Author Topic: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 5, Green Eyeshade Edition  (Read 150571 times)

Wolf72

• Captain
Re: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 5, Green Eyeshade Edition
« Reply #210 on: 01 December 2019, 19:30:46 »
Just added a lance (had to get the Mad II! ... will now get Mad, Mad IIC and Mad II ... yes) and the record sheets for wave 2 ...

When I checked my CC statement, it showed Catalyst games.  The previous PM stuff came in as lynnsander (or some such).

Pretty sure those are both the same when it comes to the PM, yes?
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Billliam42

• Recruit
« Reply #211 on: 01 December 2019, 22:25:12 »
Just finished my PM session (long, but a couple Martinis helped with the work) and my CC payment was labelled "Catalyst" as well.

I went double Star Colonel and some extras, but I'm getting back into Battletech and rebuilding after selling my sizable minis collection years ago. I'm about 50/50 Wave 1/2, but 8 IS lances and 6 Clan stars are coming in Wave 1 (21 salvage boxes!), which should keep me busy painting while waiting for complete fulfillment. Heh, I did buy a couple extra Urbies; everyone needs a lance of them, right?  :thumbsup:

--Billiam
--Billiam

Highball

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #212 on: 01 December 2019, 22:36:13 »
You would actually have to ask your bank. The moment I was able to use PayPal, I used it to avoid those charges from my Credit Card (being German, they are no surprise).

I live in Florida (USA) so why the heck am I paying international fees?
Marshal Russell Trest Oberlan. "War to the sword ..... the sword to the hilt!"

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #213 on: 01 December 2019, 22:57:27 »
My first PM and change were within the first few days of the opening. Not sure if Catalyst name change from kickstarter stuff had taken place, would like to know.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #214 on: 02 December 2019, 03:50:47 »
For the Clan units, I will probably use them all for Clan Wolf or Smoke Jaguar.  I wanted to do Clan Ghost Bear, but I know they use a significant amount of elementals and I could not bring myself to buy two or three more boxes of the elementals (though perhaps I can buy some once they hit retail).  I already have Clan Jade Falcon forces getting put together.  I still have time to decide though.  My issue with doing Smoke Jaguar is I really want to paint units that exist in most timelines from when they were introduced, at least through Jihad.  Obviously Smoke Jaguar, well, got smoked before the Jihad kicked off so it would be hard for me to use them during that timeframe.

Regarding Elementals . . . well, you get 2 stands in the box . . . some of us mount a single Elemental to represent a Point which also makes squeezing them into the hex easier.  Not sure how feasible that will be until we actually get the box in our hands.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #215 on: 02 December 2019, 14:09:10 »
The Ghost Bears like using Elementals, but that doesn't mean that every Ghost Bear force needs to have a dozen points of Elementals in it.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Tangoforone

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #216 on: 02 December 2019, 14:13:48 »
Regarding Elementals . . . well, you get 2 stands in the box . . . some of us mount a single Elemental to represent a Point which also makes squeezing them into the hex easier.  Not sure how feasible that will be until we actually get the box in our hands.

I definitely support that process.  I do that currently with any sort of infantry or battle armor; small pieces, like elementals, get three per stand (on a penny or nickel), while the larger battle armor, like Nephilim, get two per stand (on a quarter).  For these sets, at least the purchases from the Kickstarter, I want to keep everything as they come.

I bet they will be able to get removed pretty easily from the hexes though.  I'm sure an exacto knife will be a simple solution, especially since these hex bases are flat surfaces (unlike the IWM ones with the ridge).

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #217 on: 02 December 2019, 15:49:09 »
Are the salvage boxes with wave 2 IS packs going to ship with their appropriate packs or will we get all salvage boxes up front? I would assume wave shipping.

Asgo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #218 on: 02 December 2019, 16:05:26 »
Are the salvage boxes with wave 2 IS packs going to ship with their appropriate packs or will we get all salvage boxes up front? I would assume wave shipping.
I think they answered that somewhere in the comments. The intent seems to be to ship the SBs with wave 1.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #219 on: 02 December 2019, 16:21:35 »
Seems right b/c that is why they are limited to Wave 1 Clan mechs produced.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #220 on: 02 December 2019, 17:09:32 »
I live in Florida (USA) so why the heck am I paying international fees?

As I said in the post you quoted: you would have to ask your credit card company. Seems strange, though.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Annwn

• Corporal
« Reply #221 on: 02 December 2019, 22:52:21 »
they said the canon chars would be handled separately - with being light on the details. ;)
I generally assume that this only for gathering the actual content information.
At least I hope all acquiring of additional chars etc is done by the PM, a) because that's already done implicitly by pledges and b) complicating an informational survey with the ability to buy more is a receipt for chaos.
If the financial side is done in the PM they have at the end of all things a list with how many chars which backer gets and just have to send out the respective surveys in whatever shape or form.
That also means that providing the char info cannot happen until the PM is finally closed as that number isn't fixed until then.

That was my take-away as well - that the later date thign only applied to collecting information.  The pledge manager is where you pay for the canon character.  Unfortunately, there is no option to do so in my pledge manager.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #222 on: 02 December 2019, 23:15:26 »
I had to scale back my lances to a single company, but I plan to organize them thus:

Knights of DisHarmony, First Company
Command Lance: Marauder, 2 Warhammers, 1 Phoenix Hawk
Support Lance: Archer, 2 Rifleman, 1 Valkyrie
Scout lance: Phoenix Hawk, 2 Wasp, 1 Stinger (I may have the wasp and stinger count backwards)

I've also got two urbanmechs coming that I'll put into an urban defense lance for a separate formation (Urbanmechs aren't qualified to join the Knights of DisHarmony). The clan star, elementals, and salvage boxes I haven't put much thought into, since getting those was really incidental to my primary goal.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #223 on: 03 December 2019, 02:28:25 »
Pick up a couple of Hetzers to go with the Urbies, in a "police action" lance. Paint them black & white for added verisimilitude.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #224 on: 03 December 2019, 08:16:44 »
As I said in the post you quoted: you would have to ask your credit card company. Seems strange, though.

Some view crossing the Florida-Georgia line as entering a different world, so an international charge seems minor!
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #225 on: 03 December 2019, 11:50:48 »
The Ghost Bears like using Elementals, but that doesn't mean that every Ghost Bear force needs to have a dozen points of Elementals in it.
Correct! Some need Golems or kobold IIC's.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #226 on: 03 December 2019, 12:21:32 »
Some view crossing the Florida-Georgia line as entering a different world, so an international charge seems minor!

Yeah, those people in Georgia are STRANGE....  :))

Does anyone know the end date of the Pledge Manager?

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #227 on: 03 December 2019, 13:11:31 »
I used to go to Ottawa, Canada a lot form Detroit. When I crossed the bridge from Ottawa to Gaitneu in Quebec.....it seemed more international than going from Detroit to Windsor.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #228 on: 03 December 2019, 13:36:45 »
A chang in languages will do that.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #229 on: 03 December 2019, 14:50:29 »
Yeah, those people in Georgia are STRANGE....  :))

Craig

From what I could gather it will close some time in January. Only second hand information, but given that the info came from people in the Khan chat, it seems rather solid.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #230 on: 03 December 2019, 19:44:28 »
I think they answered that somewhere in the comments. The intent seems to be to ship the SBs with wave 1.

Really?! So I can look forward an extra star or so of original invasion omnis in wave 1 even if most of my stuff is wave 2 then.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #231 on: 04 December 2019, 08:55:51 »

None has been announced, AFAIK.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #232 on: 04 December 2019, 18:28:00 »
Is it time to throw my wallet to the shredder yet?

Was wondering when and if we get to buy these things and if any info on when it may be shipped?

Kids are asking for early Christmas gifts!

Have the son's  B-Day coming up in January and the ol' lady's in early Feb, just before > ugh < that stupid Cupid day, the 14th! > shudder < ( Gotta spend twice the crap to make her feel better, good thing Gencon tickets go on sale then-ish!  :thumbsup: )

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Asgo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #233 on: 04 December 2019, 20:17:30 »
Is it time to throw my wallet to the shredder yet?

Was wondering when and if we get to buy these things and if any info on when it may be shipped?

Kids are asking for early Christmas gifts!
well, no new estimates so far, last: wave 1 not before march, wave 2 somewhere end of 2020ish.
with some months safety margin, wave 1  might classify as a early Christmas gift 2020, wave 2 might have to wait until 2021.

if talking retail, they mentioned, more as a warning to backers, that after shipping wave 1, wave 1 elements may appear in some form in retail without being too specific.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #234 on: 05 December 2019, 09:08:06 »
if talking retail, they mentioned, more as a warning to backers, that after shipping wave 1, wave 1 elements may appear in some form in retail without being too specific.

To clarify: the warning was that if you exercise the option to defer the shipment of all your items to the end of Wave 2, you may see Wave 1 items such as the first few ForcePacks in retail stores before those items ship.

The idea being to head off any complaints from people who deferred shipping until the end of Wave 2, and then see a Wave 1 ForcePack on a store shelf before they've gotten their stuff.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #235 on: 05 December 2019, 21:48:24 »
I am still waiting for them to contact me.  I have sent messages(from the kickstarter page) and post another statement on the updates that I have not been contacted. 

Annwn

• Corporal
« Reply #236 on: 07 December 2019, 04:14:46 »
I am still waiting for them to contact me.  I have sent messages(from the kickstarter page) and post another statement on the updates that I have not been contacted.

I'm waiting for a response myself regarding the canon character pledge issue.  As long as we don't have an end date on the pledge manager, then I guess I can wait until they're less busy.

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #237 on: 07 December 2019, 07:43:21 »
I'm waiting for a response myself regarding the canon character pledge issue.  As long as we don't have an end date on the pledge manager, then I guess I can wait until they're less busy.
I am in the same boat: no response via the e-mail or KS messenger. I'd like a bit of guidance in lieu of problem acknowledgement/fix is coming soon. How about a) if the Canon Character Add-on is inclusive then it will be handled separately; b) if you want the $200 add-on, then do this (e.g., leave $200 credit in your account and complete your pledge).

plastic_slug

• Private
« Reply #238 on: 07 December 2019, 19:56:17 »
I wonder if they're having regrets on the canon character thing, with the size the Kickstarter grew to. I don't think they were expecting to have to face this volume of characters. It probably should have been a reward at a higher pledge level than it was, to make the numbers more manageable. Still not an excuse for the radio silence, though...

Meanwhile, I closed out my pledge manager. I have cooled again on Battletech since the Kickstarter and not only did not add in anything to my Star Colonel, I ended up giving up the mat and standees, and just used the 'extra' to cover shipping  :-\ Maybe my mind will change again before the manager closes for the first time.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #239 on: 08 December 2019, 07:55:20 »
Is it just me, or is Discord not working?

Register