Author Topic: New FGC anyone?  (Read 22208 times)

Daemonknight228

• Lieutenant
  • mei veneratio est mei vita
Re: New FGC anyone?
« Reply #30 on: 13 May 2012, 15:09:59 »
If you are needing of the helps, feel free to ask us, be it me or one of the other players. Any of us will be happy to help you with what you need. Though now that the initial build is finished, all you really have to focus on is the RP, and staying alive, lol. So long as nobody decides to invade you, you should be alright.
Global Moderator - Intelser.org

"I imagine he burned up on re-entry. That kind of happens when one is spaced in orbit without any kind of flight suit, parachute, or other protective gear...."
-Herb Beas

Space him from orbit...it's the only way to be sure.

Fatebringer

• Major
  • 138th Mechanized Infantry The Chicago Division
« Reply #31 on: 15 May 2012, 15:10:08 »
The Capellans would be more than willing to help ;)

Star Captain Jared Siegel ~ Clan Snow Raven Forum
"If every mech was built like in MWO, we'd all be carrying ammo in our feet..."

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #32 on: 16 July 2012, 23:38:38 »
Hey, just noticed this, wish I'd been in earlier to add my voice to the chorus saying '85 would be an awesome setting.  All those FWL splinters, the RotS, other new factions, militaries in flux, not as much existing canon to worry about, it'd be glorious.  At any rate, do y'all still need folks?
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
« Reply #33 on: 17 July 2012, 14:34:25 »
The answer is yes.

Daemonknight228

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: 21 July 2012, 07:22:10 »
We are always looking for new players, especially with the St Ives Compact now playerless, and the DC currently in an odd state of GM quasi-control at the moment. I would need experienced players for control of the DC, but Id be willing to teach a new faction head the ropes with the SIC.

"I imagine he burned up on re-entry. That kind of happens when one is spaced in orbit without any kind of flight suit, parachute, or other protective gear...."
-Herb Beas

Terminax

• Lieutenant
  • Never despair. Never surrender.
« Reply #35 on: 21 July 2012, 14:38:41 »
If I can have control of a faction, I'll play.

Daemonknight228

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: 21 July 2012, 20:17:27 »
Do you have prior experience as a faction head in an FGC?

-Herb Beas

Daemonknight228

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: 21 July 2012, 20:20:40 »
The reason I ask is because AK has expressed an interest in taking up the SIC. If he decides to do so, the only factions without faction heads are the FWL and DC, and they will require a substantial time investment, and the sheet isn't the easiest thing to learn on the fly.

-Herb Beas

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: 22 July 2012, 07:29:40 »
Nope (I've tried joining but each time the game hasn't continued for one reason or another) but I've run and participated in large Battletech forum play-by-post games and did all the math/math checking for 30+ players by hand without spreadsheet support. The style is moderately different than how you guys do it but it's still Battletech and I can adjust. I can be available for a couple of hours most nights and maybe twice that once a week.

If you want to wait around for someone else to head up a faction head, that's up to you but I'm willing to be thrown into the deep end.

Daemonknight228

• Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: 22 July 2012, 15:23:54 »
Yeah sorry, but I want someone whose got experience with our system to take over the FH jobs. you are welcome to join as a normal player if you change your mind about leading a faction right off the bat.

-Herb Beas

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: 22 July 2012, 16:47:01 »
No problem.

My only issue as a "regular" player, is I've been stuck twice in fan council games just spinning my wheels for weeks (months???) waiting for a faction head to coordinate with only for the game to end because either faction heads or mods couldn't play or run things. I'm quite willing to be just a "regular" player but I expect if I'm volunteering my time that at the very least I'll be able to do something. I have no particular care what I play, just that I get to play something.

Daemonknight228

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: 23 July 2012, 17:21:52 »
The game took a slight downturn of playability the past two weeks because of some medical issues on my part. I have some rather serious issues with my right leg, curtesy of a Ewing's Sarcoma(bone cancer). My cat tried(and succeded) in knocking me down a flight of stairs, so I was out of commission for ahwile.

Normally however, I run to a rather strict schedule, because I played the Jade Falcons in the previous game, and I know how aggrivating it can be when things get postponed and whatnot. Go on over to the forums and see which faction looks like the most fun to you. Pretty much everyone except SIC, the FRR and FS could use another player.

-Herb Beas

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #42 on: 24 July 2012, 14:46:06 »
I've posted over at Intelser.

I'm not worried about the current game, insofar I know you have your medical issues. I just don't want to be jammed up waiting like the last time I tried playing (back when FGC were still run here).

Just curious, but would there be a way to learn how the FH position works? Seems to me, it'd be to the advantage of the game to educate a broader base of people so that if/when positions open up a person could step up to a FH without having to slow down to pick up the basics.

Daemonknight228

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: 24 July 2012, 18:02:46 »
You can ask your faction head when you get in the game. It's more a case of understanding how the paperwork is resolved, and keeping track of everything. There isn't a special skill set you need, you just need to know the rules really well. Reading over the rulebook, and seeing them in action, is going to give you a good idea of how to do things. Feel free to download a copy of the faction sheet from the site and play with it, but the best way to learn is just watch the way the faction heads do things. RP skill is also a big deal, because the Faction Head should be the most frequent poster in a faction, seeing as how they control every character within their realm.

On a seperate note, guys, we've lost a few players for various reasons. Cannon and Absalom both couldn't devote the time required to the game and dropped out. I have not heard from Toshiro Ngami since he first joined, and Jaim Magnus kinda disappeared. Chaosxtreme has disappeared, but I believe I know why. As such, we're actively looking for new players to join our game and bring our numbers back up. The Periphery is still locked out for now, simply because we don't even have the players to fill up the Great Houses. The LC is down to 2 players, and the DC only has one, and Grey isn't really able to devote the time to the game to be a Faction Head, meaning he and I are running a sort of hybrid GM Faction.

If anyone has an interest in role playing in the battletech universe, the game could use you. You don't have to pick a major personality either- if you want to be a lance leader in the 3rd Benjamin Regulars, that's fine, we can use you. If you want to play a member of the Estates General, we can use you. We could especially use people to fill up the FWL parliament, because we lost a great arguer when Chaos left us.

For those people who are perhaps waiting until the periphery opens up to play, there's not much I can do for you at this point. While I'm sure we would pick up a player or two, I want to have the core factions running smooth before I worry about involving the fringe factions. Not that their contribution is any less important, but their impact on the game is reduced because they generally only interact with 2, perhaps 3 factions at any given time due to their locations. So if you want to see your periphery factions opened up, encourage friends who enjoy RPing to come join the game. The sooner our player count increases, the sooner I will consider opening the factions up.

and for people perhaps waiting for the Clans, you guys are in a similar situation. Even though we are 'years' away from the invasion, I would be amenable to opening the Clans up now...IF  we had the players to support the Clans, and the IS factions, and the IS factions have to take priority right now. Get your friends to jump into the game, and we can talk about opening up the Homeworlds for some pre-invasion fun.

-Herb Beas

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #44 on: 20 August 2012, 13:34:39 »

If anyone has an interest in role playing in the battletech universe, the game could use you. You don't have to pick a major personality either- if you want to be a lance leader in the 3rd Benjamin Regulars, that's fine, we can use you. If you want to play a member of the Estates General, we can use you. We could especially use people to fill up the FWL parliament, because we lost a great arguer when Chaos left us.

A bit off topic question here - Were there any FGC players who represented Free Skye? (That you know of?) Thaks!
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

Crunch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: 20 August 2012, 13:51:20 »
Not specifically last time I checked. I believe that Cannonshop had bowed out and left Hugin and Ian Sharpe running a two man show.
It's really, it's a very, very beautiful poem to giant monsters. Giant monsters versus giant robots.
G. Del Toro

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #46 on: 20 August 2012, 19:08:13 »
Ian's doing Skye generally, though I don't know how he's handling Free Skye specifically.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: 20 August 2012, 20:16:03 »
They're dead.  Or are they?

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #48 on: 21 August 2012, 13:09:42 »
They're dead.  Or are they?

Well they were active until at least 3057 or thereabouts, so it depends what era the scenario is.
Unless that was a rhetorical question.  ^-^

Do you represent Skye or the Lyrans in General?

And is there a FGC running now?

I've posted over at Intelser.

I'm not worried about the current game, insofar I know you have your medical issues. I just don't want to be jammed up waiting like the last time I tried playing (back when FGC were still run here).

Is there a reason why it would be run elsewhere instead of here?
« Last Edit: 21 August 2012, 13:14:08 by Lord Cameron »
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: 21 August 2012, 18:04:12 »
Skye.  Hugin is the rest of the Elsies. 

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #50 on: 23 August 2012, 13:01:14 »
Well, there is, but there hasn't been much posting in the last few weeks.  Quiet over there.

I'd like to throw out an idea that was discussed a little over there as well: Would anybody be interested in a Homeworlds-based FGC set in the post-Reaving (3090-ish) era?  It shouldn't take a whole lot of interest, with only 4 Clans, the Escorpiones, and maybe the Hansa.  I'd really like to give that a whirl.
Sunrise is Coming.

Hugin

• Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: 22 January 2013, 14:11:10 »
well I'd be interested

and it's small enough to maybe work :)
RIP? No way. You, Albatross drink with Oden and Thor in Valhallas great halls and I'll join you soon!

Crunch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: 22 January 2013, 23:33:57 »
I'd play just about anything, although my vote would still be for 3085ish fractured FWL.
It's really, it's a very, very beautiful poem to giant monsters. Giant monsters versus giant robots.
G. Del Toro

Crunch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: 12 February 2013, 05:41:05 »
Any word on anything FGC related?
G. Del Toro

chaosxtreme

• Master Sergeant
  • A Nation Ruled by Law's not Lord's
« Reply #54 on: 12 February 2013, 13:47:48 »
I am back to a point in my life where I can be involved if you guys would have me.

Apologies for how I left last time I just ended up in a bad place really quickly with family and work.

A Nation Ruled by Law's not Lord's

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #55 on: 31 March 2013, 13:20:01 »
Not to poke a dead horse with a stick, but has there been any word over a renewed/restarted FGC? My idle curiosity has gotten the better of me.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"Being tactful in audacity is knowing how far one can go too far."
Jean Cocteau

The Once & Future WiseOldNovaCat

Crunch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: 31 March 2013, 14:23:14 »
Not that I've heard. I remain interested.
G. Del Toro

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #57 on: 31 March 2013, 22:06:34 »
I as well.  Somebody PM me if there's news and I don't see it.
Sunrise is Coming.

Klingon

• Sergeant
« Reply #58 on: 01 April 2013, 14:06:17 »
Likewise; provided it's no later than, say, 3055, and earlier is better than later. A pre-3025 campaign could definitely be interesting.

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
« Reply #59 on: 01 April 2013, 14:42:51 »
None will happen without at least 3 individuals who are willing to take on the management of a new FGC, and who can vouch for their availability in the near future (things happen).

And that's just the starting point.
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Register