Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Online Database - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 314916 times)

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Online Database - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #750 on: 20 August 2013, 06:11:03 »
The MUL lists a HCT-3G Hatchetman, with the Recognition cards as it's reference.
Looking through my set of the cards (#FASA1675) there is no HCT-3G. Only the HCT-3F (from TRO: 3025) and the HCT-5S (from TRO: 3050). Is there another set of Recognition cards? Or is the reference to something else?

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/4267

The Hatchetman from the Recognition Cards moves at 3/5/3.  It's a strange variant that appears only there.  It was an attempt to give the Hatchetman a hatchet, which didn't exist under the rules when TRO3025 was published.  The final variant dropped three heat sinks instead of the speed.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #751 on: 20 August 2013, 06:15:16 »
Thanks.  I knew there was a difference, but not what it was.  We gave it the G instead of F, but its the variant described on the card.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Martius

• Captain
« Reply #752 on: 29 August 2013, 09:41:00 »
Spectre BA, found in TRO 3145 Mercenaries.

Can be found twice on the Periphery General RAT in Era Report 3145 (pg. 178) and was described in the TRO as have being spread all over the IS and Periphery.

Yet only a few factions have access to it in the MUL.  Suggestion: Add it to Periphery General List.

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
« Reply #753 on: 29 August 2013, 10:06:16 »
The Loki Mk II seems to be available to almost every Clan and Great House except the Jade Falcons.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #754 on: 29 August 2013, 19:34:23 »
Gorgon Carrier (Standard)

Problem: Conflicting Introduction Dates.
The MUL Profile shows the Dropship being introduced in 3104. 
However the TRO: 3145 FWL p. 53 shows the introduction date being 3096.

Not sure which entry is the correct one, but I'd say its the TRO unless this was retro-conned.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #755 on: 29 August 2013, 21:09:18 »
Gorgon Carrier (Standard)

Problem: Conflicting Introduction Dates.
The MUL Profile shows the Dropship being introduced in 3104. 
However the TRO: 3145 FWL p. 53 shows the introduction date being 3096.

Not sure which entry is the correct one, but I'd say its the TRO unless this was retro-conned.

We'll take a look at this one. However, as has been stated before when in doubt, the MUL is the accurate document. In this case the MUL data was all created during the writing of the TRO.

As for all the faction data in the MUL for 3145, we uploaded the wrong set of data and are correcting it right now. Please stand by.

-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #756 on: 30 August 2013, 16:42:59 »
Per p.39 of TRO: 3145 (Federated Sun) the Ant Lion should be "Antlion", one word.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #757 on: 30 August 2013, 21:02:57 »
Seleucus Infantry Transport (Standard)

It looks like that  both dropships are having same bad luck with into dates.  Transport is having similar problem.

Problem: Conflicting Introduction Dates
The MUL Profile shows the Dropship being introduced in 3100.
However the TRO:3145 FW P. 51 shows the introduction date being 3113.

« Last Edit: 02 September 2013, 18:29:02 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #758 on: 01 September 2013, 13:56:32 »
I have a couple recommendations & a question for the Master Unit List site and whom ever is in charge of it...

#1...Easy addition...Can you have your programmers allow the download of a .CSV or .XLSX file of the displayed units. For example, I go to the site and click units, apply filters for Inner Sphere & Mixed Tech, and then select a Faction and hit apply filters. This brings back a list of all units for that faction in those given techs. Either at the bottom or top of the list, there could be a download button that allows a file of those said units to be downloaded and viewed offline (yeah I know almost everyone is always online)...but it could be helpful and should be a really easy addition to the site.

#2...BIG addition...At some point, if/when things slow down for you guys, could you add in the description of each unit, what planets and/or factories the mechs (vehicles, aerospace, etc.) are manufactured on/at? It might be easier to have the factory show for the mech, especially when it comes to variants, and that factory link would take you to the factory description, which would then show you what planet it was on...and what house/clan had possession of the planet at any given time. Currently, without this, we as Battletech players have to dig through Sarna.net to find these types of answers, and we all know it's not 100% reliable, and it's only updated to around 3067. At least with the described option on the MUL...we would have official cannon answers.

#3...Question...The listings for Wolf's Dragoons in the Eras of Late Republic and Dark Age seem too light. I realize they are coming back after being nuked on Outreach...but being that they were on Arch Royal, would they not have access to the Clan Wolf in Exile mechs, Arch Royal Mech Works mechs, and the Lyran Commonwealth mechs that were manufactured during that time?
« Last Edit: 01 September 2013, 21:48:29 by Dragon41673 »
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #759 on: 02 September 2013, 09:03:09 »
#3...Question...The listings for Wolf's Dragoons in the Eras of Late Republic and Dark Age seem too light. I realize they are coming back after being nuked on Outreach...but being that they were on Arch Royal, would they not have access to the Clan Wolf in Exile mechs, Arch Royal Mech Works mechs, and the Lyran Commonwealth mechs that were manufactured during that time?

Full availability information for the Late Republic and Dark Age eras isn't available yet.  What's listed are just the 'Mechs from the TRO3145 series.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #760 on: 02 September 2013, 09:11:32 »
Ah ok...makes sense. I was also thinking last night that I read somewhere (cannot remember where now) that the Wolf's Dragoons were using a lot of Davion Salvage as well.

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
  • Fanah’s Fangs (formerly of the Talitha Division)
« Reply #761 on: 02 September 2013, 16:35:45 »
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5104/specter-surveillane-plane-standard

Error: Specter Surveillane Plane (Standard)
Corr: Specter Surveillance Plane (Standard)

Xotl: corrected, thanks.
« Last Edit: 02 September 2013, 17:32:45 by Xotl »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #762 on: 03 September 2013, 20:11:42 »
The Swallow Attack WIGE

Problem: Vehicle is missed named. 
MUL Lists the vehicle and its variant as the Swallow Support WIGE.

The vehicle is listed in the TRO as a Swallow Attack WIGE pp. 14-15.

Please correct the name on MUL.  Thank You

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #763 on: 04 September 2013, 18:26:59 »
The Swallow Attack WIGE

Problem: Vehicle is missed named. 
MUL Lists the vehicle and its variant as the Swallow Support WIGE.

The vehicle is listed in the TRO as a Swallow Attack WIGE pp. 14-15.

Please correct the name on MUL.  Thank You

Fixed, thanks.
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
« Reply #764 on: 04 September 2013, 19:18:36 »
The Atlas III

Problem: MUL says AS8-D3, TRO says AS7-D3

Solution: Either change the MUL entry or errata the TRO. Changing the MUL might be easier.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #765 on: 04 September 2013, 19:31:31 »
thanks, Atlas III fixed to AS7.

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
« Reply #766 on: 04 September 2013, 19:33:30 »
Amusingly, the URL with the 8 in it still works.

I wonder how many other ghost URLs there are.

EDIT: Wait a minute, it also works if I put a 9 there!

What is going on?
« Last Edit: 04 September 2013, 19:35:04 by Diplominator »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #767 on: 04 September 2013, 19:36:30 »
The /####/ is the important part, not the name.  you could leave the name out of the URL entirely.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #768 on: 05 September 2013, 03:04:16 »
CASEII seems to show up as CASE. I noticed this first with the HBK-7R.

EDIT after getting some sleep: CASEII seems to be showing up as CASE on the Alpha Strike cards. Also some units don't have CR on their cards where I believe they should. An example of the CASEII=CASE scenario can be seen with the HBK-7R Hunchback while the CR issue appears with the Mad Cat MK.II Enhanced. I don't know what qualifies a unit for CR besides Hardened Armor or Ferro-Lamellor but I believe Reinforced Structure gives a Critical Hit modifier in TW; I don't know if that translates into CR in AS.

Also the KSC-5I and KSC-5MAF Koschei still have their pre-errata BV.
« Last Edit: 05 September 2013, 14:14:18 by Klat »
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #769 on: 05 September 2013, 18:55:52 »
DI Schmitt Tank (Standard)

Problem: Introduction Year conflicting with fluff of Profile.
Schmitt introduction date for the standard model & Targeting computer version are dated for 3093 on the MUL.
However, the DI Schmitt's background info mentions vehicle in service for 30 years.  That would make the intro year for the DI Schmitt as 3115. 

Quote from: TRO:3145LC DI Schmitt Tank
Recent action on Hesperus II demonstrates it is still a relevant and capable unit thirty years after its introduction.

Suggestive Fix: Change Intro years to 3115 on MUL.

P.S.  I'm not sure, but there something off about the MUL.  Its been distorting the icons on the webpage. I'm using a older browser, but i'm not sure if me or the website. Era icons don't fit in the boxes for instance. 
« Last Edit: 05 September 2013, 18:58:32 by Wrangler »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #770 on: 05 September 2013, 19:00:41 »
CASEII seems to show up as CASE. I noticed this first with the HBK-7R.

EDIT after getting some sleep: CASEII seems to be showing up as CASE on the Alpha Strike cards. Also some units don't have CR on their cards where I believe they should. An example of the CASEII=CASE scenario can be seen with the HBK-7R Hunchback while the CR issue appears with the Mad Cat MK.II Enhanced. I don't know what qualifies a unit for CR besides Hardened Armor or Ferro-Lamellor but I believe Reinforced Structure gives a Critical Hit modifier in TW; I don't know if that translates into CR in AS.

Also the KSC-5I and KSC-5MAF Koschei still have their pre-errata BV.

We've been fixing the CASEII as we find them.
CR is used for armor that resists through armor crits.  Reinforced Structure gives more structure points, not CR.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #771 on: 05 September 2013, 20:09:57 »
STM-O Sternensturm

Problem: Rules Level is Wrong for Base, Primary Configuration, and B Configuration

The Sternensturm's tech level according to the TRO and its record sheet indicates this fighter is a "for this era" regular Inner Sphere technology and not Advanced Rules as is listed with MUL entry.  Only Advanced Rules level is A due to the PPC Capacitor.  Unless I missed something, because i was referring to TRO: Prototype's P.206-207 tech changes and found nothing else that would be listed Advanced or better as of 3145. 

Suggested Fix: Changed Base, Primary Configuration, and B Configuration's Rules set to Standard.

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #772 on: 05 September 2013, 20:35:26 »
Ymir Bipedal Weapons Platform

Problem: Alpha Strike Card lists a point value of 0 (I want all the Ymir!)

Suggested Fix: Change the point value to 12
« Last Edit: 05 September 2013, 21:36:03 by Azakael »

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #773 on: 05 September 2013, 21:25:22 »
Currently...on the MUL, when you type a name of anything in the search box & hit enter, nothing pulls up.

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #774 on: 05 September 2013, 21:33:05 »
Bandit Hovercraft A

Bandit Hovercraft F

Bandit Hovercraft G

Problem: Alpha Strike Card does not list OMNI as one of the special abilities on all three of these vehicles.

The other Bandit variants have OMNI as an ability.

Suggested Fix: Add OMNI to the special abilities list.
« Last Edit: 05 September 2013, 21:36:29 by Azakael »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #775 on: 05 September 2013, 21:46:16 »
Ymir Bipedal Weapons Platform

Problem: Alpha Strike Card lists a point value of 0 (I want all the Ymir!)

Suggested Fix: Change the point value to 12

Yeah, 12 is much better :).  Fixed.

EDIT: Rather, the data was fixed, card isn't updating.  so still ongoing..
« Last Edit: 05 September 2013, 22:07:06 by nckestrel »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #776 on: 05 September 2013, 21:50:28 »
STM-O Sternensturm

Problem: Rules Level is Wrong for Base, Primary Configuration, and B Configuration

The Sternensturm's tech level according to the TRO and its record sheet indicates this fighter is a "for this era" regular Inner Sphere technology and not Advanced Rules as is listed with MUL entry.  Only Advanced Rules level is A due to the PPC Capacitor.  Unless I missed something, because i was referring to TRO: Prototype's P.206-207 tech changes and found nothing else that would be listed Advanced or better as of 3145. 

Suggested Fix: Changed Base, Primary Configuration, and B Configuration's Rules set to Standard.

Changed them all (including A) to standard to match the TR.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #777 on: 05 September 2013, 21:51:08 »
Bandit Hovercraft A

Bandit Hovercraft F

Bandit Hovercraft G

Problem: Alpha Strike Card does not list OMNI as one of the special abilities on all three of these vehicles.

The other Bandit variants have OMNI as an ability.

Suggested Fix: Add OMNI to the special abilities list.

It's actually a display problem, it's in the data but not showing on the card.  Working on it still...

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #778 on: 05 September 2013, 21:53:56 »
DI Schmitt Tank (Standard)
Suggestive Fix: Change Intro years to 3115 on MUL. 

You are correct.  Fixed.  Thanks!

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #779 on: 05 September 2013, 22:57:40 »
I've complied a list of units that link to the CASE II page on Sarna, this should help in tracking down those that use CASE II

Exterminator
    Highlander
    Whitworth
    Hunchback
    Wolverine
    Warhammer
    Stalker
    Atlas
    Hollander
    Apollo
    Grim Reaper
    Thunder