Author Topic: Comprehensive Weapons Information  (Read 1100 times)

Crackerb0x

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
  • Alpha Strike Apologist
Comprehensive Weapons Information
« on: 13 November 2018, 14:32:07 »
This is a long-shot, but like many programmers before me, I'm trying to build an application with uses for BattleTech and I was wondering if anyone had a comprehensive list of weapons and equipment systems with damage/ranges/availability/special rules/etc., because why reinvent the wheel if someone else has already done it and I'm looking for a less-than manual option for data, when possible.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Comprehensive Weapons Information
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2018, 15:20:38 »
Not sure about the Mek Lab, but MegaMek has a search option that runs through tables of equipment and weapons.  I THINK it includes damage, ranges & special rules . . . but the availability would be part of the random force option & just deal with the whole unit.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Crackerb0x

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
  • Alpha Strike Apologist
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2018, 15:48:56 »
This is true. If I can figure out how to get access to Megamek's data files for equipment thatd be a great, but until then I'm looking for some kind of spreadsheet or CSV. Thanks for the idea, though.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2018, 15:50:37 »
megamek is opensource. if you wandered over to their github page, you should be able to find the file that the equipment is read from

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #4 on: 13 November 2018, 20:12:50 »
All our equipment data is contained in either individual files, or huge files.  We build the tables you see from code, so their isn't a "spreadsheet" type of data easily available.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Spinosapper

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 14 November 2018, 00:21:29 »
I'm pretty sure Solaris Skunk Works has an excel file named "equipment" or something like that, with all the stats.  Of course the newest tech won't be on it. 

"Whoever said, 'never shoot a man in the back' never saw the front of a Hunchback."

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #6 on: 14 November 2018, 08:14:54 »
I'm pretty sure Solaris Skunk Works has an excel file named "equipment" or something like that, with all the stats.  Of course the newest tech won't be on it.

Solaris Skunk Works does have an ODS spreadsheet that has a lot of the information in it. It's in the DOCS directory.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 14 November 2018, 09:00:10 »
I think you can copy/paste from mechlab into excel and from there, CSV is easy.
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #8 on: 14 November 2018, 09:13:26 »
As the question has been answered multiple times already, this thread is being closed.

Register