Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 164491 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #870 on: 19 February 2018, 13:09:37 »
My brother was showing me a PC game he started playing via Steam, Fractured Space.  Big ship combat, more angled to a shooter, but your driving the ship vs the ship being brought to area where you do the shooting. Certainly pretty, you can play it Multiplayer, teaming up.

It looks interesting, i'm not totally convinced my 2009 desktop can handle it,  it's free. So has anyone played it? I dabbled with it little, but it was set little higher level for me to fight when i've played before.  Though my brother said the single player is tougher than the Multiplayer.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #871 on: 19 February 2018, 14:14:36 »
My brother was showing me a PC game he started playing via Steam, Fractured Space.  Big ship combat, more angled to a shooter, but your driving the ship vs the ship being brought to area where you do the shooting. Certainly pretty, you can play it Multiplayer, teaming up.

It looks interesting, i'm not totally convinced my 2009 desktop can handle it,  it's free. So has anyone played it? I dabbled with it little, but it was set little higher level for me to fight when i've played before.  Though my brother said the single player is tougher than the Multiplayer.

Played it quite a bit, haven't played in a while tho.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #872 on: 22 February 2018, 18:32:23 »
attack of the earthlings
funny game played from perspective of one being invaded...
you defend yourself from a corp that claims it never tests or harm living things when developing and creating new products...but they are heavely armed ;D
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #873 on: 04 March 2018, 15:02:50 »
wartile a figurine game with vikings pretty neat board game with rt elements figurines move when time for the turn is charged and yes you can dress and equip them
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #874 on: 05 March 2018, 14:00:08 »
Playing Mass Effect again. It's been a while since I played it last time, so I started from the beginning. If I could bother to play it through this time. Last time I got distracted by Civ4, Xenonauts, and Phantasy Star II.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

nerd

• Captain
  • Nunc Partus-Ready Now
    • Traveller Adventures
« Reply #875 on: 05 March 2018, 15:32:13 »
Playing Mass Effect again. It's been a while since I played it last time, so I started from the beginning. If I could bother to play it through this time. Last time I got distracted by Civ4, Xenonauts, and Phantasy Star II.
Heh. Been playing a lot of ME2 and 3 of late. I also finally got Civ5 this weekend.

I happily got nothing done.
M. T. Thompson
Don of the Starslayer Mafia
Member of the AFFS High Command

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #876 on: 06 March 2018, 16:29:29 »
Just received a SNES Classic mini and I'm playing Starfox (SNES).

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #877 on: 06 March 2018, 16:48:05 »
Just received a SNES Classic mini and I'm playing Starfox (SNES).

They appear to finally (finally) be reasonably available on store shelves where I've checked. It looks like the supply is catching up.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #878 on: 07 March 2018, 11:09:25 »
I have SNES Mini myself. I was going to hand it to my sister & her children last Christmas, but my father told me to tell her beforehand about it instead just handing it out as a surprise. Turned out sister don't want to allow her children to play video games just yet. Maybe on next Christmas...

But what am I going to do with the console in the meantime? It is still wrapped in plastic and all...

They appear to finally (finally) be reasonably available on store shelves where I've checked. It looks like the supply is catching up.
I wish same could be said about NES Classic Mini :(
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #879 on: 07 March 2018, 13:45:51 »
I wish same could be said about NES Classic Mini :(

They haven't restarted manufacturing again yet. I do expect to see them on the market again in coming months.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #880 on: 10 March 2018, 22:29:45 »
I'm still on a SNES kick here.  I can't escape it!  Anyways, as for SNES games that I was playing, Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (finally beat the second dungeon and received the Zora Flippers, then I was also on a Kirby kick via SNES Mini with *checks the back of the box* Kirby Super Star, and finally, a good chunk of Super Metroid

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #881 on: 10 March 2018, 22:51:17 »
Such good games. Ones I wish they had put on it:

- Final Fantasy II (my first video game melodrama; poor Anna)
- Chrono Trigger (because Chrono Trigger!)
- Actraiser (the only game I can think of that ever made a narrative out of a god game plus a beautiful 2D platformer)

But they did have a really good lineup on there.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #882 on: 11 March 2018, 11:38:27 »
This is one of my creations on Minecraft, the French Battleship Jean Bart.  It's not as DETAILED as many ship sculptures out there, but she moves and works vs a building.   Best I can do on the Navycraft plugin.  Since size/scale is factor.  The main guns are too big to turn as full turret, but they d fire.  The side guns and rear guns turrets are fully operational, with armor and secondary guns.  With plugin, TnT is fired terrible consequences what happens when it detonates.  ;) Alot fun. I also added torpedoes tubes for sake of adding more firepower, hidden on her broadsides.

I can't recommend the server this ship is on, i can direct anyone to the spigot where you can try get to work. Also, i'd recommend downloading the texture pack that works with this, Here.
« Last Edit: 11 March 2018, 11:58:55 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #883 on: 11 March 2018, 11:50:29 »
I bought Mega Drive Flashback HD and handed it over to anime club on last December. To my surprise, it don't see much of use. In last month's anime watching session I got only 1 or 2  to play Mortal Kombat 3 and Altered Beast. Since I didn't get anybody else to play with it, I got started with Phantasy Star. And do you know what? That game can be saved almost at any time! And to my understanding the game is Master System version running under emulation. 8 bit console game that can be saved and loaded at will like a PC game... Holy Frak!

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #884 on: 11 March 2018, 15:09:29 »
Uploaded Skyrim again (with a bunch of mods) since I was done with all the new games I wanted to play and ... it's still the best. It may be outdated in terms of graphics, but it's just sheer fun and never ends.  8)

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #885 on: 11 March 2018, 15:23:25 »
Uploaded Skyrim again (with a bunch of mods) since I was done with all the new games I wanted to play
"All the new games" you say? Can you share your opinion about Kindom Come: Deliverance?

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #886 on: 15 March 2018, 19:16:33 »
ok it seems that civ 6 had a bug that been missed and explain why Ai was not to good or as good as civ 5
https://www.pcgamer.com/typos-in-a-civilization-6-data-file-are-messing-with-the-ais-priorities/
all because of a typo this would explain a lot of negative reviews
btw it seems not to had been fixed either found it in my copy and corrected it and it seems game has new life in it.

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #887 on: 22 March 2018, 11:00:50 »
"All the new games" you say? Can you share your opinion about Kindom Come: Deliverance?
I said all the new games I wanted to play. That game doesnt interest me much, and based on the reviews it seems buggy.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #888 on: 22 March 2018, 14:25:59 »
I said all the new games I wanted to play. That game doesnt interest me much, and based on the reviews it seems buggy.
Do you know of any recent game that isn't? ::)

I have read much of the same and seen it in gameplay videos. I have seen some BS said (thank goodness it's not in Finnish language) about that game too. I'll wait until the game (Kingdom Come: Deliverance) gets patched up and then buy it. Until then, I'm drooling over the videos made by Metatron and Shad.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #889 on: 22 March 2018, 14:36:58 »
*continuing to click F5 to see if it's Far Cry 5 day... over and over...*  ;D
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #890 on: 24 March 2018, 13:06:25 »
Do you know of any recent game that isn't? ::)

I have read much of the same and seen it in gameplay videos. I have seen some BS said (thank goodness it's not in Finnish language) about that game too. I'll wait until the game (Kingdom Come: Deliverance) gets patched up and then buy it. Until then, I'm drooling over the videos made by Metatron and Shad.
Whatever floats your boat, pal. I'll stick with the classics because theyre classics.

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #891 on: 24 March 2018, 13:51:48 »
Bravely Default.

I don't hate it. But it's just a Final Fantasy game based around the Job system. The mechanic (Default to defend and store up extra actions, Brave to take extra actions, which you either have to have saved up via Default or pay back in later rounds by doing nothing) is neat, however...

I'm not sure I see why so many people spoke so highly of the game. It's not BAD, it's worth playing, and I'm enjoying it, but it's also not the greatest 3DS game ever made or the second coming of the Final Fantasy series, as so many reviews claimed it to be.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #892 on: 24 March 2018, 16:02:23 »
Bravely Default.

I don't hate it. But it's just a Final Fantasy game based around the Job system. The mechanic (Default to defend and store up extra actions, Brave to take extra actions, which you either have to have saved up via Default or pay back in later rounds by doing nothing) is neat, however...

I'm not sure I see why so many people spoke so highly of the game. It's not BAD, it's worth playing, and I'm enjoying it, but it's also not the greatest 3DS game ever made or the second coming of the Final Fantasy series, as so many reviews claimed it to be.

I think I'm with you. It's a perfectly fine JRPG with a nice mechanic. The chibi appearances are an acquired taste. But I agree that it's not the second coming by any stretch.

Blackhorse 6

• Night Stalker Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant
  • Uh huh...
« Reply #893 on: 25 March 2018, 13:53:13 »
Tropico V - every expansion... while I wait for Tropico VI   :))

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #894 on: 27 March 2018, 12:39:04 »
Subnautica

Took a break from Skyrim since I pretty much finished all the main quests and I decided to try this one out for a few hours...

The next thing I knew it was morning already lol.

The underwater sequences are great, and being a certified diver its very realistic with some exceptions (fish dont bellow, and the pressure when you descend isnt covered). I havent dived in years but I'm starting to get the itch after playing this.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #895 on: 27 March 2018, 13:24:12 »
Speaking of Tropico, I played a lot of Surviving Mars last week and this (same developer). I have to say, I see a flawed gem.

Pros:
- I get to be Mark Watney's mission project manager!
- Resource gathering and balance is addictive
- The thematic clothing of the game is very good. Some of the plaintive synth music playing as I tilt the camera to ground level looks just like a Chris Foss painting
- Environmental challenges are really very appropriate (dust storms, static storms, dust-devils, etc)
- The tech tree is unique in that there are five major subjects but you can research in any order you wish
- The balance between robotic support systems, human labor, and Earth support missions is very good and feels real

Con:
- I play on the couch with my Steam controller. The controller interface is currently usable, but has bugs including tooltips not showing up for the right building, having to tab over to another construction page to enable the selection, etc. It gets irritating. I may go back to the mouse interface and use a fan controller profile.
- Pathfinding is passable, but rovers and trucks regularly do not use tunnels which is stupid. If I turn my programmer brain on, I can think of multiple search methods to prioritize the efficiency of tunnels. No excuse for this.
- Resource sharing between pads (you lay down outside storage pads) is a hot mess. It's not bad through the mid-game but late-game resource management gets teeth gnashingly frustrating when you have to get electronics and metals 2/3 of the way across the map and the flying shuttle-craft just don't seem to "get it".
- Route management to help with resource management is pretty much absent. I can set up a temporary route to haul resources from location 1 to location 2 until location 1 runs out (then the vehicle just sits there). This is brain-dead and requires all the wrong kind of micromanagement.
- Domes exist as entirely separate entities. Until you have flying shuttles, colonists will not move between domes beyond a set distance. This makes specialization very very difficult. Which is silly because resources across the map are unevenly distributed. If you have to replicate 3/4 of services for every dome but not make resources available everywhere, then you'd better have good resource management tools (Narrator: They don't have good resource management tools).

On the whole I waver between really liking the game and really wanting to like the game. The flaws only really start to emerge mid-to-late game, unfortunately. So you're left with a very unsatisfying abusive relationship. Loving and wooing at first, but then acting like a senseless simpleton later.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #896 on: 27 March 2018, 19:21:12 »
Picked up Far Cry 5 today, sadly haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, but, soon...soooooon.... :drool:

For that matter, I still need to finish Far Cry 4 sometime.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #897 on: 28 March 2018, 10:16:30 »
I played a lot of Surviving Mars last week and this (same developer). I have to say, I see a flawed gem.
Thanks for sharing. Please do tell if problems ever get fixed and I just might buy the game then. Regarding theme of the game, this video is interesting to watch
You can do it, Elon!

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #898 on: 29 March 2018, 15:33:23 »
Vermintide II - The original was... meh. Loving this one, though. Lots of nuance to combat. Looks amazing, too. Best Warhammer title since SpaceMarine. No doubt.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #899 on: 29 March 2018, 15:40:18 »
Best Warhammer title since SpaceMarine.
:o
Have you tried Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon or Total War: Warhammer series?

Register