Author Topic: Battletech Long Island  (Read 163643 times)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Re: Battletech Long Island
« Reply #900 on: 19 January 2017, 12:00:05 »
Do our orders imply that we should be engaging armed forces that we come across?

That is up to the field commander at the time.

alentar

• Recruit
« Reply #901 on: 20 January 2017, 08:09:55 »
This is Adept Sanchez to Nejiro control. Dispatching Mongoose mech and Blizzard transport with battle armor for Recon deployment.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #902 on: 20 January 2017, 17:34:40 »
I'll take the eyes-in-the-sky role.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #903 on: 20 January 2017, 17:43:06 »
This is Colonel Greyjoy.  If no one else wants command of the mission, I'll take charge.  Crow's eye and I have been out of action too long.

"What is dead may never die!"

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #904 on: 20 January 2017, 18:28:58 »
What's "Crow's eye"?

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #905 on: 20 January 2017, 18:29:35 »
"What is dead may never die!"
Doesn't this make you a white walker? :o

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #906 on: 20 January 2017, 22:27:28 »
1st Question: Crow's Eye is the name of my commander's Marauder "Mech.
2nd Question: Funny. ;D

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #907 on: 21 January 2017, 19:34:39 »
The Cypress Basin is a combination of wetlands and river delta area where the Yoshino-gawa and Suburashi Bei converge. The basin contains about sixty percent forest habitat and forty percent marsh and open water. The basins dense bottomland hardwoods, swamps, overflow lakes and meandering bayous provide tremendous diversity of habitat for more than two hundred species of resident and migratory birds and numerous other wildlife including great eagles, golden bears, coywolves, alligators and snakes. The basin, susceptible to long periods of deep flooding is sparsely inhabited. The few roads that cross it are elevated or follow the tops of levees. Prisoner interrogation yielded few results. Sparse information came from another prisoner eavesdropping on several conversations. The group arrived approximately two months ago and established compartmentalized mobile base camps within the Cypress Basin that move regularly, avoiding satellite coverage. The units consist of an unknown quantity of infantry and mechanized infantry that use, thus far traditional Kuritan tactics and doctrine.

link to satellite images...
link to maps...
link to personnel files of local guides...
link to rendezvous point with guides...

ok is there anyway to get further information on the links mentioned above ?

also i would like to research the "traditional Kuritan tactics and doctrine" any suggestions on how to do this?

and also how badly are mechs, wheeled and tracked slowed in marsh and swaps? i would think the soggy/ muddy ground at the very least would slow a us down or this type of "footing" would make is slippery so pilot rolls are affected or am i wrong about this?

and did any of the prisoners overheard conversations state what was being used to move the units of these guys?

also i have no problems not being the commander on the field so go for it my friend  ;D O0

i am still trying to figure out what to bring so i will get back to you all on that

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #908 on: 22 January 2017, 08:18:13 »
I suspect that mechs and tracked/wheeled vehicles will have a bad time in this area. It may be treated as level 0 water.

Traditional Kurita tactics and doctrine often means one-on-one combat and a refusal to surrender to the point of suicide.  At the last game, one of the enemy troops tried to blow himself up to kill off my battle armor. He failed only because he tripped on the dead bodies of his buddies.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #909 on: 29 January 2017, 08:29:42 »
Just a little reminder that today we visit the swamp people.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #910 on: 29 January 2017, 22:28:33 »
Anthony, the full cost of 4 IS Standard BA with MGs is 1,620,000 C-Bills according to sarna.net.  Once I get the full list of what's for sale at the arms show, I'll decide what I want to get.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #911 on: 30 January 2017, 11:59:55 »
Anthony, the full cost of 4 IS Standard BA with MGs is 1,620,000 C-Bills according to sarna.net.  Once I get the full list of what's for sale at the arms show, I'll decide what I want to get.

works for me

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #912 on: 30 January 2017, 12:05:16 »
Normal markup is 1.5 for IS gear 2.0 for clan gear

I have to change this after going over older notes.
for any thing on his ship it is 1.25 IS and 1.75 Clan
for things special ordered it is 1.5 IS and 2.0 Clan

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #913 on: 31 January 2017, 17:53:39 »
Specifically, I want to know what the Diamond Sharks are selling.  }:)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #914 on: 31 January 2017, 18:47:08 »
Can I have my total cash on hand?

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #915 on: 31 January 2017, 21:24:02 »
DISCIPLINARY ACTION REPORT

Date:              (approx. 48 hours after last battle)

To:         Colonel Euron Greyjoy, CO/Ironborn

Talon Sgt. Blaine Hasagawa, Dragon's Clutch 2/Chief Security (Bodyguard)

CC:         Personnel Office, Liaison Office

Re:         Disciplinary Action Report/Mechwarrior Shiro Musashi

Based on BattleROM information, monitoring report from Dragon's Clutch command on communications from deployed Dragon's Clutch battlemechs, and evidence given by Chu-i Miyamoto Musashi and Mechwarrior Shiro Musashi, an internal hearing has been held) Tribunal members: Dr. Kira Musashi, Talon Sgt Blaine Hasagawa, Tai-i Ranmaru Ikeda) and this is to inform you of resulting disciplinary action:

Mechwarrior Shiro Musashi (BJ-OA) has been tried and found guilty of Insubordination to a Superior Officer prejudicial to discipline (not resulting in harm otherwise).  His punishment has been judged as:
1) Restriction from Battlemech piloting for 30 days
2) Restriction from Simulator time for 20 days
3) Pay restriction for 30 days
4) Restriction to operationally required areas for 30 days, such areas to be determined by Dragon's Clutch command.

Additional Note:  Colonel Greyjoy, I offer you my personal apology for the disrespect shown to you by my mechwarrior.  If in your opinion this punishment is insufficient for the violation of standards in question, please contact me so that we may discuss the situation.  Thank you – Kira Musashi

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #916 on: 31 January 2017, 21:24:59 »
Sorry, guys, the margins and spacing I just couldn't get right...

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #917 on: 01 February 2017, 05:50:14 »
DISCIPLINARY ACTION REPORT

Date:              (approx. 48 hours after last battle)

To:         Colonel Euron Greyjoy, CO/Ironborn

Talon Sgt. Blaine Hasagawa, Dragon's Clutch 2/Chief Security (Bodyguard)

CC:         Personnel Office, Liaison Office

Re:         Disciplinary Action Report/Mechwarrior Shiro Musashi

Based on BattleROM information, monitoring report from Dragon's Clutch command on communications from deployed Dragon's Clutch battlemechs, and evidence given by Chu-i Miyamoto Musashi and Mechwarrior Shiro Musashi, an internal hearing has been held) Tribunal members: Dr. Kira Musashi, Talon Sgt Blaine Hasagawa, Tai-i Ranmaru Ikeda) and this is to inform you of resulting disciplinary action:

Mechwarrior Shiro Musashi (BJ-OA) has been tried and found guilty of Insubordination to a Superior Officer prejudicial to discipline (not resulting in harm otherwise).  His punishment has been judged as:
1) Restriction from Battlemech piloting for 30 days
2) Restriction from Simulator time for 20 days
3) Pay restriction for 30 days
4) Restriction to operationally required areas for 30 days, such areas to be determined by Dragon's Clutch command.

Additional Note:  Colonel Greyjoy, I offer you my personal apology for the disrespect shown to you by my mechwarrior.  If in your opinion this punishment is insufficient for the violation of standards in question, please contact me so that we may discuss the situation.  Thank you – Kira Musashi

So if I read this right, Shiro has been sent to his room for a month?

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #918 on: 01 February 2017, 08:27:03 »
Pretty much.

The major punishment there is he's not allowed near his battlemech for 30 days or the simulator for 20 (in the event that they need him mounted in 30, they don't want him completely rusty).  The idea that he's not allowed near his own PERSONAL battlemech is infuriating.  This will give him time to study for his upcoming classes, especially since the entertainment feed to his quarters has been shut off.  The money will be interesting too, as we saw from the Cougar he's pretty used to unlimited funds... 

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #919 on: 02 February 2017, 00:44:17 »
To: Dr. Kira Musashi

I have received the disciplinary report regarding MechWarrior Shiro Musashi.  I have no argument with the punishment meted out by the tribunal.  While aggressiveness is a trait I can appreciate in a MechWarrior, insubordination is not.  Thankfully, no harm was done to any of the combined unit.  I humbly accept your apology for MechWarrior Musashi's behavior and look forward to working alongside the Dragon's Clutch in the future.

Sincerely,
Colonel Euron Greyjoy
CO/ The Ironborn

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #920 on: 10 February 2017, 17:27:12 »
Do we have a date for the next game?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #921 on: 10 February 2017, 17:31:21 »
I will know tomorrow

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #922 on: 12 February 2017, 13:53:25 »
Next event will be 2/26

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #923 on: 15 February 2017, 17:24:56 »
Attention all Mech commands stand by for orders.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #924 on: 15 February 2017, 18:58:44 »
Nejiro control to all commands you will prep 3 units from your commands. Each will have 1 Mech, 1 armored and 1 infantry. All units need to be ready for pickup ASAP.  Said forces will be fighting in an open / urban zone.

Command out

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #925 on: 15 February 2017, 19:08:04 »
OK folks this will be a double blind event
It will be on maps
I will need to know what units you are using so I can bring the needed extra minis

The OpFor is a surprise force I have for you  >:D  :-X

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #926 on: 15 February 2017, 20:56:50 »
Nejiro control to all commands you will prep 3 units from your commands. Each will have 1 Mech, 1 armored and 1
infantry. All units need to be ready for pickup ASAP.  Said forces will be fighting in an open / urban zone.

Command out

OK folks this will be a double blind event
It will be on maps
I will need to know what units you are using so I can bring the needed extra minis

The OpFor is a surprise force I have for you  >:D  :-X

VERY COOL! i LOVE double blinds!

kiah to command can i get an idea as to where we are going and the mission, are we driving forces off or protecting a urban area? any more information would assist in making sure the right forces are sent to the mission

(where on the map are we heading)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #927 on: 15 February 2017, 22:12:42 »
VERY COOL! i LOVE double blinds!

kiah to command can i get an idea as to where we are going and the mission, are we driving forces off or protecting a urban area? any more information would assist in making sure the right forces are sent to the mission

(where on the map are we heading)

Command to Hauptmann Franks
You will be defending the urban area.
Driving off or destroying the OpFor will work.
You will be heading to one of the islands to the north.
Please keep the damage to the city and civilian casualties to a minium.
« Last Edit: 16 February 2017, 18:30:13 by shadhawk »

alentar

• Recruit
« Reply #928 on: 17 February 2017, 07:43:57 »
This is Demi-Precentor Sanchez to Nejiro control, Dispatch orders received and confirmed.
I am deploying in my Avatar and assigning an Ajax assault tank and Blizzard hover transport with appropriate battle armor support.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #929 on: 17 February 2017, 15:29:14 »
This is Demi-Precentor Sanchez to Nejiro control, Dispatch orders received and confirmed.
I am deploying in my Avatar and assigning an Ajax assault tank and Blizzard hover transport with appropriate battle armor support.
Nijero control to Demi-Precentor Sanchez roger that. Congratulations on your promotion

sir would that be the Alpha or Beta Blizzard?
« Last Edit: 18 February 2017, 08:31:30 by shadhawk »

Register