Author Topic: i have notice  (Read 3290 times)

Marveryn

• Lieutenant
i have notice
« on: 25 May 2020, 12:31:26 »
I was reading divided we fall and there was a mention combine taking over New Avalon and it not the first mention of the Davion losing ground to the draconis combine.  So I know I been missing out on the current timeline history.  Can anyone point me to a books or sourcebook that show the current events for the innersphere.. am curious what been going that I been missing out

LastChanceCav

• Captain
  • Repossessing the dispossessed ...
Re: i have notice
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2020, 13:26:15 »
I'd  say the 3145 Era Report and Field Manual plus Shattered Fortresss.

Cheers,
LCC
Last Chance Engineering - Bespoke Battlemechs for the refined gentleperson.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2020, 13:48:40 »
"Losing ground" is actually putting it mildly :D
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2020, 14:21:21 »
Though with the exception of losing their capital, they're actually doing better than the Lyrans.    ;)
I have spoken.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2020, 14:49:10 »
FedCom getting FedCom’d

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2020, 14:55:07 »
Though with the exception of losing their capital, they're actually doing better than the Lyrans.    ;)

I am not sure that is the case, the Falcons, Crusader Wolves and League are not pushing like the Dracs & Cappies are against the Feds.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Marveryn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2020, 16:15:00 »
well thanks to you guys letting read what was happening.  I did a quick buy and a very quick glance on what going on.  I must say while lyran are on there backfoot at the moment the fact that wolf and falcons are going to maul each other at terra or near terra make me think that both clan will have a set back and that will allow lyran forces to reclaim some worlds and get a bit more breathing room.

General308

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2020, 16:18:31 »
well thanks to you guys letting read what was happening.  I did a quick buy and a very quick glance on what going on.  I must say while lyran are on there backfoot at the moment the fact that wolf and falcons are going to maul each other at terra or near terra make me think that both clan will have a set back and that will allow lyran forces to reclaim some worlds and get a bit more breathing room.

Well what is going to be interesting is if the House see what is going on at Terra and unite.  It will not matter if both clans have a set back.  Because the winner will then have control of all the clans unified might.     A lot of very interesting ways they could go with all this.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2020, 16:54:26 »
The problem with that scenario is no other Clan ever expected to have to bend the knee.  Do you suddenly think the Foxes, Ravens and Bears will jump on board being absorbed into the Wolves?  In fact, I can tell you the Foxes do not seem to have a plan to do so b/c they are helping the Crusader Wolves move troops.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Marveryn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2020, 17:07:52 »
The problem with that scenario is no other Clan ever expected to have to bend the knee.  Do you suddenly think the Foxes, Ravens and Bears will jump on board being absorbed into the Wolves?  In fact, I can tell you the Foxes do not seem to have a plan to do so b/c they are helping the Crusader Wolves move troops.

I suspect we are missing a loophole somewhere as I don't think the RAF expect to lose terra.  in fact they sort of helping wolve reach it if fact in divide gain a world from the fidelis without a fight.  Not to mention the clans way back in there homeworld may not care at this point who reach terra as they are not talking since the reaving

General308

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 25 May 2020, 17:13:31 »

Which leads to another interesting posiablity which would be a clan civil war.     You know what the best part is.   For the first time in almost 20 years we no longer know how the story is going to end.   That is what is most exciting about the whole thing

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #11 on: 25 May 2020, 19:20:47 »
Alaric sent Paul Moon to Terra with his challenge for Stone.  Its probably . . . Stone win, the Wolves get out of the Republic after helping fight the Falcons.
Colt Ward

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #12 on: 25 May 2020, 19:37:44 »
the Fidelis secretly usurped the republic before it even became a nation and the clone of Lincoln Osis has been disguised as stone since he “woke up”

The entire first ilClan novel is just a 400 page ultra profane rant by Malvina about this zombie jaguar bullshit

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 25 May 2020, 22:18:44 »

One Clan becoming ilClan doesn't mean the others are all suddenly to be absorbed. Rather, it seems more like the ilClan will play the same role in the second Star League as the Terran Hegemony did in the first. Namely, first and strongest of independent member states/Clans, with the First Lord or ilKhan being drawn solely from House Cameron or the ilClan.

Which leads to another interesting posiablity which would be a clan civil war.     You know what the best part is.   For the first time in almost 20 years we no longer know how the story is going to end.   That is what is most exciting about the whole thing

Agreed. It's one major reason I feel the Dark Age has been so much more interesting than the FedCom Civil War or Jihad eras.

And for all we know, the ilClan / Second Star League might not even be forged with the total subjugation of the Successor States. Perhaps the Great Houses will be granted membership in exchange for becoming Clans such as 'Clan Broken Eagle', 'Clan Crimson Dragon', 'Clan Sun Fox', 'Clan Emerald Tiger', 'Clan Moneybag [insert whatever House Steiner's mascot is]'. OK, hopefully they'd have much better names but you get the idea.
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

Doom

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: 26 May 2020, 00:03:09 »
There's already been a Second Star League. I suspect you meant Third Star League.  :)

Crimson Dawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #15 on: 26 May 2020, 00:10:04 »
Considering on how the clans have been lately I am having a hard time believing that many (if any) clans would join any clan that claimed Terra at this point.  Haven't the home clans basically decided to not have anything to do with the invading clans so why would they care?  If they really cared about Terra wouldn't they have been invading themselves and if they are not why should they actually care that some clan they want little to do with claims an area that corrupted the clans trying to reach it?  As for the invading clans I would see too much bad blood to honestly believe it to be realistic to think they could even pretend to make it clans join together.  Then you have the former invading clans that have essentially stopped even trying why should they care to join a different clan that claims Terra at this point?

I am sure I am missing or misunderstanding the changes wrought over the past decade but from how people are talking about the clans I just don't feel that it makes sense anymore.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #16 on: 26 May 2020, 00:28:19 »
I agree that the refugee Clans in the IS have had too much contact with, and been infected by, the Inner Sphere... where they may have once followed an Ilkhan who wasn't "one of thier own", now days the Clans operate more like Freebirth... deception, politics, extremism, greed, and personal power above all. They have lost the unifying vision and identity. I cant imagine one Clan ruling without having to crush all the others first... and I'm so happy about that!! (Vitriolic opinion: not intended to offend, humorously intended) Clans suck.  ;D

Blacknova

• Bullet Magnet
  • Captain
  • I am Thomas Hogarth's Love Child
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #17 on: 26 May 2020, 00:28:30 »
Considering the Clans never recognized the Second Star League, what would they call their own?

The Second Star League, the True Star League, The League Reborn, the Second not Second Star League, the Second Third Star League, the Third not Second But Second of the First Star League, the League of Extraordinary Clans, the ilLeague, the Clan League - though that might also be the infra-Clan sports comp, so it might be less of a likelihood.

And what happens when the Ko-Dan Armada arrives?

It's all too confusing.
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

Unofficial LD for 2 seconds - It was a glorious moment!

"They can bring it. We fought off an army of guys who wore 20 pound decorative brass shoulder pauldrons. I'm not afraid of the Disney Land mascot brigade" - MadCapellan, in reference to the Confederation possibly facing the Clans.

Doom

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 26 May 2020, 00:38:53 »
Of course they recognized the Second League. Otherwise, the Trial of Refusal (later the "Great Refusal") would never have happened. The Second League even had an embassy on Strana Mechty. Clan Nova Cat even fought on the side of the Second League in the Great Refusal. The Clans attempted Trials of Possession for various second SLDF troops in the Homeworlds many times.

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: 26 May 2020, 01:29:11 »
the Fidelis secretly usurped the republic before it even became a nation and the clone of Lincoln Osis has been disguised as stone since he “woke up”

The entire first ilClan novel is just a 400 page ultra profane rant by Malvina about this zombie jaguar bullshit

I would pay to see that rant.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #20 on: 26 May 2020, 02:52:04 »
One Clan becoming ilClan doesn't mean the others are all suddenly to be absorbed. Rather, it seems more like the ilClan will play the same role in the second Star League as the Terran Hegemony did in the first. Namely, first and strongest of independent member states/Clans, with the First Lord or ilKhan being drawn solely from House Cameron or the ilClan.

Early materials, that was the interpretation . . . and it was accepted by all the Clans b/c each Clan thought they would be the ones to claim Terra.  Even the latest novel supports that idea- if Malvina wins, she will have the might of all the Clans (that matter) to call on in her nihilistic crusade.  Star Captain Kerensky's comments to the Dragoons implies that none of the other Clans or even within the Clan will be able to challenge her.
Colt Ward

Sid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 26 May 2020, 13:08:38 »

Well there's Ben Rome's outline for the original ilClan sourcebook out there.  The new version is being split into two halves, and from what I understand the first half is still pretty close to the original outline.

I think I like the conclusion in the original outline, so hopefully it doesn't change too much.
Formerly known as 'Phad'

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #22 on: 26 May 2020, 13:18:43 »
the first half was Shattered Fortress

Sid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 26 May 2020, 13:49:21 »
the first half was Shattered Fortress

Thanks, I probably should have mentioned that.  It leaves off at 3150, with the Falcons racing the Wolves to Terra, which is 'on schedule' with the original outline. 

So here's hoping  O:-)
Formerly known as 'Phad'

General308

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: 26 May 2020, 18:21:44 »
Thanks, I probably should have mentioned that.  It leaves off at 3150, with the Falcons racing the Wolves to Terra, which is 'on schedule' with the original outline. 

So here's hoping  O:-)

I am just kind of courious how is it that anyone knows what is in that outline?  I am sure I have missed something

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: 26 May 2020, 19:11:53 »

And what happens when the Ko-Dan Armada arrives?

It's all too confusing.

The Foxes are already seeding their genome, wow that took a turn for the bad quick, and developing the best-est ASF EVER!

Blood Name Centauri will be developing testing procedures to get the best of the best!
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Imperium

• Sergeant
  • Politics by Other Means
« Reply #26 on: 26 May 2020, 20:20:10 »
Early materials, that was the interpretation . . . and it was accepted by all the Clans b/c each Clan thought they would be the ones to claim Terra.  Even the latest novel supports that idea- if Malvina wins, she will have the might of all the Clans (that matter) to call on in her nihilistic crusade.  Star Captain Kerensky's comments to the Dragoons implies that none of the other Clans or even within the Clan will be able to challenge her.

I do wonder. The Invader Clans are very different then what arrived back in 3050. Back then the Clans had a far more united political structure, with super-national councils that had real power. At the moment the Clans are more akin to a Confederacy - yes Wolf can claim grievances against the Jade Falcons for say using WMDs, but who is going to enforce that?

And if such is the case, what is going to force any Clan to obey any kind of IlClan, and how will that even be decided at this point? Back when they were united with the Home Worlds it would have been a matter decided by the Grand Council and enforced by the Clans as a whole. But say Malvina takes Earth using WMDs, why should any other Clan follow her when she is acting dezgra? If the Wolf's win, and Malvina and the Ghost Bears refuse to follow the Empire, who is going to make them?
" ALL WAR, is an extension of Politics." Carl Von Clausewitz, summarizing the Napoleonic Wars

"War therefore is an act of violence intended to compel our opponent to fulfil our will." Clausewitz, Ibid.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: 26 May 2020, 20:24:44 »
So the Holy Clan Empire won't be Holy, Clan-like, nor an Empire.  Just a bunch of squabbling (but still quite deadly) Khans ignoring the Ilkhan.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #28 on: 26 May 2020, 20:34:27 »
Just a bunch of squabbling (but still quite deadly) Khans ignoring the Ilkhan.

that sounds like the absolute most clan-like thing possible

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #29 on: 26 May 2020, 20:39:52 »
Pretty much my vision exactly. Each aggressive Clan has become an extension not of Kerensky's original vision, but of whatever ruthless warlord has taken power this week... would someone like Malvina ever bend the knee to ANYONE?? Heck no. If she wins would her IlClan look anything like the noble ideals the Clans supposedly strive for? Or just a bigger stick to impale her lessers (ie, everyone!) with?? Much like the Jihad, the current Dark Age Clans (the bitey ones at least) have become too zealous, too ultra national, and too uncompromising, I feel to ever take leadership without having to smash all the others first.

Register