Author Topic: The *literally* Never-Seen  (Read 160376 times)

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Re: The *literally* Never-Seen
« Reply #450 on: 16 August 2019, 08:22:49 »
Pretty much everything mentioned in Turning Point: St. Ives.

But not the Orca, interestingly!

Do you have a list? I do not have that product.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Last Edit: 16 August 2019, 08:38:43 by Empyrus »

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #452 on: 16 August 2019, 10:49:27 »
Six of the 'Mechs have record sheets in that one.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

assaultdoor

• Sergeant
« Reply #453 on: 16 August 2019, 16:53:06 »
I don't see that anyone has mentioned the Defiance 'Zilla, which is referenced in the writeup for the WI-DM DemolitionMech in TR 3075. It's got an entry in the MUL, but all that gives us is the intro date.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #454 on: 16 August 2019, 21:22:38 »
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Third_League_Turning_Points:_Free_Taiw...St._Ives
It is free but it is not canon.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/100987/BattleTech-Third-League-Turning-Points-Free-TaiwSt-Ives?cPath=4328_4541

Darn. That's deliberate non-canon too. How could I forget that?
I don't see that anyone has mentioned the Defiance 'Zilla, which is referenced in the writeup for the WI-DM DemolitionMech in TR 3075. It's got an entry in the MUL, but all that gives us is the intro date.

The 'Zilla is another demo mech?

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #455 on: 16 August 2019, 21:29:00 »
The 'Zilla is another demo mech?
Yes, it's a Defiance competitor to the Capellan's WI-DM DemolitionMech.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #456 on: 13 September 2019, 14:32:21 »
Did you include any of the Red Corsair's companion mechs?  They were supposed to be IS designs like garrison units get, refit with some Clan weapons- specifically mentioned was a Vindicator with a cERPP I think.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #457 on: 13 September 2019, 15:20:01 »
That could almost work with SHS...  ^-^

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #458 on: 13 September 2019, 15:28:55 »
Well . . . a Vindicator gets interesting . . . considering when it was written, while it would technically be feasible for the AFFC to have lost a VND-1SIC, it was described as a -1R.  Give it a cERPPC & a cLRM5 and you get 2t free for SHS . . . pretty good throw weight for such a conversion.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #459 on: 13 September 2019, 15:32:18 »
Exactly what I was saying!  :)

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #460 on: 13 September 2019, 21:08:34 »
Did you include any of the Red Corsair's companion mechs?  They were supposed to be IS designs like garrison units get, refit with some Clan weapons- specifically mentioned was a Vindicator with a cERPP I think.

I'm not sure to what extent I want to stat out the custom rides.

I think if someone will start me with a list of such units that have a credible mention, but no art/stats and little/no fluff; I would curate it with the rest here.

Ditto the New-Old-New-Old stuff.

Give me a starter list and I'll keep up with the suggested additions.

A.E. Housman

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #461 on: 13 September 2019, 21:33:39 »
Like the Marauder C, etc it would be a depot level action . . . like I said, they should have had a LOT of left over IS mechs.  They were not all Atlas, Marauder, Warhammer, Shadow Hawk, Victor, Archer, Thunderbolt, Rifleman, etc that ended up being used as early filler.
Colt Ward

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #462 on: 14 September 2019, 07:41:33 »
If you go that route, there are hundreds of 'Mechs with artwork whose variants have no specific artwork.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #463 on: 14 September 2019, 08:24:43 »
If you go that route, there are hundreds of 'Mechs with artwork whose variants have no specific artwork.

*I* definitely don't mean it like that; that would be more of a fan art project.

I think the...Games Unplugged?...I don't own them; but there were two issues which included art galleries for every variant then established for the Hunchback and Hatamoto-series.

What i am principally going for here with the Never-Seen is those units in BT which have been mentioned only rarely and probably not in great detail; but never statted out with a record sheet, limited, if any fluff.

Some of these will have no art at all; but my main goal here is to create an accounting and brain trust of the kinds of units that might go to fill XTROs and the handful of unit-entries in the back of new sourcebooks.

Like; wow. How cool would it be, if even as a photo-shopping we had someone going through the books and giving us representations of all the canon variants in art form?

Cool. But I don't so much need that as we once, needed at the time; stats for the Leviathan Jumpship. We have so few Jumpships in canon and the Leviathan kept coming up in odd references and sounded really neat from what we knew at the time. Now we have art, stats and fluff for the Leviathan JS and I think that's basically the ideal.

Something I added recently was a notation about the Dragoon's Ballistic-based Marauder II Variant mentioned in 3050 and attributed by the useless CASE in the wrong torso. We have art; we have fluff; we need stats. Headcanons aside.

So for a unique mech; we need stats and a record sheet. Maybe some fluff telling us how it came to be, even if only generally. For something like the Old-New-Old-New entries; we have art and fluff; we need full stats; at least a record sheet.

Some of this could be handled easily by the Devs if we had an official design program again; goodby record sheet docs, hello file-packs of various models that load and print from the program. Or I guess display on tablet for you non-luddites. But mainly, this is me kinda going to TPTB; hey! LOOK! You need something to fill five or so pages of that new book coming out? Here is a list of ideas, already established in canon, to one extent or another, once upon a time.

A.E. Housman

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #464 on: 16 September 2019, 02:01:26 »

Except it is not artwork, they are actually mentioned in the novel and we never got sheets for them . . . how long did it take to get a Red Corsair Battlemaster?
Colt Ward

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #465 on: 17 September 2019, 09:45:20 »
Six of the 'Mechs have record sheets in that one.

But not the Urbanmech LAM  :'(

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #466 on: 17 September 2019, 10:14:14 »
Except it is not artwork, they are actually mentioned in the novel and we never got sheets for them . . . how long did it take to get a Red Corsair Battlemaster?

I think natural selection was the first appearance in 1992 (or was it bred for war?) OTP: Red Corsair was 2010 so only like eighteen years  :))

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #467 on: 17 September 2019, 10:41:29 »
But not the Urbanmech LAM  :'(

Only way to get a Urbanmech LAM is to mount the Urbanmech as a nosecone warhead on a capital missile.
Colt Ward

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #468 on: 17 September 2019, 12:31:33 »
Only way to get a Urbanmech LAM is to mount the Urbanmech as a nosecone warhead on a capital missile.
Someone years ago did a one-off Comic strip with a UrbanMech LAM, looked interesting.  ;D
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #469 on: 17 September 2019, 20:50:14 »

That would be interesting. :)

Someone years ago did a one-off Comic strip with a UrbanMech LAM, looked interesting.  ;D

Ooh! Would love to see it!  ;D

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #470 on: 18 September 2019, 20:08:47 »
That would be interesting. :)

Ooh! Would love to see it!  ;D

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #471 on: 18 September 2019, 20:15:01 »
Ha! Beat me to it... I had to ask the person who posted it that many ears ago, glitterboy2098!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #472 on: 18 September 2019, 20:22:22 »
Now I want a quasit lam...

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #473 on: 18 September 2019, 20:47:30 »
Is the Quasit LAM steam-powered?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #474 on: 18 September 2019, 21:21:35 »
They get recycled vegetable oil from Kyle, the barista with the manbun

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #475 on: 19 September 2019, 16:08:00 »
Which Kyle? Stash or Mutt chops...  8)

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #476 on: 21 September 2019, 05:47:01 »

I love it!  ;D  Thanks!  :thumbsup:

Is the Quasit LAM steam-powered?

That would be fun! :)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #477 on: 02 December 2019, 00:55:06 »
I don't see the No LL IntroTech Hussar on the list.

It was mentioned in 3025r IIRC.

Drops the LL for 2x ML & 3 tons of something (Armor?).

Not to be confused w/ the 350D that drops the engine to add 2x ML.

I'd still love to see a proper RS for that one.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #478 on: 02 December 2019, 02:16:49 »
Isn't it basically a Hermes at that point?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #479 on: 02 December 2019, 02:21:40 »

You say non-canon, but the little story would fit in perfectly well with what the blurbs in front of the new TROs reveal about the 3250 setting.  I bet it becomes canon (well, not the details...).