Author Topic: Visitation Rites  (Read 3666 times)

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
Visitation Rites
« on: 13 January 2012, 08:20:24 »
This senario was based upon the "Visitation Rites" From TPD: Vega.

A Ghost Bear Patrol attempts to stop some fresh Combine Troops from reaching the Capital.

Attackers consist of elements of
Sword of Light guys were:

Kabuto 7B (3/4)
Trebuchet 8B  (3/3)
Marauder 9M2 (Commander, 2/3)

Benjamin Regulars were:
Wight 1LAW/SC3 (3/4)
Pegasus X-pulse (4/4)
LRM Carrier 3055 (3/5)
Hiryo (4/5)
2 squads of Raiden Tsunami (4/5)

Defenders Consist of Elements of the Bears Omega Galaxy.
Shadow Cat O A Prime that replaces the Guass with an Arrow IV (3/4)
Huntsman A (3/4)
Grizzly(2/3)
Stopping Hawk O Mounts 2 Plasma Cannons. (3/3)
Summoner G (2/4)
Sylph 2
Sylph 2
They start the game hidden.
Objectives:
My obejctives:
 Kill/Cripple half The Bear forces
get guys off the Far side of the table (to recon a taget for later)

The Bear objectives:
Kill/Cripple half Drac forces
Kill Drac commanders

Turn 1

The Dracs forces enter the combat zone. The Bears remain concealed.

Turn 2
Having seen where the DCMS forces where concentrating the Bears sprang to life. And left their hidden areas and closed on the enemy.

The DCMS continue to advance with a Hill between them and the main bear forces.

Turn 3
The Bears keep on closing the gap. While the Shadowcat remains in its woods and attempts to Boresight upon the Wight.
The Huntsman pegs the Wight.
While the DCMS focus on the Summoner. Thanks to the Pegasus providing targeting data. Which bravely parks itself behind a hill safe from return fire. Then Fires upon a squad f Sylph killing one of the troopers. Who are making desperate attempts to hit the Hiryo.

Turn4
After a bit of an argument between the unit commander and the BA they reluctantly agree to try and close down the Pegasus.
It does Zip around them. But the detour left it in range for the Huntsman who managed to take out the drive system Immobilizing it.
The Stooping Hawk manages to pump the heat of the Marauder to a staggering 15 extra points.
The Kabuto takes fire from the Summoner but stays kicking.  The Trebuchet takes enough of a pounding to be knocked off its feet.
And the Hiryo continues it beeline for the city.

After copping that he has Left the Dracs a gap they can get around his weapon through. Mechwarrior Russell gives up Boresighting and sends a Volley skyward.

Turn 5

The Hiryo is gone. Off to the city to wreak havoc.
And remember that Arrow shot the Shadowcat Unleased.

It was aimed for the Hex to the right side of the Marauder. Unfortuantly Russell may have been a little excitable at the controls and the shot falls short onto the Poor Grizzly who was minding his own business lining up shots on the Avatar.

The Bears push to the close the gaps the DCMS are running through. The Trebuchet stands and makes a run but with its slower movement. It become Target of choice for a high percentage of the bears. The incoming fire takes it toll on the mech and wrecks its vital engine and gyro.
The Dracs spreed their fire over the bears mechs to little major affect.
The Summoner puts the loyal Pegasus crew to the test by stepping on the front compartment. They die a Gooey paste Loyal to the Dragon

The Kabuto makes it dash for the mountain. It looks unlikely that it will be caught.
The Summoner puts the loyal Pegasus crew to the test by stepping on the front compartment. They die a Gooey paste Loyal to the Dragon

Turn 6
The Sylph catch up with the Wight. And attempt to hack the Bone on his leg. But fail in the task.

The Avatar and Marauder set up firing line on the Summoner and strip most of the mechs torso armor from it.
The Shadow Cat lobs a shell towards them but it has little effect as it explodes between them.
But the combine Stooping Hawk, Summoner and Grizzly fire takes out one of the Marauders arms.

And the Huntsman is looking at a longshot on the Kabuto.Who is about to Crest the mountain into safety.

Two Large Pulse later and the Kabuto looses a torso and that vital Engine leaving it rubble atop the mountain range.

Aftermath
We ran out of time here. But at this stage based on points the game was a Draw. So we quickly played out the Huntsman chasing down the Wight.
While the rest of the bears held off the remaining DCMS troops.
The Wight was chased for 2 more turns before the Huntsman dealt it a death blow. Making it a Marginal Victory for the Bears side.

There was much debate over just how the fight between the
Marauder,Avatar and LRM Carrier Vs the Summoner,Shadow Cat, Stooping Hawk,Grizzly and remaining Slyph would have gone down.
But that was not important. :)

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
Re: Visitation Rites
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2012, 08:26:15 »
This was a fun senario. And gave me an excuse to try stuff I don't normall use.
Such as the Slyph and the Arty.
Turns out I may need more practice on the Arty front after my deployment left that 1 hex safe zone for his units. I did think it was just a matter of time before I got to hit the little guys with the Arrow shots fired directly. But C'est La Vie.
Next time I'll count better.

The Summoner G was well received by Troy who hadn't come across it before. He was very impressed with its preformance.

One of the Drac players couldn't figure out why the Stupid Hawk was called such a silly name till she was informed it was just us mocking it. Except for Brian who likes the little guy.

We also saw that the wight ain't as fragile as us clanners thought it was.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #2 on: 13 January 2012, 09:47:08 »
It was a fun game, though I would have preferred if we could have hit a few more times (Robbed of killing the Thor and Stoopid Hawk by HPPCs that just couldn't hit), or if even one of the Wight, Kabuto, or Pegasus X-Pulse could have not died the turn before they would have made it off the table.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2012, 10:17:50 »
You killed some Slyph. Was that not enough for you?

The pegasi suffering the Motive crit was unfortunate for you side.

We worked for the Kabuto and Wight kills thou. It just wasn't your day for them.
I really had written the Wight off as a little bug waiting to be squished.

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2012, 14:08:35 »
Great battle report.  Thanks for posting.

So what do you think would have happened if you had more time?

A Shadow Cat with an Arrow IV?  What was the inspiration behind this?

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #5 on: 16 January 2012, 14:10:59 »
If it had gone on I would have been horribly hurt more.  And hopefully downed about half the Clanners in the process :D
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #6 on: 16 January 2012, 14:47:13 »
Omega Galaxy of the bears are infamous for using Innersphere tactics.
A Shadow Cat with an Arrow IV?  What was the inspiration behind this?
Omega Galaxy of the bears are infamous for using Innersphere tactics. So I took the notion of replacing Gauss or Autocannons with Arrow IV when I discovered the Direct fire rules.
Plus I like the Idea of a Mobile Artillery piece. Just a shame about the lack of ammo.
I took it this game as we where going in the Dark Age

That and I used the Gauss arm for something else. And end up replacing it with the srm off an Enyo.

So what do you think would have happened if you had more time?
If it had gone on I would have been horribly hurt more.  And hopefully downed about half the Clanners in the process :D
Not a hope. You where totally on the ropes. You may have gotten lucky with the Summoner had Troy closed with your guys.
But Unless you got Lucky the firepower left on the clan side would have overwhelmed your remaining dudes.

Totally.

Register