Author Topic: BattleTech [Corebook] - Future Wars (Supplement)  (Read 1807 times)

willis

• Master Sergeant
BattleTech [Corebook] - Future Wars (Supplement)
« on: 07 October 2023, 12:01:40 »
Hello all, I would like to share a file I have been working on for years, yes years, this has material from the internet, the fourms, and other publications. I do not take any credit for this, aside from the custom way to make capital weapons, and even that is just the math part.

Contents include the Outer Colonies Region with the associated local nations.
Alternate construction options for AeroTech, BattleMechs and vehicles.

Included are the bare bones construction tech for AutoMechs and Cyberics, no fluff is included, along with items of interest from the CLAN SMOKE JAGUAR AND THE PROSPERAN WORLDS book (well items that interest me).

The Advanced Cannon and Missile technologies and been formatted into an 8.5x11 page for ease of printing.

I have included the Industrial Tycoons Handbook within, just to have all of the good stuff in one book, bookmarked for ease of searching.

That being said, if you want your work removed, I can do that if requested and I will post an updated link for download.

This will be added to over tie and I will update the download link

*NOTE* This is a revised link with all those who I could find whose work I have included, if not named I did add the forum on which I have found it.

The file now has expanded to 424 pages, enjoy and please share your ideas, rules and fun toys you create.

The Link:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuoerG55ceADl74yPbEAbwDDoP33vw?e=iDHENq
« Last Edit: 26 October 2023, 21:37:46 by willis »

idea weenie

• Major
Re: BattleTech [Corebook] - Future Wars (Supplement)
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2023, 22:51:03 »
Very good stuff in there, thank you for assembling it.

A few questions/notes/nitpicks:
The Weapons:
What is the difference between "Damage/Hit" and "Dmg Txt"?  These values are identical for the weapons listed.

Nitpick: I prefer ranges to be (minimum) Short/Medium/Long, as that way it only takes up one line instead of 4.  So instead of the Class 2 Chain Gun being:
Minimum Range: 3
Short Range: 8
Medium Range: 17
Long Range: 25

It would be:
Ranges: (3) 8/17/25
(Of course if there is no minimum range, then Excel might try to translate this as August 17, 2025)

Potential Error: page 26: Snub-nosed Gauss Rifle has a Crit size of 0

Potential Error: page 26: "Duel-Purpose" -> "Dual-Purpose" (unless the purpose of this weapon is only to duel other units)

Potential Error: Page 28: Starling's 3065 update, 1st paragraph, 1st sentence: "prospector's" -> "prospectors"

Nitpick: page 31: the map of Military Regions (I didn't read the details about the systems I just went by the map colors and system names):
- If the HQ for Port Stanley was at San Antonio, this would allow support for Hamunaptra but might lose Helios/Solitude to Rorke's Drift military region
- If the HQ for New Jersey was at Rockall, that would allow it to support all of its existing systems and Forts Kerium and Centrum
- New Jamaica looks good, it can support Fort Centrum as-is
- If the HQ for Rorke's Drift was at Pacifica, it would only be one jump away from nearly all of its assigned systems (except for Redemption and Fort Dixie).

With these changes Rorke's Drift could become the national military HQ, as 3 Military Region HQ would only be one jump away, and the base at San Antonio would be the testing ground for future national military leaders.

Error: page 31: 1st paragraph, 1st sentence: "standard fair" -> "standard fare"
Error: page 31: 2nd paragraph, 1st sentence: "But it's the events" -> "But its the events"
Error: page 31: 2nd paragraph, 1st sentence: "descendent" -> "descendants"
Error: page 31: 2nd paragraph, 1st sentence: "buy" -> "by"
Error: page 31: 4th paragraph, 1st sentence: "president" -> "precedent"
Error: page 31: 4th paragraph, 2nd sentence: "who know how" -> "who knows how"
Error: page 31: 5th paragraph, 1st sentence: "if the other Clan's" -> "if the other Clans"
Error: page 31: 5th paragraph, 1st sentence: "strait" -> "straight"

Error: page 35: 2nd title: "MAJOR CASTLE BRIAN'S" -> "MAJOR CASTLE BRIANS"

Error: page 40 (and 41): Several times you have "The New Americas" and other times you have "The New America's".  Recommend picking just one.
Error: page 40: National Symbol: "a bald eagle clutch a" -> "a bald eagle clutching a"
Error: page 40: 1st paragraph, 7th line, the word "forefather’s" has a translation symbol in it, and should instead be "forefathers' "

Error: page 41: 2nd paragraph, 1st sentence: "that has lead them" -> "that has led them"
Error: page 41: 2nd paragraph, 5th line: there are font translation characters in the word 'Española'
Error: page 41: 2nd paragraph, 5th line: "in turn reviving aid" -> "in turn are receiving aid"
Error: page 41: 3rd paragraph, 3rd line: "capable of producing BattleMech's" -> "capable of producing BattleMechs"
Error: page 41: 3rd paragraph, 4th-5th line: "several armed JumpShip's" -> "several armed JumpShips"
Error: page 41: 3rd paragraph, 6th line: "Nebular" -> "Nebula"
Clarification: page 41: 3rd paragraph, 6th line: "Titans Gate"?  As written this is a gate for multiple Titans, unless it is a gate for a Titan "Titan's Gate"
Error: page 41: 3rd paragraph, 7th line: "nebular" -> "nebula"
Error: page 41: 3rd paragraph, 8th line: "automated defence s, possible even," -> "automated defenses, possibly even"
Error: page 41: 3rd paragraph, 10th line: "nebular" -> "nebula"

Error: page 41: 4th paragraph, 2nd line: "between their boards and" -> between their borders and"

Error: page 41: Unit of Currency: "Pound (£)" -> "Pound (£)"

I think that is all for now, I was just glancing over bits here and there.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2023, 00:56:38 »
Tagged.

I collect fan projects, thank you!

Oh, and contact Wrangler here on the forum.  He'll set it up on the battletech fanon wiki.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2023, 00:04:23 »
looks interesting
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2023, 07:46:58 »
Dang it, forgot this.  Thanks, doc.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: 18 October 2023, 09:01:38 »
That's interesting, including our dear departed friend JA Baker/Starbug's work from Outer Colonies Region is awesome.

Hope it's coming along. I've tried archive stuff from his website, since ourbattletech.com/forums is...gone.

How are you dealing if your using, with JA Baker's ships. He was using Heavy Metal Aero, frankly his designs aren't very translatable due to conflicts with weight changes and rules.   Which is bummer.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

willis

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 18 October 2023, 09:53:27 »
The settings I have had for quite some time, but for the technical readout stuff I have had no archives saved, but I am working on my take of the construction rules and equipment tables....I am getting to the point of sharing them soon-ish.... :evil:

willis

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 18 October 2023, 21:54:45 »
Here is a work in progress, it covers the construction rule for Mechs and vehicles.

The Mech construction is the most modified, in particular the internal structure and fusion engines.

For the vehicles, I focused on unifying the rules into one ruleset. the biggest changes are the addition of combat vehicle, conventional fighters and battle armor, as shown in the Smoke Jaguar book.

Please try them out and post your ideas and corrections.

willis

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 18 October 2023, 22:21:55 »
Now for a very rough weapons document. I have tried to add variety on the damage scales between the individual weapons.
For the RAC / 2, you will see two settings, a short burst and long burst, ideal for light units to cause damage above their weight.
For LRM/SRM, each system will gave a different missile damage and range profile, everything between shot to extreme ranges.
The biggest change is in the mass of the capital weapons, for the NL and NPPCs in groupings can cause just as much if not more damage than the equivalent NAC.  :shocked:
As the old saying goes, variety is the spice of life.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #9 on: 18 October 2023, 22:35:19 »
Are you going put these into one document?  Perhaps BattleTech Future Wars: Weapons & Construction?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

willis

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 19 October 2023, 01:41:48 »
once I have the aero space stuff done as well as the gear pages, but I am still tracking down all of those people who's work I have in the book, to give proper credit to

namar13766

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 19 October 2023, 04:33:34 »
Is the ATM supposed to be equivalent of an OTL Thunderbolt Missile?

willis

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 19 October 2023, 05:07:32 »
Is the ATM supposed to be equivalent of an OTL Thunderbolt Missile?

I have based this on the old Battle Droids Heavy missile system, and I took the idea of the Renegade Legion Interceptor  Auto Loading Hard-point and used the damage profiles from the TVLG (10pts) and the SMLM (20pts), in an attempt to give lighter units some punch above their weight of facing heavier units.

willis

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 25 October 2023, 20:52:02 »
Revised file is now 424 pages with a credits page....finished for now.... :evil:

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 26 October 2023, 17:48:13 »
That's interesting, including our dear departed friend JA Baker/Starbug's work from Outer Colonies Region is awesome.

thank you as I could not remember from who that was'
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #15 on: 26 October 2023, 20:06:56 »
What happened to the link I was checking it...

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #16 on: 26 October 2023, 20:07:22 »
Checking..

willis

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: 26 October 2023, 21:36:47 »
New link has been posted - needed to add the proper credits and acknowledgements to all of the contributors....

File now sits at over 400+ pages....enjoy....

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #18 on: 31 October 2023, 21:32:24 »
New link has been posted - needed to add the proper credits and acknowledgements to all of the contributors....

File now sits at over 400+ pages....enjoy....

On page 26, why does the Snub-Nosed Gauss Rifle have a Crit Slot Size of zero?

willis

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: 31 October 2023, 21:47:51 »
It was as I copied it from the source  material - or - I fudged it up....