Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Online Database - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 314907 times)

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Online Database - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #150 on: 05 August 2011, 09:21:26 »
For the BA listing it looks like the tonnage is listed for a per suit basis (e.g. 1 ton) while the BV is listed on a per squad basis.  Shouldn't the entries use the same standard? 

monty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #151 on: 05 August 2011, 09:27:23 »
Source TRO for the Stalking Spider 3 is listed as TRO 3060. While the Stalking Spider 1 & 2 are described in TRO 3060 the 3 is not mentioned. The Stalking Spider 3 is described in a milispecs article from BattleCorps.

Solution: Change Source TRO to BattleCorps.

Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum.
Let him who desires peace prepare for war. (Vegetius)

megatrons2nd

• Warrant Officer
  • All hail Megatron
« Reply #152 on: 08 August 2011, 11:55:11 »
I'm not exactly sure it is an error or not.  The Marauder MAD-1R and MAD-2R, The Exterminator EXT-4D, and the Atlas II AS7-D-H2 are all listed as Inner Sphere Clan General.  I thought they were extinct.
« Last Edit: 08 August 2011, 12:04:53 by megatrons2nd »
All the world's a joke and the people merely punchlines.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #153 on: 08 August 2011, 15:58:56 »
I'm not exactly sure it is an error or not.  The Marauder MAD-1R and MAD-2R, The Exterminator EXT-4D, and the Atlas II AS7-D-H2 are all listed as Inner Sphere Clan General.  I thought they were extinct.

The Atlas II apparently didn't go extinct among the Clans, just the Inner Sphere.  They were pulled out of the Brian Caches periodically and one was even used at Tukayyid according to TRO3075.  TRO3050U notes that the Clans have but don't use the EXT-4D.  Given the way that's worded, I'd imagine they lost access after the Jihad.  As to the Marauders, we simply don't have information on them for the Clans.

megatrons2nd

• Warrant Officer
  • All hail Megatron
« Reply #154 on: 10 August 2011, 21:06:26 »
Several of the 3085 units don't show which of the 3 3085 books they are in.
All the world's a joke and the people merely punchlines.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #155 on: 15 August 2011, 18:31:23 »
Is possible to setup MUL to be able to have two groups of units to be able to compare them for possible game?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #156 on: 15 August 2011, 18:45:05 »
For now, having two different browser tabs or windows open should do a decent job of that.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not arguing with the suggestion, just offering a way to do it right now.
« Last Edit: 15 August 2011, 21:28:54 by Moonsword »

Crunch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #157 on: 15 August 2011, 21:27:32 »
How about as a bonus feature adding a Perks list for units?
It's really, it's a very, very beautiful poem to giant monsters. Giant monsters versus giant robots.
G. Del Toro

Dread Moores

• Captain
« Reply #158 on: 17 August 2011, 23:37:06 »
Locust LCT-5T is not showing up as available to the CapCon.

2nd paragraph under Variants (pg. 226, TRO 3085) seems to indicate that it should be available to the CapCon.

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #159 on: 22 August 2011, 14:52:45 »
Is possible to setup MUL to be able to have two groups of units to be able to compare them for possible game?

Another FYI, Part of the Solaris Skunkwerks (SSW) download is a program I wrote called Battletech Force Balancer which allows you to create and manage two separate forces and balance them against each other (and print all sheets in whatever format you want).

I don't currently have plans to add multiple force balancing to the MUL website.

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
« Reply #160 on: 22 August 2011, 15:11:05 »
Does anyone know of a database where I can find the intro dates to the units? Or do I have to dig through the TROs and find the data?
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #161 on: 28 August 2011, 17:31:53 »
Hermes II HER-5Sr and Vulcan VT-5Sr are the wrong weight. They are both listed as 35t, but the record sheets has them at 40t, like all other Vulcans and Hermes IIs.

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
  • "Now, let's add a couple of happy Death Commandos"
« Reply #162 on: 29 August 2011, 13:48:55 »
Hello, I have a question regarding the Master Unit List tool on www.classicbattletech.com (which is awesome by the way!)

In the "My Force" window, for each unit is a drop-down menu for Gunnery and Piloting (ranges 0 - 7). After selecting the appropriate skills for a unit and clicking "save", it adjusts the BV.

When you add an infantry platoon or point, the drop-down under Piloting remains. I notice that changing the Piloting value for infantry units also changes their BV after clicking "save".

Is this actually the Anti-'Mech skill given that infantry do not have a piloting skill?
"I can't save his life, it's too embarrassing!" - Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC SSC

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #163 on: 29 August 2011, 13:49:20 »
Yes, it is.

Trenchknife

• Sergeant
  • Combined Arms is Life and Death
« Reply #164 on: 29 August 2011, 18:12:26 »
So I can add units and save the entire list that I named.  I can call up a list that I previously saved and remove a unit.  What I can't figure out how to do is to remove an entire list (delete it) once it has been saved.  Need to unclutter and I can't figure out how.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #165 on: 29 August 2011, 19:09:11 »
Is there a time limit posted for unsaved forces?  I was building a force, got distracted, and when I came back to add another unit, my force was gone.

Neufeld

• Captain
« Reply #166 on: 31 August 2011, 04:10:26 »
The 'Vindicator VND-3LD (Dao)' does shows up when I specify 'Inner Sphere' tech level. This is wrong, since it is a mixed tech unit.

-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

billclo

• Sergeant
« Reply #167 on: 06 September 2011, 13:16:29 »
I have been having problems finding the record sheets for some Battle Armor units:

Elemental (fire armor) AP Gauss, Flamer, MicroPulse laser. All are listed as TRO3085u. They aren't in TRO 3085, and not listed in the table of contents for TRO3085 supplemental. Is there a 3085 Upgrade for sale? I haven't been able to find it.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #168 on: 06 September 2011, 13:52:59 »
I have been having problems finding the record sheets for some Battle Armor units:

Elemental (fire armor) AP Gauss, Flamer, MicroPulse laser. All are listed as TRO3085u. They aren't in TRO 3085, and not listed in the table of contents for TRO3085 supplemental. Is there a 3085 Upgrade for sale? I haven't been able to find it.

TR 3085 p190.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #169 on: 06 September 2011, 14:10:17 »
There are 3 seperate 3085 record sheets available. I missed one of them myself and had to get it the other day. Now if we could only get the new 39u i would be happy.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Neufeld

• Captain
« Reply #170 on: 06 September 2011, 14:25:26 »
Stooping Hawk: Prime, A, B, C, D, E
There is no era listed for the Stooping Hawk configs listed above. Considering the history of this mech, and the fact that it is fluffed to be based on a design the Bears rejected in favor of the Mad Dog, it needs to have the era of configs Prime, A, B, and C set to Late Succession Wars (since Mad Dog has that era). The record sheets (RS3060u) lists D as Clan Invasion and E as Civil War.

-- Grendel Roberts
"
-- Elias Crichell

billclo

• Sergeant
« Reply #171 on: 06 September 2011, 14:37:54 »
TR 3085 p190.

Hi. I saw that, but it doesn't really help define what is the official configuration of a fire-armored Elemental. Removing the AP mount and SRM-2 reload nets 25kg, but converting to 10 pts of fire-proof armor requires 50kg...unless the unit drops to 9 pts fire-proof armor? I don't see how else it could be done, but unless I see something different in print, what am I to assume?

The situation with either the flamer or micro-pulse laser is even more undefined as they are lighter than the AP Gauss (heaviest of the listed weapons options).

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #172 on: 06 September 2011, 15:40:28 »
Hi. I saw that, but it doesn't really help define what is the official configuration of a fire-armored Elemental. Removing the AP mount and SRM-2 reload nets 25kg, but converting to 10 pts of fire-proof armor requires 50kg...unless the unit drops to 9 pts fire-proof armor? I don't see how else it could be done, but unless I see something different in print, what am I to assume?

The situation with either the flamer or micro-pulse laser is even more undefined as they are lighter than the AP Gauss (heaviest of the listed weapons options).

The Record Sheets show the final sheets for the units.  That may help you figure out what you are looking for, but the MUL can't change what is or is not in the Technical Readout. 
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

manticore72

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #173 on: 18 September 2011, 13:15:16 »
Thanks, I can add a password reset that will send an e-mail to you...but no reminder as it is encrypted.

Will we see a password reset function soon for the MUL?

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #174 on: 18 September 2011, 16:31:21 »
Per TR3085 p. 62, the Nyx should not be available to the Capellan Confederation, as it was only supplied to Coalition members, and even then only in small numbers.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #175 on: 19 September 2011, 00:39:24 »
Add TDR-9M Thunderbolt to Marian Hegemony, per TRPP p. 42.

DarkMessiah

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • NGS-6T Nightsky - Mini-Berserker!
« Reply #176 on: 19 September 2011, 01:01:06 »
Bushwacker BSW-X2 has Faction Availability as Unique. Though this design has no fluff that I'm aware of, I'm guessing it should be a standard refit rather than a unique design. I would guess it should be available to the FedCom states, etc.

Ostroc OSR-2C (Michi) has Faction Availability as Unique / Draconis Combine. Should be Unique / Extinct to match other Unique 'Mechs from the current Historical range.

Zeus (Leonidas) has Faction Availability as Unique. Should probably be Unique / Extinct to match other Unique 'Mechs from the current Historical range.

Battlemaster BLR-1G (Red Corsair) has Faction Availability as Unique. Should probably be Unique / Extinct to match other Unique 'Mechs from the current Historical range.

Stalker STK-3F (Jagawen) has Faction Availability as Unique. Should probably be Unique / Extinct to match other Unique 'Mechs from the current Historical range.

Highlander HGN-732 (Colleen) has Faction Availability as Unique / Word of Blake. Should be Unique / Clan Blood Spirit.

Atlas AS-7D (Danielle) has Faction Availability as Unique. Should probably be Unique / Extinct to match other Unique 'Mechs from the current Historical range.
Battletech fan, Battlecorp member (LYA-0BF3), Catalyst Demo Agent (#402), unapologetic Lyran Loyalist, and obsessed with canon custom designs.

Malvina Hazen for ilKhan!
3rd Lyran Royal Guards: The Pride of Tamar

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #177 on: 19 September 2011, 01:41:43 »
Per Field Manual Periphery records sheets, add CGR-2A2 Charger to Marian Hegemony.
« Last Edit: 19 September 2011, 17:08:49 by Xotl »

Shi_no_Kami

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #178 on: 22 September 2011, 06:43:05 »
Will we see a password reset function soon for the MUL?

My sentiments exactly. This would be very nice... very very nice.

Stormfury

• Major
  • Death couldn't stop me. How will you?
« Reply #179 on: 22 September 2011, 23:47:45 »
Stormcrow H should be Clan/Inner Sphere General in line with other H-series Omnis from 3050. In FM: U's RATs (p. 207 on) it is present in the lists for Clan Star Adder in addition to the Horses and Cats.
« Last Edit: 30 September 2011, 05:57:51 by Stormfury »
Mordin Solus: We need a plan to stop them.
John Shepard: We fight or we die. That's the plan.
Ashley Williams: Wow. That's the plan? Is it just me, or did Shepard have better plans before he died?
Urdnot Wrex: Silence! This is the best plan anyone, anywhere has ever had!
Garrus Vakarian: Yes! I AM SO THERE I AM THERE ALREADY!
Tali'Zora vas Normandy: *Facepalm*

Register