Author Topic: How to find FLGS that carry IWM Battletech?  (Read 5817 times)

Known Glitch

• Warrant Officer
  • Why haven't we fixed this yet?
How to find FLGS that carry IWM Battletech?
« on: 09 October 2020, 07:42:32 »
Is there a website or directory that lists FLGS who carry IWM Battletech products?

While I'm a huge fan of IWM's web ordering and awesome customer service, its hard to replace the rush of finding that sculpt in a bubblepack that you've been hoping to find!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: How to find FLGS that carry IWM Battletech?
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2020, 08:27:57 »
direct IWM to store order seems to be what most folks do around here. Alliance used to be IWM's US distributor but i don't think that's a thing any more. anyone know if another has been contracted?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2020, 09:35:31 »
Sadly, look up your local FLGS and call them. 

Known Glitch

• Warrant Officer
  • Why haven't we fixed this yet?
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2020, 15:02:04 »
Thanks y'all.

The FLGS in my town is pretty much exclusive to GW and MtG, hence the question.   :-\

The shop I've been going to is about an hour or so drive away, the next closest I know of is about 2 hours away in the DC 'Burbs.

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 09 October 2020, 17:24:34 »
I really miss the days when I could walk into my favorite FLGS and browse a whole wall of blisters and mech packs.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2020, 19:19:08 »
It's been years since I've seen Battletech blisters in a store... I don't think a single store in Oregon carrys them anymore. Sadly. But not unexpected, IWM prices are a bit...  much.

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 09 October 2020, 20:19:35 »
It's been years since I've seen Battletech blisters in a store... I don't think a single store in Oregon carrys them anymore. Sadly. But not unexpected, IWM prices are a bit...  much.

The Sentry Box in Calgary has a six-foot high section of wall with many BattleTech minis.  I'd grab a picture if it was open , but it's still purchase online/pick up at front door.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Charlemagne

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor is Bulletproof
« Reply #7 on: 10 October 2020, 21:44:22 »
The Sentry Box in Calgary has a six-foot high section of wall with many BattleTech minis.  I'd grab a picture if it was open , but it's still purchase online/pick up at front door.

Um... no, it isn't. They have their hours posted on their website, in fact just recently expanded the hours on a couple days from their prior reopened noon to 6 pm to noon to 8 on Fridays, 11 am to 6 pm on Saturday and Sunday, with Monday through Thursday still being noon to 6 pm, and have been allowing people inside for almost five months, having posted on their facebook page back on May 19th that they were opening for the first day after the shutdown.
All that said, they do require mask wearing, as do all Calgary businesses. The online or phone ordering with curbside pick ups are definitely an option for those unable to wear a mask. I'm not certain about their policy on face shields instead of masks, you'd want to contact them to ask.
As for Battletech though, sadly the amount of minis in blisters is waning, with less than a hundred for sure. Last time I was in they did have both the starter box and AGOAC, plus a decent amount of the game books. On the plus side they have been getting in all of the recently printed fiction books.
On a related note there is still a pretty good amount of the plastic CAV minis adjacent to the Battletech stuff, for those of us that like to mod or proxy Nightshades as Mad II's.
Honor is Bulletproof

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #8 on: 11 October 2020, 09:34:03 »
There is only a few that carry Battletech in my area and even less that carry IWM.
A couple of stores that didnt carry Battletech in years got the boxed set and some of the books, so that is a bright light.

I know I can order whatever I want form IWM or Catalyst on anything I need, but its just nice to walk into the FLGS and see some product on the shelf and take it home with you.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

IronSphinx

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Robots!!!
    • PlayBattletech
« Reply #9 on: 14 October 2020, 16:02:43 »
There is only a few that carry Battletech in my area and even less that carry IWM.
A couple of stores that didnt carry Battletech in years got the boxed set and some of the books, so that is a bright light.

I know I can order whatever I want form IWM or Catalyst on anything I need, but its just nice to walk into the FLGS and see some product on the shelf and take it home with you.

No one in my area (Lansing) carries IWM Minis any more, but AFK Games will at least order any available mini for us. I don't like doing special orders compared to pawing through a wall of minis, but, you take what you can get.
Charles "IronSphinx" Wilson (CDT #66)
=======================
Want to find a Battletech game in Michigan?
Go to www.playbattletech.org.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #10 on: 14 October 2020, 16:23:10 »
Generally speaking i've managed to have them order them. They won't normally carry them unless they know they got peeps who want them.

The last dedicate store i  was going to pick them up, had dog -gone hard time ordering them through Alliance. 
The gaming supply companies seem to had field day buying each other out, the remaining ones don't carry or they make you pay through the nose for them.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #11 on: 18 October 2020, 00:53:41 »

My local store carries about half a dozen minis since the owner finally was able to get an agreement with IWM's current distributor.  I wouldn't be surprise if he's the last game store in Oregon who does so.

I try to order everything I can through him, but I still end up getting a fair amount of stuff online from IWM, Noble Knight, or Ares Games.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #12 on: 18 October 2020, 01:01:19 »
who is their current distributor?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #13 on: 18 October 2020, 01:12:53 »
Golden.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #14 on: 23 October 2020, 00:21:47 »
So where I live that I play at . . .

And the other store about 30 minutes away . . .

. . . we got this, and both of them order direct from IWM, because they got bugged about it (politely) and our player groups have grown.

Honestly, not sure what we are going to do post-COVID . . . but Sunday we are going to have the local game, we will see how that goes.  It also helps that besides what they order to put on the wall of new sculpts they also are special ordering stuff or getting extras of the releases.  Sunday I am going to see about getting a Zibler.

You want them to carry it?  Let them know, play in the store, and buy other things instead of ordering them online.  I bought my dice, glues, my wife's Pokemon (says she gets better in the packs from them instead of others), my neices & nephew Christmas presents the last three years (Catann), and my BT stuff from them.  Money talks
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #15 on: 23 October 2020, 00:30:59 »
Are those Kickstarter Salvage boxes?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #16 on: 23 October 2020, 09:17:35 »
Yes, Merchant Caste Pledges afaik could order them . . . along with Legendary boxes.  Merchants I thought got X amount of lance packs along with the boxes.  I know I ordered a Legendary & std Salvage box from my store along with another shirt, dice, and coin.  I will be picking them up Sunday at our game, I get my box tomorrow.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #17 on: 23 October 2020, 09:41:53 »
Impressive.  It's been years since I've seen a store carry even half that much Battletech stock.

RABIDFOX50

• Warrant Officer
  • 1507 Strike RCT
« Reply #18 on: 23 October 2020, 22:54:01 »
So where I live that I play at . . .

And the other store about 30 minutes away . . .

. . . we got this, and both of them order direct from IWM, because they got bugged about it (politely) and our player groups have grown.

Honestly, not sure what we are going to do post-COVID . . . but Sunday we are going to have the local game, we will see how that goes.  It also helps that besides what they order to put on the wall of new sculpts they also are special ordering stuff or getting extras of the releases.  Sunday I am going to see about getting a Zibler.

You want them to carry it?  Let them know, play in the store, and buy other things instead of ordering them online.  I bought my dice, glues, my wife's Pokemon (says she gets better in the packs from them instead of others), my neices & nephew Christmas presents the last three years (Catann), and my BT stuff from them.  Money talks

It’s beautiful!  :drool:
Battletech collector/player since 1987
Toss a coin to your Witcher, oh valley of plenty!
Listen! Do you smell that?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #19 on: 23 October 2020, 23:36:42 »
The 3rd store in the area that was in on the KS posted their stuff, smaller but they started getting back into BT after not having it for a few years.

Colt Ward

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #20 on: 24 October 2020, 00:17:31 »
As far as I can tell, the stores in my area that have the most Battletech ones are the stores that have seen the most players, our main store has a sizable chunk of stuff and several pegs of  IWM minis, the rest have had a few books and boxed sets, so maybe if you can organize a BT group, they might be more willing to stock more stuff.

DanghenWoolf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
  • Incoming fire has the right of way.
« Reply #21 on: 26 October 2020, 11:15:38 »
Which DC 'burb store are you referring to? THe one near me, Huzzah Hobbies has a small bottom shelf with some Battletech but no IWM stuff I could find.

Thanks y'all.

The FLGS in my town is pretty much exclusive to GW and MtG, hence the question.   :-\

The shop I've been going to is about an hour or so drive away, the next closest I know of is about 2 hours away in the DC 'Burbs.

Register