Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Online Database - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 314870 times)

Rainbow 6

• Captain
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Online Database - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #600 on: 11 November 2012, 12:31:52 »
Thanks for the reply, i was doing a general search for Raven Alliance units made with clan or mixed tech, i was surprised when the MUL only gave me the option for 2 clan tech fighters.

I'm guessing Proto's haven't been worked out yet as none came up on the search?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #601 on: 11 November 2012, 13:06:45 »
Thanks for the reply, i was doing a general search for Raven Alliance units made with clan or mixed tech, i was surprised when the MUL only gave me the option for 2 clan tech fighters.

I'm guessing Proto's haven't been worked out yet as none came up on the search?

The Raven Alliance doesn't exist until the Early Republic.  For the Early Republic era, we've only done Mechs and Vehicles.
The Snow Raven availability in the Jihad should give you a good idea of what they have, except for new units.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #602 on: 13 November 2012, 16:51:01 »
Actually, just tracked combat vehicles, not all vehicles.

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor above all, Except of Vengance
« Reply #603 on: 13 November 2012, 16:53:48 »
Hi there, I think that the http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/2414/pandion-combat-wige-infantry is missing the Infatry Transport value, as it can transport a full squad of BA troops.
While some fight with honor, Others win battles

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #604 on: 30 November 2012, 12:29:49 »
According to the MUL (http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5255/tomahawk-thk-63b)
The THK-63b is available in Battlecorps, but I've looked through all the MilSpecs articles I can think of and cannot find the information for this fighter.
So where is it?
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #605 on: 30 November 2012, 18:05:30 »
Looks like one of the others got to the online portion of that before I could but check the SLDF Royal refits section in TRO3075.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #606 on: 30 November 2012, 18:21:03 »
The MUL was mistakenly reporting the RS at Battlecorps.  There is no RS for it yet. 
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #607 on: 07 December 2012, 18:14:05 »
The Quickdraw QKD-8P is using the default Quickdraw image, if it has no image of it's own from TRO:Prototypes it should probably be using the QKD-8X's image as it is a production model of the later

All the units produced by this search: http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit?Name=&HasBFAbility=&HasBV=false&MinTons=&MaxTons=&MinBV=0&MaxBV=0&MinIntro=&MaxIntro=&MinCost=&MaxCost=&Types=21&SubTypes=30&SubTypes=31&SubTypes=32&SubTypes=33&SubTypes=34&SubTypes=35&SubTypes=36&SubTypes=37&SubTypes=38&SubTypes=39&BookAuto=

Notably lack Record Sheets and I believe they are repeat entries of either other units in the MUL or erroneously generated/added, all units on that list come from the Housebooks and later appeared in TRO:3085 under different names and updated for the new construction rules

Finally it would be nice, if possible, to have some indication of when a unit might be found

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #608 on: 08 December 2012, 06:46:16 »
The "Cost" field appears to be text vice numerical.  This makes sorting by cost problematic, as 11,000,000 is filed before 1,400,000.  Commas would also be helpful.

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #609 on: 09 December 2012, 19:20:36 »
Hi Daryk,

Are you clicking on the Cost column header to sort it?  I am not seeing the issue with the two values you mentioned in my tests.  The comma was intentionally left off specifically so that the sort WOULD work. =)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #610 on: 09 December 2012, 19:38:42 »
Skyhigh,
     Yes, when I click on the cost column to sort, it appears to be sorting purely by alphabetical order, such that 10152706 (SHD-5M) and 11807510 (AXM-1M) are before 1248700 (HNT-152), which is then followed by 13015625 (Marauder Bounty Hunter).  The filters I'm using are: Production Eras Late Succession War; Types BattleMech; Techs Inner Sphere.  The whole list is 149 units.  The last unit with an actual cost (i.e. before it gets into the NA's) is the BLR-2C (9894294).  My previous examples were arbitrary round figures for convenience.  Hopefully that didn't cause too much confusion.

-Daryk

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #611 on: 09 December 2012, 19:51:03 »
Now I see what you are talking about, funny that my original search worked without doing that.  I'll see if there is some way to tell the Javascript sorter I am using that the field is numeric...I took away the commas specifically because it considered the field as text then.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #612 on: 09 December 2012, 20:52:13 »
Thanks for looking into it!  O0

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #613 on: 09 December 2012, 23:02:36 »
So it turns out that the issue was the "NA" that I was filling in for records without a Cost.  This NA I think was forcing the sorter into seeing the column as a string and not a number.  I've removed the NA and now all the tests that I can think of seem to be sorting correctly.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #614 on: 10 December 2012, 04:29:05 »
Thanks again!  I should have time to try it out after work tonight.

George_Labour

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #615 on: 12 December 2012, 15:11:55 »
I'm having trouble using the MUL on my Nitro LG phone. This issue is a very recent one (two months?) and started around the last major update when the /mobile part of the site was removed. So chalking these up to teething errors of a new format though they are inconvenient as I mostly access the MUL through my phone when at a game.

The biggest issue is that when I go to a specific unit to look up its Battleforce stats I do not get all of the information. For some reason I see two large blank boxes which apparently should contain the image card one sees when viewing the entry on a normal computer, and a string of information about the units points cost, weight, damage, and special abilities. However the part listing the armor and structure "bubbles". and the unit image itself are simply not there. I assume that's because those two items are part of one of those two blank image boxes I'm seeing.

For some reason the pages aren't loading like they were a few months ago, and for some reason when I go to the units page I have to scroll down through all the various filter options before I'm presented with the units that were found in my search. When a specific unit entry is loaded the image for it takes up the majority of the screen and I can't seem to zoom out at all.

It also seems that when there are multiple camospec images for a unit it loads them in a vertical lne that can make scrolling down to the bottom of a page kind of a chore for units such as the Warhammer.

When I go to a normal computer everything looks fine but as my friend commented on having similar issues using his Iphone I'm not sure if my graphical issues are a end user error or something with the list itself.

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #616 on: 12 December 2012, 15:52:52 »
Heya George_Labour,

It looks like it wasn't correctly grabbing the mobile view for the details page.  I just updated the site code and tested on my android and I am seeing the correct view now which includes the BF data as you would expect.

Try it out and let me know!

George_Labour

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #617 on: 12 December 2012, 17:58:34 »
Looks to be back to the way it was and working like a charm on my phone once again. Thanks for the quick turn around.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #618 on: 12 December 2012, 19:30:47 »
Skyhigh,
    Sorry for the delay... work was a little more than I expected yesterday.  The cost sort seems to be working now.  Thank you!

-Daryk

George_Labour

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #619 on: 13 December 2012, 20:58:53 »
I seem to be having trouble viewing it on my android phone again.  :-[

I didn't do anything to the phone's configurations so I'm pretty sure it's not something I did. Unless I'm supposed to be going to a different page to get the mobile friendly content instead of the regular front page for the MUL site.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #620 on: 14 December 2012, 16:30:43 »
I just ran a quick check.  Things are working for me.

Nexus 7
Android 4.2.1
Mobile Chrome 18

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
« Reply #621 on: 15 December 2012, 02:19:05 »
So, the Hellion goes from Clan General in the Jihad to a more restricted list in the Republic? I guess that could happen but it still seems odd.

Also, no availability data shows up at all for the Burrock 2, and the Blood Kite 3, which didn't show up in the product, appears to have a page and is listed as 3067u.  So, that's also weird.

Perhaps you are already aware of these things. Hopefully this comment isn't completely useless.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #622 on: 15 December 2012, 06:52:53 »
I'm assuming with the Hellion they're becoming less available due to no production replacing losses.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #623 on: 15 December 2012, 07:29:22 »
So, the Hellion goes from Clan General in the Jihad to a more restricted list in the Republic? I guess that could happen but it still seems odd.

Loss of production facilities or simple abandonment of a design can lead to reduced availabilities.

Also, no availability data shows up at all for the Burrock 2, and the Blood Kite 3, which didn't show up in the product, appears to have a page and is listed as 3067u.  So, that's also weird.

Yes, Burrock 2 is known and is no error. It is not available to any Inner Sphere power at the moment.
Blood Kite was entered in error.

I'm assuming with the Hellion they're becoming less available due to no production replacing losses.

Please keep all discussion in the Errata Discussion Thread.  Every post here sends an email to people who will think something could be up with the website, please don't make us panic for no reason. Thank you.
« Last Edit: 15 December 2012, 14:57:26 by Xotl »
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Hussar2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #624 on: 15 December 2012, 11:24:27 »
Some aerospace units from RS3067U Don't have faction availability for the Republic era.
Strangely the newer variants of these units do have availability both for the Jihad and the Republic era.
Chaeronea , 2, 3
Issus ,2, 3
Tyre ,2
Ammon
Xerxes, 2
Merlin 3063
Arcadia
Outpost 3063, 3070
Assault Triumph 3062
Overlord A3
Nekohono'o (standard)
Conquistador

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #625 on: 15 December 2012, 11:55:13 »
The older fighters haven't necessarily been resolved by the MUL Team yet, while the new units had their availability determined when they were put into the MUL.

George_Labour

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #626 on: 15 December 2012, 16:45:43 »
I just ran a quick check.  Things are working for me.

Nexus 7
Android 4.2.1
Mobile Chrome 18

Odd I wonder why It's loading the wrong way for me then.

There's no special adress for the mobile function anymore correct? It's just www.masterunitlist.info with no special extensions for mobile or anything else?

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #627 on: 16 December 2012, 15:45:01 »
As far as I can tell, the site does it by sniffing the user agent string.  Putting in a Chrome for Android string as an override in my laptop's browser gets me the mobile site.  So no, you shouldn't need to do anything like that.

sillybrit

• Major
« Reply #628 on: 29 December 2012, 02:18:35 »
Ailette Rescue PA(L) is given an introduction date of 3080 in the MUL, but according to XTRO Periphery it entered production in 3074.

EDIT: Scrub that. I think. There appears to be a un-statted production Ailette Rescue as well as the experimental Ailette Rescue judging by the fluff. I'm going to pester jymset.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2012, 02:28:37 by sillybrit »

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #629 on: 01 January 2013, 12:44:01 »
A small request for our resident MUL users:

I'm currently working on getting missing images into the MUL. So, if you notice anything missing, wrong or even bad image quality: Please tell me. I will then try to get a new/improved image up ASAP. There are far too many units in the MUL to see them all, so a few more eyes help :)
You do not need to go out of your way to find anything, but if you are using the MUL anyway, and notice anything, anything at all, please ping us.
You do not need to report any TRO VA images, though. I'm currently on those, a few are already up, others are in the works.
TRO Prototypes doesn't need reporting, either, we are aware of the holes there (though a few have been stuffed).

Anything else is game :)
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost