Author Topic: General MW5 Thread  (Read 9892 times)

Apocal

• Warrant Officer
General MW5 Thread
« on: 03 January 2020, 10:26:27 »
I realized we don't have seem to have a general MW5 discussion thread. So I guess I'll start it off with a post I made in another MW5 thread that was somewhat off-topic:

If you're in the mood to do a lot of pinpoint damage at respectable range (i.e. beyond SRM Hulk Smash distance) the Cataphract Hero, Ilya Muromets has a set of three medium ballistic hardpoints and tonnage to fill them with AC/5 and LB 10-X. Tier 1 AC/5s and Tier 3 LB 10-X has virtually the same rate of fire as well.

Just sayin'.

I've been having some real fun ravaging lights at the range where they tend to run straight in at you, popping annoying VTOLs/vees and generally making myself into a ballistic-heavy menace to society. It is reasonably fast, well-armored, carries plenty of ammo and backup lasers, with very good heat management. The downside is much of your firepower is in both arms, which makes shielding fairly ineffective, but as long as you're fast and accurate, with a decent sense for positioning, it isn't too big of a disadvantage.

In other news, I feel like hunting for better pilots (past 45 skill) is far too random. I would have preferred a system where I could either buy-in on skills or raise my own up, but I suppose capping skill levels is one way to force turnover even against players who save-scum their way through every mission. But it does mean that I've sorta stopped caring about the pilots themselves and it is apparent that much of the actually effort in the voice work went into giving them different personalities. They could have used more portraits though and I'm sure their depiction is going to raise eyebrows among those who prefer their mechwarriors in skivvies.

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
Re: General MW5 Thread
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2020, 11:19:17 »
I was rocking a 2 AC-5, 4 ML Rifleman for a while. Full armor except legs and DHS.

I actually dropped the Kintaro for this. Needed to build my ballistic up, and had a fun time doing it with this mech.

Why did I use this instead of a Jagermech? The Rifleman does not have nerfed arm armor like the Jagermech and Stalker.
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2020, 23:04:35 »
so far i seem to enjoy the centurion as my main ride...i just wish the game had other visual modes besides night vision. and one tiny thing...making mechs fall.
other than that i really have no bones to pick
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #3 on: 04 January 2020, 23:55:34 »
so far i seem to enjoy the centurion as my main ride...i just wish the game had other visual modes besides night vision. and one tiny thing...making mechs fall.
other than that i really have no bones to pick

I'm surprised to hear it only has night vision.  Thermal vision is a thing in MWO, and pretty useful.  It was even cooler when it showed thermal output by color...
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Apocal

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 05 January 2020, 09:35:25 »
I'm surprised to hear it only has night vision.  Thermal vision is a thing in MWO, and pretty useful.  It was even cooler when it showed thermal output by color...

A lot of things in MW5 are downgrades of things in MWO, for whatever reason. Even things like the UI pips to indicate reloading being disabled by default. Now my new struggle is finding pilots past in the 40s.

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 05 January 2020, 12:00:50 »

I believe the night vision in MW5 is supposed to take the place of both. If I remember correctly Ryana mentions using it in a few missions that have heavy weather, and it does clear it up some. There is never any need to use it though. The weather and darkness never get bad enough to need it. I have set up Instant Action missions with the most extreme snowy weather I could at night and still could see out to my sensor distances without the night vision.

I think there is a reshade mod on the Nexus that does make it dark enough in some missions.
« Last Edit: 05 January 2020, 12:03:14 by Stormforge »

Apocal

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 11 January 2020, 23:29:42 »
What about endgame builds?

I have the quad LB-X slug Annihilator, which is very, very nice for total damage output, comparable in practical damage-dealing to the SRM24 Stalkers thanks to pinpointing. It feels better for headcapping as well, although part of that might just be projecting my experiences and expectations from HBSTech's Annihilator into MW5, so I consciously go for heads more often. It also has a backup battery of MLs for additional burst damage, but I find I rarely touch them because the LB-Xs cycle so fast. The biggest downside is the speed. My god, the speed. Evac is 1.5km away while enemy mechs chase you? The problem isn't getting overwhelmed, it is boredom after you casually dumpster your pursuers and still have like 1.2km to go. The other downside is hitbox is arrange so you can hit the CT from roughly 210 degrees of arc, which is pretty damned annoying when you're trying to shield.

For a King Crab is double Gauss + ERPPC. Plenty of ammo, no real heat issues, weapons can be aimed as a single group for maximum pinpoint damage, well-armored. It is slow, but not particularly slow at the assault weight-class (looking at Annihilator) and it can shield rather decently if your CT goes open. The arms do hold the firepower though and the whole mech is rather low-slung at that; in the dropship, you can't even see the Cyclops' cockpit it is so low, just like the Catapult.

Cyclops hero Sleipnir is supposed to be good, since it mounts double Gauss in the torsos but it feels middling to me and not nearly as killy as the other two. The Nightstar is better on-paper but something about it feels off as well.

I don't feel like the Atlas matches any of the above, strictly because it doesn't have a second ballistic slot or a large energy slot to add to the damage output at range.

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2020, 01:36:34 »
I think the arm mounted Gauss weapons in the King Crab and Nightstar have a lot higher chance of being targeted and shot off. I used the Nightstar my first playthrough, and lost an arm just about every mission towards the endgame. That and those 2 mechs are a bit slower which could be the reason I was hit more.

On my second playthrough with the Sleipnir the later missions just seemed so much easier, but that could also be that I knew what to expect. I did save scum quite a bit on my first playthrough though. With the Sleipnir I never had to reload, or felt the need.

I have yet to use the Annihilator. I think the speed of that mech would just annoy me so I have been avoiding it.

Nightstar - 2x Gauss with 5 tons ammo, Regular PPC, 2x MPL, 6x DHS, 2x SHS, max armor except for 18 in head and 59 in legs

Cyclops Sleipnir - 2x Gauss with 2.5 tons ammo per rifle with the .5 ton in legs , 3x ML, SRM-4 ArtIV with 1 ton ammo, 4x DHS in engine only, max armor except for 18 in head and 53 in legs

Apocal

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2020, 07:45:09 »
I think the arm mounted Gauss weapons in the King Crab and Nightstar have a lot higher chance of being targeted and shot off. I used the Nightstar my first playthrough, and lost an arm just about every mission towards the endgame. That and those 2 mechs are a bit slower which could be the reason I was hit more.

Yeah, I've heard this quite a bit but I just haven't lost very arms. Granted, I played conservative in one sense (I'd drop three or even two assaults rather than a mixed-weight lance of four) but I wasn't losing very many arms in the end-game. I think maybe the Nightstar might be more vulnerable since its arms are so prominent?

On my second playthrough with the Sleipnir the later missions just seemed so much easier, but that could also be that I knew what to expect. I did save scum quite a bit on my first playthrough though. With the Sleipnir I never had to reload, or felt the need.

I have yet to use the Annihilator. I think the speed of that mech would just annoy me so I have been avoiding it.

Nightstar - 2x Gauss with 5 tons ammo, Regular PPC, 2x MPL, 6x DHS, 2x SHS, max armor except for 18 in head and 59 in legs

Cyclops Sleipnir - 2x Gauss with 2.5 tons ammo per rifle with the .5 ton in legs , 3x ML, SRM-4 ArtIV with 1 ton ammo, 4x DHS in engine only, max armor except for 18 in head and 53 in legs

These are some good builds.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #9 on: 13 January 2020, 10:36:47 »
I don't feel like the Atlas matches any of the above, strictly because it doesn't have a second ballistic slot or a large energy slot to add to the damage output at range.
The K and Kraken are up your alley in that regard, as both mount large arm hardpoints. The K is also the only one mounting an AMS. Frankly, though, the Atlas always suffers the hardpoint game. I think the only two Atlases considered 'good' in MWO were the S (4 Missile Hardpoints led to a brawler SRM-24A+AC20 build) and the D-DC (ECM+SRM-18A+AC20 build), which isn't even possible here. Pretty much every other 100-tonner was considered better.
« Last Edit: 13 January 2020, 10:39:39 by Caedis Animus »

Apocal

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 21 January 2020, 03:52:42 »
One new thing that is annoying: I keep seeing loads of Locusts and Cicadas even at higher difficulties. I'm farming up near the Marik/Steiner border and should not be encountering so many of those things in a post-3040 game world. I know they would be terribly garbage in MWO, but this MW5 truly does need mechs like Stingers, Wasps, etc. to be added in order to step its trash-mob game up. They'll all drop a single good volley from any damage-focused build but at least I wouldn't have such an incredible sense of ennui while doing it.

Also, on the art front, I've grown rather fond of the bold direction they decided upon when it came upon modernizing the neurohelmets. They are still large and bulky and probably cause quite a lot of neck strain but they don't look outright ridiculous in MW5, except for the one Snake Dance-style helmet they deliberately put in there.

In other news, someone on a BT discord tracked down the salvage voodoo and weights:
- Chance of Looting Mech Chassis Legged: 0.1
- Chance of Looting Mech Chassis Cored: 0.25
- Chance of Looting Mech Chassis Headshot: 0.95

Legging the mech giving up salvage less than outright coring out a mech is some :thonk: type weighting but someone else mentioned it was because people would do nothing but sweep legs if it was reversed. I'm not so sure that is the case (95% chance of recovery from a headshot, after all) but I do recall MWO's Solaris matches going to a heavy leg-sweep meta that basically led to a situation where only leg armor mattered in that game mode.

« Last Edit: 21 January 2020, 04:02:09 by Apocal »

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 21 January 2020, 06:03:14 »
I know they would be terribly garbage in MWO, but this MW5 truly does need mechs like Stingers, Wasps, etc. to be added in order to step its trash-mob game up. They'll all drop a single good volley from any damage-focused build but at least I wouldn't have such an incredible sense of ennui while doing it.

Legging the mech giving up salvage less than outright coring out a mech is some :thonk: type weighting but someone else mentioned it was because people would do nothing but sweep legs if it was reversed. I'm not so sure that is the case (95% chance of recovery from a headshot, after all) but I do recall MWO's Solaris matches going to a heavy leg-sweep meta that basically led to a situation where only leg armor mattered in that game mode.

On the first; Honestly, MWO's on its way out, no matter what PGI says. So MWO's viability going to be increasingly less of a concern area for any new PGI-developed designs if they can think forward and not back-not that PGI ever considered a design's viability (Read; The high number of missile-focused assault heroes).

On the second; That's not just Solaris, as it was also extremely common in CW Scouting. At one point you'd see 4 man parties of 12x SPL 4X HMG Novas going exclusively for legs on hapless IS Mechs. But PGI has a bad habit of rectifying issues in weird ways, and I think that it's just a weird casualty of said weird ways.

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 21 January 2020, 06:17:49 »

It makes sense, legging has been an effective tactic in MW since MW 2. so much so that it was treated with disdain in MW4 Mercs Arena mode.

If you could guarantee salvage from legging, then players would do little but. Noting as well that destroying as leg makes the enemy easier to hit, going for the legs makes sense if you are struggling to hit a target.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #13 on: 25 January 2020, 03:46:46 »
https://mw5mercs.com/news/2020/01/25-mw5-mercs-patch

Patch Jan 28th

Greetings Mercenaries

The latest patch details have arrived with improvements and bug fixes. We will be Patching Wednesday, Jan 29th at 12 PM PST (Noon)

We will also be hosting a Dev Update next week (details will be posted next week) so look for exciting information on what the future holds for MechWarrior 5 to be revealed then!

The MechWarrior 5 Team

General Improvements

You can now sell 'Mechs directly from cold storage!
Created a default joystick button binding template for supported joysticks based on the Thrustmaster button layout
Adding the ability to change Anti-Aliasing Modes
Social overlay subheadings can now be collapsed
Created separate movement controls for the drop ship navigation and 'Mech controls

Gameplay / Mission Fixes

Mission "Intriguing Offer" now has a warning in the transmission that accepting this quest will cancel out any other active mission
Federated Commonwealth no longer has allegiance to any other faction
Davion contracts against Federated Commonwealth are no longer possible
Federated Commonwealth now has its own unique selection of 'Mechs
Removed Comstar as a potential enemy for (non-quest) procedural missions
Periphery is no longer set to have allegiance to Independent
Magistracy of Canopus now uses the Periphery icon
Fixed an issue where a DropShip was arriving over a specific garrison and clipping through buildings

Mission / Reward Fixes

Mission "Cost of Freedom" - The correct opponent faction now displayed on the post-mission screen
"Blood and Treasure" Story Quest now produces ammo for the LosTech it rewards
Completing mission "The Shadow Coup" now rewards the correct pilot
Mission "A Dragon in Sheep's Clothing" - User can no longer claim rewards after completing Part 2 (must complete Part 3)
Mission "Pirate Hunt" - Completing Part 3 now grants the completion rewards
Tier 0 Burst Fire AC/10 now has correct salvage shares

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue where Narc on an enemy turret displayed an incorrect HUD indicator
Audio - Hitting TAB to close the pause menu no longer causes the audio to remain muted
Instant Action - Users can no longer get stuck on a black screen if they press Tab or Esc in the Paint 'Mech menu
Tutorial - Unable to complete 'Press "A" and "D" to turn' when certain joysticks are plugged in the PC
Fixed an issue where some users were unable to look around using the mouse

Co-op Fixes and Improvements

Epic Online Services - Upgrade to EOS SDK 1.3
Clients are no longer able to advance time on host campaign when healing an injured pilot
Clients can now always access the pre-drop screen by clicking the contract button along the top menu bar when a mission is queued
Custom paint will no longer revert to the previous state if another client submits a work order and completes it
Player name will no longer become a random number if not connected to EOS
Social will now update when removing the last friend from your friends list
Clients no longer see empty brackets in campaign when Rare weapons or 'Mechs are for sale
Clients no longer see a menu overlapping the Post Mission stats when connecting while host is on this screen
On the drop screen itself, there is now an icon to show which player is readied up
Fixed an issue where the client was unable to join host campaign if they have a large inventory

'Mech Related Fixes

'Mech Hitbox Tuning Pass for the following chassis:
Banshee
Kintaro
UrbanMech
Crab
Highlander - HGN-HM - Equipping a Narc to the second LT slot no longer places the weapon in front of its head
Nightstar - Fixed the Cockpit so it is no longer tilted to the left
Annihilator - ANH-2A - Destroying either arm will no longer show weapons floating in the air
Shadowhawk left arm laser texture fixed
Cicada - Cockpit bounce has been improved
Thunderbolt TDR-9SE - Upper rear RT no longer does damage to the front
Faction Camo - Taurian Concordat now has correct Primary, Secondary, Tertiary colours set

Text and Localization Fixes

Fixed some incorrect mission descriptions
Fixed some long, incorrect, or missing translations (German, French, Russian)
Cold Storage & Market sorting by class, name or tonnage now works in any language

Stability and Performance

Fixed some crashes on loading screens
Fixed a case where users would hang in instant action loading screen due to glitched friend request
Drop Preparation Screen - no longer able to switch tabs with the abort popup on-screen (this would result in being stuck)

Art and Levels - Multiple fixes and improvements

Fixed floating art and game objects in some missions
Fixed level of detail settings on some art assets
Fixed texture resolution on some art assets
Fixed collision and stuck locations in some levels and missions
Fixed issues with some objects spawning under the terrain
Fixed a tutorial checkpoint issue

packhntr

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 27 January 2020, 09:32:55 »
Honestly, I am enjoying the game.  Main ride is a Centurian with an LB10X, LRM-10 and paired mediums. I alternate that with a Trebuchet with paired LRM-10's and 3x Mediums.  Only real gripe I have is drop tonnage caps.  On several games, 160 tons is not enough for the mass of mechs, vehicles and air I am going up against.  On a few they were 200 ton drops and were even worse!  I did make a few alterations to the mechs that the "bot" pilots use...  Drop Jump Jets in favor of armor.  I noticed that they NEVER use the things!  So, out they go!  Now my lighter mechs actually LIVE through a mission!  I have also dropped small lasers for armor as they aren't very useful. Machine guns are great for destroying bases but I try to drop the full ton of ammo for a half ton.
If at first you don't succeed, make it worth the repairman's time!

Leondus

• Recruit
  • Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
« Reply #15 on: 07 February 2020, 17:47:44 »
MW5 fun but it keeps overheating my system  xp

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
« Reply #16 on: 27 April 2020, 22:56:23 »
Not much traffic here...
Is it just my impression or is MW5 just somehow the BATTLETECH game in first person view with some MWO stuff?

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 29 April 2020, 09:11:50 »
Not much traffic here...
Is it just my impression or is MW5 just somehow the BATTLETECH game in first person view with some MWO stuff?
Your impression's entirely off. It's MWO with bots and vehicles.

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
« Reply #18 on: 29 April 2020, 13:07:53 »
Thanks, but isn't the whole "manage a merc unit" pretty much what we do in Battletech all the time?

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: 29 April 2020, 15:34:09 »
Thanks, but isn't the whole "manage a merc unit" pretty much what we do in Battletech all the time?
I'm mostly saying no in MW5's case, because implying you manage your company to any degree of the depth that HBSBT goes is an insult to HBSBT.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #20 on: 19 June 2020, 14:07:56 »
Finally picked up a copy. Very fun game solo and with friends.
Although, I wish we could get all 8 of us together, rather than dividing up into separate lances.
Still, quite impressed.

Are people playing this and just not talking about it?
MWO had tons of constant chatter in threads here.
With MW5 crickets seem to abound...

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #21 on: 19 June 2020, 18:50:17 »
Finally picked up a copy. Very fun game solo and with friends.
Although, I wish we could get all 8 of us together, rather than dividing up into separate lances.
Still, quite impressed.

Are people playing this and just not talking about it?
MWO had tons of constant chatter in threads here.
With MW5 crickets seem to abound...

If I may, I am going to recommend some mods to improve your experience with MW5. The first 5 of these I consider absolutely essential. Going to list these in what I consider order of importance. You may want to explore other mods for more of your own personal flavor.

Better Spawns by Troopermanaic
https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/7

TableTopRulez AI MOD by Oraeon1224
https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/104?tab=description

TableTopRulez Lancemate AI MOD by Oraeon1224
https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/136

Paint Theme Saving by kingmoo1213
https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/34

Star Map Mouse Over - Mission Logos by Cougarcat121
https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/150

Weather Improvement Mod by RainingFire416
https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/131

Hangar Spawn Location by lagstalker
https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/163

Now the rest can be tricky depending on what you may be looking for. I would strongly recommend either MW5 Mercs Reloaded or Merctech. I have not used MercTech yet but read good things about it. It is not compatible with the below HUD mods though. I am currently using and really liking MW5 Mercs Reloaded with the same author's 3D HUD mod. Both do way more than just change the mechlab, but those changes are in different areas.

MW5 Mercs Reloaded by navida1
https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/161

or

MercTech by MagnumForceGB
https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/48

MW5 Mercs Reloaded is compatible with both of these HUD mods which are by the same author.

3D HUD (with Advanced Zoom) by navida1
https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/98

or

Enhanced HUD (with Advanced Zoom) by navida1
https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/21
« Last Edit: 19 June 2020, 18:58:13 by Stormforge »

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #22 on: 22 June 2020, 10:22:40 »
Thanks Stormforge. These look interesting. We will give a few a go.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #23 on: 22 June 2020, 10:34:27 »
Still waiting on Steam.  :-X
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #24 on: 23 June 2020, 13:18:21 »
Update: I finally gave MercTech a try. I do miss some of the features from MW5 Reloaded, rebalanced missions, expanded turrets, HUD, etc. Liking MercTech a lot more. It has a lot missing from TT.

MercTech balances all of the weapons to TT standards. With 3 Damage Models to choose from Vanilla, Tabletop, and MercTech. What these do is increase weapon damage curves to match TT (except the vanilla one) and offset the Doubled Armor. Based around the 10 second round of 6 shots per minute. All of this while giving a lot of weapon variety. Do you prefer faster firing low, damage weapons, or slower firing, higher damage? The MercTech model increases Ballistic lethalness. There is a .csv download with it detailing the different models.

On top of this there is ammo switching programed in (Backslash key) for LB-X ACs, SRMs (Standard, Inferno, Deadfire), LRMs (Standard, Deadfire), and rate of fire switching for UACs. SRMs now can be locked on, deadfire ammo for normal behavior, and SSRMs which must be locked to fire and do not miss. Critical hits which mimic TT, Heat scale which with Mech slowdown, cursor shaking upon high heat, and random rolls for ammo cookoff and shutdown.

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #25 on: 23 June 2020, 17:58:59 »
Just to clarify for the above post. MercTech weapons do not fire once every 10 seconds, but divide up the damage so they can fire faster or slower. Also some burst-fire AC's have from 3 round up to 10 round bursts.

Every PPC still does 10 damage (20 in MercTech to match up against the doubled armor) every 10 seconds, but depending on the Manufacturer of the PPC can fire from 2 to 5 times in that 10 seconds. The 20 MW5 MercTech damage is then divided by the number of those shots per 10 seconds.
« Last Edit: 23 June 2020, 18:12:14 by Stormforge »

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #26 on: 24 June 2020, 19:21:08 »
PGI starting to release more detail on the DLC, have teaser stream planned with a German gaming channel and just released YouTube video of current progress - https://youtu.be/pNPHPQ70DQM

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #27 on: 25 June 2020, 15:25:49 »
Thanks for sharing!  :thumbsup:

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #28 on: 01 August 2020, 18:48:53 »
MW5 DLC getting closer, videos and discord teasers out there, but main reason for bump - Epic Games Store now has mod support and first cab off the rank is MW5. Less reason not to run mods now, and some very nice ones including MechCommander Mercenaries - a conversion of MW5 into a third-person RTS MechCommander game!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #29 on: 06 August 2020, 06:28:49 »
MechCommander Mercenaries - a conversion of MW5 into a third-person RTS MechCommander game!
I just saw that. It looks incredible. I found HBS Battletech game not as easy for me to use.
Looks like that maybe what the doctor ordered.  I will have to see how much the Steam version of the game will be.

As long as the Epic Store stuff not imbedded into it.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Register