Author Topic: Mods are Awake, Post Our Little Ponies!  (Read 13234 times)

DarkSpade

• Major
Re: Mods are Awake, Post Our Little Ponies!
« Reply #90 on: 09 October 2017, 19:46:57 »
1. Go to google
2. Search for "best pony"
3. Check the side bar and just except the truth.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
  • Don't you know, you're all my very best friends
« Reply #91 on: 11 October 2017, 13:47:46 »
I'm not sure quite how to feel about that.  Sometimes, though, I think the internet has become a caricature of itself.
"For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century..."

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #92 on: 20 October 2017, 14:19:49 »
Saw the movie.

Over all great.  Everything you'd want from ponies and then some once you get used to the different animation.

Problem is that they added too many new characters and locations and as a result, only one(Tempest) gets any development whatsoever.   If you haven't read the comic prequels, you probably walked away figuring Capper just really likes buttons.  They're all likable though so I do hope we see some of them showing up in season 8.

At first, the PG rating didn't make much sense, but with that ending I guess I can understand why.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #93 on: 05 January 2018, 17:57:44 »
Has anyone seen a physical blu ray of the movie anywhere?  ???

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #94 on: 05 January 2018, 19:40:06 »
According to Amazon, it's available the 9th.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #95 on: 06 January 2018, 11:53:15 »
Saw the movie.

Over all great.  Everything you'd want from ponies and then some once you get used to the different animation.

Problem is that they added too many new characters and locations and as a result, only one(Tempest) gets any development whatsoever.   If you haven't read the comic prequels, you probably walked away figuring Capper just really likes buttons.  They're all likable though so I do hope we see some of them showing up in season 8.

I just saw it and I did not think it was that fantastic:
--Twilight's behaviour in this story was decidedly off.  She is not doing well as the Princess of Friendship, especially not after how she spoke to Pinkie after the failed theft of the hippogriff/merponies' magic pearl.  Is there any way to reverse alicorn ascension?  Because she sure deserved it after that.  And this after she had a strong showing in the season finale.
--There was I consider a somewhat disturbing development:  I think this is the first time they have actually killed a villain (the petrified Storm King falling and shattering).
--The Storm King and Discord...separated at birth?  Lookswise maybe not, but in terms of personality he came off as a weak Discord clone.  I don't see why they needed a "real" actor for the voice work here; John de Lancie would've done just as well.
--As was already said, too many new characters.  Came off feeling a bit like the old Transformers movie IMO.
--The new animation style was more eye-popping than the TV show (which has itself improved over the years), but I felt it had a familiar feel to it.  Then I saw the credits.  VERY disappointed they outsourced the animation on this one--it looks much like one of China's Xi Yangyang (Pleasant Goat) movies.  Visually very impressive but they can't come up with good stories worth crap.  (Can you tell I've had to sit through a few of these...?)

OTOH, it was strangely satisfying to finally see Spike's fire breath being used in an offensive manner.

cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #96 on: 22 February 2018, 09:19:22 »
Well for those interested...

Trailer for Season 8!

As a casual watcher, I guess it's a natural progression. I'm also guessing S8 is post movie?

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #97 on: 22 February 2018, 12:08:28 »
Well for those interested...

Trailer for Season 8!

As a casual watcher, I guess it's a natural progression. I'm also guessing S8 is post movie?
I think I saw somewhere that the writers confirmed it is.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #98 on: 22 February 2018, 18:19:20 »
Relevant to my interests...or it would be if they were poseable figures and not statues.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/02/17/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-goes-full-moe-in-new-kotobukiya-bishoujo-statue-line

It's a very cute Pinkie Pie, though.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #99 on: 22 February 2018, 20:26:17 »
In related news, it appears that Them's Fightin' Herds- the 2D tournament fighter that started out as a MLP fangame, is now in early access on Steam.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #100 on: 21 April 2018, 19:09:45 »
Anyone catch today's episode.

Very impressed with how they managed to do an episode about coping with your parents' divorce without ever once mentioning or even hinting at divorce.