Author Topic: Buildings appropriated from Santorini  (Read 2553 times)

Dies Irae

• Warrant Officer
Buildings appropriated from Santorini
« on: 13 July 2018, 20:00:24 »
Also known as "What happens when I leave bored BattleTech players alone unsupervised in the board game area".
Amusingly enough, they're actually just about the right height and elevation level as well, enough so as to make me go 'Huh, that's a possibility'.

It's not entirely a serious topic, but at the same time, if you squint long enough, there's... potential. (Doesn't hurt that the board game isn't bad either.)

« Last Edit: 13 July 2018, 20:10:31 by Dies Irae »

Ronin Actual

• Warrant Officer
  • Bad Day?
Re: Buildings appropriated from Santorini
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2018, 23:25:40 »
Awesome, I have been thinking about how those would work.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2018, 16:19:29 »
Not bad . . . not familiar with these, so how are they built?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Dies Irae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2018, 01:02:42 »
Not bad . . . not familiar with these, so how are they built?

The buildings are from the Santorini board game and are moulded from the white plastic you see out of the box. Each 'building' base is designed to fit in a square on the gameboard and each basically builds a single tower. It's just basic gravity stacking, with some indentation in the room to lock the level that goes over it into place.

They levels literally stack on top of each other and the board game itself comes with 22 ground level pieces, 18 middle level pieces and 14 3rd level caps.
« Last Edit: 19 July 2018, 01:04:34 by Dies Irae »

Ronin Actual

• Warrant Officer
  • Bad Day?
« Reply #4 on: 23 July 2018, 17:48:58 »
I actually meant to try to snag one at a discount when the local Toys R Us went out of business but forgot.

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2018, 18:29:34 »
miniature market has them at $23.99 a box, there is an expansion coming soon
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 21 October 2018, 19:57:08 »
Found this recently at Barnes and Noble.  Had a coupon and saw the sub $30 price tag so, remembering this thread, I snatched it up.  Looks like each level is designed to fit snugly into the level below it so stacking higher than the game mechanics intended height could get dicey.  Stacking multiple level twos works, but it's not as stable.   Since they do fit though, all it would take is a little glue.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Register