Author Topic: crimson nights  (Read 2692 times)

Marveryn

• Lieutenant
crimson nights
« on: 18 August 2021, 02:34:39 »
well just finish the third book, it was a good read and i had no issue with it at all a wonderful tale.  thing of note, i original was slightly put out by the fact that the main force of the defense seem to be done by the cadet.  Not sure any military would allow its cadets so much influence on military actions to the point that these character were able to do.  Granted it not the first time cadets were in the field as the Federated Sun had for example academy branches out in the field, but in my head i always figure these were college student roughly in the early 20 where in this book it imply  they were all still well into their teen.  Its kind of like a high school taking on exp military red dawn style.  Once i got pass that the writing was exactly and i did enjoy the characters overall. 

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
Re: crimson nights
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2021, 08:24:19 »
Well, it is a young adult novel.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Marveryn

• Lieutenant
Re: crimson nights
« Reply #2 on: 19 August 2021, 02:29:51 »
yeah that why i had to get over that fact that it require teens to the focus.  took a bit but i manage to power through it :)