Author Topic: They may take our lives, but they'll never take our mechs!  (Read 459 times)

Luciora

• Major
Converted a Crockett to a Black Watch, per the fluff and almost painted the black knight head in blue while adding a pom for a tam-o-shanter nod.

Also fixed up a Grizzly like a Rime Otter.  Probably a bit much humidity on the day I lacquered them, as it is frosted.
« Last Edit: 10 March 2024, 14:20:03 by Luciora »

MarauderD

• Major
Re: They may take our lives, but they'll never take our mechs!
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2024, 15:05:59 »
Sweet mods!!!!

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2024, 06:29:58 »
 :smilie_happy_thumbup:

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 10 March 2024, 14:02:09 »
Not a mod I would have thought possible, but LOVE that tartan! :)

Gladius-XC

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2024, 03:37:16 »
What do you mean by "per the fluff?"

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 11 March 2024, 06:06:33 »
Sweet! :smilie_happy_thumbup:

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #6 on: 11 March 2024, 09:58:34 »
What do you mean by "per the fluff?"

The in-universe fiction and lore, as opposed to game rules.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Gladius-XC

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 11 March 2024, 18:46:59 »
The in-universe fiction and lore, as opposed to game rules.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.  I do know what fluff is.  What I meant was, Luciora said that he converted a Crockett to a Black Watch, per the fluff, and I wondered what he meant by that.  Rereading it now, I realize that I mistook Black Watch for a Black Knight, especially since he's using a Black Knight head.  I thought that he was trying to say that someone, somewhere in the Lore had converted a Crockett to a Black Knight.  But now I think that he was saying that he did some conversion work to make the Crockett a member of the Black Watch.  Do I have the right of it now?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 11 March 2024, 21:05:43 »
Sorry, auto correct changed it from Black Watch to Black Knight originally.  And yes, it was a reference to the original text saying Black Watch mechs were designed from the Crockett chassis. 

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.  I do know what fluff is.  What I meant was, Luciora said that he converted a Crockett to a Black Watch, per the fluff, and I wondered what he meant by that.  Rereading it now, I realize that I mistook Black Watch for a Black Knight, especially since he's using a Black Knight head.  I thought that he was trying to say that someone, somewhere in the Lore had converted a Crockett to a Black Knight.  But now I think that he was saying that he did some conversion work to make the Crockett a member of the Black Watch.  Do I have the right of it now?

Gladius-XC

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 12 March 2024, 04:21:38 »
 :smilie_happy_thumbup:

Nastyogre

• Warrant Officer
  • Sons of the Suns, Defend your homes!
« Reply #10 on: 12 March 2024, 12:05:08 »
If they take your lives, can't they just take your mechs after that? That's sort of the point of lose the meat save the metal?

Looks good. Black Pants Legion's video on the Black Watch is wonderful and whenever I see their paint job, I think of all the fine quotes about them basically being too talented and stubborn to die.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #11 on: 12 March 2024, 17:46:22 »
You mean the Guerra on Terra videos, or some video I'm totally unable to find?  When I search, all I find is meta commentary by a variety of other folks...

Register