Author Topic: The Battle of Tukayyid  (Read 2700 times)

Nekoryu

• Master Sergeant
  • All Good Things Come In Cans; Even People!
    • The Plano Mechwarrior and Battletech Guild
The Battle of Tukayyid
« on: 02 May 2014, 21:33:57 »
SO Laconian and I are playing through the Tukayyid scenario from the books. The description of round one can be found here: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,38827.0.html

Here's a picture I took of the board shortly before Madness kicked us out for the night:

Black is Smoke Jags and white is obviously ComGuard, duh. :P

So far the Jags have lost a Mad Dog and had the crap beat out of everything but my Summoner, ‘Thunder Thighs’ (that’s the mini’s actual name), the Adder and the Kit Fox. After I took this, ComGuard lost the Crab and one of the Mercury ‘mechs up there by the Gargoyle. My Elementals laid the smackdown on a couple units of infantry and Thunder Thighs has a taste for tanks; she gutted two in two rounds with hits to the fuel tank.

So that’s three rounds out of thirteen. Zachary, the Snow Raven abtahka is slowly pulling us out of the pit of defeat while Devin sits up in the DropShip and watches the spectacle, chuckling every now and then at the young ristar.

We’ll see how this goes…more to follow.
So, now the Thor has TWO really angry nipple piercings. - Zerokei
He fell over, is on fire and now he's been karate-kicked in the face. Is the dancing on his chest really neccessary? - GM

The Plano MechWarrior and BattleTech Guild: Join Us On Facebook!

Laconian

• Corporal
Re: The Battle of Tukayyid
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2014, 15:11:13 »
So, we're on round 6 or 7 now of the first engagement of Tukayyid, as seen above.
ComStar has lost a cumulative total of almost half the infantry, both SRM carriers, the Burke, 2 Mercurys, the Hussar, the Crab, the Locust, and I want to say a Mongoose, but I'm not sure.
The Catapult has been badly mauled, losing its Arrow IV, the Flashman has lost a lot of armor, but is still functional, with a few of the lights suffering minor internal damage.

Clan Smoke Jaguar has lost a Stormcrow, a Mad Dog, a Summoner, and a point of Elementals. The Gargoyle is a TKO with a severed leg and an unconscious pilot (5 hits). The other Mad Dog has engine damage, and the other Srormcrow has suffered an ammo explosion and the pilot is currently unconscious (2 hits).
All in all, a very exciting game. I'm very surprised how well the green ComStar troops are faring against the veteran Jaguar forces.

The moral of the story: Don't look at the Flashman.

Laconian

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2014, 12:59:52 »
So... We reached round 8, during which the Jaguars lost their second Stormcrow to the ravages of an angry Flashman. At this point, we had more people show up, so we took the opportunity to call the game. With a Kit Fox, an Adder, a thrashed Mad Dog, a crippled and unconscious Gargoyle, and with maybe 2 points of elementals (cumulative) facing the Flashman, Catapult, Exterminator, 2 Mongooses, and 2 Mercuries. ComStar also had an Ontos, a Fury, and a Chaparral, as well as almost half of the original infantry.

We decided the outcome, at this point, was a foregone conclusion. Decisive victory, ComStar.

Nekoryu

• Master Sergeant
  • All Good Things Come In Cans; Even People!
    • The Plano Mechwarrior and Battletech Guild
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2014, 14:03:35 »
And Devin is STILL laughing at that stupid Snow Raven ristar...

Hubris, at it's best.
So, now the Thor has TWO really angry nipple piercings. - Zerokei
He fell over, is on fire and now he's been karate-kicked in the face. Is the dancing on his chest really neccessary? - GM

The Plano MechWarrior and BattleTech Guild: Join Us On Facebook!

Laconian

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2014, 18:38:13 »
Second engagement against the Smoke Jaguars. ComStar is deploying the 367th Division this time, a regular unit. This time, we're in swampy terrain with hidden deployment for us. This'll be interesting.

I'm keeping the TO&E secret for now, on the chance that any of my opponents frequent these boards.

Register