Author Topic: Kerensky's Hound series - Discussion, Advice, Spoilers ?!?  (Read 1658 times)

Lyran Wolf

• Come the Millenial!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
So I've decided to split the outline I had into a couple novella sized works.  I don't think it is too spoilery to say those of you with Shattered Fortress should have a good understanding of how much longer the current one will last ;)  So I figured I would post a central location for any potential discussion, questions, advice, desires, etc. As always thank you all for taking the time to read my fiction  :)

I will open with some questions for the readers.

If there is one thing you would change, what would it be?
If there is one thing you would want me to focus on more, what would it be?
Name something that you think would improve the writing or my writing style.

Spoilering this to be on the safe side.

Since I may or may not get to see IlClan before I catch up to the point when the Exiles disappear.  Where do you think they went?  I have plans but it would be interesting to hear some theories.

And also a thought experiment.
If you had to build a Nova using Omnimechs and Battlearmor available to the Exiles in the Dark age what would it be?  Guidelines are as follows:
All 5 mechs need to be omni, or capable of ferrying BA.
None should be slower than 5/8 to keep the speed up.
Lyran Omnimechs and Battlearmor are fair game.
No more than 1 salvaged Omnimech
CDT Agent #1000
Author - The Weight of a Name (Shrapnel #4), Hard Choices (Shrapnel #14)

Lyran Wolf

• Come the Millenial!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
Re: Kerensky's Hound series - Discussion, Advice, Spoilers ?!?
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2019, 20:43:51 »
So what would people like to see me do after I finish the Fall of Arc-Royal?
By hook or by crook I will force myself to finish before November and may actually try something for NANOWRIMO this year.

I could continue the series.

Write something about Erwin in his younger days joining the Watch.  Is there any good information on the Watch now, or would I be headed into uncharted territory?

I have also been contemplating trying some Short Stories and practicing in anticipation of the call for submissions to the magazine.  I would want to flex writing muscle for as wide a range of asks as possible.

Finally is it worth packaging everything into a single file and posting?  Since this is essentially my first story I wasn't sure what was worth the time.  I would want to take a good editing pass to polish the first story up as well.

Finally thank you to everyone who continues to look in.  Even if just to watch the train wreck unfold.  I don't get a lot of views but at least it is steady enough to keep me motivated.
CDT Agent #1000
Author - The Weight of a Name (Shrapnel #4), Hard Choices (Shrapnel #14)

cklammer

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2019, 03:22:29 »
I am using the firefox extension "dotepub" to dump the thread's print page into "epub" electronic book format - similar firefox extensions exist for "PDF" files; i do not know about other browsers and their extensions: but this approach is very basic, quick-and-dirty and one-size-fits-all.

A single file properly formatted, authored, annotated and (maybe even) illustrated is still vastly more superior in handling and visual appeal; I for myself would vastly prefer that.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2019, 20:48:26 »
Erwin back story would be interesting, but I'm not sure there a lot on the Watch
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Register