Author Topic: Battletech Long Island  (Read 163632 times)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Battletech Long Island
« Reply #180 on: 02 January 2012, 09:15:18 »
I'm leaning toward aero.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #181 on: 02 January 2012, 22:38:34 »
OH what units are up for the CSN vs DCMS gig?

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #182 on: 03 January 2012, 16:58:02 »
Could you clarify what you mean by units? Which aerospace units?  It's the 5th Galedon Regulars vs. the Snow Raven's Gamma Galaxy.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #183 on: 03 January 2012, 20:04:07 »
that is what I was looking for 5th Galadon and Gamma CSN

Crash99c

• Sergeant
« Reply #184 on: 08 January 2012, 20:48:27 »
Hey Guys -

Sorry about the delayed reply...  didn't realize they had changed the address for the website and couldn't log in for the last week or so.

If the choice is only between one or the other of aero or the wob scenario, aero sounds good to me for this month.  How many fighters, what BV2, and will we be bringing dropships too?  my feeling is no more than 8 max fighters and no more than 2 drops per side, or things will get too confusing. 

However, there's a third alternative that we might consider for the game this month:  run the wob mission as planned, but we use either:
1) a large force of an air lance with one drop as reinforcements and they get 6 fighters and one drop,
or
2) if we want to keep it simple, just 4 fighters each. 

That way, we can also get a feel for strafing, striking and bombing rules changes, and play the scenario anyway  ^-^

Also, I would appreciate it if someone would bring Strat Ops and the 3067 and 3085 books to the next session if you guys have them so I can see what the newer fighters/vehicles/mechs are and look over the salvage/repair rules.  Otherwise, I'll be stuck with some pretty limited choices for fighters in the campaign, and won't know how to go about doing repairs during the campaign.   @p?

Finally, on an unrelated note, I think I'm going to run a limited version (1 daishi vs one lance, instead of the star vs company) of my daishi hunt scenario at I-Con this year.  [brew]  Any suggestions on the hunter lance the players will get to try to kill the daishi with?  Looking for something from operation bulldog era and using the units who were involved.

see you on the 22nd

-C

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #185 on: 09 January 2012, 17:05:28 »
I can bring the books.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #186 on: 09 January 2012, 19:02:03 »
OK so an aero fight. I will make up units for players. each player will have 6 units. 1 will be a fighter, 1 mech, 2 vehicle and 2 infantry. the players will be looking to take a building and hold on the map.

Crash99c

• Sergeant
« Reply #187 on: 09 January 2012, 21:55:09 »
Hey Gang -

ty for bringing books, jim.

As for the fight... shouldn't we have at least 2 fighters if this is supposed to be refreshing our memories on aero combat? 

just saying...  otherwise, one lucky shot and no aero testing...

-C

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #188 on: 12 January 2012, 18:26:57 »
Hey Gang -

ty for bringing books, jim.

As for the fight... shouldn't we have at least 2 fighters if this is supposed to be refreshing our memories on aero combat? 

just saying...  otherwise, one lucky shot and no aero testing...

-C

for some it will be a first time use of fighters so we go light. also the new rules are way different the the old days  ::)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #189 on: 21 January 2012, 14:47:18 »
Are we still on for tomorrow?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #190 on: 21 January 2012, 18:02:50 »
Are we still on for tomorrow?

I am going to call it off. the main roads are cleared nice but the secondary roads not so much. if this mess freezes tonight it will be bad tomorrow. so better to be safe and play later then get crunched and not get to play later  O:-)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #191 on: 22 January 2012, 17:53:09 »
Sorry to miss you guys today.  So when are we rescheduling for?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #192 on: 24 January 2012, 22:49:28 »
I will got Grim Sunday to setup the next game.

Crash99c

• Sergeant
« Reply #193 on: 25 January 2012, 20:02:10 »
Hey Guys -

how bout we just play this coming sunday?

-C

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #194 on: 26 January 2012, 17:15:33 »
They might not have the room on short notice.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #195 on: 30 January 2012, 06:18:53 »
we are now set for 2/5/12 .... this Sunday ...with luck no snow and ice  O0

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #196 on: 31 January 2012, 16:23:02 »
I'll be there.

Crash99c

• Sergeant
« Reply #197 on: 01 February 2012, 21:16:21 »
Hey Guys -

Barring unforseen complications, I'll be there... really need to get my btech fix in [drool]

please don't forget the books, jim 

-C

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #198 on: 02 February 2012, 17:01:57 »
Fear not.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #199 on: 11 February 2012, 20:35:22 »
so what do we want this time out?

I figure that the Snow Ravens vs the DCMS should start after I-Con.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #200 on: 12 February 2012, 08:04:03 »
I'd like to get the chance to play with some of the newer designs.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #201 on: 14 February 2012, 17:25:38 »
Maybe we can do some terrain that we haven't done or do rarely.  Maybe we can have some more fun with Shadhawk's bridges.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #202 on: 14 February 2012, 22:24:06 »
we can do both.

I'll work over unit limits over the next few days.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #203 on: 21 February 2012, 13:17:51 »
I will go to grim on Sunday to setup the next date. this will be a take and hold the bridge.

ground forces will be no more then an inner sphere company or clan binary.

personal carriers with troops, omni units with battle armor or Fa Shih ridding on something will be one unit.

you will be looking to hold both ends of the bridge until your reinforcements can take over. it will take them 5 turns to get to you from the time you take both ends. the ends will be the 5" area on each side.  if you destroy the other side first then that works too.

you can pick any ground forces you like .... mechs, armor, vtols and infantry ... no aerospace ... to make up your force. if you destroy the bridge you loose. all ammo types are on the table, all time lines for gear is on the table. force must be clan or IS any faction. units must be of the same faction. by this no mixing House Liao and Davion, Marik and Lyran, Hell horses and Ghost Bear and so on one faction and units from said faction.

skill level is 2/3 for all units.

this will be mini rules and the scale will be 1 to 1.

the battle area will be two land masses with a wide river in the middle. there will be some islands in the river. the bridge is 4 levels high and the land on other side will be the same. there will be hills and woods on each side. there will be some buildings on each end of the bridge. the bridge is about 27" long and that is how wide the river will be. the bridge will hold up to 300 tons per section. so if you put over 300 tons in a section it will destroy that section. if more then one section is destroyed the side that destroyed the second section will lose.

tac note to players ... keep your force balanced ... all big assault and you get to the bridge too late .... all light and fast you will not have the staying power to hold.

ONE MORE THING
I know this will tick off some but to help speed things up I will want players to use the frame of the unit. so if you want to run some form of Locust then bring a Locust frame, you are using a Warhammer then some form of Warhammer frame. proxies work but when the mini and the unit are way different it has slowed things way down so please bring the frame type.
« Last Edit: 23 February 2012, 07:21:56 by shadhawk »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #204 on: 21 February 2012, 13:19:14 »
while I am at it I will be running a game at I-Con an April 1 ... fund to run a game  >:D.

I will post the what it is later this week.

Crash99c

• Sergeant
« Reply #205 on: 21 February 2012, 23:58:02 »
Hey Guys -

Sounds good for the scenario... cept for a few things:

1) no aero again?  [metalhealth]  Why is it that we always use everything else in the game, but no aero?  And I don't mean the bloody simplified crap we used last time.  Oh well, one of these days... 

2) Can we forget about the faction lists and just use anything IS or anything Clan?  There are lots of combos I would like to try that can't be used because they're not on the same unit lists. 

3) what era?  3025? 3050? 3069?  Jihad?  ROS?

4) you did not mention proto's... are they allowed?

Anyway, let me know. 

On a different note, related to your other post, it is now official that I will be running a game at ICON also...

It shall be the mech hunt we talked about. 

I figure to have you make a lance equivalent unit from Operation Bulldog forces to be 3/4 pilots and hunt the lone experimental Dire Wolf...  Winner will be determined by quickest kill of the target mech.  If killed in the same round as some other contender, player with the lowest loss of BV compared to starting BV wins.  If somehow still tied, then player with lowest starting BV wins.  (all BV's to be BV2)  game will be on 4x4 mapsheet grid determined randomly from a group I have selected.  Each player will run the mission independently.  For those who wish to play without creating a lance themselves, will set up a few opfor lances that can be used.  ALL unit types and ammo from that time period will be allowed (as long as they would have been involved in op bulldog), and terrain will be destructible.  the clanner will never retreat, never surrender, never eject, and will keep fighting as long as the mech is not completely destroyed.  If the Dire Wolf is still alive after 15 rounds of combat or 1 hour (realtime) of play, whichever comes first, you lose. 

Rules will be standard with two exceptions:  1) when used with Tcomps, pulse laser will be targetable, effective for both sides; 2) target mech will have a 1/1 pilot with EI.

Sound good?  Let me know if you think it needs to be tweaked.

-C

P.S. - anyone know if the connecticut gang and ogre will be showing up?
« Last Edit: 22 February 2012, 00:00:56 by Crash99c »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #206 on: 23 February 2012, 07:14:18 »
Hey Guys -

Sounds good for the scenario... cept for a few things:

1) no aero again?  [metalhealth]  Why is it that we always use everything else in the game, but no aero?  And I don't mean the bloody simplified crap we used last time.  Oh well, one of these days... 

when using fighters it adds to much time for the game. we only have tops 7 hrs and with the unit size we would not finish the game.

I will set up a game were we will ave small units with fighter cover ... and will add more of the rules. little by little fighters will get in to the mix.

2) Can we forget about the faction lists and just use anything IS or anything Clan?  There are lots of combos I would like to try that can't be used because they're not on the same unit lists. 

no mixing clan and inner sphere. faction lists because you do not have any other limits but 2/3.

3) what era?  3025? 3050? 3069?  Jihad?  ROS?

anything up to 3085 TRO

4) you did not mention proto's... are they allowed?

last I checked Proto's are infantry  ;)

Anyway, let me know. 

On a different note, related to your other post, it is now official that I will be running a game at ICON also...

It shall be the mech hunt we talked about. 

I figure to have you make a lance equivalent unit from Operation Bulldog forces to be 3/4 pilots and hunt the lone experimental Dire Wolf...  Winner will be determined by quickest kill of the target mech.  If killed in the same round as some other contender, player with the lowest loss of BV compared to starting BV wins.  If somehow still tied, then player with lowest starting BV wins.  (all BV's to be BV2)  game will be on 4x4 mapsheet grid determined randomly from a group I have selected.  Each player will run the mission independently.  For those who wish to play without creating a lance themselves, will set up a few opfor lances that can be used.  ALL unit types and ammo from that time period will be allowed (as long as they would have been involved in op bulldog), and terrain will be destructible.  the clanner will never retreat, never surrender, never eject, and will keep fighting as long as the mech is not completely destroyed.  If the Dire Wolf is still alive after 15 rounds of combat or 1 hour (realtime) of play, whichever comes first, you lose. 

Rules will be standard with two exceptions:  1) when used with Tcomps, pulse laser will be targetable, effective for both sides; 2) target mech will have a 1/1 pilot with EI.

Sound good?  Let me know if you think it needs to be tweaked.

-C

P.S. - anyone know if the connecticut gang and ogre will be showing up?

none that I know of

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #207 on: 28 February 2012, 19:01:58 »
OK so far this is what is going on.
I do not have a date for the game as I missed Dave Sunday. as soon as I do I will post it.

for I-Con I will be running on Sunday from 10 to 4 on April 1st ... fun day to be playing  >:D
the battle will have Marik Militia vs Word of Blake fighting at one of Irian MechWorks sites.
the area will be large .... 4 ft x 8 ft  O0.
I will have a combined arms regiment of troops for each sides .... so the more people that make I-Con the the larger the forces.
I will have all the record sheets so all that is need is dice .... everyone has ones they like so bring em .... OH and I know Chessx will have lots if you do not like the ones you have  ;D.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #208 on: 29 February 2012, 16:37:16 »
Maybe Crash should get some new dice and have them blessed. ;) 

Crash99c

• Sergeant
« Reply #209 on: 29 February 2012, 20:38:30 »
Hey Gang -

Dice being blessed... not something I've considered...

ANYWAY

What if we don't have the frame for the thing we want to bring? (record sheets too)

Also, take a wild guess which side I want to be on for the Icon fight...

-C