Author Topic: Recommendations for a PC game?  (Read 3944 times)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Re: Recommendations for a PC game?
« Reply #30 on: 22 July 2013, 18:00:59 »
Here's an image search of the interface: http://goo.gl/npr2Z. I'll let you draw your own conclusions, but there's a great deal of functionality they're giving you. You can buy dozens of ships and automate them for you as traders, a combat fleet, etc. You can equip them as you wish. You can run dozens of software packages called "wares" that help this functionality. You can even build space stations and large factory complexes given the money. Doing things like that will probably require tutorials. Also note that there is an actual supply demand economy engine at work. NPCs execute transports in the game.

Or you can just fly around hauling stuff and blowing crap up if you want. Up to you.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #31 on: 22 July 2013, 18:42:02 »
Yeah on one hand you can nearly command fleets of merchant vessels via AI.
One the other hand you could just have one ship, go ship-jacking, and make this your space version of a GTA game.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 22 July 2013, 19:12:52 »
If I were to recommend a good strategy series, it would be either the Total War Series, Sins of a Solar empire, or even the Homeworld Series

btw, they are remaking the Homeworld Games and re-releasing them soon for Steam
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #33 on: 24 July 2013, 14:36:22 »
Something has changed - the bugs have up'd their game. Numerous reports from both civilian and miltary Commanders have told of encounters with Thargoids where, after the battle they were cleaning up the debris and dormant Thargon fighters, a further warship appeared and suddenly all those drones were no longer dormant but flying and blasting. Some unfortunates have even reported this happening with drones that they have already scooped, with more than one ship being destroyed as the drones bust out and start attacking.

If you like fair play then install CustomShields OXP to give shields to the pirates and [wiki=RealisticDamage_OXP]Realistic Damage OXP[/wiki] to enable destroying your equipments during your flee. It is only the first step, the second can be the Breakable Standard Equipment OXPs and you will be surely cautious. ;)
Damn, I'm in LOVE again!
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MrJake

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #34 on: 26 July 2013, 01:13:40 »
Still looking at games, but I did pick up Sword of the Stars: The Pit. Very addictive. Doesn't scratch this particular itch, but still a lot of fun.

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: 26 July 2013, 01:22:19 »
btw, they are remaking the Homeworld Games and re-releasing them soon for Steam

I hope they just upgrade the graphics for the first Homeworld game and thats all. To me, that game was too good with everything else to make a reboot and change things since I don't see how they could top the superb voice acting and music that was in the game. Of course, this is all just my own opinion and everything.
Made by HikageMaru

slickam

• Private
« Reply #36 on: 28 July 2013, 17:22:07 »
I've enjoyed Escape Velocity Nova, which is older and still a lot more expensive than I'd expect, but still a lot of fun. It's a top down 2D game that starts you in a small shuttle and lets you buy (or capture) your way up to capital ships if you want.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #37 on: 28 July 2013, 18:08:15 »
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."