Author Topic: Hidden Worlds  (Read 36888 times)

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
Re: Hidden Worlds
« Reply #30 on: 29 November 2013, 22:36:55 »
Hi,

Real Name vs. Shown Name
Ruins of Gabriel  is Odessa (LC)
Jardine is Heraklion (FWL)
Obeedah is Sharpe (CC)
Taussen is Versailles (FS)
Mayadi is Tangerz (DC)

By 3100, Jardine, Gabriel, and Mayadi were found (and all destroyed: Jardine by traps volcano, Gabriel was shattered completely, and Mayadai had poisoned itself at least a century prior). The others were never found.

Thanks,

- Herb

Awesomesauce! Thanks, Herb!

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Dreyf

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 29 November 2013, 23:44:00 »
Interesting, ISP3 says that IE searched the Versailles system and didn't find any habitable worlds.  Wonder if Herb is throwing a smoke screen or IE was infiltrated by WoB and got bad info on one of their expeditions.

ntin

• Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 30 November 2013, 00:06:17 »
All the hunting and mystery and Herb just hands them to us?   :o. Did I miss something?

His avatar is the Decepticon insignia.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #33 on: 30 November 2013, 01:36:55 »
Hi,

Real Name vs. Shown Name
Obeedah is Sharpe (CC)
Mayadi is Tangerz (DC)

By 3100, Jardine, Gabriel, and Mayadi were found (and all destroyed: Jardine by traps volcano, Gabriel was shattered completely, and Mayadai had poisoned itself at least a century prior). The others were never found.

Thanks,

- Herb
Another interesting thing/mystery lost. I can't say I thank you for that.  :(

Interesting, ISP3 says that IE searched the Versailles system and didn't find any habitable worlds.  Wonder if Herb is throwing a smoke screen or IE was infiltrated by WoB and got bad info on one of their expeditions.
c) the IE simply missed it.
After all, the Ruins of Gabriel were in an inhabited system too and nobody has found it for centuries. I am saying it because the ISP3 tells us that "the system was devoid of habitable planets". What if Taussen is actually some hidden asteroid base or something ...

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #34 on: 30 November 2013, 02:03:36 »
Hi,

Real Name vs. Shown Name
Obeedah is Sharpe (CC)

Awww, and here I was hoping someone would finally get this after the huge clue in FR:2765 with Sharpe's Rifles. (Sharpe's Rifles was led by Richard Sharpe, whose arch-nemesis was Obadiah Hakeswill)

Øystein

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #35 on: 30 November 2013, 02:03:48 »
Hi,

Real Name vs. Shown Name
Obeedah is Sharpe (CC)
Mayadi is Tangerz (DC)

Thanks,

- Herb

So...I'm guessing this means the Word of Blake are truly non-central to the current (and possibly future) plots?
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #36 on: 30 November 2013, 02:10:26 »
Awww, and here I was hoping someone would finally get this after the huge clue in FR:2765 with Sharpe's Rifles. (Sharpe's Rifles was led by Richard Sharpe, whose arch-nemesis was Obadiah Hakeswill)

Øystein

???
Where is this from?

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #37 on: 30 November 2013, 02:16:03 »
???
Where is this from?
  The Sharpe novel-series by Bernard Cornwell.  There’s also a TV interpretation by... ITV? in the UK, with pre-LotR Sean Bean playing the title character.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #38 on: 30 November 2013, 02:20:57 »
  The Sharpe novel-series by Bernard Cornwell.  There’s also a TV interpretation by... ITV? in the UK, with pre-LotR Sean Bean playing the title character.
Ahhhhh..
I was expected someone from the Btech universe, not outside of it. I thought I was missing a sourcebook or something.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #39 on: 30 November 2013, 02:44:12 »

Why does it have to be either of those things? Odessa had been inhabited and well-trafficked for centuries and yet Gabriel remained hidden until 3077. Maybe the Versailles installations were simply very well-hidden.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Amaris Fan Club

• Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: 30 November 2013, 02:59:56 »
I ... What?  Is it an early Xmas?

Now tell us Devlin Stone's real name ... and what is at the bottom of Siriwan's Peace Pool.

Seriously cool that Catalyst is revealing at least some of the BT conundrums, though.

"My Dear Wife; 
I just met Leutnant Hogarth, the new military aid you sent me.
Ha Ha, very funny.
Love Hanse"

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #41 on: 30 November 2013, 03:16:15 »
Hi,

We never decided. Whoever he was, it's nobody we've really even seen before. But there's no drama in "he's just a nobody who got lucky", so yeah.

Thanks,

- Herb

Lazarus Jaguar

• Captain
  • Stop! Hammer Time!
« Reply #42 on: 30 November 2013, 03:47:21 »
Kinda disappointed if the had so few plans for them you decide to just up and tellus where they are.  I had a few ideas that i think could have been good.
You know, I love that every day in Japan is like a very peaceful game of RIFTs. - MadCapellan

around here, April Fools day is Serious! Business!

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #43 on: 30 November 2013, 04:26:19 »
Well, I for one am glad to have those mysteries settled; there are plenty to go around and it's good to check some off the list every now and then.

- Klarg1

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #44 on: 30 November 2013, 04:46:01 »
We never decided. Whoever he was, it's nobody we've really even seen before. But there's no drama in "he's just a nobody who got lucky", so yeah.

I dunno about "lucky," but it's nice to see that the BattleTech universe sometimes doesn't care what your family (or Blood) name is.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: 30 November 2013, 04:59:06 »
I dunno about "lucky," but it's nice to see that the BattleTech universe sometimes doesn't care what your family (or Blood) name is.
I was just thinking the same thing. It's nice to know that sometimes, looking for connections really is over-thinking something.

So, where are all his children waiting in hiding, ready to spring out and forge new states?

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #46 on: 30 November 2013, 05:08:15 »
I was just thinking the same thing. It's nice to know that sometimes, looking for connections really is over-thinking something.

So, where are all his children waiting in hiding, ready to spring out and forge new states?

I don't think he ever had kids. He wanted his nation to be his dynasty, not to found a new Great House.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: 30 November 2013, 05:09:07 »
I don't think he ever had kids. He wanted his nation to be his dynasty, not to found a new Great House.
But how will I start a conspiracy theory with no children around to use as props? ;)

Wait, there's cloning, right? There can always be clones.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #48 on: 30 November 2013, 05:20:10 »
So long as we're on a roll, I wonder if we can get the final word on whether or not a group of former wolverines are actually behind the Word of Blake?
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #49 on: 30 November 2013, 05:28:27 »
So long as we're on a roll, I wonder if we can get the final word on whether or not a group of former wolverines are actually behind the Word of Blake?

That's actually one of a small handful of mysteries that I personally hope are never resolved.

- Klarg1

Lazarus Jaguar

• Captain
  • Stop! Hammer Time!
« Reply #50 on: 30 November 2013, 06:23:41 »
But how will I start a conspiracy theory with no children around to use as props? ;)

Wait, there's cloning, right? There can always be clones.

Or maybe some Clan Scientists get their hands on a gifttake from him.
You know, I love that every day in Japan is like a very peaceful game of RIFTs. - MadCapellan

around here, April Fools day is Serious! Business!

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
« Reply #51 on: 30 November 2013, 06:25:11 »

I'll second this one :)

Amaris Fan Club

• Sergeant
« Reply #52 on: 30 November 2013, 06:57:44 »
Or maybe some Clan Scientists get their hands on a gifttake from him.

Kitsune Kurita-Steiner-Davion married Jade Marik-Davion and they had a daughter who secretly married him and gave birth to ... wait for it ... Mary Sue Kurita-Steiner-Davion-Davion-Marik-Stone

"My Dear Wife; 
I just met Leutnant Hogarth, the new military aid you sent me.
Ha Ha, very funny.
Love Hanse"

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: 30 November 2013, 07:10:43 »
I'm guessing this means the Word of Blake are truly finished then?  :'(

Stormfury

• Major
  • Death couldn't stop me. How will you?
« Reply #54 on: 30 November 2013, 07:31:11 »
Nope. The Sphere didn't find some of the Hidden Worlds, and there's the Periphery bases on top of that.

This also assumes that the Republic of the Sphere wasn't a Blakist plot.
Mordin Solus: We need a plan to stop them.
John Shepard: We fight or we die. That's the plan.
Ashley Williams: Wow. That's the plan? Is it just me, or did Shepard have better plans before he died?
Urdnot Wrex: Silence! This is the best plan anyone, anywhere has ever had!
Garrus Vakarian: Yes! I AM SO THERE I AM THERE ALREADY!
Tali'Zora vas Normandy: *Facepalm*

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #55 on: 30 November 2013, 07:31:24 »
Hi,

Thanks,

- Herb

My Clan followed a nobody... frakking visions!!

It's kinda nice knowing everything isn't linked into a grand plan or something controlling just random chance a good warrior leads a charge against an enemy and wins gives some hope.

Since this is a thread of revelation now  O0 I don't suppose we get to know what was built/bred at both?
« Last Edit: 30 November 2013, 07:43:48 by Dragon Cat »
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #56 on: 30 November 2013, 08:27:36 »
Hi,

Oh, I won't spoil the Wolverweenie angle at this time.

Thanks,

- Herb

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #57 on: 30 November 2013, 09:01:16 »
Hi,

Thanks,

- Herb

Herb...you just stirred the pot man!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #58 on: 30 November 2013, 09:04:26 »
There was a Periphery realm they took over, wasn't there?
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #59 on: 30 November 2013, 09:15:49 »
Hi,

Thanks,

- Herb
That's more like it, I was afraid something was seriously wrong when you gave us the names instead of taunting us. You know, like trying to fool us into lowering the guard for extra hard surprise crotch kicking.
« Last Edit: 30 November 2013, 09:20:09 by PsihoKekec »
Shoot first, laugh later.