suns.  Major General Marcus Briggs stood off to the side not at the tables with the others.  His uniform drawing glances from around the room. 
   Victor stopped at the head of the table and let his gaze fall on Duke Brewer.  He pulled the chair out and sat down, never taking his eyes off of Legion Captain.  “Captain Brewer, its so good to see you again.”  Victor greeted.
   “And you Sire.”  He said without officially acknowledging Victors rightful title. 
   “So, what are we all going to do about this?”  Victor asked the assembled officers.  “Are we going to fight this out or are we going to come together to confront the bigger threats?”
   “The Clans?”  Ciampa asked.
   “They are one of them.  Its not the only one.”  Victor countered.
   “Who then?  The Archon?”  Zambros spoke up.
   “Katherine,” Victor began with a hint of sadness in his tone “She will get better than what is deserved.  While she is a threat to our nation if she chose to work together with me then we can face the coming storm together.  I don’t think she will.  I think we are going to have to break something’s before we can put them back together again.”
   “What happens if we choose to resist you.  To fight you here on Hesperus?”  Ciampa asked.
   “I won’t fight you here.  I came here to take a symbol from Katherine.  The strength and power that Hesperus represents.”  Victor paused.  “But if it does come to a fight.”  Victor nodded his head to General Briggs.
   “That’s what I am here for.  If someone is going to fight it will be with me.”  Briggs said stepping off from the wall.  “I command the 1ST Cavalry Division.  No one here has ever had the chance to study this formation.  Recently formed in the homeworlds with our newest equipment being produced.  I am bringing two brigades of OmniMech’s, a Battle Armor Brigade, Armor Brigade and Aerospace Fighter Wing.” 
   “If anyone wants a fight I’ve got a Division to test out.”  Briggs said as he stepped up to Victors side at the table.  “I don’t want to fight my allies, we will if it means that my ally is stronger in the end.” 
   Colonel Lori Kalmar-Carlyle let out a slow whistle.  “That is some firepower you got there.” 
   Briggs nodded.  “I am not threatening you all.  I am just stating that you will either face me or face the Archon-Prince’s forces.  I am tasked with preserving his force at all cost.”
   Victor could see that others around the table were about to ask why.  “The why is not important right this moment.  However, we do not have to fight each other here and now.  We can preserve our forces for a greater threat that is coming.”
   “What of our forces.  You brought a new brigade to this planet named for the planet.  What are we to do with this force I am assuming will remain behind.”  Zambros stated.
   “The 15TH and 36TH Guards will be redeployed together and reinforced with aerospace assets as soon as we can pull some loose.  Until then the HAF is going to provide a ground aero wing to support the two of you in your joint deployment.”  Victor answered.  “The Grey Death Legion will remain here on Hesperus to defend the factories along with the Hesperus Guards Brigade.  Duke Brewer will have nominal authority over the Guards with Colonel Kalmar-Carlyle in command until the end of this crisis.”
   “And what forces are we getting?”  Brewer asked.
   “Yes, what are we replacing two – albeit understrength – RCTs with?”  Asked Ciampa.
   Cranston stepped forward on Victor’s left and spoke this time.  “Each Hesperus Guards force consists of a combined arms brigade.  One BattleMech Battalion with command lance, three battalions of heavy armor battalions, three cavalry battalions, an aerospace fighter wing and battle armor regiment.  Each brigade has a full support regiment with security infantry battalion, engineers, logistical personnel and a Battery of Artillery.” 
   “These are ad hoc commands.  They have all been drawn from the same FedCom or Lyran RCTs stationed within either the Sarna March or Suns State Command.  All volunteers.  Should this formation prove useful we will expand them into full regimental combat teams.  But has my cousin coined.  I think we will call them Light Combat Teams for now.  They are not strong enough to take on an RCT alone, but they are a powerful defensive force.”  Victor said.
   “This is one hell of a dilemma we are facing here.”  Zambros stated to his fellow commanders.  “On one side we are all loyal to the Commonwealth whether it’s the Lyran Alliance or Commonwealth, or Federated Suns.  The Federated Commonwealth was the best thing for our two nations.  If you lose some how we would be seen as traitors.” 
   “I concede the point.”  Victor agreed.  “However, if we do lose I will make sure that it is known that should you have fought you would have denied Katherine the use of these facilities in the end after a long destructive campaign against not only my forces but General Briggs.  This way you saved a valuable resource for the Lyran State.”
   The two Lyran generals thought about it for a minute looked at eachother and exchanged nods.  “Archon-Prince, the Hesperus garrison stands down and is prepared for new orders.”  Leutant-General Gina Ciampa said. 
   “Very well.”  Victor acknowledged with a sigh of relief.  “You are to move to Zaniah.”  He began getting looks from the Commanders sitting across from him.  “No, I am not going to strand you there out of the fight.  I am placing you there on a world with no strategic value so that you can execute a counter attack should an invasion into the Commonwealth be launched from the Free Worlds League.”
   “You will not being going alone.  The Thirty-Ninth Avalon Hussars, Sixth and Seventh Crucis Lancers and the 4TH Deneb Light Cavalry.”  Cranston reported.
   “Those are all traditional Davion units.”  Zambros spoke up. 
   “Yes, all of the traditional Steiner or FedCom commands are being used to counter Katherine.”  Cranston reported.
   “You will also have Seventy-Seventh Independent Aero Wing in direct support of your commands.  Plans are to surge several independent regiments towards Zaniah from both the AFFC and HAF as soon as we can free them up.”  Briggs added.
   Receiving nods from the two Lyran officers.  “Alright lets get this show moving then.”  Ciampa pulled out a communicator keying her command center.  “Brennan, alert the combat team.  We need to prepare for redeployment.  Long term.  No Dependents.  That’s right long term expect combat.”  Ciampa listened for a few moments.  “Alright, get it done.”  She finished then closed the communicator.

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 02 July 2019, 22:37:02 »
that was a heck of a move. 

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 08 July 2019, 13:17:46 »
Here's a link to the 1ST Cavalry Division.  The rest of Chapter two will be out today or early tomorrow.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=65932.0

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 08 July 2019, 15:07:18 »
Part 2

Orbital Battle Space Sierra-4
High Orbit, Donegal
Donegal Province, Lyran Alliance
27 April 3064

The flash of laser fire followed by the ion trail of missiles flashing past the cockpit of Major Jacoby “Kermit” Van Aalst.  With a bare moment spared to savor the fact that that lance of laser fire and the swarm of missiles were not meant for his Tachyon OmniFighter.  The squadron of heavy strike fighters were closing on a pair of Lyran Achilles DropShips anchoring the defense of a Vengeance-class carrier as it executed rearming operations. 
   The Lyran aerospace defenses in Donegal had been hounding the Hegemony invasion force for the last fifteen days.  Admiral O’Connor had just greenlighted the clearance of Lyran defenses.  Duke Ryan and the Archon-Prince had decided that Donegal would be the example the Alliance needed.  Two Robinson IIb-class were leading the push into Donegal’s orbit followed by a Commonwealth Battlegroup centered on the FCS Robert Davion and the Fox-class corvettes Murmansk and New Syrtis.  The Hegemony navy was supporting with the Aegis-class Victorious escorting the Volga-class transports Mekong and Rio Grande.
   Van Aalst watched as his squadron’s target grew in his viewport.  His flight of six new hyper-advanced TYN1-O Tachyon OmniFighters all in the prime variant for this mission swept in forming an echelon left formation.  Normally the formation would be ideal for planetary operations, in this scenario it would allow Van Aalst’s Tachyon’s to unleash their weapons and break off to uncover the next fighters run. 
   “Control, on final to Delta-17.”  Van Aalst reported as his Squadron leveled out and locked onto the Achilles DropShip designated Delta-17.  The 100-ton heavy fighters were armed to the teeth with two ER Large lasers, two hegemony improved heavy large lasers and a massive hyper-assault gauss rifle.
   “Roger Kermit, recommend diamond-six and you are cleared in hot for engagement.”  The distant controller responded aboard the SWAC craft as it loitered just outside of OBS Sierra-4.  The modified shuttle had been in use only recently when decentralized fighter operations became an issue during the beginning of Operation WARSPITE.  With so many aerospace fighters in play across the Sarna March and so few Warships available
   “Roger control, Shamrock flight shifting formation.  Tally-ho.”  Van Aalst cleared his COM with the controller and keyed the primary communication button on his throttle.  “Alright Shamrocks’ lets do this.  Switch to formation diamond-six and go weapons hot.  Let’s remove Delta-17 from our airspace.”
   The confirmations rippled through his headset as the squadron of fighters shifted into a vertically stacked diamond formation.  As one the six fighters of the squadron opened up with HAG-40’s.  Sending dozens of projectiles into Delta-17 the squadron began sand blasting off the ships armor.  Twelve beams of emerald green light stabbed out from the advancing squadron into Delta-17 melting tons of armor from the hull.
   Delta-17 was not unaware of the situation, the ship maneuvered wildly a second volley of the squadrons HAG-40’s rippled off most connecting with Delta-17.  As the squadron closed within range the Achilles’ weapons began firing back.  Delta-17 was not one of the refit’s, her time in the yard was coming up.  It wouldn’t see the yard after today.  The squadron broke formation into pairs each pair of fighters firing their heavy large lasers into Delta-17.  A pair of beams ripped through the front right facing of the ship as more and more lasers and gauss rounds impacted the hull.  Delta-17 lurched hard to starboard as a secondary explosion rocked the DropShip.  Delta-17’s drives cut out and the ship began to tumble.
   “Control – Kermit, Delta-17 is in a tumble and scanners show no power.  She’s out of this fight for now.”  Van Aalst reported.
   Extended range large lasers from a pair of LCF-R16 Lucifer’s struck Van Aalst’s Tachyon.  His fighter rocked hard when three of the four lasers connected.  The nineteen tons of Ferro-Lamellor armor shrugged off the blasts with only a mild loss of protection. 
“With me Cat.”  Van Aalst ordered as he cut thrust and flipped his fighter with Lieutenant Raymond “Cat” Sanchez following suit.  The pair of Lucifer’s were inside his range now.  Depressing his target interlock circuit controlling his HAG-40 he fired off a burst of the advanced gauss rifle peppering the lead fighter and then depressing his third TIC button firing his heavy lasers.  Flipping ship one more time he applied thrust and fired his extended range medium laser once the targeting reticle showed lock.  Cat followed him through and targeted the other fighter causing similar damage.
   The Legion CEWS allowed for the handoff of targeting information on a large scale.  Working like a C3i system and a Watchdog CEWS made love.  Limited to operating targeting information to around twelve platforms at any one time an operator can switch networks on the fly and all systems send back to a hub operated at the battalion, regimental and brigade level.  Division and higher levels receive data-packet updates and are fed into a mobile command centers computer to keep track of the battle.  The system operates along the same principle as the pre-interstellar travel blue force tracking systems.  Able to report friendly force locations and when detected enemy force locations.  With active probe and electronic warfare systems built in the Legion CEWS allows the operator to detect the enemy and remain hidden.
   Kermit and Cat banked there fighters hard, applying power to their massive 400 rated XXL fusion engines as they raced away from the pursuing Lucifer’s.  Kermit looked down at his MFD selected a point on the display and then concentrated on flying his fighter to there.  He spotted a pair of Seydlitz fighters maneuvering on a old Dictator burning in to deploy a battalion of armor. 
   “Cat lets splash those fighters going after the Merci.”  Van Aalst ordered as he applied thrust and angled towards the pair already tearing into the vulnerable troop transport.  “This isn’t part of the plan at all.  We were supposed to clear space of all hostiles before the transports came in.  Only things supposed to be here is the pathfinders aboard the Robinson’s.”  Van Aalst grunted as he selected his HAG-40 and fired.  The tungsten rounds reached out and began shredding the light fighters. 
   Cat maneuvered his fighter into position and tore into the wingman.  Connecting with his HAG and heavy lasers the light fighter disintegrated.  “That’s one.”  Cat reported.
   “Roger Cat.”  Van Aalst acknowledged.  Banking his fighter hard he cut thrust, fired his lateral thrusters spinning the fighter to face the Lyran Seydlitz and selected his ER Large Lasers and fired.  The green lances reached out and both connected with the light fighter tearing into the fusion engine where his HAG had removed the armor.  The fighter exploded into a ball of superheated plasma.  Straightening out his Tachyon he applied thrust and rejoined Cat.  “And that’s two. Now we need to get those two Lucifer’s that are still closing on us.”
   Switching channels Van Aalst looked at his primary MFD and watched that distance close.  He sensors overlaid the pursuing Lyran fighters onto the LIDAR developed image of the battle space.  His flights detour to engage the two Seydlitz’s allowed the lance of heavier Lucifer’s to close the distance.  Suddenly a tone sounded in his neuro-helmet and Kermit smiled.
   “Now Cat, break!”  He shouted into his pickups.  Kermit broke right, and Cat left the two fighters peeling into opposite directions as they reached the point in space Van Aalst designated earlier.  The two pursuing fighters crossed that point ten seconds later and the four remaining Tachyon’s of the Shamrocks blazed away with their Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifles shredding the Lyran fighters into atoms.
   Kermit smiled and keyed up his Squadron net.  “Good job Shamrocks.  Return to base.”

Rear Admiral Gregory Bantze watched as the battle was unfolding.  Holding back his cruiser and the two transports he watched as the Commonwealth battlegroup supported the Bataan and Kearsarge assault transports as they fought to clear the skies and deliver their pathfinder battalions to the surface.  The Lyran aerospace defenses were in the process of being rolled back.  The last few DropShips and squadrons of fighters were beginning to return to the planets surface.  The Vengeance-class DropShip acting as the Lyran’s flagship was recalling its fighter wings to protect the ship as it began to burn towards the outer system. 
   Gregory’s first action in his twenty-seven years of service to the Hegemony-in-Exile.  Relegated to the reserve fleet and the defense of the Homeworlds he almost retired when Admiral Al-Bakar approached him to lead a flotilla from the reserve fleet into the Inner Sphere.  He expected his first action to be against a Clan foe or even a League battlegroup.  Today his first action would be against the Lyran’s.
   “Communications send to Mekong and Rio Grande form up on the flag and make for that carrier.  Its time to send a message.”  Bantze ordered.
   Receiving their orders, the two transports maneuvered with the Victorious as they began engaging the Vengeance-class DropShip LAS Württemberg.  Heavy Naval Gauss Rifle slugs from the pair of Volga’s began streaking towards the carrier.  The Victorious refrained from firing her devastating autocannons and instead unleased several of her NL-55 batteries.  The lasers arrived at the same time as the four gauss slugs and the Württemberg exploded into a cloud of debris and atmosphere. 
   “All ships cease firing.”  Bantze ordered. 
At the same time his communications officer spoke up.  “Admiral, Admiral Paulsen aboard the Robert Davion is ordering us to stand down.”
        Bantze looked over.  “Open a channel to the Robert Davion.”  He ordered.
        After several moments he got a nod.  That the signal was going through.  “Robert Davion this is Four-eight actual.”
        The delay in the transmission was due to the distance.  Luckily only a few seconds.  “Four-eight actual this is Robert Davion actual.  What is the meaning of this.  Why did you destroy a retreating DropShip?”  Admiral Paulsen demanded.
        Bantze looked at this flag captain and signed.  Activating his pickup, he replied.  “Robert Davion actual, four-eight actual.  I have orders to set an example here.  That is why we sent so many warships.  That is why your battlegroup was requested.  And that is why I am about to drop two full brigades on Donegal.  We are fighting the battle of Tharkad here.  Now.  This is your Tukayyid, this is your moment to hopefully end this all without putting traditional Davion and Steiner troops into direct conflict.  My people and yours are kindred spirits Admiral.  We may not be as much with the Steiner half of your realm but you both are.  Let’s end this.”
        There was a moment of silence.  A long stretched out moment.  One Bantze knew was considerably more than just signal lag.  He heard a drawn-out sigh.  “Agreed Four-eight actual.  Lets end this.”  Admiral Paulsen stated.
        Bantze looked to his left at another officer strapped into a similar seat opposite him on the flag bridge.  “Well Marcus, its your show now.”  He said with a weak smile.
       “That it is Greg.”  Major General Marcus Briggs replied.  Turning to his small staff in the ground operations control station he began issuing orders.  “Execute.”  He ordered.  His liason relayed the orders to the transports and assault ships sending the 1ST Cavalry Division into action. 
       Briggs unstrapped himself from his station and turned towards Bantze.  “Well Greg, this is where we part ways.  I’m heading to the Custer.”  He said tossing his naval counterpart a sloppy salute causing Bantze to laugh.
       “Good luck Marcus.  You have them outnumbered and with better tech but anything can happen.”  Bantze cautioned the man he had become friends with.
       “Oh, we will be careful.  Count on it.”
« Last Edit: 08 July 2019, 15:09:00 by Kasaga »

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 08 July 2019, 15:08:28 »
Part 3

Drop Bay, THS Bataan
OBS Sierra-4, Donegal
Lyran Alliance

Major Thomas Holland sat strapped into the command seat of his OST1-OC Osteon OmniMech.  His was about to become the first battalion of the Hegemony’s new OmniMechs.  Designed in cooperation with an unknown Clan factor these new machines were more advanced than anything built by the Clans for their own Toumans.
   Holland watched one of his MFD’s tied into the orbital satellite network that was being deployed by Hegemony DropShips in orbit.  The disposition of his battalion having just executed an orbital drop to secure the perimeter of the Brigades landing zone.  Holland commanded Third Battalion, Third OmniMech Regiment together with the rest of the Greywolf Brigade were assigned the responsibility of fighting the 1ST Donegal Jaegers.  Iron Horse Brigade was responsible for engaging the Twenty-Fourth Lyran Guards and its entire regimental combat team.  To this end General Briggs was going to over see the fight and he had the Black Jack Brigade ready to ground and come in to support First Brigade.
   Should all hell break lose the 1ST Federated Commonwealth Regimental Combat Team was holding with the FedCom battlegroup in orbit.  Holland watched as a Jaegers company pushing towards his perimeter.  What the Jaegers didn’t know was that they were passing one of Hollands recon ‘Mechs.  A CPS1-O Cephalus sat motionless watching the mixed company approaching.
   “India-3-1, this is 3-Greywolf-6.  Fire-mission.”  Holland ordered as he pressed the icon representing a Jaegers Chimera.  Selecting another option from the menu that popped up over the Chimera he then moved off to the next icon, a Condor hover tank was selected.  The process went on as he selected another Condor and finally a Hunchback.  He designated two groups of what the recon pilot was calling infantry.  Hitting the send icon, he beamed the targets and prioritization to the scout for his TAG to be brought into play and to the pair of Osteon’s in his command lance configured in the Golf variant to provide fire support.  Holland’s wingman was configured like he was in the Charlie configuration. 
   “Execute fire-mission Alpha 1.”  Holland ordered.  His lance mates acknowledged and turned in the direction of the approaching Jaegers. 
   Hunkering down Patterson’s Osteon unleashed first one and then another Arrow IV missiles towards the incoming combined arms company.  The missile arced up and then a second booster kicked in sending the missile racing towards its target.  Unlike most Arrow IV missiles these were cluster missiles designed to cover an area with submunitions.  The first missile raced in ejecting its submunitions over a squad of infantry designated by Holland.  The second missile vaporized a second squad.
   Sandra Cole’s Osteon belted out a pair of missiles spaced twenty seconds apart.  The first missile raced in and destroyed the first Condor and the second cored out the Hunchback.  The Chimera and second condor began to fall back when the second Condor exploded from Patterson’s third missile and then the Chimera lost both of its legs as the missile first took out one leg and then another damaged the knee actuator on the second leg. 
   The rest of the Jaeger company began retrograding back towards their own lines.  This probe by the Lyran’s was over.

Major General Marcus Briggs watched from the window of his shuttle as it descended through the clouds escorted by a squadron of the new PHT1-O Photon medium OmniFighters.  He could see the perimeter of First Brigade as their DropShips formed an impromptu city on the surface.  A dozen Lee-class DropShips of various configurations plus a number of other craft created the Brigades skyline.  He would see battalions of armor and BattleMechs moving out escorted by APCs and IFVs carrying armored infantry along with other specialized infantry onto the field. 
   Arrayed on the far side of a forest Briggs could still make out the regiments of tanks and BattleMechs forming up. He was facing a full regimental combat team with a short brigade.  One BattleMech regiment supported by a reinforced armor regiment and two regiments of armored infantry.  Each armored infantry regiment fields two battalions of Mk XXVII Nighthawk power armor (light), supporting a full battalion of Elemental battle suits.  Each armored infantry regiment is fully mechanized organically as well as being able to be carried upon the brigades OmniMechs. 
   Briggs’ shuttle set down and he watched as a squad of Elemental battle armor bounded across the field and climbed aboard a DRN3-O Dragoon as it paused long enough to pick them up before moving out to rejoin its lance.  While the brigade didn’t posses the numbers of tanks or infantry the sheer number of battle armor both the Elemental and Nighthawk suits would be devastating for the Lyrans.
   “SITREP.”  Briggs snapped out as he entered Tactical Operations Center – the TOC – established in a quick erect tent. 
   Briggs chief of staff Colonel Krystal Mayhew looked up from her data slate.  “Third Brigade has made contact with the Jaegers ten kilometers from the landing zone.  The battle is developing this is no probe.  General Garret is maneuvering a task force around the flank to fix them in place.  The twenty-fourth is holding a small rise five and a half kilometers west of us on the edge of a forest.” 
   Mayhew began accessing more information.  “Admiral Bantze reports that he can begin orbital bombardment of the enemy positions in the next ten minutes.”
   “Negative Colonel, we win this one on the ground.  Thor will not have his appearance today.  What do they have against us.  They couldn’t have assembled the whole RCT this fast unless they were all stationed together.”  Briggs ordered.
   “Yes sir.”  Mayhew acknowledged.  Reading from her data slate she continued.  “Sir, the Lyran Guards have the 2ND Donegal Armored Grenadiers and 344TH Heavy Armor.  For infantry they have the 212TH and 745TH Lyran infantry regiments along with the 9TH Lyran armored infantry.  The 87TH Lyran Recon, 57TH Lyran Infantry and 4TH Donegal Commando regiments have been spotted supported the 1ST Donegal Jaegers.”
   “Alright, lets get things started.”  Placing a headset on.  “Iron Horse Six this is Saber Six.  Execute, execute, execute.”
   A few seconds of silence was answered by.  “Saber Six, Iron Horse Six actual.  Confirmed execute, execute, execute.  Shot over.”
   Briggs began to smile over that last transmission.  “Shot out.”  He replied.

Just to the west of the brigade’s landing zone a Battery of Ballista II howitzers began firing.  The six guns barked several times before another battery to the east joined the first in its deadly symphony while a battery of Vali arrow IV vehicles began launching missiles towards the Lyran lines designated by Cephalus recon units, VTOLs and infantry.  Their targets were enemy artillery units, heavy vehicles and assault BattleMechs across the lines. 
   The rain of artillery and guided missiles sparked the conflagration which was expected.  Lyran artillery reached out in an attempt for counter battery fire.  Lyran Arrow IV equipped units launched missiles targeted on the locations of the Ballista batteries only to come up short when the Ballista II’s with their anti-missile systems networked through the vehicles Legion CEWS allowing for the weapons to roll back the barrage.  The Lyran gunners assumed that they had struck home when the guns were silenced. 
   To their displeasure the barrage resumed when two other batteries of six guns each began firing as the original batteries displaced to alternate firing positions.

Sergeant Pierre St. John watched from the cockpit of his DGN3-O Dragoon as the barrage resumed on the Lyran lines.  His lance mates were staggered along the line as he adjusted himself in the seat of his Prime configuration Dragoon.  He loved the new machine.  However, he wasn’t a stranger to OmniMech’s he piloted a DGN3-O Dragoon.  Utilizing the most advanced tech in the Hegemony particularly the new Ferro-Lamellor armor a mech scale version of the Lamellor Ferro-Carbine armor used on the latest Hegemony and Clan warships.
   St. John watched as his lance mates positioned their ‘Mech’s within the tree line.  Elemental and Nighthawk armored infantry moving forward as the brigades armor moved up behind the tanks. 
   St. John’s radio crackled to life.  “Guide-on’s, guide-on’s, guide-on’s this is Iron Horse-six actual.  Advance.”  Was all that was said, and St. John smiled. 
   “You heard the man.  Let’s do this.”  Lieutenant Wilma Jenkins – St. John’s lance commander – gave them the finale word to advance.  “Alright, forward by sections.  Protect the infantry. Let’s go.”  She ordered.
   St. John eye clicked the acknowledgement icon on his HUD.  He throttled forward and watched as the trees around him receded.  As his Dragoon broke free of the trees a squad of Elemental’s jumped aboard his ‘Mech.  He picked up a Lyran Wolfhoud in the distance and it was glowing yellow for his attention thanks to Lieutenant Jenkins designating it for him to target.  He twisted his torso slightly and let the targeting reticle drift over the now designated WLF-2 Wolfhound.  Flashing red St. John depressed his tertiary target interlock circuit and his powerful Kingslaughter H-Class ER PPC.   The bolt of lightening reached out and connected with the much smaller Wolfhound. 
   Watching as the light BattleMech staggered he monitored his weapons waiting for his PPC to recharge.  Five hundred meters out the Wolfhound replied.  A ruby ER Large Laser reached out and connected with the Dragoon an Elemental suit took most of the hit and fell away.  The suit was still moving St. John noticed.  That was good, that Trooper was out of this fight though.
   A tone sounded in St. John’s ear piece and he looked at his HUD seeing the PPC was recharged.  He drifted his reticle back over the Wolfhound and fired again.  The bolt of lightening reached out one more time.  This time the Wolfhound was ready and sidestepped taking a glancing blow off of his left shoulder.  Holding his reticle on target St. John hit his primary TIC firing his paired LB-X 10 autocannons.  The cluster munitions blasted the Wolfhound’s armor.  A flash of superheated plasma blasted from of the fusion reactors containment field.  St. John smiled to himself and selected a slug for his right autocannon and a cluster round for his left.  Zooming in on his targeting reticle he concentrated on the subsystems and the hole in the torso he had opened up.  His grin grew as he fired first the cluster round and watched more armor from around the breach get pulverized, the reactor flashing again.  Then he became dead serious.  Firing his slug straight into the damaged reactor of the Wolfhound St. John watched as the ‘Mech’s head rocketed away from the rest of the machine as it was engulfed in nuclear fire.  A dozen infantrymen around its feet vanished in the fireball. 
   As his lance approached the line he looked left and right and saw his full battalion on the march along with third battalion.  Second battalion was coming up behind in the second line to exploit any breaches in the enemies’ line.  As his company hit the line the battle suits jumped clear of his Dragoon.  The three remaining suits waded through a full platoon of Lyran infantry cutting them down before identifying a Rommel tank for their next target.  The armored infantry mopped up the infantry and fired their SRM’s at the tank.  The squad bounded forward firing their lasers with each bound.  Landing on the Rommel the troopers began ripping the tank apart. 
   St. John turned his attention to a Lyran Barghest that Jenkins was fighting in her GMR1-O Grimnir OmniMech.  The Barghest’s armor had taken a beating and the feeding mechanism for the massive LB-X 20 autocannon was failing to feed rounds into the weapon.  St. John laid his targeting reticle and unleashed his paired LB-X 10 autocannons into the flank of the quadruped chasing it with his ER Medium Lasers.  The lasers slagged a half ton of armor from the machines flank while the slugs from the autocannons broke armor and sent it falling to the ground in shards.
   A PPC reached out from outside of St. John’s view digging deep into the Barghest.  The Lyran BattleMech shuddered and froze.  “Well that did more than I expected it to.”  Sergeant Mitch Conner said in a chuckle over the lance net.  He stepped up alongside St. John’s Dragoon in his BTL1-O Battleborne medium OmniMech halted next to him as his squad of Elemental suits blasted off of his ‘Mech and bounded away into the battle.  “Let’s put this one down boss.”  He said over the net to Jenkins.
   All three ‘Mechs targeted the Lyran and fired.  St. John led off with a PPC, same with Conner.  Jenkins fired both of her left arm Large Lasers searching out the Barghest’s ammo bin.  The autocannon ammunition exploded ripping the Lyran BattleMech apart.
   “Alright you ******’s, lets reform.  Looks like the rest of the Company Team is meeting stiff resistance.  Form up into lance wedge and let’s get our battle armor back aboard so we can make up time.”  Jenkins ordered.  The Lance paused long enough for the four squads of battle armor to jump back aboard, then moved out.  The fourth member of their lance was Sergeant Emilio Sanchez in a second Battleborne OmniMech.  The fighting to the north was intense as the main bodies of both converging armies met.

The battered and scared Osteon stepped out from a strand of trees.  A smoking Zeus laying at its feet.  His command lance having lost one of his Osteon G’s to blitz of enemy assault machines.  Having had to be bailed out by a company centered on his India company.  Thankfully they were preparing to be the heavy spear through the Jaegers line until they Jaegers acted first.
   His Osteon limped into the regimental support area as a Battery of Ballista II’s unleashed their devastating fire on a distant target.  Coming to a rest near a mobile field gantry Major Holland unbuckled his restraints removed his neuro-helmet and opened his cockpit.  Descending the retractable ladder to the ground he made his way over to the Brigade headquarters which was also doubling as the regimental headquarters during the support units leapfrog forward as the “Greywolf” brigade rolled the Jaegers back. 
   Stepping into the tent he found Colonel McGregor and Brigadier General Sheen were worked over a field holo-tank.  McGregor looked up and waved Holland over.  “Holland, over here.”
   Stepping up he could see Holland was covered in sweat from the heat buildup during battle.  “Tom, I have a mission for you.”  He said when he got closer. 
   “What we got sir?”  Holland asked as he stepped up.
   “I need you to conduct an airmobile op.  I want to build a taskforce around your battalion and move you behind the lines and have you come in to cut off the Jaegers retreat into these mountains.  If they get up into there it will be months before we can get them out of there.” General Sheen stated.
   “Very well sir what am I getting?”  Holland asked. 
   “You’re getting enough Chinook’s to lift the entire battalion plus armored infantry.  You’ll get a composite battalion with two companies each of both Nighthawk and Elemental suits.  And a mixed company of armor.  You’ll have two Fury platoons and a platoon of LRM-AV Carrier’s to provide a support by fire position.”  Sheen briefed. 
   “Yes sir.”  Holland said leaning over the holo-projection.  “I take it you want me to ground here?”  He said looking up towards General Sheen and Colonel McGregor.
   “That’s right Tom.”  McGregor said.  “I’m going to push forward with the rest of the regiment and Colonel Stanley will roll up the flank with the 97TH Armored.” 
   “I want you to pin them in place.  Until we can smash them.  I want to crush the Jaegers.  Maybe it will make the Guards surrender.  Second Brigade is already preparing to ground and move in to support First Brigade.”  Sheen reported.  “We need to finish this fight without commiting Second Brigade here.  We need to show the Lyran’s that two of our Brigades can face a full RCT and a supported Jaegers regiment.  If we don’t then they won’t fear us when we arrive at Tharkad or anywhere else in the Inner Sphere.” 
   Holland thought about it for a minute.  “You got it sir.”  Pointing to a spot in the projection.  “The Jaegers will not cross this line.” 

Major Holland watched as the damage to his Osteon was repaired and the tech’s swapped out pods converting it into the B configuration.  Three ER Large Lasers and a pair Improved Heavy Large Lasers are the primary weapons on this configuration with a large vibroblade will ruin any MechWarrior’s day when they close to melee range.
   Ascending the ladder Holland entered the cockpit strapping himself into the command couch and placing his Neuro-Helmet onto his head activating the system.  Plugging the external leads into his melt mounted microcomputer and pumps he felt the familiar tingling of millions of worms crawling around his body as the coolant began to circulate.  Activating a switch over his head the cockpit sealed itself and he finished booting up the ‘Mech.
   Looking off towards where his battalion was assembling Holland set off in that direction.  His Third Battalion was the heaviest in the regiment.  The two assault companies and one of light ‘Mech’s would allow him some flexibility in the coming fight.  He made it over to the battalion after a few minutes and looked around twenty-eight OmniMech’s were ready to fight.  He had a few total losses most were just out of the fight and needed to be repaired.  He had lost a few pilots as well, those would be the hardest to deal with.  He watched as the armored infantry loaded up in the Chinook’s and then lift off to hover over a OmniMech.  Extending their lift hoists and arms they began picking up the battalion lifting off and turning towards the east.  Already a company of Vector II’s were scouting the route.
   Activating the Battalion all hands NET Holland addressed his taskforce.  “Listen-up Taskforce, you have all been briefed by your company commanders, so I won’t bore you with the details.  Change one-thousand and one though.”  He said knowing there were chuckles and outright laughter across the taskforce.  “Major N’Buta will be my XO and should I fall will take command of this operation.  Now let’s end this fight.”
   The flight in to the insertion point was uneventful.  A flight of Lyran VTOLs was discovered and dispatched by the VTOL company conducting the recon.  Time was of the essence now.  The lumbering Chinook’s had to make it to the LZ before the Jaegers realized what was happening and did something that would disrupt the plan.  Fifteen minutes later his Chinook was detaching from him and the ramp to the troop bay was lowering and out jumped six Elementals.  With the losses his own battalion had taken and those of the battle armor he was only able to deploy 168 troopers.  He was overloading his light ‘Mechs by making them carry six troopers each but they wouldn’t have to do it long. 
   The troopers landed on the ground and then bounded back up to land on his ‘Mech grabbing on to the pod connectors.  Hollands 85ton Osteon began marching towards the blocking position he was about to establish.  His India company with their light OmniMech’s pushed out to secure the ground.  Mixed up in his remaining force of Assault OmniMech’s was a mixed company of Fury and LRM-AV Carrier’s.  the force reached the designated blocking position fifteen minutes later and began establishing their position.

First Leutnant James McBride was the last senior office left alive in his battalion.  He didn’t know how the Hegemony had done it but they managed to target and eliminate most of the senior officers in the regiment.  McBride was ordering two squads of Grey Death Scout armor forward to clear the path all of the regiments Fenrir suits had been destroyed or abandoned already.  He was about to order the lighter vehicles into the gap to support the scouts. 
   That was when the missile warning alert began sounding in the cockpit of his Falconer he looked up in horror.  Two-hundred and forty Artemis V enhanced missiles from four separate launchers were inbound on his BattleMech.  If it wasn’t the missiles that killed him or the ten gauss slugs from the company of Fury’s on the ridgeline.  Leutnant McBride died knowing that he failed in his mission of finding a way off the battle for regiment.
   Two hours later Colonel Amy Smith commander of the 1ST Donegal Jaegers surrendered to Brigadier General Sheen.  The next day Colonel Sabine Steiner of the 24TH Lyran Guards Regimental Combat Team surrendered to Major General Briggs ending the battle for Donegal. 

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 10 July 2019, 18:41:58 »
Chapter Three
Part 1

FCS Melissa Steiner-Davion
Nadir Jump Point, Donegal System
Donegal March, Lyran State Command
Federated Commonwealth
15 May 3064

The majestic grace of the nine-hundred-thousand-ton warship drifted elegantly in middle of the of the gathering fleet.  Two full battlegroups of FedCom warships held position, six of the latest warships built in the Federated Suns State.  The Avalon-class cruisers FCS Lucien Davion and FCS Robert Davion supported by four Fox-class corvettes Fox, Intrepid, Antrim and Robinson constituted the newest and most advanced ships in the FedCom Fleet arrayed at Donegal.  Floating with the FedCom Fleet was two squadrons of the Hegemony navy.  The 11TH Battle Squadron deploying the McKenna-class THS Renewed Valor, Ark Royal-class Illustrious, Luxor-class Courageous and Glorious, Lola III-class Roger Young and John Paul Jones, and the Davion III-class destroyers Achilles, Cerberus, Alexander and Heracles.  The 13TH Transport Squadron deployed the Potemkin-class transports San Diego and Montgomery, Robinson IIb-class assault transports Tarawa and Iwo Jima escorted by the Aegis-class Heavy Cruisers Iron Duke and Audacious.
   The sheer size of the fleet dwarfed most powers navies.  Jointly crewed by Hegemony and FedCom personnel, Duke Ryan traded long lost fleet assets to the FedCom in exchange for something that was not made privy to anyone but the Duke and the Archon-Prince.  Eight Mako-class corvettes, two Commonwealth-class light cruisers, two New Syrtis-class carriers and the FCS Melissa Steiner-Davion a Tharkad-class battlecruiser built by the Terran Hegemony-in-Exile and placed into storage should they ever need to execute false flag operations to blame either the Lyran Commonwealth or the Federated Suns. 
   With the Melissa Steiner-Davion serving as his flagship Archon Prince Victor Ian Steiner-Davion watched the gathered fleet preparing for the jump to Tharkad.  The finale meeting of the commanders was over, Marshal Alistair Venger commander of the Federated Commonwealth Corps would lead the initial assault with the whole of the FedCom Corps.  The 1ST, 2ND, 3RD, 5TH, 6TH, 7TH, 8TH and 12TH FedCom RCT’s would lead the vanguard onto Tharkad.  8 Regimental combat teams supported by the 10TH Lyran Guards and the Davion Heavy Guards were bound to be enough.  If not the 1ST Cavalry and 101ST Jump Infantry Divisions of the HAF both OmniMech equipped Divisions would fight in a reserve role. 
   Intelligence placed the 1ST and 2ND Royal Guards, 1ST Alarion Jaegers, 11TH Arcturan Guards and ComStar’s 66TH Division which was showing signs of defending the Archon.  Setup to be the largest battle since Tukayyid, Tharkad would be bloody.  Most of the Alliance Fleet was missing presumed at Tharkad, Four Fox-class corvettes the LAS Katrina Steiner, LAS Robert Marsden, LAS Angela Franks and the LAS Illustrious – which was in the Lyran half of the commonwealth under a Lyran born commander when Katherine removed the Lyran State – are supporting the Mjolnir-class battlecruiser LAS Yggdrasil
   Victor watched the jump clock count down, two minutes left before the fleet jump straight to one of Tharkad’s LaGrange points.  Thirty-five warships, ten regimental combat teams, two divisions and a total of eighteen BattleMech regiments, thirty-six armor regiments, sixty-three infantry regiments of various types and dozens of supporting specelist regiments such as VTOL, engineers military police and artillery.  Thirty-six aerospace fighter wings support the ground forces alone, not counting the hundreds of fighters operating from the carriers and other warships of the fleet.
   “Attention all hands jumping in 3…2…1…jump, jump, jump.”  The klaxon sounded three times and the world flashed into brilliant blue energy.  Replaced by nothingness and freefall as the battlecruiser arrived and sensors began crawling out to map the surroundings. 
   Victor watched as the repeater on the flag bridge updated.  With him Fleet Admiral Buchwald commanded the entire joint fleet with his second in command being Admiral William Halsey aboard the Renewed Valor coordinated the jump in and fleet deployment.  He listened to the communications teams coordinating the already preplanned deployment as each ship jumped in.  The Corvettes all jumped in right after the Melissa.  The Twelve corvettes fanned out and awaited the rest of the fleet. 
   Continuing to watch the sheer power at his disposal deploy he turned his eyes upon the world he spent most of his life upon.  Tharkad was his home in every sense of the word.  Raised almost exclusively on Tharkad, attending the Nagelring and spending only a year as an exchange student with the New Avalon Military Academy.  He was home.  Home.
   “Admiral, status?”  Victor asked Fleet Admiral Alistair Buchwald.
   Looking up from his console Admiral Buchwald made eye contact with his Archon-Prince.  “Highness, the warships are all in system and maneuvering.  The Melissa is about to begin maneuvering into the center of the task force.  The transports will begin arriving in the next thirty minutes to give us time to clear out of here.  The Renewed Valor is sending reports back to the transports almost constantly.  The pickets have detected the Lyran Fleet they are holding position near Tharkad almost directly over the capital.”
   Victor looked down at his repeater.  Seeing the positions of the Lyran fleet he thought about the situation.  He felt the minor bursts of maneuvering thrusters as they aligned the ship towards Tharkad.  Then he was pressed back into the seat as the main drives kicked in.  The two Commonwealth light cruisers joined up with the Melissa Steiner-Davion as the fleet pressed forward.  Having received the two cruisers from Duke Michael Ryan as part of an agreement which had not been fully settled Victor wondered if it would come to bite him in return.  Upon receiving the cruisers, he named them to inspire confidence in the Federated Commonwealth.  The FCS Götterdämmerung and FCS Rat named after the two main operations of the Fourth Succession War which were the greatest campaigns of both halves of the Commonwealth and signaled the strength that both nations could present. 
   The fleet would take nearly a day to close on Tharkad and its defenders unless they came out to meet him.  He could already see in orbit the five warships of the Alliance fleet along with several dozen assault DropShips.  He knew there were more on the surface waiting to launch and probably two dozen fighter wings spread through the entire force.  Victor shook his head again.
   “Well Alistair, I hope they don’t fight.  I don’t want to kill our own people.”  He said that just loud enough for everyone to hear so he could gage their responses.  He knew there were some who wanted a clean break with the Lyran’s.  To return to the days of the Federated Suns, even he agreed to going back to the Suns rank system at the minimum, but the combination was developed to join the two realms closer.  He noticed a couple looks but dismissed them.  He hoped they would not prove to be a problem or that there were not many more of them.  A few who were discontent with what they were doing was one thing, the majority would just kill this upon arrival. 
   “Me to Highness.  I don’t subject myself to the urges of murder.  That is exactly what it would be if they chose to fight.”  Buchwald stated with disgust.  “Our brothers and sisters in the Lyran state are smart for the most part but a lot of their leadership historically has been lacking.  If they would just accept what we are trying to show them as we have taken what works from their military and combined it with our forces we only got better.”
   Victor nodded his agreement.  “It’s good to be home though.  I grew up here.  Attended the academy here.  I Love New Avalon as much as any native, but this is home.”
   “I understand sire.”  Buchwald responded.

Eighteen hours later the fleet was just minutes away from launching aerospace fighters.  Victor was preparing to address the fleet and the ground forces closing just an hour behind the combat fleet.  Victor watched as the various squadrons and battlegroups reformed for the fight.  The carrier group consisting of the massive Ark Royal-class THS Illustrious, the New Syrtis-class FCS Pendragon and FCS Red Knight and escorted by the Lola III-class destroyers THS Roger Young and THS John Paul Jones began launching fighters the carriers alone would launch four-hundred and fifty-six aerospace fighters alone. 
   “Highness, we are receiving a signal from the palace.  It’s addressed to you personally.”  Colonel Mark Simmons, Victor’s staff communications officer reported from his station. 
   “Put it on Mark.”  Victor commanded.  What he got completely surprised him. 
   The image of a person he did not expect to see flashed to life on the flag bridge monitors.  Katherine Morgan Steiner-Davion, Archon of the Lyran Alliance, murder of his mother appeared upon the screen.  She smiled into the pickup and her voice came through like a long-lost family member had just shown up in town. “What Victor, you don’t write, you don’t visit.  It has been too long.  Tell your friends to wipe their feet before they come in.  I’ll move my things out of your room since you’ve come home.  I hope that I’ve done well keeping things running since you have been gone.  Welcome home.”
   The image winked out to the utter silence in the compartment.  The silence hung in the air for minutes and then.  “What the ******?”  Victor caught himself saying in shock. 
   “Highness, we are intercepting a message being transmitted from Tharkad to all Alliance forces in the system.”  Simmons reported as he put his hand to his ear to better hear the transmission.  The look upon his face brought Victor up short.
   “Well what is it Mark.”  Victor demanded.
   “Sir listen for yourself.”  He said and depressed a button on his panel.
   “I repeat.  I repeat.  All Alliance forces stand down.  By order of the Archon and the General of the Armies, the Lyran Alliance Armed Forces are not to take any hostile action against legitimate FedCom forces operating in the theater.  All Alliance military personal will comply with any and all orders directed to them by the legitimate authority of the Archon-Prince, Marshal of the Armies or any designated authority in their absence.  Alliance naval forces prepare for boarding teams to inspect all ships.  This is Asgard command out.  I repeat…”
   Victor just stared at his communications officer.  Snapping out of it he turned to Buchwald.  “Alistair order the fleet to come to a stop.  Reform and protect the transports.  I want boarding teams dispatched to the Alliance ships and have them escorted.  A fighter wing to each along with enough marines to either take the ship or fight their way back off the ship.”
   Buchwald began issuing orders.  “Aye sir.”  He defaulted forgetting to address his liege appropriately.  Victor dismissed it as he was in shock and never really cared for it.
   Victor’s stomach lurched as the Melissa flipped end over and began breaking hard.  The fleet had come to rest within missile range but just outside of most weapons of the Alliance ships.  The Admiral had already designated Marines for boarding operations and the FedCom carriers began spewing fighters and boarding craft towards the Alliance ships.

Victor held his forces in orbit for a full day.  He selected sites across the planet for his forces to ground.  Marshal Venger volunteered to ground with the 1ST and 2ND FedCom RCT’s at the Tharkad Spaceport.  The 10TH Lyran and Davion Heavy Guards were on standby to drop and reinforce the FedCom Corps RCTs should the Alliance defenders decide to fight.  It would be eventual suicide as he had already taken the warships and ordered the DropShips to the jump points until he had Katherine in custody.
   Victor watched as Marshal Venger’s battlegroup grounded at the Tharkad City Spaceport.  The first out of the ships were nearly four battalions of armored infantry gathered from the entire FedCom Corps to provide a secure landing zone and to counter the 1ST Royal Tharkad Battle Armor Regiment.  In orbit the Second Cavalry Brigade was ready to drop its armored infantry from orbit in order to reinforce the landings at Tharkad City. 
   The chime to his quarters went off.  “Enter.”  Victor said, and the voice activated system opened the door to his stateroom opened.  In walked Jerrard Cranston his personal aide.  “Is it time?”  He asked his old friend.  The man who had once been Galen Cox. 
   “Yes, it is time.”  Jerrard answered.
   “Well I can wait.”  Victor stated as he leveled his gaze at one of his oldest friends. 
   “Uh, for what Victor?”  Jerrard asked.
   “For you to become Galen again my friend.  It is long since time for you to become the man whom my Sister tried to kill.”  Victor stated to the shock of his long-time friend.  Galen had become closer than even Kai or Hohiro had ever been.  “Galen, you need to land on the surface with me as who you truly are.”
   Galen stood there in shock for several moments.  He had long discounted the thought of ever being Galen again.  He had loved Katherine, he still loved Katherine.  But he would never have turned on Victor and she knew it.  That is why Katherine had ordered his death.  Galen raised his head and looked at his old friend.  “I will be right back.”  He said turning to leave.
   “Wait.”  Victor said and walked across the room to a locker and pulled out valet bag.  Walking over he handed it to Galen.  “When you do come back put this on.”
   Galen opened the zipper and looked inside.  He looked up and locked eyes wide.  “Say good bye to Jerrard Cranston.  You won’t see him again.”  Galen said as he stepped from the room.
   “Good bye Jerrard, you served me well.  But by God it will be good to have my old friend back.”  Victor said to himself as the door slid closed.
« Last Edit: 10 July 2019, 18:51:41 by Kasaga »

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: 10 July 2019, 19:53:30 »
two can plan at that game is seems.  Kat is soooo not going to like seeing him again. 

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #16 on: 11 July 2019, 21:13:58 »
Now here's a fun little reunion
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 14 July 2019, 11:21:42 »
Part 2

Tharkad City Spaceport
Tharkad City, Tharkad
Donegal March, Lyran State
Federated Commonwealth
16 May 3064

The ramp lowered from Victor’s Mk VIIB Landing craft provided with the FCS Melissa Steiner-Davion when the ship was transferred to the FedCom.  All that the AFFC had to do was provide fighter wings and a cadre crew to go along with the THAF crews. In order to begin training on how to operate the ship.  As Victor Descended the ramp a joint honor guard of Royal Guardsmen and 1ST Davion Royal Guards were arrayed along the path to Victor’s ground car.
   With Victor inside the armored car and escorted by a lance of heavy ‘Mechs from the 1ST FedCom and a mixed company of infantry and light armor.  Overhead he knew he had at least a wing of aerospace fighters and most likely a lance of attack VTOLs if not more.  He also knew that the Davion Heavy Guards and his Revenants were in orbit ready to begin combat dropping BattleMechs and Armored Infantry. 
   The thirty-minute drive to the Triad was completed when they pulled into the grand entryway to the Royal Palace.  On both sides of the stairs leading up into the were the Palace Guards.  At the top of the stairs stood his aunt and General of the Armies Nondi Steiner.  Next to her self-decreed Archon of the Lyran Alliance, Katrina Steiner as she had been calling herself.  Her real name, Katherine Morgan Steiner-Davion.  The woman responsible for sundering the Federated Commonwealth in ’57, absconding with the Lyran State of his realm and denying him the resources and troops needed to counter the joint Marik and Liao invasions of the Sarna March.  If Duke Ryan and the Terran Hegemony-in-Exile hadn’t jumped in to stop the invasion and counter attack he would have lost the entire march and then some. 
   He reached the top of the stairs with his entourage and came to a stop.  Katherine smiled at him and it caused him to shudder.  “Welcome Brother, so glad you could finally find time to come home.  Sorry if I redecorated a little but well its not that hard to change it all back.”  Katherine said to Victor.
   “Katherine.”  He said trying not to cause a scene.  Turning to his aunt.  “Aunt Nondi, contrary to some’s beliefs I am happy to see you.”  Victor said looking towards Katherine as he said it.  “My aid has a briefing for you with several intelligence officers which I would like for you to hear out and then examine the evidence for yourself.”
   This drew looks from both Katherine and Nondi.  “Evidence of what Brother dear?”  Katherine inquired.
   “Of the party responsible for the attempted murder of one Galen Cox and Morgan Kell.  For the Murders of Duchess Salome Ward and of your mother the Archon Melissa Steiner-Davion.”  The voice snapped Katherines head around and stepped from behind Victors short frame but having remained behind several of Victors staff the face of her long lost lover and fiancé Galen Cox appeared.  “Hello Katherine.  I have missed you.”  He said honestly and sorrowful.
   “Galen.”  She gasped.  “You are dead.”  She said more forceful. 
   “I survived.”  Galen shrugged.  “It was my idea to remain in hiding as Jerrard Cranston and lead the investigation into the Archon’s murder.  We caught your assassin Katherine.  He led us to Ryan Steiner which led us to you.” 
   “It took us awhile to gather all of the actual evidence to implicate you.  The sale of real state to pay for everything was a great idea except you used Steiner property and while you took over the Alliance and drew from the accounts for your personal expenses the property was still owned by myself.”  Victor revealed. 
   Turning back to his aunt.  “General Steiner, I charge you with placing Katherine Steiner-Davion into protective custody securing her within the Palace until such a time that you have reviewed the evidence.  I recommend leaving this out of the media for now if we ever let them in on it.  Bring anyone in that you want.”
   General of the Armies Nondi Steiner was furious as she stared down at her great nephew.  Turning to her grand niece and Victor could see the fire burning in her eyes.  “Sergeant Parker!”  She snapped.
   One of the Lyran guards stepped forward from the Archon’s escort.  A Lyran Staff Sergeant from the looks of his rank Victor realized.  Well here we go.  Victor thought.  As the trooper in his immaculate uniform stopped just to the right of Nondi.
   “Ma’am.”  Parker snapped.  His crisp Tharkan accent making the word sound harsher than he meant it. 
   “Sergeant Parker, place Duchess Katherine Steiner-Davion under house arrest.”  Nondi began turning to face her niece.  “She is confined to her rooms and the only visitors she will have will either be myself, the Archon-Prince or Marshal Cox.”  She commanded. 
   The look of betrayal on Katherines face made a little part of Victor’s soul both brighten and saddened at the same time.

Archon-Prince Victor Steiner-Davion and General of the Armies Nondi Steiner sat across from each-other in the Generals private office.  The tension in the air was think as Nondi read over the contents of the file Galen Cox had prepared.  She slowly read over every page all of the statements collected.  Outside the door were four “intelligence officers” waiting to give her their firsthand information.
   She stopped and looked at Victor.  “Send them in.”  She commanded.
   Victor nodded.  “Agent Curaitis.”  Victor called out. 
   The door opened. In stepped four people in plain clothes.  Three men and one woman. 
   “Nondi, I know that you know both Agent Curaitis and Director Hauser of the Bodians.  This Gentleman is with Heimdall and he won’t give us his name.”  Victor introduced the first three. 
   Nondi looked shaken from just the first second two that were introduced.  She knew Curaitis from before the split.  She also knew Hauser as he was responsible for the training of the LIC’s personnel.  “Hauser?”  She asked
   “Ma’am, I was never for the split in the Commonwealth.  I did nothing to degrade the capabilities of the Alliance.  However, I could not sit by when I came across evidence of Katherine’s crimes.”  Hauser reported.
   Nondi nodded.  It was too late to do anything about the past.  If this is all a farce she would do something about the future though.  Before Victor could introduce by name the young woman standing with them she already knew her by another name.  “Amanda Meyer, the Archon’s aide.”  She said with contempt.
   “Amanda yes, Meyer no.”  She began.  “Amanda McQuiston, Hegemony Central Intelligence.  Of the House McQuiston, rightful rulers of the Federation of Skye.  But I’m not contesting it.  My Family has been guests of the Ryan family for centuries so its alright.”  Amanda McQuiston stated. 
   The statement shocked Nondi Steiner to the core.  “McQuiston you said?”  And the General received a nod.  “And after all this time the McQuiston family was in the Terran Hegemony?” 
   “Yes and no.  The remains of my family traveled to the Hegemony and then after a few years went into Project LEGION.”  Amanda stated.  “But that’s not the reason I was imbedded into the Commonwealth.”
   Nondi sat for a moment.  Nodding to herself.  “Ok Agent Curaitis, let’s hear what you have to say.”
   “I’ll leave you all to it.”  Victor said standing up.  “Aunt Nondi, this really does turn my stomach and I’ve heard it enough.”
   Nondi Steiner just gave her nephew a look.  As he walked out of the office.
   When Victor stepped into the hallway he was met by Galen Cox.  “What do we got Galen?”  He asked.
   “The 1ST Royal Guards are refusing to stand down and allow Marshal Venger’s people into their bases without orders from the Archon.  The 2ND is still in the field and hasn’t returned to base and the 1ST Alarion Jaegers have moved into New Jerusalem and are not complying with orders from anyone.  Not even General Steiner is able to get them to stand down.”  Galen reported. 
   “And what of the Arcturan Guards?”  Victor asked.
   “There’s one ray of sunshine there.”  Galen half smiled.  “The 11TH Arcturan Guards have retired to their temporary base at the Nagelring.  The 8TH and 12TH FedCom RCT’s are currently handling security for the 11TH.  The 1ST and 2ND RCT’s have the 1ST Guards surrounded at the moment its tense.  I’m not even sure they will listen to General Steiner if they decide to take us while we are here in the Palace.”
   “Who do we have covering the 2ND Guards?”  Victor asked.
   “The 3RD and 5TH RCTs.  They are moving with them as they move through the Methow Valley.  The Revenants are holding position above them with a Battalion ready to drop at any time.”  Galen answered.
   “I hope none of this is needed Galen.”  Victor said a touch of sadness in his tone.
   “Me too Highness.”  Galen agreed.
   The two walked through the Tharkan Royal Palace passing the guards drawn from the very 1ST Royal Guards that he was trying to get to stand down until he could be sure of their loyalty.  Victor refused to order them to stand down showing that he trusted Guards regiments.  He didn’t say anything about the eight regimental combat teams shadowing all of the Loyalist defenders.  Or the Two RCT’s and 2 Divisions of troops in orbit. 
   One thing Galen did not comment on was the fact that the 101ST Jump Infantry Division was poised to drop on the 66TH ComGuard Division should they try and kick off the fight everyone in the allied camp was trying to avoid.
   Victor and Galen reached the suit of rooms reserved for the Archon-Prince and he nodded to Tiaret Nevversan his Clan Elemental Body guard.  She initially refused to remain in the wing of the palace reserved for Victor and his entourage.  After Victor convinced her that he needed to convince the Royal Guard that he trusted them – even if he didn’t – then she could protect the quarters of all of his people in the Tharkan Palace.  This way they were sure there were no surprises or listening devices in their rooms. 
   Taking seats, the two began going over future operational plans.  “Should we begin planning for our future operations in support of the Hegemony?”  Galen inquired. 
   “Yes, but I want those units tagged from the Draconis and Crucis marches prepared to move as well as the reserves we had in place for our move into the Alliance.”  Victor ordered as he watched.  “Are these rumors of the Free Worlds Fleet accurate?”
   “It’s shaping up that way.  The Hegemony and our own MIIO have been seeing larger numbers of the League fleet then they are reporting.”  Galen confirmed nodding.  “Its looking like the Word of Blake may have a number of ships that they have been putting into service.  I’m really worried what these numbers could do if they are accurate.”
   Victor nodded his agreement.  They continued working up tentative plans for deployments over the next two hours.  A knock at the door snapped the pair out of their planning.  The door opened to admit Admiral Halsey and Major General Briggs the Hegemony’s senior officers assigned to Victor’s staff.  Four other Divisions and a half dozen independent regiments were all reinforcing the FedCom’s Terran Corridor as well as providing garrisons for several new staging areas on the worlds of Thorin, Murphid and Zaniah. 
   “Archon-Prince, we have received reports of movement.”  Admiral Halsey reported.
   “Where?”  Victor asked.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 27 July 2019, 02:45:51 »
Chapter Four
Part One

Lupus Majoris Naval Station
LaGrange Point 2, Arc-Royal
Federated Commonwealth
20 June 3064

Star Admiral Ricard Fetladral stood on the command deck of the truly massive station.  Having been placed into operation over several years thanks to the assistance of the Hegemony in exchange for technical assistance and other promises on both sides.  The Lupus Majoris was a Peterson-class naval station upgraded and converted where needed.  Normally equipped with 324 small craft and fighters the station was altered to take on 216 Mk. 39 “Voidseeker” series drone fighters and supported by a wing of fifty-four aerospace fighters.  Fifty-four small craft complete the stations light craft compliment.  The Peterson was to be converted to carry Clan standard organizations but as the base is the single greatest defensive asset for the system it has become a joint Wolf-in-Exile and Kell Hounds base.  Of the Fifty-Four docking collars on the station eighteen of them are reserved for M-3 Drones used for the station and planets self-defense. 
   Combined with the stations already awesome firepower the Peterson provides Arc-Royal with the defensive capabilities needed to assist both the Wolves with maintaining their fleet in the numerous repair slips, but also the Lyran state in defending a key world along the border with Clan Jade Falcon.  Star Admiral Ricard Fetladral commands the Wolf Fleet and his headquarters is aboard Lupus Majoris.
   Watching the readouts, he looked around as his staff a combination of Wolf Warriors, technicians and laborers combined with personnel of the Kell Hounds, Lyran Alliance – now Federated Commonwealth he guessed – and civilian contractors all worked together to bring the battle station up to speed.  One of his greatest surprises was when one of the civilian contracts had challenged a Wolf Warrior to a Trial of Position in commanding the drone fighters.  The two fought unaugmented in zero-g.  After the trial the contractor and informed Fetladral’s warrior that he had been a Terran Marine quickly making him his second in command of the drones in order to teach him about the system before he conducted a pro-forma Trial of Position to give the Star Captain his job back after six months. 
   The Star Admiral watched as the three massive Potemkin’s of the Hegemony fleet departed along with the Ark Royal-class carrier Enterprise departed under escort back to the mysterious Hegemony homeworlds after the carrier had delivered the drone fighters to the station and remained along with the station itself.  They had been a fixture in the system for the past year while the station was assembled, and the crews trained.  What remained in the system was equally impressive were the warships of Task Force 4.1 under Vice Admiral Linda Lockwood.  The Texas-class Battleship THS California was escorted by Aegis-class Heavy Cruisers Resolution and Implacable.  The Cameron-class Battlecruiser THS Alexander Kerensky supported by the Avalon-class cruisers Port Royal and Anzio completed the force that remained in Arc-Royal.  The ships left were eight Davion III-class destroyers.  Returning to the Hegemony Homeworlds escorting the now empty Enterprise and the three Potemkin’s which delivered the Hegemony’s promised station. 
   “Well Star Admiral, this station continues to impress me each time I board her.”  A voice said from behind startling Ricard.
   Turning around he smiled at the speaker.  “Khan Kell.  I was not informed of your arrival.”  Ricard said a little unnerved.
   “What I cannot visit one of our own stations without fanfare quineg?”  Khan Phelan Kell inquired.
   “Aff, my Khan.  Of course, you may come without sending word.  There will never be anything so out of place as to show that we are doing nothing but our duty here.”  Ricard stood ramrod straight.  “What brings you to Lupus Majoris my Khan?”
   Phelan looked past him to the view of the Hegemony Task Force outside.  “Them.”
   Turning around he looked.  “The Terran ships?”  Ricard asked puzzled.
   “They are not Terrans Ricard.  But they do hold the promise of rebuilding the Hegemony maybe even with Terra as the capital.”  Phelan stated.  “But yes, they are why I am here.  Admiral Lockwood will assist us in our deployments to counter the Jade Falcons.  We have trialed for and won the use of these ships for the coming campaign.”
   “Well, this will certainly help our forces even the odds against the Falcons.  However, we could just big away warships.”  Ricard stated.  Phelan noticing a hint of sadness in his voice should that contingency take place.
   “No, my friend.  You get your wish.  All landings will be contested.  No safcon will be granted for landings, we may grant safcon for withdraws.  By order of the Archon-Prince.”  Phelan stated.
   Ricard perked up at that.  “Your orders my Khan?”
   “Valiant and Killing Blow remain here to respond to any deep strikes and to reinforce the defense grid.  Everything else moves forward with the Touman.”  Phelan ordered.  “Time to pluck some feathers.”

Lyran State Command Center
Triad, Tharkad
Federated Commonwealth

General of the Armies Nondi Steiner watched as Victors staff entered the Alliance command center.  She still thought of it as that.  She hadn’t made an official decision as to the evidence Victor had brought.  He even had insisted that she was the Regent in Katherine’s absence until she made a decision.  She had been through the evidence countless times.  Had spoken to the agents Victor had brought forward.  Every time she could believe it all.  But she didn’t want to.  She didn’t want to believe that she supported the murderer of her niece Archon Melissa Steiner-Davion.  Who could kill their own mother she had wondered when Katherine had brought that trash pile of evidence to suggest Victor had ordered the assassination, and killing Salome Ward and maiming cousin and long-time friend Morgan Kell at the same time?  No, She couldn’t believe that. 
   It was then that Nondi Steiner had made her decision.  She had remained hidden in her office.  She depressed a button and in walked her aid.  Leutnant-General Claus Hoffman froze in his steps.  “General?”
   “You have addressed me improperly Claus.”  She said looking up from her reports.  “Now please go and get the Archon-Prince if you would.”
   Hoffman clicked his heals and turned without word.  Making his way through the throng of officers both Lyran and Davion and even a few of the Hegemony type floating around he approached the Archon-Prince.  Reaching his side as he leaned over the holo-table selecting several stars and opening up the information windows for each of them showing troop concentrations and other things like population and such.  “Sire, General Steiner requests your presence in her office please.” 
   Victor looked up from his musings at the Leutnant-General.  “Lead on General.”  Victor said as he looked from the officer towards Nondi Steiner’s office.  The pair walked to the office where Nondi’s aide remained at the door.  Victor entered the office and froze.  “Well.”
   Standing from behind her desk the General of the Armies of the Lyran Alliance stood not in her Lyran uniform but in the uniform of a Field Marshal of the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth’s Lyran State Command.  “Field Marshal Steiner reports for duty Highness.”  She said a little strained. 
   Victor nodded.  “You are not wearing the appropriate rank.”  He reached into his dress uniform pocket and removed a pair of epaulets from his pocket.  Handing them over they were the gold version of the Field Marshal rank, for Marshal of the Armies of the Federated Commonwealth. 
   Nondi looked down at them and looked back up at Victor.  “I cannot serve as your Marshal Victor.  I just want to retire now.”
   Victor exhaled and looked up at his great aunt.  The sister of his grandmother Katrina Steiner.  “Aunt Nondi, you cannot leave the Commonwealth, Lyran or Federated before this current threat with the Falcons is over.”
   Nondi sat back down the look of sad resignation upon her face.  “Jackson will make a fine Marshal of the Armies.”  Victor looked to interrupt.  “Look Victor, I was about to retire when Katherine succeeded and created the Alliance.  I want to retire.  I will remain on as commander of the Lyran State if you want me to.  Just long enough to appoint a successor.  But I will not take over the AFFC as a whole.”
   “I’ve been giving thought to a successor to the Lyran state command.  Stay with me as my Marshal and help us stop this incursion and you can retire the Hero of the Commonwealth that you have always been.”  Victor motioned towards the chair opposite the desk and Nondi nodded.  “I know you blame the Suns and my Father for not doing enough to stop the clans.  I know that he tried.  There was nothing we could do, and we had to trade space for time.  But we can stand toe to toe with them now as long as we have competent leadership.  And quite honestly other than Morgan, Phelan and Adam out on the Falcon border there isn’t much senior leadership that I trust to run this fight.”     
   “Victor…”  Nondi started to say leaning forward.
   Victor waved her down.  “No, look here.  You are respected by the Lyran’s and the Davion troops that are stationed in the Alliance.  I trust you.  While you won’t be out fighting the battles, you will be coordinating and planning with the rest of us.”  Victor leaned back in his chair.  “We need to get through this fight as intact as we can.  Because the next fight is going to be worse.  I am going to go after the people who killed Arthur next.”
   Nondi’s eyes widened in shock.  “Who did it.”
   Victor looked around and Nondi indicated it was secure.  “The Word of Blake planted the bombs that killed Arthur.”
   “Bombs? The reports only said one was set off.”  Nondi said.
   “Yes, bombs.  The first one was cover.  They tried to extract him but were intercepted by Duke Sandovals people.  That is when the second bomb was set off.”  Victor looked sullen.  “I have to believe he is still out there somewhere and that we can find him.  I know I won’t stop looking.”
   “Is that why you put six regimental combat teams on Zaniah?”  Nondi said leaning back.  “To protect Peter?”  Victor nodded agreement.  “What do we need to do?”
   “Stop the falcons.  Then the Hegemony and troops from the suns will poor across the border of the League and hunt down the Word of Blake and anyone who protects them.”  Victor said and Nondi felt the chill in the room as his words froze the air. 
   Rising from behind her desk she snatched the rank from Victor as she walked to the door.  “Let’s go then.”  As she passed through the threshold of the door way and into the main room of the command center for the whole of the Lyran State every head snapped around as if a force of nature had just made its presence known.  “Looking around here it seems some of you are out of uniform.  You have one week to get in the right uniform.  Pull up the information we have on the Falcons advance and I want to know what our field commanders are already doing.”
   Victor stepped out into the “pit” alongside Nondi and let her do her thing.  He watched as the former Alliance officers and the Commonwealth officers alike responded to her orders.  The small clutch of Hegemony officers standing off to the side merely smirked before jumping in.  “General Steiner… Excuse me Marshal Steiner, what can my people do?”
   “What do you have General...?” 
   “Lieutenant General Austin Ma’am.  I have two divisions in orbit now.  Only one is available.  Another two divisions on Thorin reequipping General Christifori’s command.  They will be ready to move within two weeks.”  Austin looked to his right at the tall Naval officer with him.
   “Admiral Halsey Ma’am.  After deliverying the station to Khan Kell and his Wolves at Arc-Royal we kept ships in system to protect it until it was fully online.  All of the lighter escorts and the transports are returning to the Hegemony now.”  Halsey offered.
   That caught Nondi’s attention.  “You said lighter units Admiral?”
   “Yes Ma’am, cruisers Resolution, Implacable, Port Royal and Anzio all remained behind.  Along with the Battlecruiser Alexander Kerensky and battleship California.  Khan Kell trial for and won the use of the ships for the coming campaign and will be augmenting the Wolf-in-Exile fleet.”  Halsey reported. 
   This surprised Nondi.  “How many warships do you people have?”  She said exasperated. 
   Halsey chuckled.  “A few.  I can push both squadrons I have here to the border if you so wish.”
   “No.”  Nondi said shaking her head.  “I would like your transports to take the 2ND Royals, the Jaegers and the 11TH Arcturan forward to Arc-Royal.  From their JumpShips will be waiting to take them on to any follow-on destinations we can come up with by the time they get there.” 
   “Very well.  Might I add that we divert the transports returning to the hegemony and have them pick up those troops on Thorin and take them forward into the fight?”  General Austin inquired.
   “Yes, that will work.  I don’t know who this General Christifori is.”  She said looking towards the Archon-Prince.
   “My fault.  He was the one fighting the 15TH Arcturan and had secured Murphid.  If it wasn’t for us arriving, he may have joined in the fighting that had been breaking out on several worlds such as Solaris.  I promoted him to Leftenant General myself.”  Victor informed his aunt.
   “Very well.  What does his force consist of?”  Nondi asked.
   “I’ll let Jon answer that one.”  Victor said motioning over Major General Jon Davion. 
   “Marshal,” He began bowing his head slightly.  “the concept is for a mobile defensive force.  I’m calling it a Light Combat Team.  I don’t want to outfit the whole military with them just the march militia’s and a few select units we want to build up.  They can be used as building blocks for future RCTs and so forth.”  Jon reached over and highlighted Thorin pulling up Archer’s Avengers.  He then selected Hesperus.  “Look the Avengers are still forming.  Mainly they are just training together.  Look at the three LCTs we put on Hesperus.  Each of them is formed around a core of a BattleMech battalion with a command lance.  Supporting them is three battalions of heavy armor and three cavalry battalions.  A full regiment of battle armor supports each LCT which is fully mechanized along with an aerospace wing, combat support battalion with engineers and other specialist and a company of artillery.”
   Jon opened up more information windows showing current levels and stats.  “Each LCT is fully mobile on a Star Lord when using battalion sized transports.  We have a lot of independent conventional brigades.  We can repurpose some of them to expand our forces until we can build up combat capable units fast.  A single March Militia RCT can be broken up into three of these formations and then cover more territory while being able to quickly redeploy.”
   Nondi nodded agreement.  “So, the plan is to use these organizations as mobile defensive reserves?”  Getting a nod of agreement.  “Ok I want to begin this process with the Jaegers regiments first.  If we build any new formations at all I want to begin with the Alliance Jaegers and Guards forming them into a new command.  That’s a later problem, right now.  I want to push these three commands forward.”  She said indicating the three regiments already identified by her.  “Plus, two of the FedCom RCTs.”  She said looking at Marshal Venger getting a nod.  “General Austin your troops on Thorin I want to remain in place.  However, we will send General Christifori forward with conventional JumpShips.”
   Nondi paused for a moment.  “General Austin I would like to request that you send two BattleMech regiments with support to Duke Kell to deploy as needed.” 
   Austin thought about it for a second.  “Yes, ma’am I have two independent regiments that can move into the region quickly.”
   “Thank you General.  Please do have them move up.  Who are they and what are they bringing?”  Nondi asked while thanking Austin. 
   “It will be the 3rd Armored Cavalry and the 11TH Cavalry regiments.  They are recently reorganized from the 3RD Dragoons and the 11TH Hussar regiments.”  Austin reported.  “They have been expanded from their traditional SLDF organization to include a combined arms brigade’s worth of support troops which takes each Battalion and turns them into a combined arms squadrons with three BattleMech companies, two companies each of armor and mechanized infantry, a company each of Battle Armor, Artillery and helicopters all supported by a Fighter Group.”  Austin elaborated.
   “Thank you General.”  Nondi replied.  Turning to Victor she looked hard at him for a minute.  “I’m going to place Khan Kell in command of the Falcon boarder.  I don’t like it.  But you said you trust him.  I want Adam Steiner and his Fourteenth Donegal brought to Tharkad.” 
   “Why would you pull Adam off of the falcon border where his command is needed?”  Victor asked.
   “Because I want Adam to take over as the Lyran State Commander.”  Victor thought about that for a moment.  “I was thinking about Caesar Steiner; however, he is still the Lyran Theater Commander of the SLDF.”
   “That’s where my thoughts were going as well.  I think Adam will make a great Field Marshal and an appropriate choice.”  Victor stated. 
   The command staff of the reformed Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth worked through the night drafting plans and movement orders.  Trusting in those officers that were on the front to hold the line.  With the reinforcements already selected to move forward there was nothing that could be done but watch the reports coming in from those troops already in the path of the Falcon onslaught.  The naval assets – warships, dropships, aerospace fighters and marines – of the Hegemony-in-Exile under the command of Khan Kell were assisting the exiled Wolves in holding the line. 

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: 27 July 2019, 02:46:54 »
Part Two

Triad, Tharkad
Federated Commonwealth
27 September 3064

Task Force Exile as it had become know fought along the entire front escorting Regimental Combat Teams, ComGuard Divisions and Wolf-in-Exile Clusters into the fight.  In two separate engagements the Hegemony-in-Exile ships had brought along a marine expeditionary unit and deployed them first to Crimond where they fought Lambda Solahma Cluster relieving the severely understrength First Argyle Lancers who had been neglected by the LAAF and Katherines policies. 
   The Marine Expeditionary Unit deployed twenty-four BattleMechs, twelve hover tanks, eighty Battle Armored Troopers, four companies of infantry and a Fighter Group of eighteen.  The entire force landed in one of the AFFC’s newest Conquistador-class DropShips purchased from Federated-Boeing’s shipyards at Galax.  The fighting was brutal between the Lancers and the Lambda Solahma Cluster.  The ageing Clan warriors throwing themselves at the Inner Sphere troops in the hopes of a good death.  The Marines dropped in with their Star League tech and evened the field.  While still outnumbered in BattleMechs compared to the Jade Falcons they did bring quality and with the Lancers remaining troops were able to defeat the Falcons in detail. 
   The fighting would continue even as leaders were traveling to the Third Whitting Conference which was being held on Marik due to both the Falcon incursion and the political upheaval with the shuttering of the Lyran Alliance and the reformation of the united Federated Commonwealth under the Archon-Prince. 
   Victor sat over watching the Space Port as the various DropShips were loaded up.  The last of the 1ST Cavalry Division was loading up now for the trip up to the San Diego before moving back into the Sarna March to their staging world.  Standing with him was Lieutenant General Austin commander of II Corps.  His whole Corps was being committed to the Free Worlds League front for when the two allies concentrated against the Word of Blake. 
   “So, you are set to go with me to Marik?”  Victor asked.
   “Yes sir.  My deputy commander is fully briefed on the operation and is going to continue rehearsals until the alert goes out.  Are you sure making this announcement at the Whitting Conference would be a good idea?  We could provide our evidence and see what happens?”  Jeremiah asked Victor.
   Victor stood there thinking about it for quite some time.  Thinking of all that could have been if the Inner Sphere had truly just worked together and not plotted behind the backs of those trying to save it from the Clans.  Well now its time to save it from itself.  “Your intelligence people are certain about these numbers for the Militia?”  Victor responded.
   “Yes sir.  Between their regulars and these special units that are proving elusive we are facing between them and the Free World’s League we will be facing nearly eighty regiments not counting the provincial units or any survivors from the Blakist assault on Terra.  Provincial forces bring another twenty-eight regiments and then mercenaries add twelve more.”  Austin reported as they watched the ramp close on two of the Hegemony Lee’s sitting on the pad. 
   Victor was already well aware of what they could face.  “That’s not what I asked General.”  Victor said turning to look at Austin.  “Do you believe the intel.  Do you think they will attack the moment they are discovered?” 
   The look in Victor’s eyes was not fear but determination.  The Falcon Incursion was still raging on the Coreward border while numerous AFFC units had been moved into the Sarna and reformed Skye March.  Austin thought hard on the subject before he responded.  “Sir, I trust our intelligence services.  They have been very good at what they do for the last couple hundred years.  They are not perfect, and I don’t take everything they put out as holy writ.  But they have been successful at penetrating national intelligence agencies such as ROM.  Both of them.  I wouldn’t be leading my Corps into this fight if I didn’t believe in it.  I would have resigned my commission.”
   Victor looked hard into this man whom he hadn’t know more than six years ago.  Now they were going to commit not just regiments but divisions to the defense of his realm.  Not once, or twice, or three times but now going on four times.  They haven’t asked for anything in return except logistical support, garrison troops and access to certain combat equipment.  “Ok, lets head out.”

EAGLE 7

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: 28 July 2019, 10:32:15 »
Kasaga,

Thanks for sharing this story with us, enjoying the twist and turns of your plot.
“ My Clan honor is bigger than your Dragon honor, and comes in 18 clan flavors.”

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 30 July 2019, 18:10:14 »
Kasaga,

Thanks for sharing this story with us, enjoying the twist and turns of your plot.

Why thank you.

cklammer

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #22 on: 01 August 2019, 11:31:23 »
I am enjoying this - very nicely done.  :thumbsup:

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 13 July 2020, 18:33:46 »
Ok this is a WARNO (Warning Order).  I am resuming the writing on this and today I will post all of the story I have up until now that was not included prior.

I hope that you all like it and I wish I had gotten it out sooner.  I have a month free as I am not teaching classes or being shipped anywhere.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 13 July 2020, 18:36:14 »
Chapter Five

Whitting Conference
Marik, Marik Commonwealth
Free Worlds League
06 November 3064

The debate in the council was fierce over the issue of the Lyran Alliances reintegration into the Federated Commonwealth.  Both Thomas Marik and Sun-Tzu Liao demanded that the Archon be released from her confinement and Victor to return to the Federated Suns.  Both also argued that the Archon-Prince was to lead an expedition to Terra to remove the Terran Hegemony troops on planet as they have not evacuated as per the orders of the council during the previous assembly.  Thomas Marik called for the floor and announced his intention of bringing the Word of Blake into the Star League.  Before Thomas could make his case Archon-Prince Victor stood up and requested the floor in order to provide evidence against the Word of Blake in order to convince the council not to invite the order into the Star League.
   “Fellow Lords and Ladies of the council.  Within the last year several grave matters have come to light.  All of you are receiving the files that various intelligence sources have collected on the activities of the Word of Blake.  Responsible for several attacks across both the Sarna March, Skye March, Draconis March various false flag operations into the Draconis Combine and Clan Occupation Zones trying to spark conflict.”  The Word of Blake representative Precentor William Blane looked like he was about to interrupt when Thomas laid a hand on his arm and bade him to listen.
   “These are just the most obvious of incidents.  We also have proof contained in your files of their culpability in the death of my Brother Arthur on Robinson following a Blakist false flag raid on planet.  While we do not know who the target was, we do know that the order financed an assassination within the Draconis Combine through my Sister Katherine.  Victor said looking towards his friend Theodore Kurita the man who just surrendered the First Lordship to Christen Mansdöttier.
   “We do not know who the target was, however we do know that it was successful.”  Theodore Kurita gasped losing is normal combine reserve.  This was not lost on Victor.  “When Duke Ryan and his Hegemony forces stopped the Word of Blake’s invasion of the Terran System and rolled back both the Capellan and League invasion into the Commonwealth in ’57 the Word of Blake began an alternate plan.”
   Precentor Blane was about to come out of his seat when Marik again held him down.  Captain-General Thomas Marik leaned forward in his seat.  “And what plan would this be Victor?”
   Victor looked at him for a moment.  “Of course.”  Victor turned to the First Lord.  “First Lord Mansdöttier, I would like to call forward from the gallery Lieutenant General Austin to continue this briefing please.” 
   At this Thomas Marik stood up.  “I protest, the Hegemony has been removed from this body as an associated entity.  They have still not complied with this councils’ orders to withdraw from Terra.”
   Christen Mansdöttier looked up from his position to the gallery where the Hegemony contingent were standing awaiting permission to approach the council.  “I will allow General Austin to join Archon-Prince Steiner-Davion.  However, you will brief the council not him.  You may consult with him on anything that pertains to the Hegemony but not anything else.”
   The rest of the council almost looked bored.  Chancellor Liao and Duchess Allard-Liao both watching the proceedings not yet understanding what was going on. 
   Victor took that for the partial win that it was.  “Thank you, My Lord.  General Austin will you please join us?”
   General Austin made his way to the council lords tables and took the offered chair from Victor.  Victor turned to the assembled Lords.  “My fellow Lords, through exhaustive collection efforts from both the Commonwealth and the Hegemony we have identified not including the forces lost by the Word of Blake in their strike at Terra we have identified twenty-seven additional Divisions.”  There was a gasp from several and a sharp look from even Thomas towards Blaine.
   “We have identified four of these new Divisions as operating special advanced equipment with cybernetically enhanced infantry.”  Victor stated shocking everyone.  “In addition to this discovery we estimate a possible twenty to thirty Warships are missing from the Terran mothball fleet.” 
   “Where have they gone?”  Mansdöttier inquired. 
   “We don’t know.  They have been slowly disappearing over the last decade.”  Victor answered.  “The most disturbing is that deep embedded intelligence operatives from the Hegemony have identified at least seven League Military BattleMech regiments that have significant Blakist infiltration.”
   “What proof do you have of these allegations?”  Sun-Tzu asked from the Confederation delegation. 
   “In your files you will see transcripts from staff meetings and close surveillance provided by Hegemony Intelligence of various officers and other personnel from the units in question.  Also, we believe that the Word of Blake communications liaison’s aboard League Warships are in fact ROM commando’s awaiting the opportunity to incapacitate the crews and take over the ships if needed.  The LCCC and SAFE have been penetrated however we have confirmed that SAFE’s special forces are clear of any influence that we have been able to observe.”  Victor stated.  The rage on Blane’s face was too much to contain.
   “How dare you insult my holy order like this!”  He shouted.  Thomas unable to contain the man’s rage any longer.  “You claim evidence of any of this.  What is your true evidence?  All you have shown us is lies and speculation.  Yes, we have a couple more Divisions than previously observed by anyone.  We are growing our forces to protect our growing HPG network within the Confederation, Concordant and Magistracy.  Do you announce to the Inner Sphere every new unit that is established?”
   Victor took this in stride.  “No, no member of this council announces to the universe when they establish a new combat formation.  However, we do know about several things that no one else here does.  Nor do the people in the Free Worlds League.  We know who your Master is Precentor.  We know more about the sitting Captain-General than any would care to make public.  We haven’t because he truly is a great leader among the Inner Sphere and look to him to continue to do so.  The only reason why I didn’t nominate him to be the next First Lord was due to his entanglements with the Word of Blake.”
   The First Lord was clearly concerned about all that is going on.  “Colonel Campbell have the gallery cleared.  Precentor Blane, Protector Shraplen, Magestrix Centrella would you please excuse us.  General Austin please remain as I have questions for you.”
   Precentor Blane was screaming at this point as the Royal Black Watch cleared the gallery.  Precentor Martial Focht watched as the incensed leader of the splinter faction of ComStar was escorted from the room along with his counterpart Cameron St. Jamais whom was more leveled headed and calculating from the look in his eyes.
   As the room was cleared and the heavy doors secured with the Watch on both sides Mansdöttier addressed the assembly.  “It looks like we need to discuss sever matters.  Archon-Prince Victor, you stated that you knew something about the sitting Captain-General and the Word of Blake’s, what did you call him Master?”
   “Yes, my Lord.  I would ask that General Austin be allowed to speak on the matter as he is more briefed in.  I do not want any in this body to think that what is about to be said is an attack on the sitting Captain-General and I support him in full as long as he continues to be a just leader.”  Victor said nodding towards Marik who returned the gesture. 
   “Very well, General Austin you have the floor.”  Mansdöttier waved. 
   “Thank you, my Lord.”  He began with a slight bow clearly unaccustomed to it.  “Lords and Ladies of this council.  The Terran Hegemony-in-Exile has only ever operated with three guiding commands issued by our ruling family.  First was to protect the people of the former Hegemony worlds as best we could.  Second, to protect the innocent and smother evil wherever we find it.  Thirdly, to rebuild the Hegemony and the Star League should we be capable of it.  While I am convinced that we do have the combat power to accomplish at least rebuilding the Hegemony we would have to shatter the Commonwealth into two realms again in order to accomplish this and fight the rest of you.  This would in the end destroy us and cripple the militaries of the Inner Sphere from being able to defend themselves from the Clans.” 
   “So, it was under our second principle that Duke Ryan ordered me to begin planning.  I worked alongside many of your military forces and was integrated into operations during the Smoke Jaguar annihilation.  While my troops did not face much combat during this period, we did establish the working relationships that would be key to expanding on future endeavors and joint operations.  This is my back ground as command of the Hegemony’s II Corps.”  Austin approached the center of the council. 
   “Hegemony intelligence had thoroughly penetrated ComStar and by extension the Word of Blake dating back to the organizations founding.  General Lauren Hayes was once an officer assigned to Project LEGION and deployed forward to assist General Kerensky in defeating the usurper.”  This drew several shocked looks from around the room even from Victor who did not know of this.  “Since those days we absorbed the entire Hegemony and by extension Star League intelligence organizations.  Some of the Star League Defense Force intelligence organizations did leave with the clans but they seemed to have fizzled out sometime afterwards.  This is why we have been able to predict all of your movements and react with such speed.  You have gotten lucky on flushing a few of our agents out.  However, the CIA and DMI have been successful in penetrating all of your military and intelligence organizations.  Our people are raised generationally to accomplish these tasks and we even have people serving on the bodyguard units of everyone in this room.  They only report on your states of mind and other such things and are sworn to both us and you to protect you.”
   The sheer panic on the Chancellor’s face that his body guards were penetrated sent a chill down his spine.  “Yes if we wanted you all dead it would happen but we don’t and never would execute that order.”  Austin approached the Captain-General leaned over to his ear and whispered.  “The one thing that did surprise us was when the Archon-Prince informed us that you really were not Thomas Marik.  But we don’t mind you are a much better leader than he is.  We know where he is and who he has become.”
   Thomas leaned back the color draining from his non-scarred parts of his face.  “Truly, you know of this?”
   “Yes sir.”  Austin answered.  “I am here as a representative of my government to provide any assistance in these matters as needed.  I have the ear of the Duke as we are close friends since childhood.  I am not a political appointee as I have earned my commission and each promotion.  Right now my entire Corps is arrayed in staging areas prepared to either relieve the Terran Corridor of the Federated Commonwealth or to execute this councils orders.”
   “And what orders would those be?”  Coordinator Kurita asked. 
   “Yes General, what orders would you have us issue.”  Asked Duchess Allard-Liao.
   “I honestly do not care.  Should this council order me forward to disarm the Word of Blake I will execute that mission.  If they do not, I will launch an invasion of the Free Worlds League and hunt down the Word of Blake along with any infiltrated commands should they prove to be a threat to the Hegemony and the Commonwealth as they already have proven to be.”  Austin answered.
   Precentor Martial Focht rose from his seat and walked around into the center to face Austin.  “How have they proven to be a threat?”  He asked.
   “They murdered Duke Arthur Steiner-Davion on Robinson, Duchess Ryan and her son on Northwind and” Looking over to the Coordinator “Omi Kurita on Luthien.”  He finished and heard the shout from Victor.  Theodore Kurita looked like he was about to throw his table, Hohiro sitting next to him looked even worse.  “This information only came to light in the last twenty-four hours to us and will be forwarded to you Coordinator Kurita for both you and the ISF to scrutinized.  But this is our assumption based off of the intelligence gather and the orders we have seen passed around the Word’s ROM.” 
   Looking over at Victor he saw the loss that was echoed on his face as the Love of his life was just announced as being slain.  Why hadn’t Theodore or Hohiro told him.  It wasn’t his place to say such things.  “We did not tell the Archon-Prince as it was your place sir.”  He said with a deep formal Japanese style bow.  Which the coordinator stood and returned.
   “We lost most of our people in the Blakist ROM after we got that information out.  We still have several one was compromised and has been terminated the others have gone to ground and will only inform us of anything significant to the defense of the Hegemony.”  Austin reported.  “Intelligence believes with certainty that the Word of Blake is building up to take over the Free Worlds League and seize Terra.”
   “We have heard nothing of this.”  Focht stated.
   “That’s because the ComStar ROM is completely penetrated.”  Victor took this one.  “We know that some of your personnel are Bonafede.  But most of them are not to include ROM’s command.  I wouldn’t trust them for anything in interactions between ComStar and the Word.”
   “Yes sir, I would like to send our counter intelligence people in to begin sweeps of your ROM however that’s like asking the Clans to guard Terra.”  Austin stated sarcastically.
   Focht looked hurt about it.  “What do we do then if this is true?  So far they haven’t done anything overt.”
   “They do not have to.”  Was the startling response from Sun-Tzu Liao.  “They killed one of the Steiner-Davion’s.  They killed your daughter Coordinator.  They build a secret army and subvert the League military.  They manipulate communications in my realm, and I believe are responsible for the deaths of the Concordats previous Protector.”  Liao stood from his table.  “I invited the Word of Blake in to spite ComStar.  I didn’t realize at the time it would be inviting the wolf into the hen house.  I would ask ComStar to take over again.  But with the sympathizers that my own Maskirovka have been reporting to me.”
   “I am not supposed to disclose this information.  I will now in order to offer help in your situation Chancellor.”  Austin announced drawing the attention of everyone in the room.  “The Hegemony through its infiltration of ComStar and by extension Terra since the fall of the first Star League has conducted the same sort of operations against ComStar and now Word of Blake that they once launched against your houses.  Elimination of key scientist and engineers, attacks on advanced industries and suppression of advanced technology.  With this we have kept ComStar from advancing HPG technology and we have maintained control of the HPG grid.  We can lockout anyone from the network.  It was a failsafe the Hegemony had built into the HPG network in order to maintain control of it.”
   Precentor Martial Focht was shocked.  He would have to talk to the Primus about it later.  “What do you expect to do about this?”
   “I want to emplace a communications interdiction on the Word of Blake and any allies they have.  Once in place II Corps supported by First Fleet will strike at all known Blakist forces across the Inner Sphere.”  Austin revealed. 
   “And what if we told the Word of Blake about this?”  Candice Allard-Liao spoke up.
   Both Austin and Victor knew she would not say anything about this too them but someone in this room would.  “Then those would be interdicted until the Blakist are dealt with.” 
   “The AFFC is amassing nearly fifty regiments and a dozen or more Warships.  We are going in with the Hegemony.”  Victor added.  “This is not a land grab.  As soon as the Word of Blake is dealt with we will withdraw back into the Commonwealth.”
   During all of this Thomas Marik sat torn between his loyalty for the people of the Free Worlds League for which he has come to cherish and his commitment to the real Thomas Marik and the Word of Blake he commands.  Maybe now was the time to set himself apart to break free of the shackles for which he placed upon his own wrist when he joined ComStar.  Thanks to Duke Ryan Joshua was still alive.  Also, thanks to Ryan Operation GUERRERO was an utter failure.  That wasn’t his concern he was pushed into action by his keepers.  Maybe with the Hegemony and Commonwealth in position to deal with the Word of Blake he could be rid of them. 
   “Victor,” Thomas began pausing for a moment “you are correct about me.”  He breathed heavily.  “However, I seem to have become a prisoner in all of this answerable to this faction.”  Thomas chose his words carefully.  “First Lord Mansdöttier, I propose standing down the FWLM confining them to their bases and allowing the SLDF to clear the Word of Blake from our nation.”
   Victor raised his hand for a moment.  “I don’t think it should be the Word of Blake.  I don’t believe the SLDF is the solution in all of this.  If we deploy the SLDF to remove the Word of Blake at this point, then it would be no better than using them to conquer the St. Ives Compact.”  Victor looked towards Sun-Tzu.  “I am not digging old wounds Sun-Tzu, I am just stating that if we are to keep the Clans at bay, we need to use the Defense Force as it was intended.” 
   Sun-Tzu nodded, Victor seeing the change in his demeanor over the last decade most likely thanks to the economic and military trade between the Hegemony, Confederation and Compact let alone his own Trinity Alliance.  “I agree with Victor, I propose a joint task force between the Confederation and the Compact” he said looking over to his aunt and cousin at their nations table “along with any of our Periphery allies that wish to join and placed under the command of General Austin and his II Corps.”
   Victor thought about this for a second and saw the opportunity in it.  “General Austin, what do you think about that?” 
   Austin thought hard for a moment.  “I would suggest placing them under General Mendez and III Corps as they will be operating from the Sarna March and closer to the region of the join task force.  I believe it will take too long for them to link up with my Corps elements prior to kicking this off.”
   “Sun-Tzu?”  Victor asked.
   “I know General Mendez and respect him.  I can agree to this.”  Turning to his aunt.  “Aunt Candace, would you join this effort if I placed the task force under Kai’s command answerable to the Hegemony’s III Corps?”
   Duchess Candace Allard-Liao turned to her son and heir Duke Kai Allard-Liao and he nodded.  “I fully support the Chancellor in this endeavor.”
   Coordinator Theodore Kurita asked for a moment on the floor and approached both Victor and Austin.  “I will place a Task Force under the command General Austin and yourself with Hohiro in command.” 
   Before Victor or Austin could even answer First Lord Mansdöttier answered.  “Coordinator Kurita, Hohiro cannot command a Task Force in this matter if we are to leave the Star League out of this.  As the Commanding General of the SLDF he would be seen as an endorsement from this office and council.”
   “Very well I will place them under the command of Sho-sho Yodama.”  Theodore adjusted his plan off the cuff.
   “Very well we will not be waiting on the troops to arrive before we jump off.  I will place them into the reserve and bring them up with them.”  Austin agreed nodding turning towards Victor.  “Sir, do you agree with this sir?”
   Victor nodded to himself.  “Yes General, this will work out it will show a united front in this.  Should we call the other associated powers back in and break the news to the Word of Blake?”
   “Before we do that.”  Thomas began drawing everyone’s attention.  “Lord Mansdöttier, the Word of Blake was going to have me put forth a motion to sponsor them to become members of this council.”
   Mansdöttier thought about the situation.  “Thomas, I want you to put forth the motion of inviting someone to the Star League.  However, when we ask you who you wish to invite, I want you to propose inviting the Magistracy or another power.  We cannot invite the Terran Hegemony as they do not possess any territory at this time.  Their Home worlds hidden and not available accessible to those of this council.”
   The council lords looked around at each other.  “If the Word of Blake has so thoroughly penetrated the Free Worlds League as you say General Austin.  Then we need to approach this delicately.”  Candace Allard-Liao said getting the attention of everyone.  “We need to give them a chance to draw our ire.  So far, they haven’t done anything they cannot play off as fabricated evidence.  Bring them in.  Go through the vote to add them to the League and watch it fail.”
   First Lord Mansdöttier and Precentor Martial Focht both thought about it for a moment.  Talking discreetly between the two.  “Captain-General, what is the loyalty of the League’s Military?” 
   Thomas thought about it for a moment.  “Until a few minutes ago I would have vouched for all of the federal troops.  Now I am not so sure.  I want you to vote against me when I propose the Word of Blake be entered into a probationary membership period, I want you to shut it down hard.”
   Mansdöttier looked around the council and saw the various faces and nodded.  “I put forth secret council resolution 3064-01.  Joint operation to remove the Word of Blake from the territory of the Free Worlds League in cooperation with the Terran Hegemony.  All in favor?”
   Thomas stood.  “The Free World’s League votes aye.”
   Sun-Tzu moved to his feet.  “The Confederation votes aye.”
   Candace Allard-Liao stood.  “The St. Ives Compact votes aye.”
   Theodore Kurita stood.  “The Draconis Combine votes aye.”
   Victor was still standing in the middle.  “The Federated Commonwealth votes aye.”
   Mansdöttier didn’t even need to vote on behalf of his nation.  “The decision is unanimous.  The Word of Blake will be ejected from the League by a combined effort of Star League members operating under the command of the Terran Hegemony Armed Forces.  This resolution will be disavowed and never to see the light once we let the others back in.”
   Everyone looked around in shock as they had all agreed to something so easily. 

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 13 July 2020, 19:30:06 »
Glad to see this back!  Looking forward to the next update!

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: 15 July 2020, 13:09:19 »
Chapter Six
Part 1

‘Devine Guidance’ Militia Command Center
Gibson, Principality of Gibson
Free Worlds League
11 January 3065

Precentor Martial Cameron St. Jamais watched with cool calculating eyes as the weight of the coalition battlegroup closed on Gibson.  He had chosen not to sortie his planetary defense aerospace groups to engage the incoming battlegroup.  Twenty Warships had approached the planet escorting hundreds of DropShips. 
   “So, these so called Terran’s are coming for us now?”  He whispered to himself.
   Pacing around the small room overlooking the command and control stations, Precentor William Blane was in a panic.  “We must recall the expeditionary force.”  He stammered.  “We need to recall the fleet.”  He continued.  “We need to notify the Captain-General and bring the Free Worlds into this fight!”  He fairly screamed.  “Precentor Martial!  I order your too…” BANG!
   St. Jamais was slowly holstering his side arm when the door burst open and in rushed the ROM guards.  “The Primus has committed suicide.”  He said waving to the body with his other arm as he re sealed his holster.  “Remove that mess and send in Precentor Fellers.”
   The guards looked from St. Jamais to the body of the man who had only recently been appointed the official Primus of the Word of Blake.  “Yes sir.”  The guard replied with a shrug of his shoulders and pointed to the body so the others could remove it as he left to get the Precentor.
   Moments later Precentor XV David Fellers walked into St. Jamais’ office in the command bunker complex.  “You summoned me Precentor Martial?”  He said as he watched the body be removed from the room.
   “David, begin deployments of your army.  I expect these heritics will begin their landings in the next couple of hours.  I have ordered our aerospace forces to remain in atmosphere and to contest the landings but not to approach the fleet.  I have sent word to Precentor Zwick to recall the fleet from their training maneuvers.”  St. Jamais ordered. 
   “Yes sir.  May I also have the reserves released to my command?”  Fellers requested.
   “You have everything within the atmosphere at your disposal Precentor.”  St. Jamais said.  “Hold them back long enough for the fleet to return and for reinforcements to arrive from the League.” 
   “By your leave Precentor Martial.”  Fellers bowed slightly.
   “Good hunting David.”  St. Jamais said catching his commander of the 5TH Army off guard.  “Kill them all.”  He said.

5TH Army Command Post
Free Worlds League

Precentor David Fellers arrived at his Army’s command post located under the city of Harrisburg.  He watched the tracks of inbound warships and troop transports and waited for the telltale of the orbital drop he knew was coming.  It standard practice for the Hegemony to conduct an orbital drop prior to landing their big troop carriers.  Combat landings and deployments were costly and so far every battle the Heretics had fought in was one in which they were needed directly at the front or were expecting to land under fire.  Every one of their divisions had a pathfinder battalion equipped to drop and secure a landing zone for follow on forces. 
   His command post was running at full pace.  He had five divisions under his command and another three mercenary regiments.  The sum total of seven BattleMech Regiments and supporting units.  Fellers continued to watch as the warships, assault DropShips and aerospace fighter squadrons swept the orbitals of all satillites in search of a space defense system or any other hidden surprises. 
   “Not yet.  We didn’t have the time or resources to build any of that here.  Now in the hidden there are plenty.”  Fellers thought.  The rest of the Militia would bring down Blake’s Wrath upon these heretics as soon as the orders reached them.  He knew of it.  But right now he knew he could only bloody their nose here.  Here he would die on his sword so that the holy order would survive.
   “Precentor Roberts.”  He called out causing an older man in the robes of a ROM officer turned towards him.  Why he didn’t wear the uniforms of the Militia for this up coming fight one could only guess. 
   “Yes Precentor Fellers?”  He asked. 
   “You are free to deploy your teams as you see fit.  I trust that you know what needs to be done.  I only ask that you coordinate with my people so that my forces do not harm yours.  We will need you to continue the insurgency long after our major formations have been destroyed.  I also leave the protection and use of our nuclear munitions to you.”  Fellers directed.
   Nodding his head he regarded the Militia commander with more worth than he had initially had given him.  He knew not all Militia officers were simply sycophants to the mystic order.  “Of course Precentor.  Should I begin now?”
   “By all means.”  Fellers said with a wave of his hand. 

Roberts watched as his hand moved away from his sidearm as he waved around the room.  Once he had done that Roberts pulled from his cavernous sleeves a pair of shuriken’s and in one fluid motion had thrown them striking the 5TH Army Commander in the chest and head.  Continuing his turn he drew his hold out laser pistol from the other sleeve and recovered a fighting knife.  He fired on every tech he could see in the command post.  Outside the rest of his “guards” were clearing the building of as many of the Word of Blake fanatics as they could find.
   After ten shots his pistol was out of power and he threw his knife at an Adept trying to send a warning over the network to anyone that could receive it.  He heard the discharge of a laser rifle and smelled the burned fabric of his robes.  Staggering for a moment he drew a more robust sidearm and turned to face the attacker.
   Clearly this woman did not expect the older Roberts to have survived the shot from her Mauser laser rifle.  The robes he was wearing were specially made for him with ballistic cloth and laser reflective material sewn in layer upon layer.  It the summer months it was almost unbearable due to the insulation.  However, he was now still alive.  Taking aim.  “I can’t wait to go home.”  He said clearly before discharging the pistol into the attackers face.
   After a moment he assessed that there were nine bodies in the room he walked over to the communications console and activated the Army’s general frequency.  “All commands, this is Righteous Command deploy to your primary battle positions.  I say again deploy to your primary battle positions.  Command is already under attack.  May Blake bring vengeance upon our enemies.”  He said and closed the channel. 
   Roberts moved through the halls of the bunker until they made it to the primary lift.  When he arrived he found three others waiting for him. 
   One woman a small petite woman wore the uniform of a MechWarrior.  She was a member of the Precentor’s Command Level II.  She had killed the other two mech warriors and had set charges in the barracks of the Battle Armor troops.  “Colonel.”  She said with a smirk. 
   “You know I haven’t had a rank in decades.  None of us have.  But I can’t wait to go home.”  He entered the lift and they ascended to the surface exiting in a non-descript coffee shop.  He passed several “ROM” guards who belong to him and would ensure they got away before they themselves would vanish into the ether after sounding the alarm. 
   Reaching the ground cars that would take them to their safe house via different routes they got in and they left.  Activating a panel in the back-seat Roberts waited.

THS Terra
Orbital Insertion Point-3
Free Worlds League

Duke Ryan waited with General Austin and the Archon-Prince aboard the Terra while the fleet patrolled and prepared for the coming ground phase.  A Lieutenant approached and bade for their attention.  “My Lords, General.”  She began addressing the lot of them.  The only one missing was Duke Kai who was aboard his own flagship.
   “Austin handled it.  Go ahead Lieutenant Kerry.”  He said.
   “Signal from the surface matching the encryption we were told to look for.”  She reported.
   “Put it through to this station.”  Austin ordered.
   “Aye sir.”  She said before returning to her station.
   Austin turned.  “Sandra, I believe this is for you.” 
   Sandra Owens was the CIA Spook assigned to the operation.  “Of course, it is. Put it through Jeremiah.”
   “Rock Six this is Scissor 2.  I have paper in folds.”  Was all the voice said.
   Everyone laughed at the code words.  “Who’s idea was that?”  Ryan asked.
   “His.”  Sandra answered.  “This man deserves to never work another day in his life.”
   “Agreed.  Ok Jeremiah.  Start the landings.”  Ryan ordered.

Harrisburg
Free Worlds League

Roberts closed the COM’s panel and looked up towards the driver.  “Get us out of town to the safe house.  Hell is about to descend upon this planet.”
   “You got it.”  The driver responded.
Roberts looked out the window and watched as the first orbital strike smashed a munitions dump in the forest north of the city.  The dump was buried underground, and he bet that it would take more than a single naval autocannon round to destroy it.  He was rewarded with the follow-up strike of what had to be a broadsides worth of munitions impacting the ground.  He knew forward observers had to already be on the ground directing strikes for the orbiting warships. 
   Streaks could now be seen in the sky of what were most likely drop pods and cocoons for BattleMechs.  They were all heading towards the location of the 15TH and 27TH Divisions.  He was sure a full Division was probably slated to go after them.  They were the 5TH Army’s reserve.  Ready to deploy and strike when a weakness in the Hegemony battle lines was found. 
   “Not today Satan.” Roberts thought to himself.  “It will be go to attend mass again.”  His thoughts wondered to the good times of the Catholic church he would attend as a child with his parents.  That was a lifetime ago.  He had spent the last thirty-five years embedded with first ComStar and then the Word of Blake.  But his time was finally over.  He could return home to Nova California…

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: 16 July 2020, 12:34:54 »
Part 2

Charleston Plateu
Free Worlds League
15 January 3065

Captain Rodrigo Sanchez watched as the Renegades BattleMech maneuvered into position for the ‘ambush’ it was attempting to set for the approaching battalion.  Little did that pilot know that a whole regiment was already deployed in the area.  That battalion was just bait to lure Redfield’s Renegades into a trap. 
       The 101ST Jump Infantry Division had deployed a combined arms regiment into the area the night before and were powered down with both infantry and stealthed battle armor scouts watching the approach of the Renegades regiment.  A Combat command of the Davion Heavy Guards were approaching with the lead battlegroup about thirty minutes to an hour ahead of the main body.  This was deliberate in order to draw the Renegades in for the trap.  Aiming for a pass in which the Guards would have to make a vulnerable transit in order to get across a valley and out through another pass the renegades were hoping to catch them just as they exited the last pass and bottleneck them while the 20TH Division swung down and crushed the remaining two battlegroups before them could escape the valley.
Sanchez watched from his Elemental battle suit as the first of the Guards began to emerge from the last pass.  He watched as a Renegades Blackjack lifted its arm and began to aim at the lead Guards Black Knight.  Just as the Blackjack was preparing to fire an Arrow IV missile streaked in and slammed into the medium weight machines torso.  Sending it flying to the ground.  Blakist infantry began scattering away from the machine just as the regimental task force opened up on the Renegades. 
Keying his communications system, he waited until the chime of a secure connection to his company team.  “All callsigns, this is Ravager-6.  Attack, attack, attack.”  Blasting away form his hiding position he and his squad bounded forward with the rest of the battalion supported by a full battalion Nighthawks and the advancing OmniMech Battalion.  Elsewhere the rest of the 1012TH Jump Infantry Brigade were laying into the Renegades and the 20th Division.  Already the Davion Heavy Guards RCT was pushing the balance of their combat power forward in two other Combat Commands in order to crush the 20TH.  The 1013TH BattleMech brigade was already sweeping in lead by the swift 1013TH Striker Regiment.
The battle was brutal, lasers, PPCs, autocannon, gauss rifles and missiles flying all over the battlefield.  The 101ST Jump Infantry Division (Omni) was now fully in the fight bringing in the supporting brigades.  All except the 1011TH Jump Infantry Brigade which was supporting the 36TH Lyran Guards to the south. 
“Ravager-6, this is Eagle-6.”  Came the voice of the division commander.
“Eagle-6, Ravager-6 send it.”  Sanchez replied.

Major General Edgar Winters watched his battlefield tactical display in his modified Vampire-class DropShip as it orbited the battlefield with a squadron of the newer Photon medium OmniFighters providing escort.
   “Ravager-6, we have identified Colonel Redfield in a Thunderbolt moving up from the rear of his formation.  You are facing Alpha Battalion along with the Command Company.  Ravager-Six I need you to shift your axis of attack and drive on that company.  Redfield needs to be captured.  The whole task force will be trying to support you.  The 1012TH Battle Regiment are dropping in support of you as I speak.  You need to secure Redfield and force the Renegades to surrender.”  Winters ordered.
   “Eagle-6, this is Ravager-six roger WILCO.”  Switching channels he eye clicked a point on his nav map.  “All Ravager’s this is Six.  New orders we need to fight through and secure Colonel Redfield in his Thunderbolt.  Eagle-6 is deployed the 1012TH Battle and other assets to support.  The rest of the task force is going to support our drive.  Execute.”  He ordered.

Receiving numerous acknowledgement icons in his HUD indicating the various elements of his reinforced company were complying.  He had his three platoons of Elementals, a Medium lance of OmniMech’s led by Sergeant Jackson and a platoon of attack helicopters from the 1011TH Attack Helicopter Regiment.  They were already sweeping west to get into position around the flank of the Renegades battalion to get at the command company.  His squad along with the balance of 1st Platoon boarded the OmniMech’s.  His squad jumped aboard Jackson’s Pershing Prime.  The rest of Jackson’s lance included a second Pershing and two Battleborne’s.  The rest of the company boarded the companies Vector transports and began racing around the flank of the enemy hoping to get into position quickly.
Jackson spotted the Blackjack from earlier extended his right arm towards it and fired his extended range pulse laser at it.  The pulsing beam stitched up the chest of a Warhammer just as Jackson launched a flight of LRM’s to connect with the heavy BattleMech.  All ten of the missiles connected.  The second flight lost about four to the BattleMech’s AMS.  The pilot having activated the system.  Jackson fired the pulse laser again connecting and slagging the armor over the shoulder actuator.  A PPC came flashing in just then to smash into the torso as Sergeant Gbeho and his Battleborne jumped into the fight.
   Sanchez designated this BattleMech for Gbeho and Jackson but needed Jackson to get his squad closer to Redfield’s Thunderbolt.  They were four-hundred meters away now.  “Close enough to fire the SRM’s and we are bounding towards Redfield.”  Sanchez said just quiet enough not to activate the pickups. 
   The Pershing continued its move forward missing a burst of autocannon fire.  “Everyone out of the boat!”  Sanchez called out over the squad net.  He new soon Jackson and the other ‘Mechs of his lance would soon be taking fire.  As his command squad cleared the Pershing the other squads riding on the ‘Mechs also jumped clear.  “Ravager’s all Frongmen on the Thunderbolt and Warhammer.  ‘Mechs and Vector’s on the Wolverine and Apollo.  We will worry about the rest of the Command Company as they get into range.  Those are priority.”  Sanchez ordered as he paused following his first bound away from the Pershing.  “Hit them hard Ravagers.  Six out.” 
   Bounding forward one more time brought Sanchez and his squad to within range of Redfield’s Thunderbolt.  “Red-6, Ravager-6.  Detail a squad to me and hit the Warhammer with the remaining squads.”
   Lieutenant Franks just completed a bound and was now one-hundred and fifty meters from the Renegades command company.  Selecting a waypoint and designating fourth squad he tapped the beacon onto the Thunderbolt and changed the command Hierarchy to the company commander.  “Acknowledged.”  He said simply.  It didn’t send a verbal response to Sanchez but blinked an icon in the commanders HUD notifying him that he received and acknowledged the orders.  Also he would see his Command Squad had just doubled with the addition of another four troopers.  “First and Second Squads with me lets hit this Warhammer.  Volley missiles in twenty seconds.”
   Twenty seconds later first and second squads of 1st Platoon, Easy Company, 2ND Battalion, 501ST Armored Infantry Regiment rippled off a single salvo from all of their advanced SRM-2 launchers.  Sixteen SRM 2’s raced in to impact the Warhammer, thirteen would survive the BattleMech’s anti-missile system to impact against the already battered armor.  Following right behind the missiles were eight Elementals landing just thirty meters short of the heavy ‘Mech before firing their lasers into the cockpit and at the AMS.  Lieutenant Franks’ squad boosted up and slammed into the Warhammer grabbing on with their heavy battle claws and began tearing armor plates off.  One of his troopers Corporal Tanner landed near the cockpit and went to work trying to rip the armored hatch off. 
   Tanner disappeared in a flash of ruby energy from a Wolverine Second squad bounded forward and fired their lasers at the advancing medium ‘Mech along with Jackson and Gbeho began tearing into the Wolverine  Franks made his way up to the cockpit and got his battle claw into the wrent armor and tore the hatch free.  Extending his clawed arm forward into the hole he fired a burst from his Mauser II he had mounted in the AP weapon mount.  “Clear the Warhammer.  She’s going down.”  With that he kicked off his jump jets and jumped away.
   Sanchez watched what happened and smiled.  They remembered their training.  “Alright, kneecap the Thunderbolt.  Fourth Squad right knee.  Command left knee.  Let’s go.”

F.O.B. Eagle, Harrisburg
Free Worlds League
16 January 3065

The Vector transport set down at the Forward Operating Base’s airfield.  The ramp lowered and out walker two Elemental suits with a man wearing only shorts and a cooling vest.  They were followed out of the helicopter by a third armored infantrymen.  As they approached the group of people just off the flight line they stopped and parted leaving the battered MechWarrior silhouetted against the massive battle suit behind him. 
   The base was a hive of activity.  Medivac helicopters were moving in and out of the area.  Shuttles were lifting off and running back and forth from the orbiting fleet.  Winters stood with Marshal Jonathon Davion as the group approached. 
   Turning to the Davion Marshal.  “Well Jon, it was one hell of an idea to go after the Renegades like that.  Sure as hell made it easier to handle the 20TH.”  Winters said.
   Shaking his head Davion responded.  “It wasn’t easy at all.  Those Toasters came in on us with a vengeance.  If it wasn’t for your reserve brigade it would have been close.”
   “Don’t sell yourself short Jon.  Your people did magnificently.  I would be proud to serve along side them again.”  Winters acknowledged.  Looking at the beaten man in front of them he continued.  “If it wasn’t for Colonel Redfield here we would have had a much tougher fight.  Good thing the Word of Blake took the bait of your Guards being strung out on their march into the area.”
   The look of pain in the eyes of Colonel Edward Redfield at the trap that had been laid against his regiment.  “You set a trap against us.”  He mumbled to himself.  “What is going to happen to us?”  He asked.
   Jon took that question.  “You and your regiment will be interned until the conflict is over and then you will be released along with your equipment.  You committed no war crimes here that we can determine so we shall see how you and your people behave themselves.”  He looked towards Winters.  “Does that about sum it up Edgar?”
   “Yeah that’s about how General Austin put it to me.”  Winters agreed.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: 17 July 2020, 00:23:26 »
Bad post
« Last Edit: 17 July 2020, 00:29:41 by Kasaga »

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: 17 July 2020, 00:30:32 »
Chapter Seven
Part 1

Approach Vector 317.242
Marik, Marik Commonwealth
Free Worlds League
27 March 3065

Duke Michael Ryan watched as his people went about their work.  He was on the flag bridge of the THS Terra as she lumbered down the star lanes with a joint Hegemony %u2013 League Fleet.  The entire 3RD Fleet was in system baring down on a Word of Blake fleet twenty ships strong.  Where did they get all of these ships?  Michael wondered.  He noticed a League Impavido and one of their new corvettes were among the Blakist fleet. 
   %u201CWell it looks like we either have turn coats or they managed to capture those ships in good condition somehow.%u201D  Admiral Samantha Carter stated.
   %u201CUntil we lost the 5TH Free Worlds Legionnaires I was convinced no one would have sided with the Word of Blake.%u201D  Stated General Samuel Garibaldi commander of the entire Marik Militia.
   %u201CAre you sure it wasn%u2019t the entire Sirian Lancers Brigade attacking Irain along with the 13TH and 15TH Marik Militia%u2019s?%u201D  Major General Marcus Briggs inquired.
   Giving him a heated look the Marik General sighed and nodded.  %u201CFirst of all the Sirian Lancers should have been broken up at the end of the Fourth Succession war and spread around the League.  However the 13th and 15th Militia%u2019s still do not surprise me.  The training program for the Word of Blake Militia where they added one of their Level III%u2019s to a League command is obviously paying off for them in adding to their already incredible size.  This needs to be stopped here.  We need to relieve the survivors of the 5TH Guards and smash the Word of Blake here and now.%u201D
   Michael stepped up next to the Marik General and placed a hand upon his shoulder.  %u201CI couldn%u2019t have said it better myself General.%u201D  Turning to his intelligence aide he continued.  %u201CRebecca, what do we know of the troops on Marik as of now?%u201D
   The young Captain was smart and would quickly rise through the intelligence command especially when Michael made a few inquiries as to her next post.  %u201CIt%u2019s a trap my Lord.%u201D  She said in as dead panned fashion as she could.  Everyone there stopped what they were doing and stared at her. 
   %u201CGo on Captain.%u201D  Briggs motioned. 
   %u201CThe fifth is still alive.  It has just over a battalion of %u2018Mechs and other conventional units that managed to make it into the fortress before the Word of Blake closed off their escape and destroyed the rest of the regiment in detail.  CIA operatives on planet report that the Word of Blake are leaving them alone.  Only the thing that is being reported to us is a major Blakist presence supported by mercenaries.%u201D  Captain Rebecca Brock reported.
   She adjusted the holo tank to show the ground situation on the planet.  %u201CThe 5TH Guards report possibly two divisions of troops when we knew there were at least three from CIA observers.  I am not discounting the 5TH%u2019s report however I think this is only what they are observing.%u201D  She continued.
   %u201CWhy do you say this Captain?%u201D  Garibaldi asked.
   %u201CBecause sir.%u201D  She paused pressing another sequence into the display as it shifted she continued.  %u201CCIA and SAS teams on the ground report that there is heavy jamming going on planet side so much so we shouldn%u2019t be receiving anything from the Guards.%u201D
   Briggs stiffened and so did Garibaldi.  %u201CGo on Rebecca.%u201D  Michael waved.
   %u201CThe JumpShips we observed leaving the system brought a much larger force.  I%u2019m thinking somewhere in the realm of four to six Division.  Maybe more.%u201D
   %u201CAlright looks like we have our jobs cut out for us.%u201D  Michael stated.  %u201CI want everyone in drop positions at T- minus one hour to contact with the toaster fleet.%u201D 
   %u201CYes sir.%u201D  Everyone around the holo tank responded.  %u201CDismissed.  General Garibaldi if you would remain.%u201D  He said as all of the other officers began moving off of the flag bridge. 
   %u201CYes sir?%u201D  He said askingly.
   %u201CI want your people to hold back.  We don%u2019t have targeting info yet.  There is no point in dropping everyone all across the planet.  I need your people to go after the enemy when we find them.%u201D  Michael ordered.
   %u201CSir,%u201D He began hesitantly %u201CI know I and my people were placed under your command.  You cannot sideline my people during this assault.  That%u2019s Marik a lot of them come from there.  They want it back just as bad as I do.%u201D
   Michael considered that for a moment before responding.  %u201CI%u2019m going to level with you.  This isn%u2019t going to be a short war.  My people have fought major campaigns in short order by massing troops against our opponents.  We don%u2019t have this luxury anymore.  My reserves will not arrive in time to help us with Marik and Atreus.  The fleet alone worries me.  If I uncover Terra or the Homeworlds what will the Word of Blake do.  My people have taken our largest numbers of casualties when we fight alongside our allies.  They like to put themselves in the line of fire to save everyone.  The HAF won%u2019t survive for much longer like this.  I have One Division for this fight along with the independent regiments we brought along.  I have a pair of FedCom RCT%u2019s in reserve.  I do not like the look of that fleet.  We need to blow through them and hit the surface as fast as possible.  How do you propose we do that without getting in each other%u2019s way?%u201D
   Garibaldi thought about it for a minute.  %u201CDesignate an entire wave of Drops just for us.  We will also have a separate Drop Zone.  My follow-on troops will still land in friendly lines.  But this will put at least one regiment on the other side of Dormuth.%u201D
   Michael considered it for a minute.  Shaking his head.  %u201CNo Sam.  I don%u2019t want to jeopardize these landings.  I will put you down after the first brigade is on the ground and the landing zones are secure.  Have two of your regiments ready to drop to secure the alternate site.  Prove your people here and we will work closer on the next operation.%u201D
   Garibaldi thought hard about that and nodded agreement.  %u201CYes sir.  I understand.%u201D
   %u201CGet your people ready we make contact with the enemy fleet in three hours.%u201D  Michael ordered.
   %u201CYes sir.%u201D  Garibaldi saluted smartly and left the flag bridge.

%u2003
WoBS Blake%u2019s Sword
Marik Orbit
Marik Commonwealth
Free Worlds League

Precentor Naval Gregory Zwick watched the approaching heretic fleet.  Outnumbering his own forces he had several surprises in store for Duke Ryan whom he knew was aboard his flagship Terra.  The pompas fool, think you can name your toys after the cradle of humanity and our orders rightful home.  The Commander of the Word of Blake%u2019s Navy watched as the distance closed.
   %u201CPrecentor, We are within firing range.%u201D  His flagship%u2019s commander reported. 
   %u201CVerywell begin maneuvering and take us into this fight.  Send to Precentor Baughman, kill them all.%u201D  Zwick ordered.
   %u201CYes Precentor.%u201D  His aide replied. 
   He felt his ship shudder as the drives lit off and the ship began to move.

THS Clarion%u2019s Call
Marik Approach
Marik Commonwealth
Free Worlds League

It took thirty minutes before the first shots were exchanged.  The Sword exchanging shots with the pair of heretic McKenna%u2019s.  The damage was building up.  So far the only ships in this fight were the battleships.  That all changed at 22:37 fleet time. 
   %u201CRadiological alert!%u201D  Called one of the sensor operators.  The bridge got quiet.  %u201CIn coming nuclear ordanace.  Vampire, Vampire, Vampire!%u201D  She shouted.  The Radiological alert was normal when hazardous debreis was moving at high speed through the fleet during combat.  But was most always the result of the destruction of friendly or enemy combatants.  The follow up call of Vampire signified incoming anti-ship missiles.
   %u201CHow many incoming Ensign?%u201D  Commodore Juan Rodriguez. 
   %u201CI have eighty inbounds.  Unknown how many are nuclear.  Multiple missile types.%u201D  The young Ensign reported.
   %u201CAlright lets push this to the Flag Bridge.  Activate defensive measures.  Notify the airwing launch the rest of our birds, flush our tubes at the enemy fleet and order the air wings antimissile squadrons to go to work.%u201D  Rodriguez ordered as calmly as he could make it.  Nuclear missiles are you kidding me!  He was screaming in his head.

THS Terra
Marik Approach
Marik Commonwealth
Free Worlds League

On the Terra%u2019s flag bridge Duke Ryan and Admiral Carter looked at the communications tech in horror.  Before the tech could answer Carter turned to the guards and shouted.  %u201CGet him to his DropShip now!%u201D
   %u201CAdmiral I am not leaving this ship.  Sir you need to get to your DropShip and hit the beach with the ground troops.  This ship just became a really bad place to stay.%u201D  Admiral Carter stated flatly.
   Already Marines were at the Duke%u2019s side and were ushering him towards the hatch when the ship lurched violently. 
   %u201CAre we maneuvering?%u201D  Ryan asked.
   %u201CNo sir we are under attack.  Those were autocannon hits.  Report!%u201D  Admiral carter ordered.
   %u201CThe Xanthos has opened fire on us.  We are losing thrust.  The Olympic is maneuvering on the Xanthos.  She%u2019s firing a broadside.%u201D  Seconds later the ship shook again.  %u201CThe Olympic has fired upon us as well.  We have League fighters attacking out fighters and some of the other League fighters.  I think it%u2019s a difference between their navy and ground troops brought with General Garibaldi.%u201D
   Michael reached the edge of the holo tank.  %u201CGet me Garibaldi.%u201D  He ordered.  A few seconds later he was given the sign that he was on.  %u201CGeneral Garibaldi, unless you are about to start fighting my people right now with the fleet units I am ordering you and the ground forces to escort the transports in and stay clear of your fleet units.  I am about to order the fleet to destroy all of them.%u201D
   The voice that came back was clearly shaken.  %u201CYes sir.  It will be done.%u201D
   The line went dead.  %u201CAdmiral have the Potemkin%u2019s release their dropships and get out of here.
   %u201CAdmiral we just lost the Agincourt.%u201D  The Aegis crew was seen exploding following a directed half of the League fleet. 
   %u201CKill them all.%u201D  Michael ordered.
   %u201CYes sir.%u201D  Carter turned to her staff.  %u201CConcentrate fire on the close ships by division.  Primary targets are the Sardis, Xanthos, Troy, Nueva Badajoz and Olympic in that order.  Battleships concentrate fire on the enemy McKenna.  Fighters released; assault ships released to all CAG%u2019s fight your fight.  Assault Escort Squadrons go after the corvettes and destroyers.%u201D
   The flag bridge was a hive of activity as all of the orders were relayed.  The FWLS Tirana swung into line for an attack on the Terra as three 55cm naval lasers reached out and stabbed the fragile corvette.  It died shortly after when three NAC 40 super heavy naval autocannons smashed the ship cracking the spine of the Corvette.  The fleet began targeting everything.  The ships forward weapons began launching missile after missile firing naval lasers towards the Blake%u2019s Sword.  The Terra shook hard, the lights flickered and consoles exploded.  The external monitors shorted out in a flash.
   %u201CWhat just hit us?%u201D  Carter demanded. 
   %u201CI think we just got hit by an Alamo.%u201D  Someone called out as the ship was hit again.  %u201CThat is a second one!%u201D  The fear was eveident in the voice of the operator who called out.  %u201CWe%u2019ve lost the St. Andrews and the Hydra.%u201D  Another operator called out.  %u201CThe Promise just took two Santa Ana%u2019s meant for us.%u201D
   %u201CThe fleet knows who the primary target is, it is us.  Get me an external channel to the fleet.%u201D  Carter ordered.
   %u201CExternal communictions are down Admiral.%u201D  The raiting stammered.
   %u201CThis is it sir.  Its in the hands of Admiral Wolfgang now.%u201D  Carter stated.  %u201CCommodore Turner all batteries fire as they bear on every enemy capital ship wherever they are!%u201D  She ordered.

The scene outside the hull of the Terra was of sheer terror.  The THS Terra began a roll the armor was glowing in fire and melted armor.  Missiles were pumping out from her launchers as fast as she could load, target and launch.  The massive heavy partical projection cannons belted their fire out of the broadsides of the massive Battleship.  Super heavy autocannons began breaking the armor of ships all around the flagship.  The Sardis managed to get caught exposed to the Terra%u2019s rear arc%u2019s.  Twelve heavy naval partical cannons unleashed their fury upon the traitor carrier followed by the Killer Whale missiles and the autocannons.  A pair of Longstreet assault DropShips burned in to fire off their weapons at the carrier.  The hits were mounting.  The Clarion%u2019s Call unleashed a broadside as well followed by the Princess Royal as she sailed between the Sardis and the Bors and opened up with every gun that she had.  The Sardis began to tumble away from the battle out of control.  The Xanthos disabled the main drives of the Terra with a partial broadside.  A pair of Blake Essex%u2019s were upon the formation now.  The the Immortal Spirit a Blake Aegis fired a salvo of six Santa Ana%u2019s at the Terra.  A squadron of fighters raced to intercept the missiles.  One was destroyed by a Photon another by a friendly League Eagle.  A pilot in a Sabre crashed his fighter into a third. 
   In the end it was not enough.  Three Santa Ana missiles impacted the already damaged hull of the Terran Hegemony Ship Terra, flagship of the Hegemony in exile and tomb to eight-hundred crew and Duke Michael Edward Ryan, Regent of the Terran Hegemony in Exile and Commanding General of the Hegemony Armed Forces.
« Last Edit: 18 July 2020, 12:02:38 by Kasaga »