Author Topic: who makes ER PPC's before the SL fell?  (Read 3590 times)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
Re: who makes ER PPC's before the SL fell?
« Reply #30 on: 23 January 2020, 08:18:54 »
the 2H's 2777 debut checks out for the Magna Firestar. we're up to three!

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #31 on: 23 January 2020, 08:22:39 »
Magna Firestar ERPPC from Klondike
 and I was surprised to see the Parti-Kill SnubNoose at the Falcon.... well shouldn't the Manticore and Myrmidon be retconned in this case

Why?  ???

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #32 on: 23 January 2020, 09:19:37 »
http://sarna.net/wiki/Extended_Range_Particle_Projector_Cannon#Magna_Firestar

The odd thing here is that all of the worlds we know it was made on aren't Terran Hegemony worlds - one of them is in the Taurian Concordat, and the other two are in Capellan or Marik space.

I think this is a fact check failure on the writers' side, if they included the Magna on the Shogun.

We have never gotten a good report on what the Hegemony produced that was destroyed with the fall of the Star League.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

haesslich

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 23 January 2020, 10:14:04 »
We have never gotten a good report on what the Hegemony produced that was destroyed with the fall of the Star League.

You'd think that the ER PPC, which appears to have been primarily on Royal units in the Star League period, would be one of the proscribed technologies that didn't get exported for at least a decade, the way the SNPPC was   

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #34 on: 23 January 2020, 10:37:19 »
You'd think that the ER PPC, which appears to have been primarily on Royal units in the Star League period, would be one of the proscribed technologies that didn't get exported for at least a decade, the way the SNPPC was

The Shogun was made by Mitchell Vehicles, on Terra and Graham IV.  Both of those were within the Terran Hegemony.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

haesslich

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: 23 January 2020, 19:18:27 »
The Shogun was made by Mitchell Vehicles, on Terra and Graham IV.  Both of those were within the Terran Hegemony.

The Shogun is a TH product, but the references I find for the Firestar shows only sites outside of the Hegemony which were never part of the TH.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #36 on: 24 January 2020, 02:41:16 »
Those are Firestar locations in 3050+

Magna PPCs were made on Terra by Aldis, so it wouldn't surprise me if they had produced other models besides the Original at some point in the past.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Hptm. Streiger

• Lieutenant
  • 3d artist, spread sheet warrior, KTF
« Reply #37 on: 24 January 2020, 02:47:20 »
Why?  ???
Why? Well not for the official but for the house rule - the SnubNoose or Plasma Cannon instead of the PPC makes perfect sense for the Manticore and Myrmidon

Its a Parti-Kill and by the description of the Parti-Kill in the TRO3026... it sounds like a Plasma Gun - instead of lobbing heavy ions with hypervelocity it lobs a huge chunk of confined (however) plasma much slower and of course at shorter ranges.
And because I lost my sanity some years ago already:

in the left side are the 4 PPC models I made half a year ago: up-down Donal, Parti-Kill (the other both are proxies)
Sure both similar massive but on this model, the Parti-Kill is already equipped with armor and heat-sinks (reminds me that I need to finish the Manticore)

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 24 January 2020, 03:37:41 »
Why? Well not for the official but for the house rule - the SnubNoose or Plasma Cannon instead of the PPC makes perfect sense for the Manticore and Myrmidon

Its a Parti-Kill and by the description of the Parti-Kill in the TRO3026... it sounds like a Plasma Gun - instead of lobbing heavy ions with hypervelocity it lobs a huge chunk of confined (however) plasma much slower and of course at shorter ranges.
And because I lost my sanity some years ago already:

in the left side are the 4 PPC models I made half a year ago: up-down Donal, Parti-Kill (the other both are proxies)
Sure both similar massive but on this model, the Parti-Kill is already equipped with armor and heat-sinks (reminds me that I need to finish the Manticore)

I suppose?

Ah. Yeah, TRO:3039, has it firing a plasma shell. In TRO:3026 it's just an energy shell. I pictured it as an energy ball like in the video games instead of a stream of lightning. Either way, I always gave it some house rules as it's so different from "standard" PPCs.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #39 on: 24 January 2020, 04:58:32 »
Or the Magna PPCs plant within the former TH may have been destroyed sometime during the civil war or the eating of the TH planets by the other houses.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #40 on: 26 January 2020, 13:53:06 »
I will go with a Blankenburg but not say the production name in my fanfic.