Poll

What is your favorite Assault suit? Why?

Fenrir
Fenrir II
Fusilier
Golem
Grenadier I
Hauberk
Ironhold
Kanazuchi/Zucchini
Kopis
Nephalim
Ravager
Shedu
Tortoise II
Warg
Xiphos
I just want to see the results (Non-participant)

Author Topic: What is your favorite Assault suit? Why?  (Read 496 times)

Minemech

• Captain
What is your favorite Assault suit? Why?
« on: 29 February 2024, 16:47:57 »
What is your favorite Assault suit? Why? Feel free to distinguish between your favorite, those you like using and those you may believe to be ultimately better.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: What is your favorite Assault suit? Why?
« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2024, 01:41:10 »
I just love how much of an absurd brick the Fenrir II is.  Just enough firepower to insure that your opponent can't ignore it, and enough armor to insure that if they don't have infernos they're going to have to really get serious about eliminating it.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 01 March 2024, 03:32:47 »
The Kanazuchi - or as I always think of it, the Zoot Suit - is a clear emotional favourite. Brick brick brick, and the variant with 10 freakin' SRMs on each suit is a wonderful atrocity. Love having some Zoot Suits on the table.

The Fenrir II, though, is clearly also very solid. Unlike the Zoot Suit, it moves in real-time, and has good loadouts.

On the Clan side, the four APGR or two LB-X Ironholds can't be passed as bricks.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 01 March 2024, 14:12:18 »
Kanazuchi is so armored and armed it works well in area denial missions.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #4 on: 03 March 2024, 01:02:31 »
Had to go with the 'Zuchi, it's a stone classic. They eat assault 'Mechs for breakfast and use the bones to pick their teeth.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #5 on: 03 March 2024, 10:05:03 »
Maybe it’s just the Lyran in me, but I’m rather fond of the Fenrir II.

Relatively fast, good armor, decent payload options.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 07 March 2024, 10:09:00 »
 This poll like the heavy suit one has fairly good spread, at least for now. I will admit I had two major surprises, one because it took so very long for it to get a vote despite its status among the community for a while, and the other for different reasons. I am somewhat curious as to if adding a second vote might have shown greater polarization but think that for now that is best left untouched.