Author Topic: (Answered) Bombing questions  (Read 3081 times)

RifleMech

• Major
(Answered) Bombing questions
« on: 20 August 2019, 19:31:37 »
Apologies if this is the wrong place but as the questions cover several books I thought it'd be easier to ask here.

1) Can any aircraft unit mount Bomb Bays or just LAMs (IOpg114)? I know there's an Quirk  (SOpg195). I just wondered if there was actual equipment they could mount.
2) Can Airships carry bombs internally, externally, or both? I can't find rules that they can't but there is the rule for them dropping Remote Sensors using the bomb rules. (SOpg375)
3) Are External Consumables Pods (TMpg195) limited to Fighters only or can any aircraft that can carry bombs/cargo carry them? 
4) Can LAMs carry External Consumables Pods and Recon Cameras(TOerratapg65 in their bomb bays? I don't see either on the LAM's Bomb Bay Ordnance Table (IOpg390) but they can carry fuel and TAG. Is this an omission not an exclusion?
5) Does the answer to 3) also apply to ground units as they can carry cargo and may need the Pods to extend their operations in space/tainted atmospheres?

« Last Edit: 13 August 2020, 15:59:41 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Bombing questions
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2020, 15:59:32 »
In the future, please don't make multi-book question threads like this, even if there's a meta-linkage to them all (e.g. "bombing").  It's much easier to deal with things if each is placed in its own appropriate subforum.

1) LAMs only.

2) Airships can't bomb.

3) Any aircraft can use them provided they meet the appropriate engine and environmental sealing to be able to operate in hostile atmospheres as well.

4) Yes, and for Recon Cameras they can be used per p. 150 of TO:AUE.

5) Yes, as per answer 3 above.
« Last Edit: 20 July 2023, 19:41:36 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

RifleMech

• Major
Re: (Research) Bombing questions
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2020, 09:59:45 »
Hi :)

1) Cargo Bays and Quirks it is then. :)

2)  ???   Okay

3) Cool! :)

4) Cool! :)     TO:AUE?  That's TacOps part 2, right? Its available?

5) Cool! :)

Thanks!  :thumbsup: :beer:

Register