Author Topic: What's in the Pipeline 2: the Wrath of Speck  (Read 174684 times)

Prometheum5

• Sergeant
Re: What's in the Pipeline 2: the Wrath of Speck
« Reply #1380 on: 22 February 2024, 12:54:13 »
Remember when IWM made a big push about all those new social media channels and an increased focus on communication?

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #1381 on: 22 February 2024, 23:02:40 »
In November, Speck posted that: "The next release is done and ready to be printed in January and work on the second release is already in process. I will have the info for the next release up on the web site soon. I just need to confirm something with Mike."

I think it we can assume that there have been more problems with the printer than previously anticipated than just choosing not to provide updates.  Remember, there were only 6 new mechs released in all of 2023.  So the process is just taking a lot longer than we are all used to.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1382 on: 22 February 2024, 23:15:58 »
IWM has certainly had its share of problems in recent years.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #1383 on: 22 February 2024, 23:25:07 »
IWM has certainly had its share of problems in recent years.

Yes, thats true. 

Corrinald

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1384 on: 23 February 2024, 13:02:13 »
Can somebody let the IWM crew know that the new Catapult (20-5182) arm/LRM launcher molds are in bad shape? I have three different sets of the missile launchers and they all have severe cracking lines in them. One of my Catapults torsos looks the same way. I sent them a message months ago but never got a response.

Prometheum5

• Sergeant
« Reply #1385 on: 18 March 2024, 21:00:42 »
Will we get a Q1 release schedule before Q1 is over?

abou

• Captain
« Reply #1386 on: 19 March 2024, 19:39:13 »
I am concerned that we haven't heard anything in so long -- even their social media accounts are pretty much dormant.

I would imagine IWM can handle a larger release schedule, but whatever is happening behind the scenes must be disrupting things tremendously.

Can somebody let the IWM crew know that the new Catapult (20-5182) arm/LRM launcher molds are in bad shape? I have three different sets of the missile launchers and they all have severe cracking lines in them. One of my Catapults torsos looks the same way. I sent them a message months ago but never got a response.
My bet is that has to do with the 3D-printed master IWM got. I wish IWM had told their printer to do it again and make sure he sent a better print. Ultimately it falls on IWM for not insisting on better quality work.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #1387 on: 20 March 2024, 01:51:20 »
I am concerned that we haven't heard anything in so long -- even their social media accounts are pretty much dormant.

I would imagine IWM can handle a larger release schedule, but whatever is happening behind the scenes must be disrupting things tremendously.
My bet is that has to do with the 3D-printed master IWM got. I wish IWM had told their printer to do it again and make sure he sent a better print. Ultimately it falls on IWM for not insisting on better quality work.

While I/We haven't heard anything in a LONG time (Good OR Bad), I know Melissa "Da Office Wench" Morello was fighting cancer.  Back in '22 at least, which was the last I'd heard anything about her.  Got to see her briefly at GC '22, and she looked as good as always, considering what she's going through.  Mike made her retire and FORBADE her from going to work!

I had the impression that Mike and Melissa were the "Management" for IWM, so it would be on them or someone one of them appointed, to look over QC Issues.  If Mike is the One, he's busy as HELL on a SLOW day.   :shocked:  If the Catapult molds came in on a day he was busy with other things, it could've simply "slipped through the cracks".   :undecided:  I don't know, and WE don't know.

Also, as much as some of us LOVE IWM and BT, the simple FACT is that BT minis are basically nothing more than a side line for IWM.   :undecided:  Their "Bread & Butter" is making minis for OTHER games.  Their other jobs keep the lights on, BT minis simply buys their toilet paper.   :laugh:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1388 on: 01 April 2024, 14:38:23 »
Spring 2023 Release is up on the release schedule. I will have pictures added in the next day. Sorry for the delay in getting this posted, several parts were missed in the shipment from the printer in late January. They finally came this month and the factory crew is in process of getting everything molded and made for the release.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1389 on: 01 April 2024, 15:04:32 »
Sorry for my disappearance on here the last few months, the Holiday had me busy and than once we got into January I had bad news from my day job. They are outsourcing our area and that our job offers would require relocation, it was not until late February that we finally had offers and our relocation was many states away. Since our offers would require relocation, I eligible for severance from my employer. I still have a few months to go, but it has caused chaos in my free time. But things have stabilized for me and I will go back and answer some questions.

I will check with Mike about the social media stuff, that was being done by someone at the factory.

Things should be getting batter going forward, progress has been made with getting future releases parted and files ready to be sent for printing. We have a new company doing the printing now, since last year that has done a very good job. We did get caught off guard by the time off at end of year by the person who does the printing. We know now and it should not be an issue going forward.

There were some of the parts that did get redone for the catapult and locust, that had new molds done on them. I was not able to get every single part redone, due to molding costs. For catapult it was the legs and Body.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1390 on: 01 April 2024, 15:05:14 »
Well, going to be ordering extra Archers and Rifleman mechs for sure!

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1391 on: 01 April 2024, 15:09:26 »
Best of luck on the day job front, Speck
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1392 on: 01 April 2024, 15:43:58 »
Will we get a Q1 release schedule before Q1 is over?

There will be three releases in 2024 of 4 mechs. I just posted Spring 2023 and already have ideas for next two. Some I already have files for, but not sent to the printer who prints the master parts.

I will continue to have dreams of the doom courser appearing, I want my quad mech with turret and little tail radio.

That is on the list, it will happen.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1393 on: 01 April 2024, 16:02:30 »
Glad to hear the update, hope things go well with your new job.

Pretty surprised to see the Night Gyr on on the list, but the old sculpt was definitely suffering from being a 90s Ral Partha creation.  Wish there was a new Rec Guide design like the Inferno, Rime Otter, or Iron Cheetah on the list but I'm not turning down a Jade Phoenix A.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1394 on: 01 April 2024, 16:15:04 »
I hope you get a nicer job soon, Mark.

Prometheum5

• Sergeant
« Reply #1395 on: 01 April 2024, 16:40:30 »
Jade Phoenix is pretty exciting, hope there's a possibility of alternate arms in the future. The rest of the wave being existing CGL plastics is not as exciting. CGL's about to drop a whole shedload more plastic based on the Mercs deliveries and the roadmap we've seen. Why can't IWM focus on filling in the gaps?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1396 on: 01 April 2024, 18:33:08 »
Ok, last year's Spring release?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1397 on: 01 April 2024, 20:03:33 »
Glad to hear the update, hope things go well with your new job.

Pretty surprised to see the Night Gyr on on the list, but the old sculpt was definitely suffering from being a 90s Ral Partha creation.  Wish there was a new Rec Guide design like the Inferno, Rime Otter, or Iron Cheetah on the list but I'm not turning down a Jade Phoenix A.

That is why I picked the Night Gyr, plus the D variant was done that will come out later.
Inferno - Is in process, as mentioned before
Rime Otter - Is on the list but needs CAD model built
Iron Cheetah - Is also on the list, and in process with CGL

I hope you get a nicer job soon, Mark.

Thanks

I will create and sticky a thread with what is in the works.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1398 on: 01 April 2024, 22:11:12 »
Thinking about the Night Gyr mini got me thinking: should the Rec Guide sculpts for the redone Clan Omnis be labeled "Prime/T" rather than just "Prime?"  Or would that be potentially too confusing for people who might think that it was coming with the parts to make two different models?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1399 on: 01 April 2024, 22:44:29 »
Thank you Speck!

Corrinald

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1400 on: 02 April 2024, 01:24:49 »
Good to hear from you speck. Hope things start looking up with your job situation.

I am excited to see the Rifleman in pewter; especially the 3C model. Will be good to have the modern Archer and Night Gyr in metal as well. The Night Gyr D is the one with all the missiles isn't it? That will be really snazzy. Don't know too much about modern era designs but the Jade Phoenix is cool looking for sure.

Thank you for the heads up on the Catapult molds.

Highlighter

• Private
« Reply #1401 on: 02 April 2024, 05:03:14 »
That is why I picked the Night Gyr, plus the D variant was done that will come out later.
Inferno - Is in process, as mentioned before
Rime Otter - Is on the list but needs CAD model built
Iron Cheetah - Is also on the list, and in process with CGL

Thanks

I will create and sticky a thread with what is in the works.

I’m so happy to hear Rime Otter is on the list!

Thank you for the update and best of luck with your job situation!

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1402 on: 02 April 2024, 06:10:49 »
Thinking about the Night Gyr mini got me thinking: should the Rec Guide sculpts for the redone Clan Omnis be labeled "Prime/T" rather than just "Prime?"  Or would that be potentially too confusing for people who might think that it was coming with the parts to make two different models?

I have been thinking about this as well. I might add a note in the description for them. Think that would be helpful but not confusing?
Example: Also the T configuration from Rec Guide #

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #1403 on: 02 April 2024, 12:11:58 »
I have been thinking about this as well. I might add a note in the description for them. Think that would be helpful but not confusing?

I honestly think the majority of people are used to the title of the miniature having the variant listed. New people may be a little confused at first, but they will get past that.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1404 on: 02 April 2024, 12:28:07 »
Spring 2023 Release is up on the release schedule. I will have pictures added in the next day. Sorry for the delay in getting this posted, several parts were missed in the shipment from the printer in late January. They finally came this month and the factory crew is in process of getting everything molded and made for the release.

I have added product pages and images for the new releases to the New releases category.

The spring releases will be available on IWM web store May 20th and shipping to retail stores the week of April 22nd.

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #1405 on: 02 April 2024, 15:23:33 »

I like the idea, but it is potentially a large project. Would you do it for IS ‘mechs?

I think the ARC-2R sculpt would also fit the 4M, 4M2, 7C, Archer C, and (almost) 2Rb.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1406 on: 02 April 2024, 15:35:24 »
I have added product pages and images for the new releases to the New releases category.

The spring releases will be available on IWM web store May 20th and shipping to retail stores the week of April 22nd.

Looking good.  Interesting to see that the Night Gyr has the old "salt shaker" style autocannon.  Don't think I've seen a mini that's done that in a few years.

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
« Reply #1407 on: 02 April 2024, 15:46:13 »
Sorry for my disappearance on here the last few months, the Holiday had me busy and than once we got into January I had bad news from my day job. They are outsourcing our area and that our job offers would require relocation, it was not until late February that we finally had offers and our relocation was many states away. Since our offers would require relocation, I eligible for severance from my employer. I still have a few months to go, but it has caused chaos in my free time. But things have stabilized for me and I will go back and answer some questions.

I will check with Mike about the social media stuff, that was being done by someone at the factory.

Things should be getting batter going forward, progress has been made with getting future releases parted and files ready to be sent for printing. We have a new company doing the printing now, since last year that has done a very good job. We did get caught off guard by the time off at end of year by the person who does the printing. We know now and it should not be an issue going forward.

There were some of the parts that did get redone for the catapult and locust, that had new molds done on them. I was not able to get every single part redone, due to molding costs. For catapult it was the legs and Body.

Bad news. I hope your work situation gets sorted soon and in a satisfactory way. Goof luck!
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1408 on: 03 April 2024, 08:40:56 »
I like the idea, but it is potentially a large project. Would you do it for IS ‘mechs?

I think the ARC-2R sculpt would also fit the 4M, 4M2, 7C, Archer C, and (almost) 2Rb.

Yes, it definitely would expand to others. Would have to get a good list of the Inner Sphere stuff. I think it would be helpful information.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1409 on: 03 April 2024, 17:01:26 »
@Speck

Now that the Clan Spaniel sourcebook has dropped, any notions on making a IWM version of a Force Pack with their primary mechs and battle armor in it?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016