Author Topic: Mods are Awake, Post Our Little Ponies!  (Read 13451 times)

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
Re: Mods are Awake, Post Our Little Ponies!
« Reply #60 on: 30 May 2017, 22:32:41 »
what about that gang of dogs who kidnapped Rarity first season?

Oh yes, the Diamond Dogs.  Forgot about them.  Normally, the only canine we see regularly is Wynonna, who isn't sentient.

cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #61 on: 31 May 2017, 01:21:15 »

Does this count?

Also, Discord is best Pony.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: 06 June 2017, 13:08:46 »
So I caught up to the latest episodes of ponies, and holy crap is A Royal Problem one of the best episodes, period. Not just this season - BEST EVER. The way it humanizes - equinizes? - the princesses is just priceless; I love seeing Celestia with a bit of an edge to her despite trying to be nice, both of them dismissing the other's tasks as slightly easier than theirs, and generally acting like people instead of hiding it behind a curtain was amazing. Twilight's freaking out showed why an outsider was needed. And man, EVIL CELESTIA?! Epic!

I also really liked Honest Apple, mostly because it didn't drag out the realization part of the show - and gave AJ a different problem for once. She had to assimilate some of Rarity's aspect, generosity, in order to move on.

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #63 on: 06 June 2017, 22:45:06 »
So, I realize that I'm not a MLP fan, but since I've said lots of bad things about them over the years on YouTube(amongst other things), I feel the need to make it up to you guys.  I think I have apologized in the past, but if I haven't, I do apologize.  Anyways, one of the Dr. Who pages put this one up in tribute to Missy wanting a pony(amongst other things) while she's in the vault.  Enjoy. :)

(Good thing I figured out how to use Pinterest. :) )

EDIT:  Or maybe I didn't. :(  Oh well, here's the pic. :)
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #64 on: 07 June 2017, 14:29:39 »
I think that's somewhere in season 5.

I'm on Season 5, and I can tell you I recall Pinkipie's Sherlock exploits on the train to a baking contest held in Canterlot, I believe.

The others had to restrain her because, unlike Sherlock, she was jumping to conclusions based on next to no evidence.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #65 on: 07 June 2017, 14:39:48 »
I may be mistaken, but, weren't the Diamond Dogs gemivores(?) instead of carnivores.

And, the suggestion for Dragons hoarding gold and other precious gems is that it's a food source, since Spike eats them all the time. Though there were some weird mud concoctions with worms he downed, too.

I bet fish still eat worms when one goes fishing.

There were those fruitbats that didn't actually eat the apples, but drained them in some strange way.

So, yeah. Meat in general is carefully avoided in the show. Unlike Ripping Friends which has a cow gladly cutting out his flank and handing over a slab of beef in thanks for saving his life.

Finally, seeing the mane six's first encounter with the table sending them to that town without cutimarks, or the Season 4 finale where that centauroid guy is sucking up all of Equestria's magic shows that even the Earth Ponies use magic in some fashion, though it's built into them and not something they can use to manipulate the world around them with thoughts or words.

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #66 on: 07 June 2017, 17:21:24 »
I'm on Season 5, and I can tell you I recall Pinkipie's Sherlock exploits on the train to a baking contest held in Canterlot, I believe.

The others had to restrain her because, unlike Sherlock, she was jumping to conclusions based on next to no evidence.
I was talking the film noir episode with Rarity and Rainbow Dash.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #67 on: 07 June 2017, 17:38:34 »
I don't recall that one yet. So, it might be coming up.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #68 on: 07 June 2017, 20:07:26 »
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #69 on: 07 June 2017, 20:50:03 »
Finally, seeing the mane six's first encounter with the table sending them to that town without cutimarks, or the Season 4 finale where that centauroid guy is sucking up all of Equestria's magic shows that even the Earth Ponies use magic in some fashion, though it's built into them and not something they can use to manipulate the world around them with thoughts or words.

Earth pony magic is stated to be super-strength and the ability to manipulate the ground in order to grow food quickly and efficiently, similar to the way that Pegasus ponies are able to manipulate clouds and the weather.  When Shining Armor used Candace as a javelin in the season finale it was considered a display of strength that went well beyond the norm for unicorns and into earth pony level.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
  • Don't you know, you're all my very best friends
« Reply #70 on: 07 June 2017, 22:38:00 »
Earthpony magic is also seen in the Hearth's Warming Eve flashbacks, as the Unicorns and Pegasai seemed physically unable to grow food, hinting that only the special magic of the earth ponies allows it. 

If memory serves, however, Tirek targeted Unicorns first.  This could be just because most of Canterlot's population is unicorns, but it was implied that they just have their magic nearer the serfice (and so more ripe for stealing) and only after he grew powerful was he "even able to steal the magic of earth ponies and pegasai" (or something like that). 

So I caught up to the latest episodes of ponies, and holy crap is A Royal Problem one of the best episodes, period. Not just this season - BEST EVER. The way it humanizes - equinizes? - the princesses is just priceless; I love seeing Celestia with a bit of an edge to her despite trying to be nice, both of them dismissing the other's tasks as slightly easier than theirs, and generally acting like people instead of hiding it behind a curtain was amazing. Twilight's freaking out showed why an outsider was needed. And man, EVIL CELESTIA?! Epic!

I did quite like this one, since we so seldom get to see life in the palace, and the idea of a reunion of two sisters after a thousand year absence being anything but rocky seems far fetched at best. 

On reflection, though, I did wonder: who did Luna's job for the intervening thousand years?  Celestia seems to have no understanding of it, so not her.  Seems like she just raised the moon and then went to bed.  So, if everypony grew up just taking dreams as they came, wouldn't Luna's return seem a bit funky, especially as she was more a creature of nightmare than a savior?  Maybe the younger ponies could adapt more easily, but the adults?  So really, there's about a millennium of evidence that if Luna wanted to take a night off, it wouldn't be the end of the world.  Though since we often see her during the day, perhaps she does when she needs, and just works hard the rest of the time as penance for her Nightmare Moon days (even though there was a whole episode about her forgiving herself).
"For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century..."

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: 07 June 2017, 23:33:11 »
Well, I live with someone who works graveyards, and if you go to sleep at 730 you can wake up at 330 and get a full 8 hours of sleep - or go to bed at noon and wake up at 8.

I think that Celestia just let Luna's job go undone, and because of the nature of it (gradually soothing bad dreams) means that some ponies wouldn't know Luna had done anything, but it's still important for promoting happiness and harmony.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #72 on: 07 June 2017, 23:53:41 »
Earthpony magic is also seen in the Hearth's Warming Eve flashbacks, as the Unicorns and Pegasai seemed physically unable to grow food, hinting that only the special magic of the earth ponies allows it. 

If memory serves, however, Tirek targeted Unicorns first.  This could be just because most of Canterlot's population is unicorns, but it was implied that they just have their magic nearer the serfice (and so more ripe for stealing) and only after he grew powerful was he "even able to steal the magic of earth ponies and pegasai" (or something like that). 

Unicorns seem to make up the majority of Equestria's guards.  I think he was at least in part trying to cripple the kingdom's ability to fight back against him.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #73 on: 11 June 2017, 10:57:48 »

- I was thinking the same thing about luna's nightmare watching job.  Perhaps when nightmare moon was banished, it also put a cork in some of the bad mojo that came with nightmares in the pony world.  When nightmare moon was released, it came back.  If it wasn't gone during that time, then someone must have been handling it.  Remember when luna told celestia that if they didn't do anything it could damage glimglam's psyche permanently?  If that was just going on without oversite for 1000 years, the whole civilization would have fallen apart.

- Bummed that they moved luna's black spot along with the cutie mark.  Not upset about the continuity error, I just thought it was neat that luna was our only two color pony.

- if you liked this episode, check out the IDW comic My Little Pony: Micro-Series #10 – Luna.  The cartoon tells a better story over all, but the comic focuses entirely on luna's day running the kingdom.  It is one of the funniest pony stories out there.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #74 on: 21 June 2017, 23:44:17 »
So, it may not actually have aired on US TV yet, but I caught the latest episode on the internet (the one involving the Apple family) and it was pretty nuts. I don't really know how to feel about it.

Also, Discord having a tea party was classic, though you'd think Pinky Pie wouldn't be the one to give party advice that leads someone astray.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #75 on: 24 June 2017, 16:08:05 »
Anthropology finally got an animation!

https://youtu.be/_YMBoDcdRd4

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: 08 August 2017, 20:47:08 »
That episode about the apple family's parents.

It's so weird whipsawing from Rick & Morty's nihilism to FiM's optimism, but I liked watching them back to back. It was... like peanut butter and chocolate.

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #77 on: 17 August 2017, 20:20:08 »
Though they're hardly infalable, there definately have been a few pretty stand out eppisodes.  The Apple parents show was just tremendous, all the more that we know (to a degree) that it ends in some degree of tragidy.  On that note, I'm curious to know that story, even as I'm sure a show like My LIttle Ponies can never tell it.

I quite liked the most recent one, too.  Definately poke a bit of good natured fun at folks like us, while still being true to the principle theme of the show and teaching a valuable lesson about how the haters gonna hate...

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #78 on: 18 August 2017, 18:46:23 »
Though they're hardly infalable, there definately have been a few pretty stand out eppisodes.  The Apple parents show was just tremendous, all the more that we know (to a degree) that it ends in some degree of tragidy.  On that note, I'm curious to know that story, even as I'm sure a show like My LIttle Ponies can never tell it.

I quite liked the most recent one, too.  Definately poke a bit of good natured fun at folks like us, while still being true to the principle theme of the show and teaching a valuable lesson about how the haters gonna hate...
The way they just ignored the song was HILARIOUS. Could not stop laughing throughout the episode. "Are we really expected to believe that Fluttershy would just learn the same lesson over and over?"

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #79 on: 18 August 2017, 19:40:41 »
The apple family episode was easily the the most moving episode of the whole series.

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #80 on: 21 August 2017, 01:39:45 »
The apple family episode was easily the the most moving episode of the whole series.

And if you watch the end credits, note who was the voice actor for Grand Pear!! (who else gets the name joke there?)

cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #81 on: 21 August 2017, 22:58:10 »
Unfortunately, this week's episode was... stupidly predictable. I mean, like within 30 seconds of mentioning the quandary it was "They're going to get along, it won't even be an issue, I really hope they solve this in the first five minutes and we spend the next fifteen watching them be amazingly good buddies."

But no. Exactly the opposite. the only funny part to me was the moment that I realized Spike was having a full-fledged Twilight freakout right at the start.

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #82 on: 29 August 2017, 15:23:01 »
A reminder I suppose that this is still essentally a show for young girls designed to teach lessons about the magic of friendship.  As the prior eppisode pointed out, they've all been learning for seven years (time doesn't seem to be real in equestria, since the book seemed decades old, yet the Cutie Mark Crusaders still haven't reached full maturity) so they have to shift some of the lessons to other charictors.  Last week, Spike, Ember and Thorax (their interaction was really good; I would have liked to see them get together earlier) and most recently historical figures existing in stories. 

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #83 on: 29 August 2017, 15:34:12 »
I'm still only on season 6, but I gotta admit that I liked "Stranger Than Fan Fiction".  Probably because I can identify, if only about different subject matters. 

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #84 on: 29 August 2017, 17:50:28 »
A reminder I suppose that this is still essentally a show for young girls designed to teach lessons about the magic of friendship.  As the prior eppisode pointed out, they've all been learning for seven years (time doesn't seem to be real in equestria, since the book seemed decades old, yet the Cutie Mark Crusaders still haven't reached full maturity) so they have to shift some of the lessons to other charictors.  Last week, Spike, Ember and Thorax (their interaction was really good; I would have liked to see them get together earlier) and most recently historical figures existing in stories.
I think we're sitting at about a year and a half in Equestria time; they recently mentioned that the camping trip in season 3 was "A year ago" and we know that there have been two Hearth's Warming Eve episodes, one in S2 and one in S6.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #85 on: 10 September 2017, 11:03:07 »
Legends of equestria is fully up, running, and available to all [that can get into the really full servers]!   Meanwhile, both Norton and Windows refuse to let me run it.   [##]

As for the show, did you catch the part where Fillydelphia finally cleared up their parasprites infestation?

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #86 on: 10 September 2017, 16:24:41 »
Legends of equestria is fully up, running, and available to all [that can get into the really full servers]!   Meanwhile, both Norton and Windows refuse to let me run it.   [##]

As for the show, did you catch the part where Fillydelphia finally cleared up their parasprites infestation?

And you have got to wonder how long it'll be before the Hasborg throws a C&D on them...

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #87 on: 10 September 2017, 16:38:38 »
From what I've heard, they've been very careful to avoid using any terms Hasbro has trademarked.   They've also had several open beta weekends over the last couple years so they've had plenty of opportunities to get get hasbro's attention.   Fighting is Magic got shut down well before they had any kind of open release.

Time will tell.   I hope I can figure out how the hell to get it to run in the meantime.

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #88 on: 08 October 2017, 20:46:55 »
So... My Little Pony: The Movie!

Who's seen it?

I took the kids, and I quite liked it (mind you, I would have seen it on my own but for the kids, but they're a convenient excuse for my bronyness).  Now, it was imperfect (as my kids were quick to point out) but I had a better time than in plenty of "real" movies I've been to.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #89 on: 08 October 2017, 21:26:53 »
planning on sneaking in next Friday.  I don't have any kids for cover and my nieces have moved on to voltron.

Register