Author Topic: Clan warships that were the most active from 3050 onward  (Read 1859 times)

Alan Grant

• Captain
I'm wondering which Clan warships (individual named vessels) top the charts in terms of seeing the most action, being in the most battles or Trials, from 3050 onward, through the Wars of Reaving/Jihad eras.

Being active in ground support operations can certainly contribute but I suppose I'm more focused on naval battles against ASFs/Dropships/other Warships.

I really am not expecting that someone has an accurate count on this. It's ok if its really just an opinion/observation based perspective.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
Re: Clan warships that were the most active from 3050 onward
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2020, 18:03:23 »
Dire Wolf leaps out as it got a lot of novel time. Not sure if that translates into combat time. Aero tended to be hand waved away in the early 90s.

I am learning towards something like Ursa Major. Missed REVIVAL but served on convoy duty, 1st and 2nd DC/GB wars with novel and field manual mentions, and ran shotgun with Leviathans in the Jihad. So the right sort of combination of longevity and active service. But really any of those Diamond Shark/Nova Cat ships of the same period would have similar careers and the Falcons would have some contenders too.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2020, 12:33:33 »
Lol, I was going to say Aegis-class b/c of how many were on loan to the Falcons initially and theirs later on- though I am not sure that ever was properly resolved in unit counts.

Then . . . for Clan warships that got mention . . . off the top of my head-

Dire Wolf- de facto Invasion flagship along with Wolf flagship, participated in the Refusal War and then dropped from sight
Werewolf- Warden flagship, involved in the invasion of Tharkad w/capture of Mjolnir, participated in rescue out Outreach, and other actions before the Jihad purge
Emerald Talon- in the background of the Invasion & Refusal War, participated in Jihad?, Op Icestorm, the DA Falcon desant . . . until Malvina dropped it on the Falcon council
Ursa Majoris- background of Invasion (bid away at Rasalhague?), involved in defending Alshain from Black Dragon attack, part of the Trial WWE?
Kerensky's Blues- BSI took the Fredasa from the Falcons, limping repairs, involved at invasion of Tharkad, finished by Falcons
Osis Pride-  Met retreating Hellions besides playing ghost ship of the Periphery
Streaking Mist-  Lincoln Osis ride, joined the Jaguar later on, fought fleeing Scorpellions over a Blakist cache
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Alan Grant

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2020, 08:59:56 »
I keep thinking that a Snow Raven warship may top the charts. I'd be especially interested in knowing which Wars of Reaving Battles the Corvidae and Drake were part of.

We know they were part of the liberation of the Titan Yards and Terra. There is a reference to them showing up in the Outworlds Alliance damaged as part of a big convoy. I keep thinking they were probably involved in one or more of the massive naval battles at Lum during the Wars of Reaving.
« Last Edit: 21 July 2020, 09:02:47 by Alan Grant »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2020, 09:09:23 »
I keep thinking that a Snow Raven warship may top the charts. I'd be especially interested in knowing which Wars of Reaving Battles the Corvidae and Drake were part of.

We know they were part of the liberation of the Titan Yards and Terra. There is a reference to them showing up in the Outworlds Alliance damaged as part of a big convoy. I keep thinking they were probably involved in one or more of the massive naval battles at Lum during the Wars of Reaving.

They could have also been part of the Viper's earlier attack on Lum (Mercer fluff) but . . . since we have never seen them in novels, I am not sure they would match the others.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."