Author Topic: Noisy Cricket  (Read 13898 times)

CloaknDagger

• Major
Noisy Cricket
« on: 05 August 2012, 01:46:34 »
An Assault Protomech worthy of its class. It follows Assault mechs and helps them do their thing.

Code: [Select]
Noisy Cricket
Proto Quad 3/5/0
Structure: 1.5
Engine: 1.0 (Rating:45)
Control: 0.75
Armour: 2.0
CERPPC (Main Gun): 9.75

This one RIDES the Assault mechs.

Noisy Cowboy
Proto Biped 2/3/0
Engine: 1.0 (Rating: 45)
Armour: 3.75
Magnetic Clamp: 1.0
ER Large Laser (Main Gun): 7.0

And this one is supposed to get closer.

Angry Cricket
Proto Quad 7/11/0
Engine: 4.5 (Rating 135)
Armour: 2.75
2xiHML (Main Gun): 5.5

And of course, the original's 9.25 tons is a lot to play around with.

Support Cricket
Proto Quad 3/5/0
Armour: 3.5
LBX-2 + ER Medium Laser (Main Gun): 8.25

Rotary Cricket
Proto Quad 3/5/0
Armour: 2.75
RAC-2 (Main Gun): 9.0

Swoosh Cricket
Proto Quad 3/5/0
Armour: 2.5
2xSSRM6 + ER Medium Laser (Main Gun): 9.25
« Last Edit: 06 August 2012, 15:56:17 by CloaknDagger »

Prince of Darkness

• Lieutenant
Re: Noisy Cricket
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2012, 20:54:03 »
I'd be nice to see how many points of armor and what distribution you have.  You've also computed your movement incorrectly and weight for some pieces of tech.
Cowdragon:
I'm going to type up your response, print it, fold it in half, and look at it like a I would a centerfold. THAT's how sexy your answer was.

CloaknDagger

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2012, 20:58:44 »
I'd be nice to see how many points of armor and what distribution you have.  You've also computed your movement incorrectly and weight for some pieces of tech.

Distribution is whatever you want it to be.

But as for weights, 45 engines weight a ton. 3x15 is 45, so that's the right weight. They run 5, so the quad bonus means 3 for the rating multiplier.

Ratwedge

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2012, 21:01:27 »
The first one is illegal as an ERPPC is unable to be mounted on a Protomech chassis.

CloaknDagger

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 05 August 2012, 21:04:13 »
The first one is illegal as an ERPPC is unable to be mounted on a Protomech chassis.

I thought they can have anything that fits?

Ratwedge

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 05 August 2012, 21:05:55 »
I thought they can have anything that fits?

Nope.

Check out TechManual. Weapons like the ERPPC and CLPL can't fit and so on.

Also forgot to mention, I don't know if the newer weapons (ERPULSE, CRACs, iHeavies etc etc) have been errated in yet so they might be viable until or if they are.

CloaknDagger

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 05 August 2012, 21:13:06 »
Dammit, I don't see why not.  I think they just did that because regular ones couldn't carry that much weight. Oh well.

Ratwedge

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 05 August 2012, 21:17:31 »
Dammit, I don't see why not.  I think they just did that because regular ones couldn't carry that much weight. Oh well.

I would say its more to do with game balance on account of the fact I already feel like I am gaming the system when I field CERLL equipped Protomechs .

CloaknDagger

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 05 August 2012, 21:19:40 »
Like I said, 9.25 tons is more than the original 9 tons protos weighted in total.

Prince of Darkness

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 06 August 2012, 09:48:43 »
But as for weights, 45 engines weight a ton. 3x15 is 45, so that's the right weight. They run 5, so the quad bonus means 3 for the rating multiplier.

Nope.  Pg. 207 Wars of Reaving:
When finding the desired Engine Ratings of a Proto-Mech, determine the ProtoMech’s desired Running MPs. For Glider ProtoMechs (which have a maximum Walk and Run MP of 1, regardless of Engine Rating), use the desired WiGE Flank MPs. As with ’Mechs and vehicles, the Running/Flank MP of a ProtoMech is equal to 1.5 times its Walking/Cruise MP. 
For bipedal, non-gliding ProtoMechs (including bipedal Ultraheavy ProtoMechs), the ProtoMech Engine Rating formula remains unchanged. Quadruped and Glider ProtoMechs receive an efficiency bonus due to their unique designs, enabling them to get more MPs out of a given Engine Rating. To reflect this, subtract 2 from the desired Running/WiGE Flank MPs for ProtoMech Quads and Glider ProtoMechs. (Glider ProtoMechs must also receive a minimum WiGE Flank MP of 4; ProtoQuads must have a minimum Running MP of 3.)
Cowdragon:
I'm going to type up your response, print it, fold it in half, and look at it like a I would a centerfold. THAT's how sexy your answer was.

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 06 August 2012, 10:08:18 »
Nope.  Pg. 207 Wars of Reaving:
When finding the desired Engine Ratings of a Proto-Mech, determine the ProtoMech’s desired Running MPs. For Glider ProtoMechs (which have a maximum Walk and Run MP of 1, regardless of Engine Rating), use the desired WiGE Flank MPs. As with ’Mechs and vehicles, the Running/Flank MP of a ProtoMech is equal to 1.5 times its Walking/Cruise MP. 
For bipedal, non-gliding ProtoMechs (including bipedal Ultraheavy ProtoMechs), the ProtoMech Engine Rating formula remains unchanged. Quadruped and Glider ProtoMechs receive an efficiency bonus due to their unique designs, enabling them to get more MPs out of a given Engine Rating. To reflect this, subtract 2 from the desired Running/WiGE Flank MPs for ProtoMech Quads and Glider ProtoMechs. (Glider ProtoMechs must also receive a minimum WiGE Flank MP of 4; ProtoQuads must have a minimum Running MP of 3.)

Umm... that's exactly what he's done...? ???

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #11 on: 06 August 2012, 11:54:05 »
Nope.

Check out TechManual. Weapons like the ERPPC and CLPL can't fit and so on.

Also forgot to mention, I don't know if the newer weapons (ERPULSE, CRACs, iHeavies etc etc) have been errated in yet so they might be viable until or if they are.
From what I see in the 2nd ED pdf (and no matching corrections in the 3rd ED errata), the following equipment/weapons are legal for Protos:
Angel ECM
Watchdog CEWS
Proto ACs 2/4/8
Proto Partial Wing
ER Flamer
Heavy Flamer
Veh Grenade Launcher
Chem Laser S/M (no Large Chem Laser)
Imp Heavy Laser S/M/L (yes, the large is included)
ER Pulse Laser S/M/L (yes, the large is included)
Streak LRMs
Proto Melee Weapon
Recon Camera
Veh Drop Chute Std/Camo/Stealth/Reusable
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Prince of Darkness

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 06 August 2012, 19:24:44 »
Umm... that's exactly what he's done...? ???

Oh, I see what he did now  :D
Cowdragon:

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 07 August 2012, 04:48:03 »
Chem Laser S/M (no Large Chem Laser)
You don' really need the large, the Clan ER med does a good enough job

CloaknDagger

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 21 February 2013, 22:26:11 »
Update: It's been quite a while, but the errata says I can has ERPPC and LPL on my Proto!
« Last Edit: 21 February 2013, 22:31:44 by CloaknDagger »

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #15 on: 27 February 2013, 17:38:12 »
Update: It's been quite a while, but the errata says I can has ERPPC and LPL on my Proto!
You can also have a LB-10X, HAG20, or Gauss Rifle. Although based on my preliminary math, you'd need a 15-ton quad UltraProto with a 2/3 speed engine to be able to fit the Gauss and any ammo.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #16 on: 27 February 2013, 17:59:09 »
*Drops in, looks around, reads last couple of posts,stops to change shorts and clean chair, moves along*

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

CloaknDagger

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 28 February 2013, 00:15:13 »
*Drops in, looks around, reads last couple of posts,stops to change shorts and clean chair, moves along*

You like it?

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #18 on: 28 February 2013, 02:14:07 »
The ER PPC and the LPL are as heavy as you should get

I hope we get IO soon, 'cause I'd love to play around with new toys the Clans get in that for Proto's

Korzon77

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: 28 February 2013, 05:06:54 »
What new toys?  Where was this confirmed?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #20 on: 28 February 2013, 05:18:32 »
You can also have a LB-10X, HAG20, or Gauss Rifle. Although based on my preliminary math, you'd need a 15-ton quad UltraProto with a 2/3 speed engine to be able to fit the Gauss and any ammo.

And no armor. Gives you three shots

Like so:

Mass: 15 tons Quad
Engine (2/3) 15, 375 kg
Internal Structure 1500 kg
Control System: 750 kg

Weapons
Gauss Rifle (Main Gun) 12000 kg
3 shots 375 kg
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #21 on: 28 February 2013, 09:10:42 »
And no armor. Gives you three shots

Like so:

Mass: 15 tons Quad
Engine (2/3) 15, 375 kg
Internal Structure 1500 kg
Control System: 750 kg

Weapons
Gauss Rifle (Main Gun) 12000 kg
3 shots 375 kg
That's what I thought, by my math. There's no proto equipment like the BA detachable weapons packs that let you carry heavier weapons at less cost than their normal weight right?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #22 on: 28 February 2013, 16:55:11 »
Not that I know of.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

CloaknDagger

• Major
« Reply #23 on: 28 February 2013, 18:40:30 »
I think you guys are missing the point about the ERPPC being far superior.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 28 February 2013, 19:06:36 »
Not at all. Personally my concern about fitting a gauss rifle has nothing to do with the Gauss Rifle and more to do with something else of similar mass that has capabilities an ER PPC lacks.

Society Artillery trey: One proto carries the Arrow IV, the other two carry the extra ammo.

CloaknDagger

• Major
« Reply #25 on: 28 February 2013, 19:07:20 »
Not at all. Personally my concern about fitting a gauss rifle has nothing to do with the Gauss Rifle and more to do with something else of similar mass that has capabilities an ER PPC lacks.

Society Artillery trey: One proto carries the Arrow IV, the other two carry the extra ammo.

I don't think you can reload protos like that.

Can you?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #26 on: 28 February 2013, 19:08:45 »

CloaknDagger

• Major
« Reply #27 on: 28 February 2013, 20:40:12 »
I aim to find out.

NONONONONONO!!!

Don't tell them what it's for!

DireWolfV

• Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: 05 March 2013, 11:50:03 »
Brutal.
"But US forces would not be allowed to employ a platoon of four Abrams against the enemy because the BV would be too high. "

"In a true meritocracy, where all have equal opportunity and equal training, the best athletes will be the ones with the best genes. Heritability of athletic ability will approach 100%. In the opposite kind of society, where only privileged few get sufficient food and the chance to train, background and opportunity will determine who wins the races. Heritability wil be zero. Paradoxically, therefore, the more equal we make society, the higher heritability will be, and the more genes will matter."

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 05 March 2013, 21:54:33 »
NONONONONONO!!!

Don't tell them what it's for!

Too late! Got an answer, a hypothetical artillery protomech with loaders can get off a shot every four rounds (one to fire, three to reload).

I can make that work...