Author Topic: Where did the 25th Arcturan Guards RCT die?  (Read 1511 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Where did the 25th Arcturan Guards RCT die?
« on: 06 February 2019, 13:41:40 »
The 25th Arcturan Guards RCT seemed to survive the FCCW intact and ended up stationed on the Falcon border it seems on Mkuranga but no indication they were still there in '69 when they were destroyed.  But I also cannot find what Falcon force they ended up fighting.  With a mech regiment, 3 aero wings, 5 armor regiments (Gurti?), and 5 infantry regiments it would take quite a sizeable Falcon force to hammer what could be concentrated to face invaders even if the whole force could not be assembled in one place.  I mean take it by 2/3s and you have 2 mech battalions, 3 armor regiments and 3 infantry regiments- it will take more than a cluster of Falcons IMO.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Re: Where did the 25th Arcturan Guards RCT die?
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2019, 05:50:55 »
They weren't destroyed. The unit remained active throughout the Jihad and were involved in the battle of Terra
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2019, 06:14:07 »
They were destroyed on Tharkad fighting the Wolves and Falcons in 3143. Is that what you're thinking of? Deadborder's correct, they were intact all the way through the Jihad and beyond.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2019, 10:31:35 »
They weren't destroyed. The unit remained active throughout the Jihad and were involved in the battle of Terra

Quote from: FR:LAAF, p10
The Jade Falcons wiped out the last of the Guards, the Twenty-fifth, in 3069, yet despite the chaos of the early Jihad, the regiment was rebuilt and returned to the Falcon front two years later, stopping an assault by Delta Galaxy cold.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #4 on: 07 February 2019, 10:54:42 »
Yup, but I could not find out where or which Falcon unit wrecked them in '69.  And if RoosterBoy is not giving an answer . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 07 February 2019, 11:21:00 »
Yup, but I could not find out where or which Falcon unit wrecked them in '69.  And if RoosterBoy is not giving an answer . . .
then there likely isn't one
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Register