Author Topic: What Could Go Wrong Book Two  (Read 38025 times)

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
Re: What Could Go Wrong Book Two
« Reply #390 on: 30 April 2023, 13:42:08 »
Yep.
I have yet to find a boss that my gaming hobby (or writing pursuits) should take priority over their bottom line.
... and I won't even mention the House Boss.
:)

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #391 on: 02 May 2023, 19:49:23 »
Bosses.. even when you are in charge there is limited freedom.   :thumbsup:
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #392 on: 02 May 2023, 20:00:24 »
Those limits are nowhere more evident than the Pentagon.  I feel sorry for the SESs and 1/2 stars there... they were promised so much and given the very definition of "middle management" for actual jobs.  Those of us in the trenches at least still retain the fingertip sense for the workforce.  There's no substitute for being able to feel the successes of those that work for you.  Those in middle management that can pull it off are rapidly rotated out to bigger and better things so they can continue the climb.  I've been privileged to work for one that is about to depart.  I can only hope she returns in one of the three/four-star jobs later.

Orangeduke38

• Corporal
« Reply #393 on: 17 May 2023, 21:45:37 »
I've really enjoyed this story so far but I've been surprised that they haven't reached out to Wynns Roost as a trade partner at the very least.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #394 on: 19 May 2023, 19:11:07 »
Things are delayed due to author's schedule.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Marathon

• Recruit
« Reply #395 on: 07 August 2023, 07:31:18 »
*Bump*

Such a good story, thought it should get bumped for a few more readers until the author's schedule lets up.

One of the most interesting stories I have enjoyed on this site.  :grin:

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #396 on: 07 August 2023, 15:14:39 »
Author is tied up with work, it maybe bit till he able to return if he able to resume.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

archangel12504

• Recruit
« Reply #397 on: 10 April 2024, 17:11:21 »
Just burned through this whole thing (part one and two) from beginning to end. Admit that I am a neophyte in this fandom but very much enjoying the story. As an attorney and strategy type (ex-DoD) I’m a big fan of world building that starts with logistics and this fandom seems to love logistics tables :-) hope the author finds some time to grace us with more goodies in between real life.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #398 on: 10 April 2024, 18:38:13 »
I suspect you may like the rest of 2ndACR's back catalog, good sir!  Hope to see more of you around... :)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #399 on: 10 April 2024, 19:00:09 »
My gut feeling he ain't coming back to this.  :embarrassed:

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #400 on: 10 April 2024, 19:04:53 »
Real life does take precedence over posting here... :/

Register