Author Topic: Need Help!!! :D  (Read 5459 times)

GermanSumo

• Sergeant
Need Help!!! :D
« on: 14 June 2017, 07:13:57 »
hi guys,

so this is the situation: through a german facebook rpg group, some oldsters like me had the idea to start a clissic battletech rpg online (in german). i was mad enough to say ok to being the storyteller. i didnt do the SL job for 5 years now but was a SL for a dozen years, so it shouldnt be a huge issue. we settled on some frames, the other guys are frantically reading the books right now to create their characters and i need to think of some nice, small stories. but my mind is totally blank atm...

PLEASE help me out with some ideas, could you????

heres the setting:

- we will start around 3048. before operation revival but with some clans scouting the "northern" deep periphery, clan players possible
- the group will have an old SL dropship at their disposal, payed during character creation. this is due to their wish to being independent of sorts. not comstar, not merc, not house unit. they wanna go out and decide freely what they wanna do
- the group will start somewhere near old lyran/rasalhague border to the deep periphery. basically "just north over the imaginery borderline". in bandit territory, but i will plan some outer colonies.
- appearantly we are going to have one RICH dude (los tech prospector as last life path option. he found the dropship and maintains it), one engineer, several mech jocks and the rest i dunno. possibly clanner and com star member.
- they will probably hire some infantry platoons to support them
- mech battles will occur ofc :D :D :D

so, thats what we have until now. please feel free to add whatever you like.

and if any of my players are reading this: my mind may be blank, but i can still do it hahaha  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

GermanSumo

• Sergeant
Re: Need Help!!! :D
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2017, 07:19:27 »
oh... one more thing. they specifically said, the DONT want the old theme of tricking the clans and amassing wealth and riches through fighting them

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2017, 19:09:28 »
If they were mercenaries, punitive raids against the bandit kingdoms would work, but without getting paid, it's not really worth it.  If they're just prospecting, they'll likely run into pirates anyway.  I'm not seeing how Clan characters would work prior to Revival unless they're ex-Dragoons or something.

PeacMaker03

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2017, 17:49:25 »
G.S.

Take a look at this site. I think it is pretty great, for a multi year Time of War game. Almost 7 years of ideas.

http://the-farscape-campaign.obsidianportal.com/

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2017, 18:41:27 »
3048 is an interesting time in the coreward Lyran/Periphery sector.  The Oberon Confederation lost its HPG in 3045, and there were rumors of an invasion.  All parties involved were steamrollered by the Clan invasion, but you could have a rollicking good time getting your crew into the war between the Oberon Confederation and the Greater Valkyriate.  Throw in some profiteering Hanseatic traders, assassins for hire (Helmar Valasek's crew or some exiled Jarnfolk), and stray Chainlane factions looking to import mercs to gain an edge in their local battles, and you can develop a setting that the players have a deep investment in when REVIVAL comes calling.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.