Author Topic: Zzzqyuil, from the makers of nyquil?  (Read 3421 times)

StoneRhino

• Captain
Zzzqyuil, from the makers of nyquil?
« on: 14 February 2013, 12:00:19 »

I am just wondering if anyone has tried their new product that is meant to help get you to sleep, much like nyquil knocks people out when they are sick, but without the cough medicine. Yes, ignoring the jokes about using your favorite drink to knock you out,  has anyone actually tried this stuff? If so, what do you think?

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: Zzzqyuil, from the makers of nyquil?
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2013, 14:42:56 »
Tried it. It's Nyquil without the medicine- and it works just as well at knocking you out cold. Be REALLY careful taking it- I took a half-dose, sat down on the couch to take my socks off, and literally woke up nine hours later with a sock still on.

I'm wary of sleep aids, because once I use one I can't fall asleep again without it for days after, but this worked very well.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2013, 16:25:15 »
and if you don't like the taste, wash it down with red bull
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #3 on: 14 February 2013, 16:30:48 »
and if you don't like the taste, wash it down with red bull

****** me, I think I just laughed up a lung...

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Hersh67

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 14 February 2013, 20:11:27 »
Have to agree with Hellbie here.  The stuff will knock you out.  Doesn't taste great, but it's not aweful either.  Kinda like grape Kool-aide without the sugar.   

CAUTION: Use *only* when you have 8-9 hours available to sleep!  Otherwise you risk over-sleeping.

Lazarus Jaguar

• Captain
  • Stop! Hammer Time!
« Reply #5 on: 14 February 2013, 22:39:48 »
Have to agree with Hellbie here.  The stuff will knock you out.  Doesn't taste great, but it's not aweful either.  Kinda like grape Kool-aide without the sugar.   

CAUTION: Use *only* when you have 24-36 hours available to sleep!  Otherwise you risk over-sleeping.

ftfy  :P 

Every time I take Nyquil, I sleep almost the whole day.  Why I can't take it if I have to work, no matter how bad I feel.
You know, I love that every day in Japan is like a very peaceful game of RIFTs. - MadCapellan

around here, April Fools day is Serious! Business!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #6 on: 14 February 2013, 23:48:52 »
Last time I took Nyquil I slept a weekend away. I thought it was Saturday until I looked at my phone and saw it was Monday. I wondered why I was so thirsty and hungry, but damn.

Lesson Learned?
Never drink two shot glasses of Nyquil because two shots of Green Death flavored fluid won't get you to sleep faster, just a lot longer.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #7 on: 14 February 2013, 23:53:45 »
I dont think ZzzzQyuil works as good as that.
But I do like the really really really really great sleep that NyQuil gives. That is some good stuff.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #8 on: 14 February 2013, 23:54:10 »
Last time I took Nyquil I slept a weekend away. I thought it was Saturday until I looked at my phone and saw it was Monday. I wondered why I was so thirsty and hungry, but damn.

Lesson Learned?
Never drink two shot glasses of Nyquil because two shots of Green Death flavored fluid won't get you to sleep faster, just a lot longer.

TWO? Son, you're lucky you're walking.  :o

+Crow T. Robot+

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 14 February 2013, 23:59:25 »
Trust me, some of the things I've drunk in my life, NyQuil is tame in comparison. I once drank formaldehyde mixed with beer. Now that puts one on their rear! Smooth though.

StoneRhino

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 15 February 2013, 01:39:09 »
Trust me, some of the things I've drunk in my life, NyQuil is tame in comparison. I once drank formaldehyde mixed with beer. Now that puts one on their rear! Smooth though.

Sweet, some day some 7th grader is going to be cutting your remains open to see what your last meal was.

As for the responses so far, yeah I would only want to use it if I knew I had enough time for a full 8 hours of sleep. I would test how much is needed to knock me out and how long I would be sleeping before actually putting it to any real use. I'm nocturnal living in a world of people operating on farmer's hours. Basically need it to try and help maintain a fake regular hours sleep schedule.

I've filled that little cup they give you and it still took hours for me to fall asleep. I have also woken up within the 8 hours and could feel the effects, so went right back to sleep. I gotta agree, once it does work there is some nice sleep to be had. I don't think I have ever gotten sleepy much less knocked out by nyquil within the time it takes to take a sock off, except for when I was little.  Thats why I was wondering if zzyquil would have the same effect without the medicine component.

I admit though that last year I did take nyquil for a few extra days after being sick because of how damn good the sleep was. Not a good idea, I know. :))

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 15 February 2013, 04:51:41 »
TWO? Son, you're lucky you're walking.  :o
When I was in Basic Training, we had a free day and one of my roommates drank two bottles of NyQuil (of the 3 he bought)at about 0800 and was asleep till 0330 the next day at which point we literally had to push him out of his rack onto the floor in order to get him up.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 15 February 2013, 12:02:24 »
You had a free day in Basic? Wow, talk about a rarity. As for that 7th grader cutting open my stomach, they will find a very well preserved stomach. Ah my mispent and drunken youth.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 16 February 2013, 05:25:16 »
Yep, it was the Sunday before our final week. Got to g oto Church, to the PX Shoppette and that sort of thing.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Register