Author Topic: Era markings on Merc Pack 'Mech cards  (Read 988 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Era markings on Merc Pack 'Mech cards
« on: 27 June 2023, 03:50:09 »
Hi there! I just picked up several of the Mercenary Force Packs, and noticed that on the Alpha Strike cards for the units, they now feature markings to show what era that particular variant is available in. For example, the Hatchetman HCT-6D is available from FCCW to IlClan,  while the HCT-6S is available from Dark Age to IlClan. This is a great feature, and I don't recall seeing it on the KS1 'Mech cards.

Question though: the MUL has divided availability into Early Republic and Late Republic periods. The cards basically just have one symbol for "Republic era". Does this indicate any deliberate movement away from identifying products, and or MUL entries, from being placed in Early or Late Republic eras? Or are the cards one thing, general products another thing, and MUL era availability a third thing?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"