Author Topic: TRO 3145/ER 3145 - The future is here  (Read 125154 times)

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Re: TRO 3145/ER 3145 - The future is here
« Reply #330 on: 24 May 2013, 18:04:14 »
Verily!

I'm now even more excited for TRO3145:DC then I was before. That's no mean feat.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #331 on: 24 May 2013, 18:20:18 »
Nice! Definitely a sleek and deadly looking mech.

Just like the CC one, the DC TRO looks full of win!

Makes waiting for the Davion one even harder....

Made by HikageMaru

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #332 on: 24 May 2013, 18:32:56 »
Tenshi's an assault. Means Angel. Is Omni.  has bird legs, and a somewhat familiar shape...

I'm starting to wonder if the Tenshi is somehow related to the Archangel. Look at em, side by side.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

caioaf

• Sergeant
« Reply #333 on: 24 May 2013, 18:42:00 »
So after a few weeks – and a nice helpful assist from Jason when I got hit with an unexpected video project at work – the TRO:3145 Draconis Combine was written, reviewed, edited, and drawn.

so it seems the TRO is almost done... maybe they are waiting to put on sale with FM: 3145? I love conspiracy theories!

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #334 on: 24 May 2013, 18:47:08 »
Tenshi's an assault. Means Angel. Is Omni.  has bird legs, and a somewhat familiar shape...

I'm starting to wonder if the Tenshi is somehow related to the Archangel. Look at em, side by side.

Maybe, but so?

so it seems the TRO is almost done... maybe they are waiting to put on sale with FM: 3145? I love conspiracy theories!

Probably middle of next month, since that seems to be the pattern.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #335 on: 24 May 2013, 19:32:42 »
Maybe, but so?

Just interesting. be a nice way to see to it that the design gets use beyond the one era.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

ScottSR

• Corporal
« Reply #336 on: 24 May 2013, 19:41:55 »

I was thinking more about the Omen personally.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #337 on: 24 May 2013, 19:52:56 »
well, it would make sense that the various IS powers would be employing reverse engineered WoB tech and designs. they were very good units..

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #338 on: 24 May 2013, 21:51:43 »
Probably middle of next month, since that seems to be the pattern.
Nah. Hmm. It's still Friday where I'm at...
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

caioaf

• Sergeant
« Reply #339 on: 24 May 2013, 22:11:08 »

don't tease us this way... I was going to sleep, not anymore!  [drool] [drool] [drool]

(jk, I am going to sleep. except if there will be new books today. so I'll not sleep)

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #340 on: 24 May 2013, 22:17:47 »
Define teasing.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #341 on: 24 May 2013, 22:29:33 »

I've got 90 minutes. Make me happy!
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #342 on: 24 May 2013, 22:35:47 »
Yup. And don't forget, you asked for a shillelagh...
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #343 on: 24 May 2013, 22:37:34 »
Yup. And don't forget, you asked for a shillelagh...

Is this the part where Jimminy Cricket reminds the audience to be careful what we wish for?

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #344 on: 24 May 2013, 22:37:47 »
Would it be fair to ask if this coming update will be of Colossal importance, perchance?

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #345 on: 24 May 2013, 22:39:00 »
Would it be fair to say that this coming update will be of Colossal importance, perchance?

Isn't the next up 3145:DC? Or is the Era Report already ready? I mean, either way I'm buying. Or both ways. I'm easy.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #346 on: 24 May 2013, 22:41:19 »
Would it be fair to ask if this coming update will be of Colossal importance, perchance?
Sorry, no. Saving the best for last. Or...at least the biggest.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

caioaf

• Sergeant
« Reply #347 on: 24 May 2013, 22:43:12 »
Isn't the next up 3145:DC? Or is the Era Report already ready? I mean, either way I'm buying. Or both ways. I'm easy.
aren't you thinking of the Field Manual?

@ Adrian Gideon
inspired by "Casa de las estrellas", I'll make my own definition of teasing:

Tease:
when you make sleepy people don't want to sleep

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #348 on: 24 May 2013, 22:44:54 »

I was thinkng more that, even if TRO:3145 RotS was still a ways off, the game mechanics needed to convert the superheavy tripods to Alpha Strikeuse them in BattleTech might be handy to note.

And, of course, an even more "Colossal" event would be upon us, if we are about to finally peer behind the walls of the Fortress at long last...

Edit: TRO:3145 DC just went up on DTRPG!
« Last Edit: 24 May 2013, 22:49:05 by Nerroth »

caioaf

• Sergeant
« Reply #349 on: 24 May 2013, 22:54:40 »
TRO:3145 DC just went up on DTRPG!

it is up on battleshop too:
http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3161

so Adrian, this is it for today? or I'll have to be awake for some more minutes?
edit: yep, no FM for today. not that I care, I have plenty to read now :D
« Last Edit: 24 May 2013, 23:00:11 by caioaf »

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #350 on: 24 May 2013, 23:03:53 »
edit: yep, no FM for today.

I guess the state of The FutureTM will have to wait a bit longer, then.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #351 on: 24 May 2013, 23:09:46 »
I am satisfied. (belch)

ArcaneRaven

• Lieutenant
« Reply #352 on: 25 May 2013, 03:26:56 »
Makes waiting for the Davion one even harder....

Absolutely! I'm very curious for the other factional TRO!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #353 on: 25 May 2013, 16:21:03 »
Wow, TRO: 3145 DC is pretty awesome.  Some of art was kinda hit and miss with me..over-all pretty snazzy.  Deployment/Battle History was great and in formative.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #354 on: 25 May 2013, 20:53:42 »
I must admit that I was leery at first upon hearing about faction specific TRO that weren't experimental tech but I have definitely changed my mind now. One thing I am really liking with the Faction specific TRO's is that everyone seems to be getting the same amount of attention.

Some of the other older TRO's seemed to have tons of designs for certain factions and virtually none for others. Considering how large a lot of those TRO's were I can understand limiting things or just not having enough space or time but I feel like this approach allows each faction some time to shine.
Made by HikageMaru

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #355 on: 25 May 2013, 21:39:27 »
It also feels out the factions ranks and lets them feel alot more seperate. I'm enjoying DC mechs being DC mechs and CC mechs being CC mechs.

I love old 4th succession war mechs but most of the designs were proliferated.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #356 on: 25 May 2013, 23:38:53 »
It occurred to me that the PDFs themselves seem to be somewhat divided into two major groups, in terms of their respective orders of publication; ones which echo the major theatres of conflict in the Inner Sphere as of 3145.

With the Liao(-Centrella) and Kurita files set to be followed by the Davions, the three most active protagnists/antagonists (depending on one's point of view) are all listed one after another in the release schedule. And once they are done, the focus will shift to anti-spinward; with the Marik, Steiner, and Clan (to include that other Steiner) files rolling out before the spotlight doubles back towards the Republic of the Sphere itself.

It will be interesting, once the Federated Suns get their file out, to see the discussions started in Bonfire (and which seem to have been somewhat eclipsed by talk about the spinward side of the Sphere ever since ER:3145 went up) emerge a little more prominently, perhaps.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #357 on: 26 May 2013, 00:31:00 »
I really want a clan sea fox pretty new fighter. Like the ones that look like the celestial series fighters. they're so pretty. =\
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Aldous

• Lieutenant
« Reply #358 on: 26 May 2013, 01:25:04 »
It occurred to me that the PDFs themselves seem to be somewhat divided into two major groups, in terms of their respective orders of publication; ones which echo the major theatres of conflict in the Inner Sphere as of 3145.

With the Liao(-Centrella) and Kurita files set to be followed by the Davions, the three most active protagnists/antagonists (depending on one's point of view) are all listed one after another in the release schedule. And once they are done, the focus will shift to anti-spinward; with the Marik, Steiner, and Clan (to include that other Steiner) files rolling out before the spotlight doubles back towards the Republic of the Sphere itself.

It will be interesting, once the Federated Suns get their file out, to see the discussions started in Bonfire (and which seem to have been somewhat eclipsed by talk about the spinward side of the Sphere ever since ER:3145 went up) emerge a little more prominently, perhaps.

Not really strange. The Davion vs. Liao and Davion vs. Kurita battles are pretty simple affairs compared to the free-for-all in Steiner/Marik space. You can write up the background stories pretty quick and not worry about conflict.

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #359 on: 02 June 2013, 10:49:28 »
have there been any print copies of Era Report: 3145 seen out "in the wild" as of yet?

Also, while there are some TRO:3145 files which have certain 'Mechs or other units to look out for (such as the Warwolf and Shrike in the Clan file, or the Colossi for the Republic of the Sphere), there are a couple of faction-specific books that I have less of an idea of what to expect for. Specifically, I'm not too familiar with what will show up over on the antispinward side of the Inner Sphere, technology-wise.

Are there any particular units from MW:DA/AoD which people are looking forward to seeing in the TRO:3145 volumes for the Free Worlds League or the Lyran Commonwealth?

And if the Exiles are a good bet to go in the Steiner file (which seems like a reasonable assumption, given the presence of "associated realm" 'Mechs in the first three PDFs), did they have any particular units built on Arc-Royal that might be worth looking out for?