Author Topic: 3145 Stealth Armor changes  (Read 1497 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
3145 Stealth Armor changes
« on: 13 December 2014, 13:41:36 »
The Wulfen uses Stealth Armor with a Clan ECM suite rather than a Guardian suite and IIRC some conversation only the Guardian suite among the IS versions can be used.  From what I understand this is a bit of a revision (logical! *shocking*) from when Stealth Armor was originally introduced.  Since the Clan ECM suite works with Stealth Armor and in Dark Age era Clan tech has spread pretty widely . . .

. . . would it make sense for the Capellans to refit purchased/captured/salvaged Clan ECM suites into their elite unit's Stealth Armor?  C-bill cost is the same between the different suites from what I could find, but the availability factor for Clan equipment will make the Clan suite understandably more expensive.

So is that cost worth freeing up a extra crit (reducing vulnerability?) and half a ton?  Any Stealth Armor design that could really use such a change?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

AJC46

• Master Sergeant
Re: 3145 Stealth Armor changes
« Reply #1 on: 13 December 2014, 13:58:54 »
rules state that any ecm unit clan or IS can be used under mix-tech rules to power stealth armor if i remember correctly.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #2 on: 13 December 2014, 14:18:17 »
yeah, now you can use guardian ECM, clan ECM, even Angel ECM. (not so sure about the Watchdog CEWS)

AJC46

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 13 December 2014, 14:32:17 »
watchdog works as well but if i remember correctly you have to give up the active probe functions to do so.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #4 on: 15 December 2014, 13:00:05 »
Which you would have had to anyway, since Active Probes can't be used at the same time as Stealth Armor.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 17 December 2014, 20:26:28 »
Honestly, that is probably not worth the expense in most cases.  About the only place I can see using it is on lights which tend to run very tight on mass either way and can usually make good use of that extra room to mount a Clan Flamer for extra flexibility, although even then I am not entirely sold on the concept.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

Register