Author Topic: Adepticon 2023 BTCC - Alpha Strike/Total Warfare Championships  (Read 1657 times)

Goober415

• Private
  • Battletech Pod Owner and Bringer of Mayhem
Hey anyone on here going to Adepticon and doing either of the BTCC events. Looks like an Alpha Strick on Thursday and a Total Warfare on Saturday.
I normally avoid "competitive" events as seems the fun and theme of BT gets sucked out of the game either by the rules/scenarios/odd ball players who want to win at all costs...etc...

But figured I would give it a whirl and see what happens.
Fun part is I have played only a few games of Alpha Strike, so I am not expecting much other than a full day of "learning experience" on that one!

I just downloaded the BTCC rules/build/etc.. info, going to go through that and post a few thoughts after I have soaked that in.
At a min need to build 2x forces ( 1x for each ) make sure they all have 3+ colors, and be ready for some random scenarios where killing opponent is not always the majority of the points.
If you have to ask who is Goober....its already to late.

Charlie Tango

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm feeling a little sketchy...
Re: Adepticon 2023 BTCC - Alpha Strike/Total Warfare Championships
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2023, 18:49:11 »
That's correct.
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature.
There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

-- William S. Burroughs

MarauderCH IIC

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2023, 09:38:25 »
I might do the Saturday event. there are still spots open.

AnejoDave

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2023, 12:43:28 »
If you have questions about AS BTCC, please reach out.  I'm running that event. 
Agent #728

Indianapolis, Indiana

House Kurita

Goober415

• Private
« Reply #4 on: 05 February 2023, 14:56:59 »
@AnejoDave -

So based on the rules snippit below from the rules pack, a couple of questions
1. Are the attacker and defender registries meant to be different force lists, as in they can be two totally different builds?
   a. I would have assumed that you need to build a list but that list is for both attack and defend.
   b. But sounds like they can be different or the same, up to us then correct?

2. On the MUL, when I pick faction ( lets say Kurita ) and then I pick ERA ( lets say Clan invasion ) then once I pick those two, the complete list of units then below, are within scope for me too choose?
   a. Then I can take a mix of mechs/vehicles as long as it meets criteria of rest of the parameters in the rules/force building.

Each player will create two Force
Registries, one (1) Attacker Registry and
one (1) Defender Registry.
- Each Force Registry will have a
maximum of 400 Point Value (PV)
- At least fifty percent (50%) of a
Force Registry PV must be
spent on ‘Mech Units.
- Each Force Registry must have at least
either (8) Units and can have no more
than sixteen (16) Units.
- Units must be selected from the same
Faction and Era list on the Master Unit
List

Charlie Tango

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm feeling a little sketchy...
« Reply #5 on: 10 February 2023, 02:58:17 »

Please note:  A new version of the BTCC packet for Adepticon 2023 will be published soon.

If you have questions about the Classic side game, I'm your huckleberry on that.
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature.
There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

-- William S. Burroughs

Goober415

• Private
« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2023, 09:27:30 »
Looks like BTCC was updated correct?
Not any rule changes that I could see, mainly just some CGL images at bottom of pages and force list image to use.

Also still had a question on the Attacker/Defender Registries, are those list supposed to be different?
Or the same?
Or up to us? ( can be same or different )

AnejoDave

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
Sorry I haven't replied sooner.  Major life hit like, right after I posted this.  (and I thought I had notifications on for when I'm tagged)

Hopefully you emailed us your questions and I've gotten back to you.  Also, for anyone reading this, your force submissions for AS BTCC were due yesterday.  You should have gotten an email from Adepticon. 

#1  - They can be different forces entirely
#2 - Don't forget to pick any of the 'General' lists that might show as valid.  Best way to find out what you need to look at is go into your faction, then pick the right era, then look at the full name.  Typically, most IS factions will say 'Including Inner Sphere General'  There are a few factions that dont list a general list here, but some of the text is still there, so be careful. 

Along with other rules, like following P113 of AS:CE, which governs what constitutes a 'unit', and the other build construction rules in the player packet, yes. 

Thanks
Dave

@AnejoDave -

So based on the rules snippit below from the rules pack, a couple of questions
1. Are the attacker and defender registries meant to be different force lists, as in they can be two totally different builds?
   a. I would have assumed that you need to build a list but that list is for both attack and defend.
   b. But sounds like they can be different or the same, up to us then correct?

2. On the MUL, when I pick faction ( lets say Kurita ) and then I pick ERA ( lets say Clan invasion ) then once I pick those two, the complete list of units then below, are within scope for me too choose?
   a. Then I can take a mix of mechs/vehicles as long as it meets criteria of rest of the parameters in the rules/force building.

Each player will create two Force
Registries, one (1) Attacker Registry and
one (1) Defender Registry.
- Each Force Registry will have a
maximum of 400 Point Value (PV)
- At least fifty percent (50%) of a
Force Registry PV must be
spent on ‘Mech Units.
- Each Force Registry must have at least
either (8) Units and can have no more
than sixteen (16) Units.
- Units must be selected from the same
Faction and Era list on the Master Unit
List
Agent #728

Indianapolis, Indiana

House Kurita

Nuck Fewton

• Recruit
Just wanted to say thanks for running a super fun event. I haven't played battletech competitively before so wasn't sure what to expect. My opponents were all tough and very good sports.

Register