Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 238079 times)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
The beans.  Spill them, you will.  What's it look like?

The field manual? Well if you are like me and bought all of the tro's then you have the majority of the mechs in it already.

But like the field manual its written from the fortress republic perspective. But the mechs you have seen have new pilots in them. The tiburon has josem hawker who was a mwda unique. I love the tidbits about clan sea fox. We are getting fluffed a paragraph at a time. But usually they are awesome paragraphs. Josem is a jerk. But the dark age exclusives were. I think the capellan corridor does that to you.

The deployment section on the new raf units are good. Brings the story a bit further along.

Anastasia is the new savage wolf pilot featured.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE&feature=youtu.be&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjofNR_WkoCE%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

Also this is obviously relevant to our sea fox conversation steeped in mystery and carried on by silly people.

Edit: using your phone for forums is tough.

Edit 2: using your phone for forums is impossible.
« Last Edit: 13 September 2013, 10:21:36 by Kitsune413 »

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
The field manual? Well if you are like me and bought all of the tro's then you have the majority of the mechs in it already.

But like the field manual its written from the fortress republic perspective. But the mechs you have seen have new pilots in them. The tiburon has josem hawker who was a mwda unique. I love the tidbits about clan sea fox. We are getting fluffed a paragraph at a time. But usually they are awesome paragraphs. Josem is a jerk. But the dark age exclusives were. I think the capellan corridor does that to you.

The deployment section on the new raf units are good. Brings the story a bit further along.

Anastasia is the new savage wolf pilot featured.

I meant the new Officer's Mad Cat II.  but it sounds like from your other post that we don't really know.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I meant the new Officer's Mad Cat II.  but it sounds like from your other post that we don't really know.

Lots of harjel everywhere apparently. :)

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
So, me being an OCD number cruncher, I thought I'd share these:

Clan Sea Fox Touman, FM: 3145, units assigned to the Space-borne Aimags of the Clan (not counting Planet-based Shoal Clusters)

Light Mechs
% Omni   67.13%
% Std   32.87%
% Clan   85.65%
% IS   14.35%

Most Common Mech = Tiburon

Medium Mechs
% Omni   70.83%
% Std   29.17%
% Clan   82.41%
% IS   17.59%

Most Common Mech = Nova

Heavy Mechs
% Omni   80.09%
% Std   19.91%
% Clan   92.59%
% IS   7.41%

Most Common Mech = Summoner

Assault Mechs
% Omni   43.06%
% Std   56.94%
% Clan   92.59%
% IS   7.41%

Most Common Mech = Mad Cat Mk. II (Enhanced)

Returns from the Dead to be a Taurian and Shark/Fox Fanboy

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Awesome work Bergie! I'm surprised we use that many summoners.

I will say that the Nova's on our lists are actually two different types. Half of them are the set configuration models and the other half are Omni's.

I'm really happy with the Tiburon being our flagship light mech. That thing is a beast.

I never know how I feel about the Mad Cat Mk II Enhanced. Love its art. Dislike its mini (Because of the long arm booms and the fact that the torso is half the size of the normal mad cat mk ii's. or the Savage Wolfs! Medium mech torso on that thing) But also its odd in combat. It doesn't put out the damage the paired gausses of the standard one does. Those ER Pulse Large's do good damage at range and usually hit. But for the most part I feel like it doesn't do a ton of damage, but can take a ton of it. So paired with other mechs, the other mechs will probably maul something to death before its ever dead. But it just doesn't put out the damage.

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
Nope, the Black Hawk (Std) doesn't even show up on the Keshik or Front Line Tables of Clan Sea Fox.  These represent the Omni versions only.

We know that the RAT's don't actually represent the exact make-up of what mechs are out there, which is why I didn't include specific numbers per actual mech models, but they are good for showing a general trend.

Working on ASF/Dropship right now ;)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I'm really happy with the Nagasawa being all over our RAT's now. Since the Era Report didn't give us any.

I had really been hoping for a new Sea Fox aerospace fighter in the products to protect our fleets. But I think we're just using Stars of Nagasawa's as fighters...

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
Clan Sea Fox Touman, FM: 3145, units assigned to the Space-borne Aimags of the Clan (not counting Planet-based Shoal Clusters)

Light ASF
% Omni   69.44%
% Std   30.56%
% Clan   85.65%
% IS   14.35%

Most Common Fighter = Vandal

Medium ASF
% Omni   49.54%
% Std   50.46%
% Clan   95.37%
% IS   4.63%

Most Common Fighter = Ammon-XR

Heavy ASF
% Omni   75.00%
% Std   25.00%
% Clan   97.69%
% IS   2.31%

Most Common Fighter = Scytha

Military Dropships
% Clan   92.13%
% IS   7.87%

Most Common Military Dropship = Nagasawa

Bergie

• Warrant Officer

Battle Armour

All CSF Battle Armour assigned to their Aimags is Clan-made, with the most common being the standard Elemental Suit (shockingly!)

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
Give that light omimechs outnumber light battlemechs approximately 2:1, I'm pretty surprised to see a Battlemech being the most common light chassis.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Give that light omimechs outnumber light battlemechs approximately 2:1, I'm pretty surprised to see a Battlemech being the most common light chassis.

Clan Sea Fox has always been pretty strange in that regard though. Historically we aided a lot scientifically to create the Omnimech. Then just kept quiet about it and let Coyote fight trials for the designs.

But when we were selling the Ha Otoko to the Inner Sphere we duked it out in second line machines with Omni-mechs to prove that its the warrior that really matters.

Now we push Tiburons, Black Hawks, Warhammer IIC's, Mad Cat Mk II's and proliferate Clan and IS markets with all but the first.
But now we're pushing Vulture IV's and Savage Wolves. Which is furthering the cause of the omnimech. So its a pretty strange relationship we have with the two kinds of mechs.

Battle Armour

All CSF Battle Armour assigned to their Aimags is Clan-made, with the most common being the standard Elemental Suit (shockingly!)

I think that we're the primary manufacturer of the standard version because of the availability of harjel.
« Last Edit: 19 September 2013, 13:28:00 by Kitsune413 »

Bergie

• Warrant Officer

Assuming the RAT's are at least vaguely representative (which I know they aren't, but let's assume), the Tiburon makes up 25% of their total Light Mech inventory.  The next closest is the Fire Falcon omnimech at 15.74%.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Assuming the RAT's are at least vaguely representative (which I know they aren't, but let's assume), the Tiburon makes up 25% of their total Light Mech inventory.  The next closest is the Fire Falcon omnimech at 15.74%.

I think that the Field Manual ones are pretty accurate. Sometimes there are mistakes on them. But for the most part its a good representation of the units that you will commonly found in a faction. What they're producing. What they're buying. etc.

If you do the work to figure out which faction is trading what and what they're making (Objectives, etc) then what they've got is usually pretty comprehensive.

The thing is, they never want it to be restrictive. Clan Sea Fox can field any mech in the Sphere as Isorla. So if you really want to pilot a WarWolf as a Sea Fox player that can be done. Easily. Won it in a trial against the Wolf Empire over next year supply of Widget A.

It would be pretty annoying to have another player tell you that you couldn't field a unit. So the Rats are just a guideline for that reason. But mechs are built at the speed of plot.

I'm happy we're trading the Falcons for Ullers now. Considering they make those things in limited supply runs that's nice. I love Ullers. (not that I need to with the Tiburon being beast mode.)

Bergie

• Warrant Officer

Light Armoured Vehicles
% Omni   0.00%
% Std   100.00%
% Clan   91.67%
% IS   8.33%

% VTOL   36.11%
% Hover   55.56%
% Tracked   0.00%
% Wheeled   8.33%

Most common armoured vehicle = Balac VTOL

Medium Armoured Vehicles
% Omni   11.11%
% Std   88.89%
% Clan   91.67%
% IS   8.33%

% VTOL   11.11%
% Hover   58.33%
% Tracked   30.56%
% Wheeled   0.00%

Most common armoured vehicle = Joust BE700

Heavy Armoured Vehicles
% Omni   2.78%
% Std   97.22%
% Clan   83.33%
% IS   16.67%

% VTOL   0.00%
% Hover   0.00%
% Tracked   75.00%
% Wheeled   25.00%

Most common armoured vehicle = Pike Fire Support Vehicle (Clan)

Assault Armoured Vehicle
% Omni   16.67%
% Std   83.33%
% Clan   83.33%
% IS   16.67%

% VTOL   0.00%
% Hover   0.00%
% Tracked   100.00%
% Wheeled   0.00%

Most common armoured vehicle = Morrigu and Heimdall (tied)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Yeah. One of the odd things about the Field Manual is that numerically we've got one of the tiniest Clan Toumans. 30 clusters, spread out over the galaxy. Even though FM 3085 said without combat our Touman just kept growing. It could be that we just didn't build more units since then...

or that we're keeping our forces a secret. The Chainelines are stacked with units and some of our enclaves and people just don't know about it.

Honestly, each of our Aimags being a Galaxy of troops isn't bad at all for a nomadic, highly mobile fleet.

Nerroth

• Captain
I wouldn't be surprised if the "off the books" forces out in the Chaine Cluster are being used on wide-ranging patrols across the coreward Deep Periphery, as the first tripwire against a future incursion by the Homeworld Clans (and thus cannot be spared for operations elsewhere, in the absence of a full-on Adder-led invasion).

At the time ISP3 was being compiled, the Council of Six had more leeway in terms of sparing ships and troops to go on such patrols. But with the recent turmoil in the Inner Sphere, could it be that the other Co6 Clans have effectively handed this responsibility off to the Sea Foxes; and that this is the key reason why no-one is being allowed get anywhere near the Chainelane Isles, lest the mask slip as to just what is going on out there?
« Last Edit: 19 September 2013, 14:54:58 by Nerroth »

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
From the look of things, that only counts the AIMAG forces, without touching on the Planetary garrisons (Shoal Clusters).  We DON'T know a thing about them, but I figure they count as the equivalent (in the Foxes minds) as Solhama, militia, or Flurry units and as such are not counted in their 'official' touman.  Part of this could be that the Fox groups are so insular that nobody has a chance to actually SEE what they have stationed elsewhere, and only the readily apparent forces based observed with the Aimags are certain enough for the Republic intelligence to count.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
In touring the Stars we had 18 enclaves spread out in the Sphere. As well as the worlds we owned wholly.

Ignoring the couple of minutes we owned Stewart.

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
Alas, FM3145 says that those Clearing House worlds have changed during the interviening 10 years.  Some have moved, some have stopped existing, and some are still there.  That is one of the reasons why the Foxes seem much more mysterious than the rest of the clans.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,33439.0/topicseen.html

A fun response and question. Though we probably have second line forces guarding our planets or the chainelines.

But we picket nagasawa's instead of fighters so good luck getting to them.  ;D

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
The SL forces are probably those garrisoning their trading enclaves.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
I think that we're the primary manufacturer of the standard version because of the availability of harjel.
??? All Clan BA makes use of harjel.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Savage Wolf mk iv is still driving me for a loop. Alphastrike wise it has one more armor than the original mad cat but two less internal structure. It tends to do more damage but thats almost all artemis v.

On the game board its more fragile but also heats up more because of the engine. So its only real advantages are its massive availibility. (Any faction can field a mad cat now.) And its tech. But I feel like you can add artemis to an old school mad cat.

No complaints about the vulture iv. Yeah the iii can dish out more damage so thats an equal fight. But it smashes the old school vulture and the old school mad cat can only boast a single extra point of structure.

No complaints on the tiburon either. That thing is amazing. Never heats up ever. Has all the cool bonuses of the dasher (d?) Other than being slower. But if it takes a hit it will probably be fine.

The savage wolf also shines in the character category. Something that shouldnt be discounted.

SteveRestless

• Major
Savage Wolf does potentially have one thing up on the Timber Wolf, but it's not reliable. Head can only mount 9 points of armor, so FerroLam's damage resistance IS helpful in preserving a pilot. At the same time, a hit against the head is a hit against the head, and the pilot still suffers

I'm convinced the real reason for the Savage Wolf is to sell maintenance contracts to keep the XXL engine and FL armor going. Its the smartphone mech. Sell it cheaper, subsidize it with the subscription plan.

Right now, I've been using it as a prestige ride in my CWX and CGB units. Same way I'm using the Warwolf in CWF. Goes to ristars, friends in high places, and those skilled enough to forcibly acquire them.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I'm convinced the real reason for the Savage Wolf is to sell maintenance contracts to keep the XXL engine and FL armor going. Its the smartphone mech. Sell it cheaper, subsidize it with the subscription plan.

That's actually the Dasher II 2. It only exists to fund XXL engines.

I think the Savage Wolf needed to be different from the TimberWolf. As well as seem more advanced. But the TimberWolf is a pretty beast mode mech.

It uses every weight saving feature that the Clans had in 3050. Has maximum armor, is blazing fast for a heavy mech and uses all the weight it has left over to mount weaponry. Which is a considerable amount.

So how do you build a better TimberWolf? Well Ferro Lamellar armor is widely regarded as an improvement. But you don't get nearly as many armor points per ton.

You can't remove the amount of guns or it just doesn't feel like a Timber Wolf. So I think they made the best choice they could really. XXL engines give you more weight. So they kept the armor points nearly the same but made the armor tougher. Case II is a huge improvement. So is Arrow 5. But you can arguably mount those on the old TimberWolf frame.

I'm not sure that I'd have armored the Gyro. I think I'd have just maxed the armor on the thing. Consider that if they're through the armor you're already in trouble.

But I'm also missing a very important thing.

The availability of the Savage Wolf is amazing if you are, say, the Federated Suns.

But what I tend to forget is that the Savage Wolf's availability is also good if you're a Sea Fox. Since its definitely not the most common mech in Sea Fox RATs in the past. So will the XXL engine possibly doom it against its forefather? Its about 50/50. But other than fighting that min/maxed monster its a fantastic mech and we can use it!

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
The Timber Wolf isn't min/maxed, it's just sensible.   ;)  The Clans' advantage was both in tech and in design. 
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
The Timber Wolf isn't min/maxed, it's just sensible.   ;)  The Clans' advantage was both in tech and in design.

;D

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Also entertaining is that we don't get a maps section in field manual 3145.. because we are where ever we want to be.  ;D

Kat

• Freelance Artist
  • Warrant Officer
    • Kat's deviantART
Does anyone happen to have info on Sea Fox paint schemes? CSO only has the diamond Shark schemes.

I figure that some of those might have been carried over, but with the Clan's new structure I'm not sure what units came from what galaxies.
The preceding post has been Smart Wolf®-Approved for quality!

BattleTech and original art          Free hex map template!

Register