Author Topic: TRO 3145/ER 3145 - The future is here  (Read 125132 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: TRO 3145/ER 3145 - The future is here
« Reply #390 on: 09 June 2013, 13:28:08 »
Hmm . . . Julian is single, disliked Caleb.  Danai is single, hated Caleb . . .

Confederated Suns?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #391 on: 09 June 2013, 13:32:11 »

Confederated Suns?

I've wondered that myself. I've also wondered if Danai would kill Julian in lieu of Caleb.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Wolflord

• Major
  • Look Ma! I have enough posts for a time jump!
« Reply #392 on: 09 June 2013, 13:38:39 »

Confederated Suns?

Might be a bit of a stretch.
Maybe Yori Kurita will decide she needs a new Gunji-No-Kanrei and interview Julian for the pos?  :o

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #393 on: 09 June 2013, 13:41:56 »

Confederated Suns?

Hmm, unlikely.  Though it would be one heck of a shake-up.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #394 on: 09 June 2013, 13:43:01 »
Might be a bit of a stretch.
Maybe Yori Kurita will decide she needs a new Gunji-No-Kanrei and interview Julian for the pos?  :o

The hilarity that would ensue!  :D
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #395 on: 09 June 2013, 13:47:50 »
Actually, Julian should be really hot property dynastically.

Cappies/Canopians-  Heir is female (Danai), unattached.

Dracs- Ruler is female (Yori), unattached.

Lyrans-  Ruler is female (Trillian), unattached though distantly related- but distant enough for nobility rules.

FWL-  Ruler is female (Jessika), heir is female (Nikol) and unattached.

Girl Power?
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #396 on: 09 June 2013, 13:48:46 »
The hilarity that would ensue!  :D

I still don't think that's a word.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #397 on: 09 June 2013, 13:52:58 »
I still don't think that's a word.

Methinks there's a joke here but I'm too dimwitted to get it.  :-[

Adridos

• Sergeant
« Reply #398 on: 09 June 2013, 14:00:38 »

Confederated Suns?

Hardly possible... it's more likely they'd form a federation, instead.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #399 on: 09 June 2013, 14:11:28 »
What would happen if Julian didn't make it? I'd like to think that the Federated Suns would show that it can stand without him; it'd be great to see the FS take on all comers and win without a Davion at the helm.

At this point what's keeping the FS from hiring mercs to hold one border whilst the AFFC kicks another enemy's teeth in?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #400 on: 09 June 2013, 14:16:29 »
Lack of mercs that can hold a border?  Cost?  Lack of replacement equipment for anyone?
Bluntly, the way I read it, they are logistically in shambles.

Btw, if a 'Davion' was not at the helm it would merely mean Erik Groethe-Sandoval was running the show as the Champion.  Which could make things interesting if he stabilizes the situation before Julian shows up.
Colt Ward

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #401 on: 09 June 2013, 14:18:51 »

Lyrans-  Ruler is female (Trillian), unattached though distantly related- but distant enough for nobility rules.

Girl Power?

"Precentor Martial" of Clan Sea Fox. AT&T has competition these days.  :P

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #402 on: 09 June 2013, 14:20:13 »
Mercs holding one whole border only works when you are the Dragoons  ;)...and with the Kell Hounds barely reformed and off hunting rabid Falcons, I can't see any other elite merc unit being able to help the AFFS out a bit. Heck, I can't think of any elite mercs with any other realm in 3145....not saying they are not out there just that I don't remember any mention of such elite units from my sometimes fuzzy memory.
Made by HikageMaru

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #403 on: 09 June 2013, 14:30:12 »
Mercs holding one whole border only works when you are the Dragoons  ;)...and with the Kell Hounds barely reformed and off hunting rabid Falcons, I can't see any other elite merc unit being able to help the AFFS out a bit. Heck, I can't think of any elite mercs with any other realm in 3145....not saying they are not out there just that I don't remember any mention of such elite units from my sometimes fuzzy memory.

Do we have any info on who the 21st Centauri Lancers are working for? I'd love to see them tangle with the Dragoons  >:D

However, I can't think of any others that could make it over there either; what with the Rough Riders in the Galatean League.

Wolflord

• Major
« Reply #404 on: 09 June 2013, 14:40:00 »

Girl Power?

Good points all, but

Trillian - been their done that a few generations back didn't work out so well. The commonwealth isnt in a position to help anyone at the moment. And I can't see Callandre Kell settling for being Julian's mistress.

Yori  - interesting option but probably less likely to work out than Victor and Omi IMHO. Not sure how this could work with the Gunji-no-Kanrei pulling Yori's strings unless this is her big turn the tables moment. The dragon retains the Draconis March and releases their mercs to Fedsuns command for use against the capcon. Just can't help the feeling that the DCMS senior echelons have got the "we can always find another Kurita" bug.

Danai - another interesting option at least as unlikely as Yori IMHO. Though maybe as joint Sovereigns of separate but allied nations with the capcon keeping the Cappellan March it could work.

Nikol - now here is one that I could see working the fly in the ointment being the CapCon although Nikol and Danai were great friends and the CapCon could perhaps be bought off with Andurien and/or the Capellan March?

Antoinette  Labov - solidifies the alliance between the Fox and the Foxes.

Sterling McKenna - what's one more Davion to her and Ortillery is always nice.

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #405 on: 09 June 2013, 14:47:19 »
Do we have any info on who the 21st Centauri Lancers are working for? I'd love to see them tangle with the Dragoons  >:D

However, I can't think of any others that could make it over there either; what with the Rough Riders in the Galatean League.

I like the idea of the 21st Centauri Lancers, always respected them throughout Btech.
Made by HikageMaru

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #406 on: 09 June 2013, 15:52:56 »

Yeah, the Pax Republica period between 3085 and Grey Monday was probably as bad for the Mercenary industry as the Star League's Golden Era.  Now that things are heating up, it's more a story of startup, 'Bad News Bears' merc companies rather than centuries old elites that are descended from SLDF formations.

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #407 on: 09 June 2013, 17:19:27 »
Good points all, but

Trillian - been their done that a few generations back didn't work out so well. The commonwealth isnt in a position to help anyone at the moment. And I can't see Callandre Kell settling for being Julian's mistress.

Yori  - interesting option but probably less likely to work out than Victor and Omi IMHO. Not sure how this could work with the Gunji-no-Kanrei pulling Yori's strings unless this is her big turn the tables moment. The dragon retains the Draconis March and releases their mercs to Fedsuns command for use against the capcon. Just can't help the feeling that the DCMS senior echelons have got the "we can always find another Kurita" bug.

Danai - another interesting option at least as unlikely as Yori IMHO. Though maybe as joint Sovereigns of separate but allied nations with the capcon keeping the Cappellan March it could work.

Nikol - now here is one that I could see working the fly in the ointment being the CapCon although Nikol and Danai were great friends and the CapCon could perhaps be bought off with Andurien and/or the Capellan March?

Antoinette  Labov - solidifies the alliance between the Fox and the Foxes.

Sterling McKenna - what's one more Davion to her and Ortillery is always nice.

You forgot to mention Dalia Bekker and Malvina Hazen.   :D :P

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Wolflord

• Major
« Reply #408 on: 09 June 2013, 17:49:05 »
You forgot to mention Dalia Bekker and Malvina Hazen.   :D :P

I actually had Malvina in then deleted her as being too whacky to consider. I was going to suggest that she might make a useful ally for the suns as IMHO she is the only faction leader in 3145 that the other faction leaders are genuinely afraid of as opposed to wary/cautious of.

Aldous

• Lieutenant
« Reply #409 on: 09 June 2013, 19:11:43 »
I actually had Malvina in then deleted her as being too whacky to consider. I was going to suggest that she might make a useful ally for the suns as IMHO she is the only faction leader in 3145 that the other faction leaders are genuinely afraid of as opposed to wary/cautious of.

I think Cynthy would be perfect for him.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #410 on: 09 June 2013, 20:53:50 »

Confederated Suns?
Actually Lady Sandra Fenlon was slated as his fiancee by Capellan March Lord Amanda Haesk (See Sword of Sedition p.9-10).

When he went into exile, Amanda took her ward with her feeling Julian wasn't up to snuff now he wasn't in the running for anything at the time..
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Aldous

• Lieutenant
« Reply #411 on: 09 June 2013, 21:25:44 »
Actually Lady Sandra Fenlon was slated as his fiancee by Capellan March Lord Amanda Haesk (See Sword of Sedition p.9-10).

When he went into exile, Amanda took her ward with her feeling Julian wasn't up to snuff now he wasn't in the running for anything at the time..

Seems Amanda's got a big head. Somebody should cut it off for her.

Har har har!

Banzai

• Major
  • Team Banzai visits Jurassic Park.
« Reply #412 on: 10 June 2013, 01:43:42 »

Confederated Suns?

"My dear... I give you the Capellan March."

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #413 on: 10 June 2013, 03:37:21 »
"My dear... I give you the Capellan March."

No.

"My dear, I give you the Republic of the Sphere."
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #414 on: 10 June 2013, 04:31:15 »
One thing I really like about the era is that, ultimately, all the Great Houses are in a precarious position.
Marik is just reformed and on shaky ground, existing pretty much only because the Wolves are letting them
Liao is at risk of being dangerously over-extended. They have never held this much territory before, and one
   goof can cause a death spiral.
Kurita...well, frankly, considering the need to have a Kurita on the Throne, and Yori not having an heir..all she
   needs to do is, say, decide to stand up the Kanrei at the wrong moment... Also, with the Ravens taking
   worlds, and the Bears restless on their border...
Steiner is alive pretty much because Alaric out-politiced Malvina, and Malvina hasn't gotten done reasserting
    her dominance yet to finish off the Steiners.
Davion is pretty much one big push from either(or both!) Liao and Kurita from being rolled.

Frankly? This is very interesting times.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #415 on: 10 June 2013, 06:41:28 »
No.

"My dear, I give you the Republic of the Sphere."

No.

My dear, I give you the Capellan Federation!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #416 on: 10 June 2013, 13:03:44 »
One thing I really like about the era is that, ultimately, all the Great Houses are in a precarious position.
Marik is just reformed and on shaky ground, existing pretty much only because the Wolves are letting them
Liao is at risk of being dangerously over-extended. They have never held this much territory before, and one
   goof can cause a death spiral.
Kurita...well, frankly, considering the need to have a Kurita on the Throne, and Yori not having an heir..all she
   needs to do is, say, decide to stand up the Kanrei at the wrong moment... Also, with the Ravens taking
   worlds, and the Bears restless on their border...
Steiner is alive pretty much because Alaric out-politiced Malvina, and Malvina hasn't gotten done reasserting
    her dominance yet to finish off the Steiners.
Davion is pretty much one big push from either(or both!) Liao and Kurita from being rolled.

Frankly? This is very interesting times.

Totally agree with you. This is much more interesting than anything we've seen in a while. (Just one little quibble though: during the SL the CC was relatively huge. Check out the 2571 map in Handbook: House Liao (p. 25).)

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Marwynn

• Major
« Reply #417 on: 10 June 2013, 13:30:56 »
No.

My dear, I give you the Capellan Federation!
Wait, I have it!

The Federated Confederation.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #418 on: 10 June 2013, 13:44:34 »
Wait, I have it!

We have a winner!

Banzai

• Major
  • Team Banzai visits Jurassic Park.
« Reply #419 on: 10 June 2013, 23:38:56 »
Wait, I have it!

The FedConfed.